What ethnicity do people mistake you for?

chronicrhythm

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StellarEffect

I am Korean, but I always get mistaken for being a "fob". International Koreans and Korean-Americans don't really hang together (or like each other) at my school, so it's a little awkward when this happens.  

Guest babyyheavennn

Chinese but people always tend to think I'm korean... Even though I hang out with fellow chinese people in my school -___- 

Guest GDZY.cookielove

i've been getting korean a lot, although my friends tell me I look like a typical chinese. like waiters at korean restuarants would ask if im korean o-o

Guest aldehydes

Apparently it's hard for people to tell my ethnicity..

I used to work at the theaters and my Vietnamese coworker thought I was Chinese for the longest time. Two Vietnamese customers told me they were debating on my ethnicity and thought I was Chinese as well. 

I was in Walmart with my sister and my mom one time and the cashier started talking to us in Tagalog for a while. It took her a few minutes to realize we weren't Filipino.

My boyfriend's friends thought I was mixed with Korean blood (probably because of my pale skin). Others think I'm Taiwanese because my boyfriend's Taiwanese.

This girl I was volunteering with said she thought I was part white because of my light skin and my brownish hair.

Some Korean guys at my current work place came up to me and asked if I was Korean. When I said no, they proceeded to ask if I was Japanese, Chinese, etc (they never ended up guessing correctly).

I'm Vietnamese.

aldehydes said: Apparently it's hard for people to tell my ethnicity..

I used to work at the theaters and my Vietnamese coworker thought I was Chinese for the longest time. Two Vietnamese customers told me they were debating on my ethnicity and thought I was Chinese as well. 

I was in Walmart with my sister and my mom one time and the cashier started talking to us in Tagalog for a while. It took her a few minutes to realize we weren't Filipino.

My boyfriend's friends thought I was mixed with Korean blood (probably because of my pale skin). Others think I'm Taiwanese because my boyfriend's Taiwanese.

This girl I was volunteering with said she thought I was part white because of my light skin and my brownish hair.

Some Korean guys at my current work place came up to me and asked if I was Korean. When I said no, they proceeded to ask if I was Japanese, Chinese, etc (they never ended up guessing correctly).

I'm Vietnamese.

Guest aliciaatethesandwich

This Dominican guy that I used to work with thought I was Dominican. The first day I met him, he told me that I looked just like his cousin and he asked me if I was Dominican.

A frequent customer at my job asked me if I was American because, according to him, I "look Asian" and I "have an accent". (That doesn't even make sense because there's a lot of Asian Americans). Other people think I'm half Asian because of my facial features.

I'm black and I have a thick southern accent........

green papaya said: aldehydes said: Apparently it's hard for people to tell my ethnicity..

I'm Vietnamese.

Guest Akio1430291760

People always mistake me for Mexican or Chinese some people are rude and say jackie chan im like wow thats the best you can come up with ...Like i said before it only matters what you think you are and your Pride in your culture no matter what others say no matter what last name you have or even how you look if your proud to be Chinese or Korean Or Vietnamese then thats what you rep in the end you are who you are and most of the time its Being Unique 

Guest *mkcee

Surprisingly, it doesn't happen all that often. Somehow most people I encounter get it bang on. But the odd person here and there trying to make a guess will think I'm Chinese. Or Philippino.

Guest Falloutatdisco

i'm half japanese, but i usually get mistaken as chinese or korean,
but i live in a white-dominated community.

Guest missosaka

Non-Asians usually think Chinese or Japanese.

Chinese people usually get Chinese right but I've gotten Japanese, Korean, and even Vietnamese before.

Alot of people i encounter even at work always have a hard time guessing my ethnicity.i've gotten Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and sometimes they asked me if i'm mixed.but none of them got it right since i'm 100% Filipino. lol maybe i always get mistaken for another enthnicity since i have a light skin and my hair usually died either light brown or blonde. =)

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

Koreans always ask me if I'm mixed with some Japanese, white, and Korean. I'm 100% Korean! MY OWN PEOPLE CAN'T TELL MAH RACE. >.>

Guest jjangsaur

I'm cambodian mixed in with chinese and vietnamese blood but alot of people think i'm laotian. It's probably because i'm very pale for a cambodian lol

:) .

Guest eunchannn

Im British

but get mistaken as French or half French .

I don't blame them mistaking me as half because my dad is dark and looks like a French person from the countryside ha ha ha.

For some reason I get "Are you half Korean?"

but I am a British rose (pale skin, blue eyes, blah blah blah)

How da fudge does that work out? xD

When we first move here in america, the sales lady at the furniture store thought that me and my parents were from HAWAII! lol
must be coz of my slightly tanned skin, and straight hair.

But now i got lighter, and wore the cat-eye liner thingy, some think i'm korean.

maybe 80% of people at first think i'm either hispanic, hawaiin, or korean.
but there are also 20% who at first glance, they know i'm filipino. :D

Archived