[Help!] Where do you plug this in?

sgwannabe

Need to hook up sound but don't know how
My mom just bought a Samsung 150s from a friend of hers. Well, we got everything in except one thing, the sound system. This is what it looks like.

photo0177zx9.jpg

It has two plugs like this.

photo0178br9.jpgFirst onephoto0179ft9.jpg Second plug

We don't know where to plug it in. This is a desktop computer, so it has the big modem things. They have to plug into this:

photo0180fe8.jpg

or this

photo0181nb4.jpg

I don't know what to do. I've tried putting it in both those spots, the two plugs, but it doesn't work. Is it something to do with my settings then? Please help!

Guest CIRee

match the colors :) green is audio out, blue is audio in, pink is mic thats the basic untill you get to 5.1 which is black is center. yellow thats new to me.

If each of the speakers has a cable (e.g. one with yellow, and the speaker with the volume controls etc with the green)... then one speaker plugs into the other speaker (in the pic, the left one into the one with the volume controls) - this is probably the yellow cable.

Then the green cable goes into the back of the computer.

Guest hanpil

If each of the speakers has a cable (e.g. one with yellow, and the speaker with the volume controls etc with the green)... then one speaker plugs into the other speaker (in the pic, the left one into the one with the volume controls) - this is probably the yellow cable.

Then the green cable goes into the back of the computer.

he is probably right. the smaller plug goes into the other speaker, not the computer. the larger one goes in the green colored input.

That's odd. Very odd. Are you definitely sure there's no socket at the back etc?

Otherwise, can you find a brand and model on the speakers?

Guest res0nate

iirc those look like the same ones from work and it required a sub to hook up to. Perhaps thats what the other connection is for.

You're just in luck, I have the same speaker set.

IM001460.jpg

I have a feeling that you just got ripped off badly. This speaker set comes in two different versions. One comes with just two speakers, the other comes with two speakers and a subwoofer, which is the version you have. How do I know this? There are three wires coming out of your right speaker.

photo0177zx9.jpg

One wire is automatically attached to your left speaker, one wire connects to the computer and the yellow wire (orange on mine) is supposed to attach to the subwoofer.

IM001461.jpg

Not to mention, the power source for the speakers comes from the subwoofer, did you notice that you couldn't turn on the power in the right speaker? I would highly suggest you contact the people who sold that set to you. If they don't have the subwoofer and the AC adaptor, get your money back.

And if they don't comply, it looks like your mom might lose a friend ;)

Archived