Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

Guest AnniAneasthetic

I hate the new layout...

the only reason i ever went on SOOMPI, and not ALLKPOP was because of the neat layout they had BEFORE.

now it's like no difference 8l

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iSimplicityy

Uhm... it seems like all the closed threads have been reopened... I was browsing the Selling & Trading section and it seems that I can leave a reply to any topic at the moment. Even all the old shops that are supposed to closed seem to be open again.

Is it because of the forum change? Will you be addressing the thread and forum markers soon?

Guest pure.sophiestication

I'm confused with the new set up of the soompi. How can I like an article/post like before?

hover over the post you want to like with your cursor/mouse and a grey bar should appear at the bottom of the post. you can choose to flag it (for spam or something) or like it with 'promote' or mark it as insightful, awesome or LOL.

Hope this helps!

Guest cinni2010

i like this new look too; it's easier to look and find things, but for some reasons, i cannot read the fanfic stories that the soompi people posted like i used to.

Guest sherman

@annianeasthetic sorry you feel that way. can you give us some more specific feedback about what you liked about our previous layout? we'd like to hear your input to improve the site!

Guest sherman

@inxomnia thanks for the feedback, can you let us know more about what you find difficult about the navigation?

Guest h2og

I have been lending a hand in doing some beta testing for Soompi. As a result, some of my posts were flagged as spam because I was using all the new features to see what's happening! There should be some tight regulation on using the flag. In this case, I believe the flag has very limited category & should be evaluated by an impartial party. A pending status should be in place instead. Because misuse & abuse may occur in this instance. This is a feedback to vanilla system as well. Thank Q.

Guest h2og

In Signature setting, some of the features are missing too. I can't paste images. As for the PM system, there is no button to delete the messages at this point.

Guest ayunushka05

no doubt, this site look more grate than before. but, the problem is, the time for site loading is become longer.it also difficult to understand. honestly, i want the old soompi look =_="

I don't know if this is the place to ask but, I have a fanfic on the fanfix section...

When I visited the first page where I update the index of chapters with links, the last few updates I had done months ago were

gone. What I'm trying to say is that the links I had posted on the first page where gone, and some of the BBC codes I had created are messed up so it looks all wrong.

This is critical for me because if the first page of a fanfic looks unattractive to potential readers, they will not even try reading my story. I would like to go back and edit that post, but I don't know how to do so because there isn't an edit button yet?

Anyways I hope this gets fixed asap. =)

I was trying to help out with beta testing for Soompi, but the feedback post I tried to make wouldn't save properly for some reason so it was never posted. Here's what I had, old and new:

Bug: w/Google Chrome (latest edition) on Mac OSX

'Leave a Post' is really small by default so to make it bigger you have to drag it down. But when you drag it down, sometimes the posting area springs right back to the last line you have typed. The corner you can drag to change the size disappears at times as well (possibly when you change the size of everything) and sometimes text does not wrap properly within the window. Right now the left and right ends of my post is cut off from view.

PM/Inbox has become extremely difficult to navigate.

- Each exchange of PMs looks like a reply to a Soompi thread. The set up takes up too much space and makes it difficult to skim.

- There are no lines/borders to make it easy to distinguish one reply from the next.

- There are no lines/borders/indentations to differentiate new responses from quoted text coming from previous messages (like in emails where the email you're replying to shows up at the bottom of your reply).

- The ideal format for the inbox would be a simple one/two line list consisting of 'subject', 'sender', 'time,' and maybe a few words for the 'preview' (like the old site's).

- Some conversations show up as 'Just you!' when I have it opened and when I look at it from the inbox, it just says 'You' in the participants section. I haven't been talking to myself, so yeah.

- When I click on 'Next' in my inbox, the next page's navigational links aren't the right color:

g9k3x.png

There are no links to child categories except on the soompi.com/forums page.

- Maybe there are supposed to be links to it when you're in each parent forum, but I couldn't find any. There's no way to access the Completed Fanfix subforum, for instance, unless I go from the main forum page.

There are no filters to make it easy to find threads you posted in or to sort them by views/replies/title.

Search isn't working.

When I click on 'BEST OF...', this is what I see:

six7r.png

Color layout is way too light/similar, a deeper hue/borders would seriously help define one post/section from another. It even gets hard to tell if you're looking at a post or someone's signature!

No more FOS hearts?! :[[[

Member statistics that were at the left of each post in the past was very useful in cueing you in on spammers/bots quickly. It was a lot neater that way than it is now with just the user name and user pic on top too.

It would be more beneficial to show the actual Threads, Views, and Replies count than #.#K. You're forgoing accurate details just to save one character right now and it makes it more difficult to skim and find what you're looking for.

Sorry, I know this was really long and hopefully I'm posting it in the right place.

Guest Celestra

Is my email able to be viewed publicly on my profile? I can't find the option to disable that feature, so I just put in a fake email for now lol.

Guest d.zire

I'm not liking this new set up too, though it gives me the advantage of navigating easily to other topics...

Still, my fanfic format looked so wrong too.. The BBC codes are all messed up and the signature settings are so confusing...

It looked more complicated, but anyway, I hope it'll all be fixed up sooner T.T

Guest luv_panda

Overall I really like the style, nice and modern.

Although its in beta mode I suppose there will still be alot of tweaking and changes. With tons of feedback from everyone.

Here are some of the things I think could work better.

1. For really long posts having the option of typing out which page you want to go to directly instead of clicking page etc which is shown on the bottom and top part of the threads. I really liked that past function.

2. Having the recent popular or your follow threads on the main forum page so you could do directly in it.

3. I've found the posts per page isn't alot and having the option to choose show 10 vs 20 vs 30 posts per page would be great

Archived