Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest mintcar

susAm, thanks so much for the translation! :)

we can further understand now why she chose a sensitive topic for her first project in directing. and you can't help but admire her multiple talents.

i guess we will not be seeing her on-screen for awhile, but i hope we'll still see her in a drama/movie as an actor. wish her all the success with her upcoming projects!

natali, thanks for the picture updates of her illustrations! hopefully there'll be more news of her exhibit and pictures of her when it opens tomorrow.

Thank you for a wonderful video. HS and MH's interaction always make me laugh--they are like couple of kids at play. So fun to watch and listen. I know I am repeating myself but I really can understand why GHS was called Goo Cho Ding on the set. It almost seems like she can sort of adapt her personality to whoever she is with, making the other person feel at ease.

It also makes sense then that she is known in the industry as the "pahl bahng mi in" or beauty in every respect or a person who can be a friend to all, or basically a beautiful friend inside and out. :)

I feel like GHS may have made a wise choice in pursuing directing, producing, drawing, writing and composing because I do not think they are as much in the lime light or even hot seat as the actors, in Korea. Am I wrong in assuming this way? I could be totally wrong here but it appears to me that actors who frequently come out in variety shows to reveal more about themselves may end up having less anti's and more popularity than those who may not?? GHS, I don't think enjoy appearing in these variety shows that much. In these shows, one has to not only reveal more about yourself but may even have to talk about other people--which I don't think is GHS' cup of tea. Of course, I gather she has passion for all the things listed above. She never meant to go into acting--she said acting lessons were only to help her get over the fear of stage or performing live in front of audience. I wonder if she has any regrets. I hope she is not going to get rid of acting all together just to avoid difficult anti's. I don't think GHS would make decisions based on anti's? Do you? :mellow:

When you come out in variety shows as often as some of the stars do, it takes away their mystique and ultimately their viability in whatever arena they are in or would like to pursue. For example, you do not see such actreses like Jeon Do Yeon/Yoo Ji Tae/ Ha Jang Woo come out on these variety shows as alot of these idol stars would. Even Yoon Eun Hye who has been a fixture in these shows in the past stopped altogether. Being so open also leads to more specuation of one's private life.

If you show all facets of yourself to the audience, it takes away their interest in some sorts. Also, I feel as though GHS, although very fun with an interesting personality in real life, is very private and would like to remain that way.

Guest susAmerica

sue pls translate this article..

Tango

There is really nothing new in this article about GHS. The reporter Shim Jae Gul of Korea Economy paper writes on July 1, 2009 that two celebrities whose career origins are in acting for GHS and singing for former LPG member Lee Oh Tah are both showcasing their new talent in their art work in Insadong, which is known as 'Street of Art'. The reporter felt it was an uncommon coincidence that these two people are showcasing also at the same time, of course at different galleries. Both exhibits are from July 1 ~ July 7th. Whatever that we know about her exhibit, he repeats it. He also says that "pahl bahng mi in" GHS will be focusing on her new career as a PD and as composer after the exhibit. He also states that GHS' art work has already been positively reviewed by many.

My question is did any reporter actually and specifically asked GHS if she is definitely giving up acting all together?!!! Why!! What would she miss and what wouldn't she miss? What conditions might make her become an actress once in a while? I REALLY want to know!

Good Luck GHS in the TANGO illustration exhibit!!!! :D

I personally wouldn't mind if she would focus more on her directing than acting during this time. I just feel that, with her past dramas, NN5, King and I, Pure 19, Strongest Chil Woo and BoF, she has already proven herself as an actress. I guess we just wanted to see her again in another project this year because we miss seeing her beauty and talent (add everything you want :P) either in the small screen or big screen. Having directing as major and pursuing it at this time, is perfectly fine, because I'm sure that she loves doing it and I would love to see more of her works because she has a different idealism than most actors. I do hope that her Cheerful Caretaker would be subbed *prays for someone with a kind soul* because I like watching those kinds of movies, wherein your mind would work and ponder about it after watching.

Again, this is her happiness that I'm talking about, and I'm pretty sure she's happy right now, with the achievements that she has(and will be making), and I cannot stop saying this, but she's really a role model to all women (and men too).

I also think that she's really not the type to make appearances in some shows, and I agree to what bellaangel012 said. This is also what I like about GHS. And also, aside from her being a private person, it makes her mysterious as well to some people, which makes them want to know more about her. And when they do get to know her, they'll be even more mesmerized and amazed (both men and women).

Thanks VERY much to all the infos, and also to susAmerica for the translations. And I'm grateful as well to BoF, that despite my bitterness to the writer (off-topic, don't mind), I'm VERY thankful that I met F4, but most especially, Goo Hye Sun. She's truly one of a kind, and not another pretty face.

Guest misa_yen

Goo Hye Sun at her Art Exhibition today

2009070114081973942_1.jpg

200907011416572100_1.jpg

2009070114182078609_1.jpg

PP09070100048.JPG

tn_1246425302_22986136_0.jpg

200907011414004560735A_2.jpg

credit as tagged

I've just seen more pics at baidu but I'm kind of busy right now

so hope someone will kindly post more later

EDIT: oh you're here Nina

ok I will check to remove the same pics :D

Guest ching22194

Wow her movie seems to be intriguing.

she touched very sensible subject.. Moral ethics, philosophy, religion..

one's that you barely seen in movies nowadays.

the only downfall i could think of for this one is its too deep

that viewers will find it difficult to comprehend and find it entertaining.

the kind of film you have to watched a couple of times to fully grasped

the message the film is trying to convey.

i hope this would be a hit and for her to gain respect from other directors!

Guest susAmerica

one more article sue..

Tango

maybe the picture in the this article is the art exhibition place?thanks :)

I am going to very briefly summarize this article: written by Park Joo Sung

(pjs08@kyunghyang.com) reporter of KYUNGHYUNG.com News.

It has nothing to do with GHs' art exhibit. The first pic is the area that YoonJiHoo and GeumJandi strolled together and he even tried to propose to her there with the ring. That top pic in the article is the lighthouse. Do you remember that scene? That scene and the last date scene of JP and JD all occurred in and around the Inchun area.

The article is saying that BOF is still playing a major role in the Korean tourism economy. People are even more excited because GHS also lives in Inchun. Tons of people are visiting the area to look and experience the area walked on by the BOF cast members. The local business shops and restaurrants are also benefitting from the success of the drama. In January, 1010 people visited, In April, 27,200 people visited. And more are still coming. Young couples and families are attracted to the area to date and to vacation because of BOF. The business people also have heard that BOF is a big hit in Japan, Taiwan and Phillippines. They expect the foreign tourists to visit the area during their vacation in summer. So Inchun business and tourism industry are getting ready to please the crowd.

Even the pool scene of the last episode was taken in the area and people are already calling in to reserve for the summer vacation to experience and look at that pool. (I loved that scene too,) The smart business men are also creating miny tours to introduce the guests to the sites and area where BOF casts filmed their scenes. (Wow Inchun is going to be tuning the unstable economy around!)

BOF is making many people rich because previously I also translated an article that says that Jandi's lunch box that holds lunch for her and JP to share on a picnic also was the best selling product and actually was 80% sold out. Remember? Those who benefited must be forever grateful to BOF. :)

Guest susAmerica

Goo Hye Sun at her Art Exhibition today

I've just seen more pics at baidu but I'm kind of busy right now

so hope someone will kindly post more later

EDIT: oh you're here Nina

ok I will check to remove the same pics :D

Thank you for the pics at the exhibit.

That blue color picture that GHS is standing inf front of... It is a drawing within a drawing. I see within what looks like on the outside glob of leaves and lines and yet you look more carefully and see a shape of a man sitting down with legs stretched out. Does anybody else? In the books I love some of her drawings that seems to symbolize depth within depth. It is like when you look into a clear stream and you see reflection and more. Beautiful and clever and ever so intricate and so detailed. What a concentration she had to have to draw those...It is almost like saying don't judge things by its cover--take another closer look..you know what I mean? B)

Guest mintcar

she looks really pretty. i like her outfit :)

here are more pictures..

2009070115100221001.jpg

2009070114564221001.jpg

20090701277072009070136.jpg

20090701273972009070135.jpg

20090701274672009070136.jpg

20090701275072009070136.jpg

20090701279872009070136.jpg

20090701280772009070136.jpg

credit as labelled

pls. do not hotlink

Guest mintcar

^Thanks for the pics. LOL, either HS decided to put on the artisan look or she went gothic on us! Haha, I noticed her nail is black! She rocks with it!

i noticed that too! hehe. but on her right hand, it's only her pinky with black nail polish. for her left hand, the pinky and the ring finger.

here are some pics of her artwork:

pyh2009070107920099000p.jpg

pyh2009070108130099000p.jpg

pyh2009070108160099000p.jpg

:D

20090701276372009070136.jpg

200907011422045040.jpg

credit as labelled