Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest xiaomaii

oh..misa_yen thanks for the updates and short summary!!

wow..she's more acknowledged now..woot!

so she want to be a long-term director?

omo...does this mean we're not be able to see her in a drama sooner?

I miss seeing her on TV

not behind the cam..

if she wants to be a PD, and I can sense her passion for it..

then I guess it'll be a long wait for us then... :tears:

Sue, thanks for the additional trans! :)

Saw this mv with footage of their Taiwan interviews combined with their BTS and the song was just beautiful! LOVE it!!!

love this MV too.. this is flower pot's..kekeke :P

Nina67NATALI thanks for the pictures! love her simplicity..she's radiant and very pretty,,she looks happy and well rested :D

Guest susAmerica

interview with GHS about her short film at MSFF: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=guhyesun&no=100353

here's another link from MSFF official site:

http://www.msff.or.kr/2009/community/daily...d=31&page=1

susAmerica, help to translate? :)

Thank you mintcar. After I read this article I had to translate even though it is so late. It talks about GHS's new project and it appears that she really is moving into the director role. She seems passionate about it. Translation below. This same article/GHS interview is in both links that you provided above.

Misa-yen, thank you for the link. That article did not have anythig new that I translated the one below.

DCInside.com

Daily: Kim Mi Hyang and photographer Min Ji Eun (interview date June 26, 2009)

Directing or Acting:

The reporter introduces the 4 movies that were screened at the MSFF one after the other. Because these movies are made by the actors who decided to try a hand at directing, the audience is particularly interested.

‘Directing or Acting’ <Cheerful Caretaker> and its Director Goo Hye Sun

Friday the 26th, GHS is here! But she seems somewhat strange. She is not the cute little Jandi from BOF. She appears the same but she seems more mature and dignified. That’s right! She is here at MSFF not as an actress but as a DIRECTOR! Below is my interview with Director Goo Hye Sun.

So glad to meet you. I heard you had a chance to talk with the audience about your short film. How was it?I felt nervous because the audience was interpreting the movie better I can. I think only the elite and intelligent audience must come to MSFF. (laughter)

<Cheerful Caretaker> is your first short film. What are your thoughts?

I am overwhelmed and so excited. They say if you are ignorant, you are brave. That is how I took up the project. And then to see my movie being shown in theatres like this makes me feel even more and more responsible to make even better movies.

Euthanasia, Religion, etc. Your <Cheerful Caretaker> utilized heavy and difficult subjects. Didn’t you feel burdened by the fact that you are dealing with such heavy topics for your first film?

I felt a strong desire to tackle a very difficult issue for my first short project. At first, I thought of a story of a funeral parlor (smile). Confined space, abstinence, religion and nuns and using the extreme “sauce” (I do not know how to translate this) to describe and open up a story that the one who handles the human life is not the spirit or God but the humans themselves.

Ah Ah, So difficult! So metaphysical and philosophical. Is there anything about your film that you want your audience to pay attention to?

Actually I thought my film would be easiest to understand, however, among all the short films, mine seems to be the most difficult. (laugh) I hope that the audience pays attention to the nun who could be a human being and also may not be.

You have so many areas that you are so good at: actor, director and you are also showing so much ability in music, art and literature. And I am jealous that you are also known as a beauty in every respect and so friendly to everybody.

Yes, I am more known as an actress. However, I actually started in producing and directing. My major is in PD. As far as I know, many movie directors such as Park Chan Wook, Bong Joon Ho, Kim Ji Woon, etc. all are so much more deeply knowledgeable and scholarly in so many areas that I can not even compare. (laughter)

On top of that you are so polite. Do you have plans for your next project?

Because my first project is a short film, I utilized very heavy topics. Currently I am preparing for my next project which is a long-piece musical movie. I want to make a movie that the entire population would understand.

Finally, if there is anything that you would like to say to MSFF?

MSFF is so popular and famous. Yet I had been so busy acting that I have not had the chance to come before. I am so glad that I have the opportunity. I hope that MSFF today and future continue to activate (maybe showcase) new short films.

(I just love her more and more! One thing that I can add from the link provided by misa-yen is that YG Entertainment is definitely proud of her and calls her an actress with great creativity and she is also a workaholic. I believe it.) :D

woww...i'm amazed. thanks sus (may i call you this?) for the translation. *hugs

meaning she won't be acting in any new drama/movie real soon....i miss her already sob sob

YG really loves her...she is lovable by everybody...hopefully by minho too....hehe

Guest Miki67

Gosh...susAm...thanks so much...i'm proud of her...

but i feel sad since she tend to be behind the cam rather than acting T-T...miss her so bad

Btw, i just got a fancam of HS at the event yesterday...some fans luckily had chance to talk with Sun....i envy them

Here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bty3BkSBnVQ

Big hugs for all Sunnies ^^

Guest stardustsg

mintcar and susAmerica, thank you so much for the article and translation! :)

I'm totally with all of you.. Hyesun is really very talented and humble. Music is able to cross all boundaries, I hope her musical movie will be able to let people all over the world get to know her! :)

Speaking of music, does anyone knows if there is any translation of the untitled piece Hyesun sang on the "peppermint show"? There's also a self-cam video of the song. I hope to understand the meaning behind those words. Can you post it here if you have it? Many thanks in advance!!

Guest susAmerica

Gosh...susAm...thanks so much...i'm proud of her...

but i feel sad since she tend to be behind the cam rather than acting T-T...miss her so bad

Btw, i just got a fancam of HS at the event yesterday...some fans luckily had chance to talk with Sun....i envy them

Here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bty3BkSBnVQ

Big hugs for all Sunnies ^^

I know on June 26th Friday, she was wearing the white blouse to make that stage greeting. right?

Here she is wearing her black top. I wonder if it is Monday, June 29th?? I find dates helptful in terms of knowing about her llife in context. Anyway, the fans are shouting out, are you leaving? are you coming back? are you going to stay around? (I saw GHS nod) we are here until Saturday. see you again soon. I cannot hear GHS or her manager but, he took out 2 fingers, maybe to mean that they are staying on for 2 more days? That makes sense since, if the fan cam was taken on Monday, June 29th, her exhibit starts in 2 days on July 1. Love it when she is loved,,, :D

edit: sorry I just saw on the video itself the date, June 29, 2009.

Guest susAmerica

Thank you for the drawings. To me, few of her drawings make me feel like I am either floating in my own world or being slowly sucked into an unknown.

I sincerely hope somebody videotape or post pix of her art exhibit.

I guess it's the next best thing to being there. I am sure she will have more at the exhibit than what she has in her book. I see that some of her work are in colors other than black.

Guest susAmerica

Saw this mv with footage of their Taiwan interviews combined with their BTS and the song was just beautiful! LOVE it!!!

Thank you for a wonderful video. HS and MH's interaction always make me laugh--they are like couple of kids at play. So fun to watch and listen. I know I am repeating myself but I really can understand why GHS was called Goo Cho Ding on the set. It almost seems like she can sort of adapt her personality to whoever she is with, making the other person feel at ease.

It also makes sense then that she is known in the industry as the "pahl bahng mi in" or beauty in every respect or a person who can be a friend to all, or basically a beautiful friend inside and out. :)

I feel like GHS may have made a wise choice in pursuing directing, producing, drawing, writing and composing because I do not think they are as much in the lime light or even hot seat as the actors, in Korea. Am I wrong in assuming this way? I could be totally wrong here but it appears to me that actors who frequently come out in variety shows to reveal more about themselves may end up having less anti's and more popularity than those who may not?? GHS, I don't think enjoy appearing in these variety shows that much. In these shows, one has to not only reveal more about yourself but may even have to talk about other people--which I don't think is GHS' cup of tea. Of course, I gather she has passion for all the things listed above. She never meant to go into acting--she said acting lessons were only to help her get over the fear of stage or performing live in front of audience. I wonder if she has any regrets. I hope she is not going to get rid of acting all together just to avoid difficult anti's. I don't think GHS would make decisions based on anti's? Do you? :mellow:

Guest lucy_marie

natali: thank you for the pix updates....she's looking good! I can only guess that those pix where she's looking up is she looking at the billboard/poster of her film?? coz I can see the fulfillment in her eyes....she's shining I just think that seeing her film there makes her really proud..... :):)

misa_yen: thank you for the updates on her film...she wants to be a long term director...though I want to see her in a drama again but I'm really happy for her knowing she's accomplishing her goals one by one....I wish that she'll continue to put her heart in everything she wants to do...it can be in directing, acting, music, arts and literature!....she's really amazing!! :D

mintcar: thank you for the article! :D:D:D

Sue: Hugsssss for the translations!! She's really someone to admire isn't she??? when you get to know her more you'll be affected with her passion and determination to pursue her dreams......she has her own mind and she really knows what she wants (I really envy her in this area!!) I wish her the best in everything she'll do (FIGHTING!!!).....she touches and inspire a lot of people specially her fans..... :D:D

Hi! mai,lxandra,memeo and betchay!!

WAVES TO ALL SUNNIES on board..........!!!!!!!

.....GIFs to share jandi-jihoo part 2 (for your collection....GIFs SPAM! total of 9 GIFs)

HQep4firstfightgif.gifHQep4ForeheadHeadKissgif.gifHQep5coinscenegif.gif

HQep5onthewaytocaledoniagif.gifHQep6firsthuggif.gifHQep6Sailinggif.gif

HQep62ndHuggif.gifHQep6firstrealkissgif-1.gifHQep6afterthekissgif.gif

Guest F4fan

I don't think GHS regrets that she took the acting route. It has helped her with her stage fright and opened more doors for her to fulfill her other goals like writing, being an artist, and directing. It has also increased her profile in these new careers and given her more leverage.

While I think GHS is conscious of antis, she does not make the important decisions about her career based on them. She might be cautious about being openly friendly with a co-star like KHJ but it won't stop her from being his friend and supporting his activities in private.

Guest pixie_eve

THANKS again Sus for the wonderful translations :) and thank you so much to all the Sunnies who contributed articles and Pics of hyesun muah muah muah :)

Euthanasia, Religion, etc. Your <Cheerful Caretaker> utilized heavy and difficult subjects. Didn’t you feel burdened by the fact that you are dealing with such heavy topics for your first film?

I felt a strong desire to tackle a very difficult issue for my first short project. At first, I thought of a story of a funeral parlor (smile). Confined space, abstinence, religion and nuns and using the extreme “sauce” (I do not know how to translate this) to describe and open up a story that the one who handles the human life is not the spirit or God but the humans themselves.

Ah Ah, So difficult! So metaphysical and philosophical. Is there anything about your film that you want your audience to pay attention to?

Actually I thought my film would be easiest to understand, however, among all the short films, mine seems to be the most difficult. (laugh) I hope that the audience pays attention to the nun who could be a human being and also may not be.

She certainly is DEEP. I always said that GHS is beautiful but now more than ever, i'm convinced that her mind is more beautiful :) The idea of doing a film to leave ur brand of philosophy to ur audience is a director's dream, and the interest that her work elicited from her audience is an indication that they are really trying to find answers in the depths of HS' work. I truly am so proud of her.

You have so many areas that you are so good at: actor, director and you are also showing so much ability in music, art and literature. And I am jealous that you are also known as a beauty in every respect and so friendly to everybody.

Yes, I am more known as an actress. However, I actually started in producing and directing. My major is in PD. As far as I know, many movie directors such as Park Chan Wook, Bong Joon Ho, Kim Ji Woon, etc. all are so much more deeply knowledgeable and scholarly in so many areas that I can not even compare. (laughter)

GHS is full of humility despite the compliments she received from the host. I fully agree wd the host - GHS is talent, brain and beauty personified, and i find it more adorable that she is downplaying her achievements. So humble despite her success :)

On top of that you are so polite. Do you have plans for your next project?

Because my first project is a short film, I utilized very heavy topics. Currently I am preparing for my next project which is a long-piece musical movie. I want to make a movie that the entire population would understand.

so she is set to do a movie-musical?? waaaaaaa :( that means we wont get to see her in a new drama though. I think its good that she is going to direct a movie, but pleassse GHS leave us a drama or a movie beofre u concentrate on ur directorial dreams keke...We so badly want to see u act again !!! and UR still young so it might be good if u make dramas or movies urself before working behind the scene. Ur talent as an actor still has more rooms to experiment on and grow more. So it might be a good move to do dramas first and then leap to directing after :)

Guest pixie_eve

hehe dramalover..thanks for bringing the link here ;) It's cool ryt? hehe and the song fits them to a T :lol: Minhoo is so adamant in making HS say he is HER most ideal BF among the f4 hahaha and hyesun while acting indifferent couldn't hide her enjoyment ;) ;)

Guest xiaomaii

wow...GHS majored in Directing???

woah...now I really want to see her **baby!!!**--(sorry that's the term when they made a short film)

GHS looked so nice on that black top, skinny jeans and high heels :P

she looked so radiant even without make-up!

I really envy her skin tone, she really looked like a crystal doll..keke

I really like seeing her with her manager but now he was taken.. :mellow:

Sue, thanks for the trans **big hug**

I just remembered how Hyesun was so fond of the actor turn director too in SSP (the guy with the specs)

that they even discuss for a while why she didn't ask for an advice from him (teasing) and she also chose him among all the other guys in that show.

Acting did help her a lot in some ways to release some of her tension

And as I said I can really see her passion in film making...

But before she pursue and decide to retire from acting

I want her to do first two movies, another drama, and become a frequent guest in some variety shows...keke

demanding much ne?

I'll just miss her.. :tears:

Anyway, I saw her cf the recent one where she's wearing white showed after a show in Mnet.

At least I could see her in advertisements... :rolleyes:

**waves** lucy_marie! nice gifs you had there... forget about the cap, but now where's the hat?? keke