[Drama 2012] The Lord of the Drama/The King of Dramas 드라마의 제왕

NakaiKana

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I adore this drama. I love the dynamics of the personalities and the complexities of the characters and I have such high hopes for it. I hope it doesn't slow down because I love te fast pace of the drama and hope it doesn't get draggy like other kdramas. That said, I can't wait for more eps! 

@WhiteFox
Thank You so so much for Opening in HD !! ^^.
I Love this Opening, it's very beautiful ^^.

So, For Those who are interested I searched the original paintings.

- Anthony Kim : Napoleon Crossing the Alps
- Lee Go-Eun : Portrait of Maria van Oosterwijck
- Kang Hyun-Min : Thomas William Coke
- Nam Woon-Hyung : Portrait of a Gentleman
- Oh Jin-Wan : Napoleon abdicating in Fontainebleau
- Sung Min-Ah : Portrait of Madame Récamier

Thank you to @arawm & @WhiteFox for Lee Go-Eun ^^

Open Spoiler To See the comparison with original paintings

Anthony Kim :  Napoleon Crossing the Alps

Napoleon Crossing the Alps (also known as Napoleon at the Saint-Bernard Pass or Bonaparte Crossing the Alps) is the title given to the five versions of an oil on canvas equestrian portrait of Napoleon Bonaparte painted by the French artist Jacques-Louis David between 1801 and 1805.

On this picture : Versailles Version
They used, I Think... Versailles and Vienna versions

Source : wikipedia

openin15.jpg

Lee Go-Eun : Portrait of Maria van Oosterwijck
Artist : Wallerant Vaillant - Date : 1671

openin21.jpg

Kang Hyun-Min : Thomas William Coke
Artist : Pompeo Girolamo Batoni - Date : 1774

openin16.jpg

Nam Woon-Hyung  :  Portrait of a Gentleman
Artist : Thomas de Keyser - Date : 1632

openin17.jpg

Oh Jin-Wan  :  Napoleon abdicating in Fontainebleau
Artist : Paul Delaroche - Date : 1845

openin18.jpg

And... Final Painting...At the end of Opening
openin20.jpg

Sung Min-Ah :  Portrait of Madame Récamier

Portrait of Madame Récamier is an 1800 portrait of the Parisian socialite Juliette Récamier by Jacques Louis David showing her in the height of Neoclassical fashion, reclining on an Directoire style sofa in a simple empire line dress with almost bare arms, and short hair "à la Titus". He began it in May 1800 but may have left it unfinished

openin19.jpg

So, I love very much this drama...
The return of Kim Myung Min in a Drama it's really pleasant.
For the time being, I love all characters, story, music, direction... In fact ALL lol.

I am a bit disappointed because of The preview from EP 7 .

I hope Go-Eun will not amesiac but she try to deceive him.
But, this could be of interest if it's well made... Wait and see ^^.

And... I'm sorry for my English ^^.

Guest Arawni1430292037

yame said:

- Lee Go-Eun : ???

Can you even get arrested for drunk driving when you are sitting behind the wheel of a parked car? Does the king have more than one spy in that four man group? I just started to watch and have to tell you that I'm totally hooked. Now I'm so looking forward to next week. It's amazing to me that everyone hates Anthony when they all are such cut throat Aholes. I don't see in difference in him and the rest of the people like him.

@Lhay .....She was in one of the making video and I already posted it up. Other than that not much about her so far because her character wont appear till ep 7.
SBS will usually release something new on Friday for Monday's ep, so maybe there's something of Oh Ji Eun's today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mini press conference
mdd.jpg
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109503886

ddee.jpg

wr.jpg

credit to SBS

class="articletitle"'The King of Dramas' Choi Siwon and Jung Ryeo Won Get Into Car Accidents

Choi Siwon and Jung Ryeo Won are facing danger.

November 20, 2012 7:27 PM EST

Choi Siwon and Jung Ryeo Won are facing danger.

On the Tuesday episode of SBS "The King of Dramas," Hyun Min (Super Junior's Choi Siwon) is arrested for drunk driving and Go Eun (Jung Ryeo Won) gets into a car accident.

In this episode, Hyun Min refuses to film the scene where he has to swim in the ocean and even meets the director and clashes with him.

Hyun Min, after drinking with the director, was driving with Lee Go Eun in the car. He accidentally gets into a small accident and is arrested by the police. However, the person who drove into him was Jin Wan (Jung Man Sik) who is trying to ruin the drama. 

Lee Go Eun, who was giving the news to Anthony (Kim Myung Min), is hit by a passing car.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/17414/20121120/king-of-dramas-choi-siwon-and-jung-ryeo-won-get-into-car-accidents.htm

IBELIS

said: Can you even get arrested for drunk driving when you are sitting behind the wheel of a parked car? Does the king have more than one spy in that four man group? I just started to watch and have to tell you that I'm totally hooked. Now I'm so looking forward to next week. It's amazing to me that everyone hates Anthony when they all are such cut throat Aholes. I don't see in difference in him and the rest of the people like him.

Guest Arawni1430292037

I agree with @Whitefox. There's nothing wrong with HM getting arrested in that situation. There was a traffic accident and HM has alcohol in his blood - this would lead to his arrest even in my country and our limit for drunk driving is 0,5 promilles. HM did have only one small glass but it was strong alcohol, not beer and so it's possible that alcohol in his blood was over the limit. It depends on how fast one's body burns alcohol and show can simply say that HM's body is slow at this which is totally plausible.

Also, check this:
http://www.totaldui.com/blog/korea-sorts-out-dui-laws/

Considering that story, what happened in drama could very well happen in real life, too.

yame said: @WhiteFox
Thank You so so much for Opening in HD !! ^^.
I Love this Opening, it's very beautiful ^^.

So, For Those who are interested I searched the original paintings.

- Lee Go-Eun : Portrait of Maria van Oosterwijck

Thank you to @arawm & @WhiteFox for Lee Go-Eun ^^

Open Spoiler To See the comparison with original paintings

Anthony Kim :  Napoleon Crossing the Alps

Napoleon Crossing the Alps (also known as Napoleon at the Saint-Bernard Pass or Bonaparte Crossing the Alps) is the title given to the five versions of an oil on canvas equestrian portrait of Napoleon Bonaparte painted by the French artist Jacques-Louis David between 1801 and 1805.

On this picture : Versailles Version
They used, I Think... Versailles and Vienna versions

Source : wikipedia

openin15.jpg

Lee Go-Eun : Portrait of Maria van Oosterwijck
Artist : Wallerant Vaillant - Date : 1671

openin21.jpg

Kang Hyun-Min : Thomas William Coke
Artist : Pompeo Girolamo Batoni - Date : 1774

openin16.jpg

Nam Woon-Hyung  :  Portrait of a Gentleman
Artist : Thomas de Keyser - Date : 1632

openin17.jpg

Oh Jin-Wan  :  Napoleon abdicating in Fontainebleau
Artist : Paul Delaroche - Date : 1845

openin18.jpg

And... Final Painting...At the end of Opening
openin20.jpg

Sung Min-Ah :  Portrait of Madame Récamier

Portrait of Madame Récamier is an 1800 portrait of the Parisian socialite Juliette Récamier by Jacques Louis David showing her in the height of Neoclassical fashion, reclining on an Directoire style sofa in a simple empire line dress with almost bare arms, and short hair "à la Titus". He began it in May 1800 but may have left it unfinished

openin19.jpg

So, I love very much this drama...
The return of Kim Myung Min in a Drama it's really pleasant.
For the time being, I love all characters, story, music, direction... In fact ALL lol.

I am a bit disappointed because of The preview from EP 7 .

I hope Go-Eun will not amesiac but she try to deceive him.
But, this could be of interest if it's well made... Wait and see ^^.

And... I'm sorry for my English ^^.

Archived