[Drama 2012] The Lord of the Drama/The King of Dramas 드라마의 제왕

NakaiKana

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it raw so barely understood anything they said, my first impression: pretty good! 
The plot was strong, so happy to welcome KMM back in the small screen. Nobody can plays Anthony Kim as good as KMM. Solid acting from both KMM & JRW as well as the supporting characters. Can't wait for tonight's episode. 

I ship KMM and JRW too. haha....Their scenes makes my heart ''Duguen Dugeun.'' ^^ I thought it was crazy. Never ship him with anyone. lol
Sigh~Hopefully they can get better ratings today. My heart sank when I saw the ratings for the first ep.

Guest jjsweeter0211

20121106_gangkiz_sooeun.jpg

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 12px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 12px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform: none; letter-spacing: -1px; "Gang Kiz’ Sooeun cast opposite Super Junior’s Siwon in ‘The Lord of the Drama’

Gang Kiz member Sooeun has been cast opposite Super Junior‘s Siwon in the SBS series ’The Lord of the Drama‘.

According to Core Contents Media“Choi Sooeuun has been cast in the role of Super Junior Siwon’s character Kang Hyun Min’s girlfriend, who also happens to be a popular girl group member.”

Sooeun is reported to have played the role of a fashion coordinator in PD Hong Sung Chang’s previous drama ‘You’re Beautiful‘.

Check out Sooeun and the rest of Gang Kiz on the November 13th episode.

cr: allkpop

Guest dramaqueen282

This is a very awesome drama I have to say. just want to share the LIVE recap of Ep 2 here--> http://www.vingle.net/posts/71331

Guest mystisith

I saw the 1st episode today and I like it a lot. I hope the ratings will get better but it's a tough competition for the Mon/Tues dramas: Even the "Can we get married" by jtbc is good and Ohlala Couple which was going nowhere is back on tracks. It's hard to be a drama watcher!

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

King of Dramas not a king of ratings

by javabeans | November 6, 2012 |

dramaking_51.jpgdramaking_51a.jpg

Another drama premiered this week — SBS’s King of Dramas — which changes up the ratings landscape for Monday-Tuesday dramas. Or at least you’d expect that it would, but instead it has just inherited third place from its predecessor, Faith, which wrapped last week. Its premiere episode netted a 6.5% rating.

That’s too bad since I was hoping the drama-about-dramas starring Kim Myung-min, Jung Ryeo-won, and Choi Siwon would put up a decent fight. I’m itching for a good comedy these days — 2012 has been strangely lacking in those, hasn’t it? — and thought this might fill that void. (True, rival drama Oohlala Spouses is touted as a comedy, but it’s heading into decidedly melo waters these days.)

Speaking of which, Oohlala has been hanging on to second place, and Monday’s episode brought in an 11.5%, while sageuk Horse Healer stayed out in front with a 14.7%. Tuesday’s numbers were slightly more optimistic, but the order remains unchanged:Horse Healer rose to 15.4%, Oohlala stayed level at 11.6%, and King of Dramasimproved to bring home a 7.3% rating.

No need to despair just yet, since this is only the beginning. I don’t expect a drastic shift in the numbers — sageuk is king — but King of Dramas has room to bring itself into double digits, and perhaps challenge Oohlala. Watching its first episode, I’m still uncertain how I feel about the show but it has a humorously dramatic vibe that suggests we might be in for some campy fun, and there’s an assured pace and a polish to the look of the thing. Who knows if that sheen will survive the live-shoot, but I’m liking the little details, like freeze-framed moments or ticking clocks or an overdramatic score that’s totally tongue-in-cheek. And, of course, Kim Myung-min taking on another forceful character with all his usual aplomb is another bonus.

horse_16.jpg

Via Joy News

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="articletitle" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: none; outline-color: initial; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 34px; "'The King of Dramas' Jung Ryeo Won Leaves Strong Impression

Actress Jung Ryeo Won is leaving a strong impression on the viewers with her new drama, "The King of Dramas."

November 6, 2012 9:32 AM EST |

40163.jpg'The King of Drama' Ryeo Won Leaves Strong Impression

Actress Jung Ryeo Won is leaving a strong impression on the viewers with her new drama, "The King of Dramas."

The new SBS Mon/Tues drama chronicles the relationship between a production company executive, who believes that dramas must make money, and a writer who believes dramas must portray the love and humanity we experience in our lives.

Jung Ryeo Won left a very strong impression as the naive yet principled young writer in the Monday premiere. 

She was a very stark opposition to Kim Myung Min, who plays Anthony Kim, and though she may fall for his silly lies, she was incredibly focused and expressive in her acting and is driving the plot just as much as Kim Myung Min.

Near the end of the episode, she pours orange juice on him, standing her ground in front of him.

"The King of Dramas" airs every Monday and Tuesday.

cr:  kpopstarz.com

Ahhhhh! This drama is so good. Though I wouldn't want this to happen, but this has the extreme possibility to top my favorite kdrama of all-time which is BEETHOVEN VIRUS. Then I thought to myself, Kim Myungmin is the most selfish person on the planet! To get all #1 spots battling against each other.

Archived