Ji Hyun Woo 지현우

tessieroo

Guest msbaldfish

I totally fell in love with ji hyun woo after watching him in ILPK. Just finished BOTR and I'm so so crazy over him now.. OMG, he is freaking hot and cute!! Cant seem to get enough of him..how I wish I can see in person..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilgzl

annyeong!!!

msbaldfish - Welcome to our handsomely tall JHW camp!! *hugs*

Join us here, bunch of grazy gals who can't get enough of him :lol:

Are you Korean? we are desperately need a Korean fans who can update us with more info about woori Golden-Ratio namja ^_^

Maybe you can join me and franchosa on our trip to Korea...? someday...??? :lol:

franchosa - *kiss* :P

Skinship with JHW:

franchosa.....so..are you with me?... :blush:

The singing stage:

I guess we need to find out where this place is...to put in our list of places to visit when we're in Korea next time :P

I've started watching BOTR last night....my gosh....my heart was jumping-thumping whenever he appear..especially the one on ep 14, where he suddenly appeared in Woon Suk's house....first was when ShinMi was confronting WS..at the moment SB appeared...he looked so manly..breathtakingly handsome!

Then later on, when he took SM to WS house and told him how SM's face is red and her heart is beating bcs of him...OMG!!

I wish it was me on SM's shoes :D

Okay..enough rambling..gotta continue with the next episode....eventhough this isn't giving me the OnDal virus..but I enjoy watching his new pumped body striding around...LOL

Guest franchosa

Ok, gals I'm back!!! :D I've been trying to get some news about our guy's visit to Japan for the past few days but it was pretty quiet in his dcinside site. I mean, I was expecting pictures of his airport arrival and the actual fan meeting venue but there were none posted.

pekkle, did you find any link to videos of JHW's arrival in Japan for his fanmeet? :lol:

Tonight I found links to articles where he's quoted to say that he wants to recharge and make a solo album. Here are the links:

(1) Jihyeonwoo "recharge and want to make a solo album"

(2) Jihyeonwoo "I want to recharge and the album"

Isn't this great news?! B) I look forward to his solo album! :D

I don't know if these pictures are recent and the ones taken in Japan on May 24, 2010, but these are the pictures I saw associated with those articles above:

pyh2010052404700000500p.jpg

20100524134223997.jpg

2009pic.jpg

pyh2010052404710000500p.jpg

I also found this link to a video where he was singing in a group very much like a Korean boy band. I don't remember this scene from Over The Rainbow. Maybe he was rehearsing? This video looks like it was taken from a fancam too. ;)

20060812 속초 오버랭직찍영상 Sok Lang jikjjik Over Video

msbaldfish, annyeong! Welcome to Ji Hyun Woo's soompi thread! I hope you drop by often and share whatever you find on our favorite namja. :)

lilgzl, JHW's model looks were so apparent in BOTR. No matter what, he stands out in the crowd. ;) Though I didn't have as much fun watching BOTR like I had watching ILPK, I sure enjoyed staring at and checking out woori namja in this drama. :P

On skinship with JHW

Huwaaah, the thought already drives me micheo (crazy)!!! Hahaha! What more if I get a real hug from him?! I may not let go. :lol:

Guest franchosa

If I'm understanding the comments at Ji Hyun Woo's dcinside site correctly, his Korean fans are saying that he will be in Japan for 28 days. Wow!

I'm excited that he plans to do a solo album but I hope he can squeeze in another drama this year; preferably a comedy again. :P

And lookie lilgzl, I found another video of Woo On Dal!!! This has to be my favorite collection of ILPK scenes since it has all Woo On Dal's parts. :D

Woo On Dal Scenes

This video is a collection of JHW's crying scenes from Over The Rainbow, Fly High, Me Ri Dae Gu, My Precious You, My Sweet Seoul, one of The Nuts' MVs, and Invincible Lee Pyung Kang.

Ji Hyun Woo's Crying Scenes

Here's a slide show of JHW's pictures from the press conference for Attack The Gas Station 2 movie.

ATGS2 Press Conference Pics

I think 3 years ago, he also had a fan meeting in Japan and this is the clip of the interview:

JHW Japan Interview

Another Japan Interview

2007: More Japan Interview

Ommo, lilgzl, one lucky Japanese fan actually got a piggyback ride from woori GR namja! That's what I'm hoping for! :lol: Puahahahaha! The hug, though short, will also do. :P

Mnet Japan: JHW's 2007 Fan Meet

010wa.jpg

011sj.jpg

012wh.jpg

014fv.jpg

018rv.jpg

019ah.jpg

12744587782010052201201.png

78331434.jpg

82593950.jpg

May 2009: This was the time JHW was spotted in the audience by the lead singer of the band on stage and invited him up. Then JHW did a cover of the Beatles' "Get Back" song. :)

20090503yb3.jpg

January 2009: This is what I felt like late last night looking for news on his Japan visit/fan meeting scheduled on May 23, 2010. :lol:

090106gif.gif

I haven't visited this thread in ages as it was rather.... should I say dead. Then last week I spotted it on the first page and just clicked. Looks like franchosa has single handedly resurrected it. :lol:

I'm generally a lurker (as can easily be told by looking at my post count, heh) in most of the treads I visit but I thought it would be nice to thank you gals for all the info and piccies. I've spent far too much time following all the links here. I'm thankful for the little tidbits about The Nuts (love their music!) as it's almost impossible to find anything about them, especially now that the band is on hiatus.

I also found this link to a video where he was singing in a group very much like a Korean boy band. I don't remember this scene from Over The Rainbow. Maybe he was rehearsing? This video looks like it was taken from a fancam too. ;)

20060812 속초 오버랭직찍영상 Sok Lang jikjjik Over Video

This is definitely from Over the Rainbow. It's 'Gangster' doing their 'music show' perf, the one where Hyeok-ju collapses in the end as he's ill. I've watched that scene enough of times to recognise it. What can I say, I like OtR. ;) Some lucky fan acting as an audience just caught it on vid.

Guest franchosa

*Woot!* Assa! I got some current pictures of woori namja in Japan. :D

Ok, this picture was supposedly taken before the actual fan meet. I like his shirt. Gosh, I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him on this picture. :blush:

52322thumb640x4272888.jpg

Maybe this was at the fan meet?

tamarin.jpg

And this could have been when he was leaving Japan? (judging from the date on the pic)...but then I thought he'd be in Japan for a while (like around 28 days or something)?

comback.jpg

I also found out some details of his fan meet. Seats were reserved at 10,000 yen (roughly US $110) each. The fan meet consisted of: "Talk time live another photo, mini meeting with handshake, commemorative photo collection (fee required)"

And from what I understood reading the Japanese sites (with Google translation, of course ;) ), our guy started off his fan meet in Japan singing "Yellow" by Coldplay. Before the fan meet, I think there was some sort of presscon and that's where he announced his intention to recharge and release a solo album.

I found a link to a video of his airport arrival in Japan at his cyworld but I couldn't access it. :( Anyway, the dcinside fans described the video clip as really short - about 13 seconds. I also searched his Japanese fan sites but there aren't any images of his current Japan visit or video clips yet. I'm not sure if those will be up later either. ;)

And then his official Japanese site requires registering which I don't know how to do since I can't read/understand Japanese. :wacko:

pekkle, how about on the Chinese front? Any news/pictures/vid clips of woori namja's Japan visit? :)

I haven't visited this thread in ages as it was rather.... should I say dead. Then last week I spotted it on the first page and just clicked. Looks like franchosa has single handedly resurrected it. :lol:

Annyeong! *waves* Welcome back to our handsomely tall guy's thread! :D I had to show my love for this adorable man, and posting here feeds my addiction to him. :lol:

I'm generally a lurker (as can easily be told by looking at my post count, heh) in most of the treads I visit but I thought it would be nice to thank you gals for all the info and piccies. I've spent far too much time following all the links here. I'm thankful for the little tidbits about The Nuts (love their music!) as it's almost impossible to find anything about them, especially now that the band is on hiatus.

You're quite welcome. As I've said before, it's my pleasure to post and share whatever I can find out about this favorite guy of mine. :D

Oh, so the band is on hiatus. I wasn't quite sure if the members had gone their separate ways or what because I think the last time I saw them together in the media was in 2008. Thanks for that information.

This is definitely from Over the Rainbow. It's 'Gangster' doing their 'music show' perf, the one where Hyeok-ju collapses in the end as he's ill. I've watched that scene enough of times to recognise it. What can I say, I like OtR. ;) Some lucky fan acting as an audience just caught it on vid.

Yeah, I realized that quickly after seeing some slide shows which jogged my memory. :D I only saw OTR once as I went and watched his series after series and the videos and links which pekkle provided in this thread. :lol:

Speaking of JHW's slide shows, here are some good ones I found from Daum TV. Just when I thought I've seen all his pictures, these slide shows surprised me with some pictures unfamiliar to me. :)

(1) JHW Picture Slide Show 1

I want that picture @ 1:22!

(2) JHW Picture Slide Show 2

On that picture of him with 2 other members of IOS (his first band) @ 1:13, the third boy doesn't look like the current singer of The Nuts. He isn't, right? Unless he's drastically changed when he became an adult? :blink: I recognize the other boy is the drummer of The Nuts.

(3) JHW Picture Slide Show 3

Gosh, I could stare at him all day long. :blush:

And here's today's pièce de résistance: JHW playing "Midnight Express" at The Nuts' first concert.

I automatically turn into a ball of squee watching him play this particular piece because it really showcases how well he plays the guitar. B) The needle on the HOT-O-METER reaches MAX whenever he plays this. He definitely scores more handsome points! *forever smitten*

And just when I was comfy being a ball of squee, he followed this act up with another song and ommona! I nearly lost my mind when he did those pelvic thrusts! Kyaaaaaaah!!!! I just couldn't stop looking at his pelvis after that! :blush: :lol::lol::lol:

The Nuts' First Concert; JHW Plays "Midnight Express"

He's such a rock star!

Guest franchosa

Here's that 13-second clip of JHW arriving at an airport in Japan for his fan meeting. I was finally able to play it. :D

JHW arrives at a Japanese airport

Wonder whom he was talking to on his cell phone. :)

I guess on this picture,

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3061/comback.jpg

he had just arrived in Japan and got in this van. I thought at first he was in a plane. ;)

Here's a game I found from dcinside. It's kind of like the ideal girl/guy world cup from that variety show (I forgot the name...is it Champagne?)

Ideal Guy Game

Guess who turned out to be my ideal guy? Like I needed to play this game to find out. Puahahahaha! :lol::lol: :lol: Enjoy!

Guest franchosa

Score! :P Here we go, I found the youtube clip of woori namja at his fan meet in Japan:

He's so cute! I could watch him wave all day long too. Hahaha! :P

You can tell he was so happy that his Japanese fans came out to meet him. :D I felt like I was there too and was one of the fans he was waving at and blowing kisses to. :lol: *kiss back at ya JHW! Muah!* His smile is so infectious. I was grinning from ear to ear just watching him. :D

Here's a bonus clip I found from the same uploader's collection. Apparently, JHW went to Japan last year as well.

Guest franchosa

^ Yay! pekkle to the rescue! :DKamsahamnida! Wow, the Chinese fans are fast! They have all the fan meeting photos up right away. Awesome! *Save!* *Save!* :lol:

f2f4ac776f858520b151b92.jpg

10f6a5ec766d67062797912.jpg

Ooooh, he looked so hot while singing!

1e44fddcc0958c9acc11662.jpg

0761337a86207cd62f73b32.jpg

105a92dd1bd09b0f5882dd2.jpg

e3a9f203ed1b96d709fa932.jpg

From those Nate links pekkle provided above, I found that clip that someone was talking about in another Ji Hyun Woo forum. :D

I think the host asked JHW to demonstrate how he passionately kissed his leading lady in the movie Fly High aka Saranghanikka Gwenchanha (It's OK Because I Love You).

August 2006: JHW on a KBS Show :P

Hahaha! I loved it when all the women screamed when JHW pulled Lee Hye Young (from Queen of Housewives) towards him as he motioned to kiss her. Of course, he didn't really kiss her but oh, it doesn't matter. Look how Lee Hye Young was so bowled over by the whole experience. :lol: Had I been one of the females on the show, I would have raised my hand to volunteer for this scene with Ji Hyun Woo. *ROTFL*

Annyeong! *waves back*

Over the Rainbow was my first JHW drama (it's still one of my favourites). This tall, cute guy caught my eye and I've sort of followed his carreer ever since.

Oh, so the band is on hiatus. I wasn't quite sure if the members had gone their separate ways or what because I think the last time I saw them together in the media was in 2008. Thanks for that information.

Yeah, the lead singer (Park Joon Shik) is currently doing his military service. He had to leave sort of suddenly early 2009. Their 5th album had just come out but because of this they could not really promote it. For some reason they did not promote the previous album either so there's not much to be found about The Nuts after 2007. More's the pity....

On that picture of him with 2 other members of IOS (his first band) @ 1:13, the third boy doesn't look like the current singer of The Nuts. He isn't, right? Unless he's drastically changed when he became an adult? :blink: I recognize the other boy is the drummer of The Nuts.

I don't think it's Park Joon Shik either, most likely the keyboardplayer. IOS, later The Nuts was a 5 member band to begin with.

Amazing what you can stumble upon while trawling the net. I came across this.... IOS playing as a school band in some drama (2003). My, how young they all look. :lol: There's quite a few clips on the site where I found that one. Not sure if you guys have already seen them, I'm still not through watching all myself.

Guest franchosa

Annyeong! *waves back*

Over the Rainbow was my first JHW drama (it's still one of my favourites). This tall, cute guy caught my eye and I've sort of followed his carreer ever since.

ILPK is where I first watched JHW although I had seen him in passing while I was channel surfing and OTR was being aired on TV. I already noticed he was cute but I didn't bother watching the drama because I thought it was one of those heavy melodramas and I only like romantic comedies. :D So after finishing ILPK, I went and looked for OTR to watch him there. :P

Yeah, the lead singer (Park Joon Shik) is currently doing his military service. He had to leave sort of suddenly early 2009. Their 5th album had just come out but because of this they could not really promote it. For some reason they did not promote the previous album either so there's not much to be found about The Nuts after 2007. More's the pity....

Wow! I'm learning a lot from you about The Nuts. Thanks. So, that's what happened. By chance, do you know or have heard when JHW is going to do military service?

I don't think it's Park Joon Shik either, most likely the keyboardplayer. IOS, later The Nuts was a 5 member band to begin with.

See, I learned that from The Nuts' thread here on soompi and I even asked over there why the band ended up with only 3 members in the end but that thread is even more dead than this thread and no one answered. ;)

Amazing what you can stumble upon while trawling the net. I came across this.... IOS playing as a school band in some drama (2003). My, how young they all look. :lol: There's quite a few clips on the site where I found that one. Not sure if you guys have already seen them, I'm still not through watching all myself.

OMG! Hahaha! I saw that clip before. I didn't even recognize JHW on the guitar or that he was the one sitting behind Park Joon Sik on the motorcycle! :lol: Yup, they all looked so young. I was wondering why a video clip of a young Lee Dong Wook and Soo Ae would be included in that collection of JHW videos. :lol: The video only showed JHW on the guitar for a few seconds. :lol:

===

Ok, gals, here are more picture slide shows of woori GR namja :P

At 2:18, I just love how he looked there. I miss you, Ji Hyun Woo!

Now and Forever I Will Be Your Fan

And my personal favorite simply because the MV creator used the theme song from my ever favorite J-dorama Pride :D :

I Was Born To Love You

*screams like she's on top of a mountain in Jeju* Yes, indeed! I was born to love you, Ji Hyun Woo!!! :P

JHW Picture Slide Show

Today's JHW Picture Spam

200811049.jpg

77361927.jpg17990466.jpg

12846784.jpg26183324.jpg

200906180214.jpg

Aww, so cute!

20080404193448386722.jpg

I think he's with the guy he DJs with at SBS here.

20081130194520255521.jpgnisi200811300000318619w.jpg

Do Notse (The Nuts) :D

pp08050600031.jpg

2jihyunwoo2.jpg

Ji PD

1914w.jpg

1915.jpg

Guest lilgzl

annyeong chinggus!! *hugs*

haven't been here for a few days..just realised how much i missed him ♥

franchosa - thank you so much!!! so many goodies of woori GR namja!! I spent almost almost all day yesterday trying to watch all the links...my stupid browser didn't always work at first time..so i had to close and re-open again....Errgghh!!

anyway.....

Sundowner - So happy to have you here again!!! and thank you so much for sharing...*hugs*

Me and franchosa both fell for him bcs of On Dal..and since then, we've been reborn again just to love him! LOL! -> from PRIDE ost ^_^

On the Japan Fan Meet

Do they have the actual event where we can watch it?

JHW arrives at a Japanese airport

I wonder who he's talking to?? I want to exchange phone number with him :blush:

He looked so tall..he didn't need to disguise himself with dark sunglasses...everyone could see him stood out of the crowd..ooohh my heart is melting..I wish I could get a glimpse of him even just for that 13 seconds!

August 2006: JHW on a KBS Show

Phuaaaahahahaha!! OMGshhhh!! It looked so real!! JHW, you totally got me...

Wow! I'm learning a lot from you about The Nuts. Thanks. So, that's what happened. By chance, do you know or have heard when JHW is going to do military service?

You are welcome. The Nuts is by far my favourite Korean group so it's always a pleasure to spread the word. As for JGW's military service. He is a pretty well known, working actor so I doub't he'll go before he really has to and that'll be some time before he turns 30.

lilgzl - Thanks for the warm welcome. Btw, are you still looking for The Nuts' albums....? PM me if you need some 'assistance', ;)

You know, the thing that always pops in mind when I see him on screen is "Darn, he's TALL! Look at those legs - they go on forever!" :lol:

Guest franchosa

Annyeong chingus! :D

Found this pic at JHW's dcinside site. It has a June 2010 date on it. I'm guessing JHW will be the cover story of this Japanese magazine's June issue?

re201006.jpg

Is it just me or he looks younger on the picture?

Here are a couple more pictures from JHW's fan meeting in Japan:

His K-fans were saying that when he had his Japan fan meet 3 years ago, he was also wearing a pink shirt with a white sport jacket over it. :D The K-fans also noted that Choi Suk Bong, his character in Birth Of The Rich had the same outfit below. :)

22b579d91b5e69d238012f6.jpg

d73797581047dbe59d82046.jpg

p080430002.jpg

Apparently, the film director (Director Kwak) who directed JHW in the movie Fly High (It's OK Because I Love You) committed suicide a couple of days ago. He was reportedly depressed for 10 years and left a note lamenting how he couldn't work (produce any work). I couldn't really understand the reports on JHW's reaction. I think the articles were saying that JHW was in disbelief. The English translation gave me a headache and I couldn't make sense out of it. :wacko:

annyeong chinggus!! *hugs*

haven't been here for a few days..just realised how much i missed him ♥

franchosa - thank you so much!!! so many goodies of woori GR namja!! I spent almost almost all day yesterday trying to watch all the links...my stupid browser didn't always work at first time..so i had to close and re-open again....Errgghh!!

anyway.....

My pleasure, chingu! :D

Me and franchosa both fell for him bcs of On Dal..and since then, we've been reborn again just to love him! LOL! -> from PRIDE ost ^_^

Hahaha! We got the On Dal virus and I don't want to get treated!!! :lol:

On the Japan Fan Meet

I only found that clip where he was on stage waving and blowing kisses to his fans. Did you see it? Here:

Watching that clip brings a smile to my face. :) And gosh, he was just waving and I was turning into a ball of squee again. :blush:

On JHW's arrival at Haneda airport

I think he might have been talking to his manager or family member on his cell phone when he arrived.

Hahaha! Imagine, if all his fans knew his cell phone number? His phone will never stop ringing/beeping. He'd have to change his number. :lol:

Don't you think it's more suspicious to see someone wearing sunglasses inside the airport? I mean, hardly anyone does that. B) So, if I see one, I'd suspect right away he's hiding his identity and he must be a celeb. :D Another dead giveaway is he's wearing a hat or cap to hide part of his face. :lol:

If I ever see JHW that up close at the airport or anywhere else, I'm afraid I won't be responsible for what I might do next! :blush: I'll plead temporary insanity!!! :lol: Yup, that's it! That would be my defense. LOL!

Young Ji Hyun Woo

capture00048.jpg

Adorable, ne? :D

8d4a8244b21f6c74500ffef.jpg

With members of I.O.S. band

Golly, he was already looking very handsome!!! The haircut suited him!

b703dfb4b79cb8498ad4b24.gif

f989f236482bec0b0b55a9f.jpg

fa9551e759a0b914b838204.gif

daccccea53a3a0e9d439c94.gif

I just think he looks hot here. :P

4bf960385bb9071996ddd84.gif

Picture Slide Shows

SBS Radio Show

Birthday

@ 3:00, was that a picture of him when he was little? He was a little chunky, eh? :lol: Cute! :D

Guest franchosa

You are welcome. The Nuts is by far my favourite Korean group so it's always a pleasure to spread the word. As for JGW's military service. He is a pretty well known, working actor so I doub't he'll go before he really has to and that'll be some time before he turns 30.

Huwaaaaah! That could be anytime soon. He's 27 now. Boo hoo hoo. *sobs*

I wish he did his military service before I knew him. :P I just had the pleasure of discovering him February of this year when I decided to watch ILPK. Yes, I've wasted so much time because I didn't watch Over The Rainbow when it came out!!! :wacko: I could have known about him earlier. :(

You know, the thing that always pops in mind when I see him on screen is "Darn, he's TALL! Look at those legs - they go on forever!" :lol:

Exactly! And the other actors who are considered tall don't seem to look so tall anymore after staring at Ji Hyun Woo. :lol:

Guest franchosa

I can't remember if I shared this already; with all the JHW videos I've been watching, my mind is all muddled. :P Since we're all fans of JHW here, anyway, I'm sure you won't mind watching his guitar solo again. ^_^

I'm not really a fan of Journey or anything but now I have a new appreciation for this song just because woori GR namja played it. ;) I love watching him play the guitar. His facial expressions show he really feels the music. *love*

The Nuts in The Musician 2004 Plays Journey's "Separate Ways"

It starts at 4:50.

Archived