UPDATED - Barbie Hsu returns with a photo shoot

sugarplum892

The actress is rumoured to be keeping mum about her pregnancy due to Chinese traditional beliefs
AC1AD7435AC37130AA13FBBF57558F.jpg
Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu is speculated to be pregnant with her first child after she was seen with a slightly protruding tummy at an event recently.

Ever since her marriage with Chinese entrepreneur Wang Xiaofei in November 2010, the couple had been trying to conceive a baby but without success. It was rumoured that Wang's mother had ordered the entrepreneur to divorce Barbie as she wants a grandson soon.

However, at an event in Shanghai earlier this month, the 35-year-old was spotted removing her heels and changing to flats right after the event ended. Assisted by her assistant up the stairs and taking extra care, the actress was seen with her tummy slightly protruding which led to rumours that she had successfully conceived a baby.

According to a tip-off, Barbie and Wang had kept the news under wraps due to a Chinese traditional belief that pregnancies should not be announced during the first trimester.

It is rumoured that Wang's family had been preparing tonics for the actress daily and had ordered her to cut down on wearing heels.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=12771c7b3e79a1736ad55e737a2d6b8f&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fasianfanatics.net%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F771665-is-barbie-hsu-pregnant%2F&v=1&libid=1339882254484&out=http%3A%2F%2Fentertainment.xin.msn.com%2Fen%2Fcelebrity%2Fbuzz%2Fasia%2Fstoryviewer.aspx%3Fcp-documentid%3D250251085&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fasianfanatics.net%2Fforum%2Fforum%2F68-asian-entertainment-news%2F&title=Is%20Barbie%20Hsu%20pregnant%3F%20-%20AsianFanatics%20Forum&txt=Source&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13398822915401

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.3; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Barbie Hsu wants to get pregnant3FBEDD62B18C44F27FE31E94A71B2E.jpg
After being married for over a year to Wang Xiaofei, 36-year-old Barbie Hsu has declared on her micro-blog that she wants to have her own bundle of joy.
Recent photographs spurred a flurry of speculation that Barbie is pregnant when husband Wang Xiaofei was spotted paying extra attention to her. The actress was seen wearing flats and slightly bigger tummy.
With her younger sister, Dee Hsu, already a mother of three girls, Barbie commented on her micro-blog that "I actually really really want to have a baby." She also changed her display icon to one of her cuddling Dee's youngest daughter.
With this post, all pregnancy rumours have been effectively been quashed.
Fellow entertainers and the public alike have sent words of encouragement. Ella Chen comforted her with her quirky words. "You will, and (he'll) be extra cute!" Netizens left comments such as "You definitely will; you'll surely become a blissful mother."
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=12771c7b3e79a1736ad55e737a2d6b8f&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fasianfanatics.net%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F771819-barbie-hsu-wants-to-get-pregnant%2F&v=1&libid=1340040620619&out=http%3A%2F%2Fentertainment.xin.msn.com%2Fen%2Fcelebrity%2Fbuzz%2Fasia%2Fstoryviewer.aspx%3Fcp-documentid%3D250279267&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fafspot.net%2Fnews%2F&title=Barbie%20Hsu%20wants%20to%20get%20pregnant%20-%20AsianFanatics%20Forum&txt=Source&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13400406493351

• 1 year later...

Da S, Pace Wu and More at Dinner Gathering; Plump Soon-To-Be-MomsJanuary 15, 2014, WednesdayTranslated by sugarplum892
U5911P28T3D4081556F326DT20140115104216.j

On January 15, Fan Wei Qi and many others gathered for dinner and took a picture together.
In the picture, there are two soon-to-be-mothers - Da S and Pace Wu.  One could tell from the picture above that Pace Wu and Da S have become more plump with rounder faces.  Even with the extra pounds on, it can be considered as "happy fat" (幸福地胖著) for the new mothers.  Since Da S was sitting near the front, her face was seen to be even fuller than the others in the photo.
Other than that, netizens have been curious about something.  They made comments such as "Why is it that Makiyo dolled herself up with so much make-up when the others came bare faced to the dinner gathering?"
U5911P28T3D4081556F329DT20140115104216.j

"Da S & her big belly"
Source

• 2 months later...

Barbie Hsu confirms she is expecting a baby girlThe pregnant Taiwanese star confirmed that she will give birth to a girl

It’s a girl, Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu announced on Weibo on Saturday. She had confirmed her pregnancylast December and is expected to give birth this May.

Although her husband Wang Xiaofei had ambiguously suggested earlier that she is pregnant with a boy, many netizens have long speculated that it’s a girl.

Barbie revealed her anxiety and nervousness as the expected date of birth draws near. She shared her feelings on Weibo: “The dexterous limbs and mind can’t be confined to my clumsy body any more. After the ‘goods’ are unloaded, I want to travel the world with my husband and daughter.”

While resting at home, Barbie has been learning how to bake, and has even imparted her skills to her sister, Dee’s, children.

This year, Barbie isn’t the only female celebrity who isexpecting a “Horse baby”. Pace Wu and Nono have both given birth, and next up is Barbie, followed by Patty Hou and Huang Xiaorou.

Apart from Patty, whose child’s gender is not yet revealed, the other stars are mostly expecting baby girls.

• 3 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-weight: 300; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Barbie Hsu gives birth to a girl

Posted Image

Posted Imagecourtesy of on.cc

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Imagecourtesy of mingpao.com
The 37 year old Taiwan star Big S (Barbie Hsu) two nights ago gav birth to a 6 pound 6 ounce baby girl in Taiepi. They nicknamed her "Long Legged Girl". Yesterday "Long Legged Girl" was finally unveiled. Big S two nights ago posted "I gave birth" online right away. After resting for a night, yesterday around 10AM she posted photos of the family online.

Source 

Not long after Mandopop singer Fish Leong gave birth to her son, Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu followed suit yesterday, and gave birth to a baby girl.

Her newborn daughter was born at 3.30pm and weighs 3kg. But in a deliberate attempt to be mysterious, she told her assistant to tell reporters that she had not been admitted to the hospital yet.

Friends and family members only knew about her birth through her Weibo post at 4.53pm, which was a photo of her baby’s footprints with the comment: “Gave birth to a little girl! She’s safe and sound, thank God!”

Her husband Wang Xiaofei had reportedly wanted a girl, and now that his wish is fulfilled, he was so happy that he declared to his family and friends that his daughter looks like an angel. He posted on Weibo: “It’s been difficult for my wife; she did a good job! Both my beloved wife and daughter are healthy and safe. Thank you everyone for your concern!”

Dee Hsu, who accompanied her sister to hospital, told reporters: “I’m very moved! My sister did well! I think I was more nervous waiting for her to give birth than I was during my own childbirth!”

Other celebrities also sent their blessings and congratulatory notes to Barbie. Pace Wu, who has also recently given birth, has expressed her desire to take care of her goddaughter, while the six-month-pregnant Aya said that the little girl “would be a beauty in future”.

Singer Christine Fan also announced that she would visit Barbie and her little girl soon.

Posted Image

Source

Guest Inconnu

Awwww, congrats to her! The baby is beautiful (and so chubby I might add!) And wow... 35 and she still looks 18, lol.

Wang Xiaofei rejects mother-in-law’s nickname for daughterWang Xiaofei openly expressed his distaste for his mother-in-law’s nickname for their baby daughter

Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu recently gave birth to her daughter via Caesarean section, and while she is still mulling over the perfect name for her daughter, her mother has already announced the nickname that she has picked for her granddaughter – “Ge Ge Ji Xiang (Luck and peace to the Princess)”.

Unexpectedly, Barbie’s restaurateur husband, Wang Xiaofei, rebuffed his mother-in-law’s name choice publicly, posting on Weibo: “Who decided on that name? Whose kid is “Ge Ge Ji Xiang”? I’m grateful for all the concern for my daughter, and will let everyone know once we decide on a name.”

Xiaofei even added insult to injury by recounting how his daughter burst into tears when he called her by the name “Ge Ge Ji Xiang”. He said frankly, “I don’t like (the name); a name is something that you’ll have to use for your whole life. We parents are still mulling over it.”

When Barbie’s mother found out about her son-in-law’s distaste for the nickname, she laughed: “It’s okay, the father’s in a good mood and played a joke on me, it’s all for fun!”

She explained that she chose “Ge Ge Ji Xiang” as a nickname because of her obsession with hit Chinese period drama Empresses in the Palace, and thought it would be a cute nickname.

Source

Barbie Hsu receives billion dollar endorsement deals after childbirthThe Taiwanese actress is now the hot favourite for brand endorsement

Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu does not need to worry about saving up for her baby girl as she has received over a billion dollar worth of endorsement offers since giving birth on Thursday.

Barbie's manager revealed that her existing endorsement deals with two skincare companies have been extended. On top of that, Barbie has received offers to be the brand ambassador of products like shampoo, body products, baby stroller and shoes. These offers total up to some NT$1.44 billion (S$5.96million).

Despite the high remuneration, 37-year-old Barbie has not agreed to accept the offers and will test the products before sealing the deals.

Netizens are also speculating on the nationality of her newborn. While many feel that the baby should be a Taiwanese like her mother, Chinese netizens think she should adopt Chinese citizenship like her father, businessman Wang Xiaofei.

Barbie is no hurry to decide on this matter. She said, "Everyone in the family is soaking up in the joyous atmosphere. We will wait for an appropriate time to discuss this with our elders before making a decision."

Source

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Barbie Hsu shows off sweet mother-daughter photosThe Taiwanese actress posts up pictures of her newborn baby

Posted Image

After Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu gave birth to her first child – a baby girl – two weeks ago, both mother and child have been cast in the media spotlight, so much so that Barbie even received billion dollar endorsement deals.
Yesterday, she posted photos of her and her daughter gazing into each other’s eyes on Weibo, a sweet scene that got netizens cooing over, and also revealed that she has named the little girl Wang Xiyue after discussing with her husband Wang Xiaofei.
The Chinese character ‘Yue’ is a type of pearl in the ancient times, and the name probably implies that the couple saw their little girl as a treasure.
The name also sounded close to Barbie’s Chinese name ‘Xu Xiyuan’, sparking animated discussion among netizens on how it is a combination of the couple’s names.
The blissful mother even had a ‘conversation’ with her daughter on Weibo. She posted: “Little Yue: Mummy I love you. Me: Little Yue Mummy loves you more.” This show of mother-daughter affection seems to be an advance celebration of her first mother’s day.
Her husband also recently posted photos of himself helping his daughter to burp on Weibo, and the happy father even revealed that doing that makes his day every day.
But his technique was corrected by some netizens, who commented that as a newborn baby’s neck and spine are still very soft, she needs to lean on an adult’s shoulder before burping. Some even called on the new father “not to torture his poor daughter anymore.”
Source

• 3 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Barbie Hsu throws baby shower for one-month-old daughterThe Taiwanese actress’ good friend posted photos from the party on Weibo

Posted Image

Barbie Hsu and Wang Xiaofei held a baby shower for their baby daughter Wang Xiyue in Taipei last weekend. Barbie’s sister, Dee Hsu and her husband Mike Hsu were also present that day.

Yesterday, Phoenix Television host Chen Yu Jia shared photos from the party on Weibo. She wrote: “Taiwan’s son-in-law and China’s daughter-in-law became a family because of love. We gathered at the foot of Taipei 101 to celebrate the little one turning one-month-old.”

“30 years ago, this would be unimaginable. We have left a small imprint in history,” she added.

In the photos, Barbie’s mother-in-law, Zhang Lan, beamed with happiness while carrying the baby girl. One of the pictures also showed Xiaofei looking lovingly at his daughter cradled in Barbie’s arms.

Although Barbie has not regained her pre-pregnancy figure, the new mother was glowing with bliss. Fans expressed their well wishes by commenting on the post, saying, “Little princess is so fortunate to have so many people who love her! Only a handsome dad and a beautiful mum can give birth to such an adorable baby.”

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source

• 5 months later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Barbie Hsu returns with a photo shootBarbie Hsu returns with a photo shoot

1 Nov – After a long hiatus due to the birth of her first baby, Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu recently announced her comeback.

As reported on Tencent Entertainment, on 30 October, the actress posted a beauty shot of her face being prepared for a photo shoot on Weibo and wrote, "It has finally started!"

The photo showed a slimmer-faced Barbie looking glamorous with heavy make-up and a silver accessory on her head. However, no details have been revealed about her next project.

Barbie, who has been on hiatus for six months since the birth of her daughter Wang Xiyue in April this year, previously had problems getting back into shape.

However, the recent photo shows that she may have finally succeeded in getting her old body back.

Source

Archived