[Drama 2012] May Queen 메이퀸

Guest Eja

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jonasluis

i think the assistant gave him fake papers. as for the grandpa... as much as i like the guy.. i hope he does pass on. it'll bring HJ and KS closer

Guest jaewon fan

jaewon fan said:

I got headache after watching episode 26 with english sub again... II Moon assistant is another idiot.. for sure the documents that he pass to II Moon is from Chang Hee ... 100% nothing goes right on that document even if he give it to Uncle Jung Woo... it's driving me crazy...  8-X

I think it was a smart move of the assistant to go over to CH's side. CH is the higher postion of power now. He jumped off the sinking ship and got on board with the one still floating.  He's covering is butt. Why keep following what IM saids and tells them to do, when everything IM touches or tries to do turns to mush. IM is on his way down all planned by CH. I wonder once DH is taken down what will the total body count be that he's responsible for killing.

IIMoon pass the documents to Jung Woo, i think CH also knows what's on II Moon mind. He give him the false documents to put him in trouble but that also means Jung Woo plans will be ruin. CH aim is to bring down JD H but he want the company intact so he is not going to make any move that will put the company in bad situation. I think he will expose II Moon to JDH and made him an outcast.

Guest orionofthewolf

I think I outdid myself on a random and horrible recap. I admit it, it's probably really, really, really bad. You can read it at your own risk. This show...this show...this show. The writers are on crack as there is no good consistency at all. WHY in god's name are they giving all the good parts to the bad guys? Is this supposed to make their fall more epic? It's annoying. Just. Plain. Annoying. The bad couple gets the date scenes, the kiss scenes and more screen time than the main lead couple. The bad guys don't get any real comeuppance at any time so far and this show really shows that crime pays as they ALWAYS manage to come out on top. Sure, there's some moments that show the good guys may be able to give it to the bad guys, but it's probably going to be horribly disappointing and a complete mess just like the rest of this show. Done whining, done griping. Want to be done watching and recapping, but I'll stick it out since we're over half way. I usually don't quit when the episode countdown begins, but I'm sorely tempted.

Episode 26 recap: http://wp.me/p2zihF-41H

orionofthewolf said: I think I outdid myself on a random and horrible recap. I admit it, it's probably really, really, really bad. You can read it at your own risk. This show...this show...this show. The writers are on crack as there is no good consistency at all. WHY in god's name are they giving all the good parts to the bad guys? Is this supposed to make their fall more epic? It's annoying. Just. Plain. Annoying. The bad couple gets the date scenes, the kiss scenes and more screen time than the main lead couple. The bad guys don't get any real comeuppance at any time so far and this show really shows that crime pays as they ALWAYS manage to come out on top. Sure, there's some moments that show the good guys may be able to give it to the bad guys, but it's probably going to be horribly disappointing and a complete mess just like the rest of this show. Done whining, done griping. Want to be done watching and recapping, but I'll stick it out since we're over half way. I usually don't quit when the episode countdown begins, but I'm sorely tempted.

Episode 26 recap: http://wp.me/p2zihF-41H
in

OMG, @awsparkle - you brought up ATK. *gasp*  =))
I agree 100% - the writer forgot who the story is about. Every time I see CH and IH on my screen, I wanna vomit and throw things. It's disgusting and they are not "cute" at all. BLERCH. And all the women in this drama are stupid. REALLY stupid. (except for Bong Hee) It's insulting. 
I'm still hanging in but haven't commented. I have more fun just reading the comments on this one. :D

Guest jaewon fan

tessieroo said: OMG, @awsparkle - you brought up ATK. *gasp*  =))
I agree 100% - the writer forgot who the story is about. Every time I see CH and IH on my screen, I wanna vomit and throw things. It's disgusting and they are not "cute" at all. BLERCH. And all the women in this drama are stupid. REALLY stupid. (except for Bong Hee) It's insulting. 
I'm still hanging in but haven't commented. I have more fun just reading the comments on this one. :D

well anyone knows how many ep left ? i think i am really hate the writer of this drama .. not sure what the ending / how this drama going to be ended.. i really hope nobody dies .. but now Kangsan grandfather become a victim .. and i am sure that someone else will die too .. but the question is, who is NEXT ??

kekekekeke... hehehehhehe... nothing but complain and yet we are so very the faithful.... hahahahahahahahahahaha.... I wonder what kept us glued to the drama? Is it the hope that someday Kang San shall get HJ? Or to see Chang Hee fall flat on his face? Or we want to see how far the idiocy goes? It had a great start.... a promised of a great drama.. I was immediately hooked (though with all the makjang element... the scar on the neck... baby not exactly switched but switched anyway - normally I would cringed away from this type of melo but not May Queen - that what I tot).... 
@tessieroo you are not giving this one up either huh? ....
I guess I am so faithful to Kim Jae Won..... he deserved better drama.... 
The thing that went wrong in this drama is 
Lack of chemistry between KS and HJ ..... they were too friendly and I can't picture the romantic feeling between the two of them. too much screen time IH and CH ...
danggg my brother is  here.. going out for lunch.. to be continue

Guest jaewon fan

awsparkle said: jaewon fan said: I got headache after watching episode 26 with english sub again... II Moon assistant is another idiot.. for sure the documents that he pass to II Moon is from Chang Hee ... 100% nothing goes right on that document even if he give it to Uncle Jung Woo... it's driving me crazy...  8-X

tessieroo said: OMG, @awsparkle - you brought up ATK. *gasp*  =))

Guest jaewon fan

@jaewon, I think the main focus has been on CH's downward path into the darkness and his revenge plot.  The only times there was any focus on HJ was when she was together with CH. KS's parts have been a bleep here and there. The second leads have had more face time then the OTP. We have 12 more eps left, hopefully this writer will put the focus back on to HJ's character and her climb to success and her opening her heart to love again.

@jaewon,.I've read those sites where everyone wants to put all the blame on the actress when in reality she can only work with what she has been given. The main issue I've seen was the adult HJ and the difference in the character change from the teen HJ. In all the sites I've been in except for this one, no one seems to have noticed that it's the way the writer has potrayed the women in this drama.  He builded this drama around a male dominated industry where one woman is trying to break though, but he makes her weak, naive, clueless, and oblivious. The same way he has portrayed the other women.

Orionofthewold mentioned in her recap the change in HJ character. I noticed it too. She suddenly has all this confidence and backbone.  First making the deal with DH. Then when shes training the other company employees. I did enjoy how she put CH in his place. Hopefully this HJ will continue in the up coming eps.

Guest jaewon fan

awsparkle said:

@jaewon,.I've read those sites where everyone wants to put all the blame on the actress when in reality she can only work with what she has been given. The main issue I've seen was the adult HJ and the difference in the character change from the teen HJ. In all the sites I've been in except for this one, no one seems to have noticed that it's the way the writer has potrayed the women in this drama.  He builded this drama around a male dominated industry where one woman is trying to break though, but he makes her weak, naive, clueless, and oblivious. The same way he has portrayed the other women.

Orionofthewold mentioned in her recap the change in HJ character. I noticed it too. She suddenly has all this confidence and backbone.  First making the deal with DH. Then when shes training the other company employees. I did enjoy how she put CH in his place. Hopefully this HJ will continue in the up coming eps.

Guest orionofthewolf

I won't give up, I'm just frustrated. This is a train wreck that you can't look away from even though you know it's coming. I wish the writers had been more consistent in character development. It's not 100% the actors fault, although, HJH not being able to display enough depth to her emotions probably is her fault, but I haven't seen her in anything besides this so can't make that judgement, since they must work with whatever they are given and if the writers are developing schizo characters, what can our actors really do?

I am happy with the change in Hae Joo and how she gave it to Il Moon and Chang Hee, but at the same time, I just can't find it believable at all. The child Hae Joo who wouldn't have allowed herself to be treated thusly disappared at episode 9 and this weak, wishy washy self-loathing Hae Joo has been with us for 16 episodes. What caused her to change back so suddenly? Well, here's hoping she doesn't go back to being a complete doormat and will stand her ground. Yep, yep.

And I really wish I could fastforward all the Chang Hee/In Hwa scenes, but I don't just so I can recap everything whether I like the developments or not. Aigoo. Harabeoji. WHY did he go to Jang first? But, I suppose, his anger got the better of him. I don't want him to die even if his deaths mean bringing our leads together finally.

And...totally forgot what I was going to say :P Oh well. Off to work I needs must go. This week is the week before US Thanksgiving and I have family coming over early in the week, so that might mean longer delays with upcoming episodes.

@orionofthewolf, Since the writer seems to be stuck on the romance of IH and CH, so there is sure to be an upcoming wedding scene that you'll have to recap. If it were me I would be gagging and gritting my teeth through the whole thing. This couple just annoys me.  

Since producers can follow ratings in real time, the explanation for all the Chang Hee/In Hwa development could be that the Korean audience responds better to this couple. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Guest mystisith

I have another explanation for the diminished screen time: Already 26 eps in and 12 more to go. As we know, live shooting is exhausting. Plus the injury on KJW's shoulder has never been cured entirely since he refused the operation. Maybe the writer wants to allow him some rest so he can be in perfect condition for the last episodes. That would also explain why the secondary characters have more scenes recently. 

Archived