Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be quite honest, I don't really care for my nationality. It doesn't define who you are.

It may not define you, but it certainly is part of what makes you.

Guest Torento <3

It may not define you, but it certainly is part of what makes you.

Yes, but if you work hard enough, your national identity/heritage becomes less important when others judge you, right?

Guest charcoalfilter1101

Mind yourself men. If your friends are Wasians, then let them do it as long as they don't something wrong to you and to others.

After all, just do your thing and mind yourself.

Lol. Sorry, but Magibon is Japanese. She just has a bad lisp. Must be the teeth.

Magibon is NOT Japanese. There are articles about the real her, but the quickest way to know more about her is to find her through Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Anyway, I know someone who tries really hard to be Asian. She loves Japanese stuff, but she loves to dress up like a little kid and such T.T

Just imagine an non-Asian walking around campus who dresses up like those Japanese girls who are all about accessories, skirts and all. It is a bit strange.

Guest Torento <3

Just imagine an non-Asian walking around campus who dresses up like those Japanese girls who are all about accessories, skirts and all. It is a bit strange.

You know what the funny thing is?

Japanese girls say the exact same thing with non-Japanese girls do the same thing. As many styles of fashion in Asia originate from Japan :D

Funny how things work out, isn't it?

Guest supasheep

i guess jz picking up other cultures style is ok....like fashion, their movies, music....hair fashion and all is ok... but if someone does all that 'kawaii, baka' watever mini cooper stuff (ive seen some caucasian guys do that...i was like o.O wtf....u know u guys sound so dumb??) its jz crossing the weird border...loL

Guest strawberryme

Well, most of my friends told me I'm too korean-ish but heck, I'm an asian too.

About WASIAN, I knew one, MAGIBON on youtube. She was popular because she claims (?) and speaks japanese like no one could tell if she's half or something. But she's not.

Guest star@soompi.com

I'm Asian & let Wasians be Wasians XD

It's their fault if they don't know where they come from & it's peoples personal preferences so ...yea.

And if they do something offending to you, then that's personal also.

Guest stickycarnival

Lol. Sorry, but Magibon is Japanese. She just has a bad lisp. Must be the teeth.

I hate it when white people who go by stupid Japanese names like "RyuTokohomo" or crap like that. Like they know Japanese.

"It's Japanese for WarriorDragon!!! I swear it!"

what about asian people going around with so called "english" names like tiger, treasure, candy?? like they know english...

tiger its an animal i swear,,,,

Guest selvaspeedy

I didn't know what the word Wasians/Wannabe means before, and I was so embarrassed to ask because everybody seemed to know it :sweatingbullets:

and now I do.

^I only have asian music on my playlist. My favourites are only asian celebrities and groups. And people.

But of course, I'm proud of who I am, and I will not forget my own

ditto... I'm proud of who I'm... and at the same time I like the asian culture, music, dramas and so on.

I don't really know what's the big deal in here :blink:

Guest rlagksquf

You know what the funny thing is?

Japanese girls say the exact same thing with non-Japanese girls do the same thing. As many styles of fashion in Asia originate from Japan :D

Funny how things work out, isn't it?

do you really think Japanese people CREATED their own fashion? LOL

I actually dealt with drama over this sort of thing before. I'm a caucasian who's interested in Asian cultures, languages, music and the like but I am as American as apple pie. Funny thing is I was taking Japanese class 3 years or so back and I had these LJ friends who were calling me a Wapanese. Even though I never claimed to be 100 percent fluent in Japanese, AND I had a LOT more ability in Japanese than they did. I think they were jealous more than thinking I'm Wasian or whatever. And from then on I was afraid to share my interests cause I would be "Wasian." <_<

Funny thing is, one of these friends wrote a really scathing Livejournal post about me and my music tastes, yet soon after our Livejournal friendship dissolved, I noticed all the J-Pop artists I was into at the time, she was suddenly into even though she ranted that she HATED my tastes, didn't care about them and was apparently annoyed by me sending her those mp3s. She was freakishly obsessed with Nightmare, yet put me down for gushing about the J-guys *I* liked. Pretty funny when I look back on it. And, when I got into DBSK, I looked at her LJ interests and I notice SHE is suddenly into DBSK too. Talk about riding coattails. <_< I find it funny she's now emulating my tastes that she made fun of me over and she still doesn't know a word of Japanese other than hai and kawaii. Just thought I'd share my experience with being painted as Wapanese by people who were REALLY Wapanese. :lol:

I feel lyk these "wasians" aren't so proud of their own culture that is the reason why they want to be another, well nowadays ASIAN CULTURE is in EVERYBODIE'S eyes lol

I have a best friend but she's not really considered a friend no more..she's OBSESSED with ASIANS, Japanese in particular [she's Mexican btw] currently she has a Myspace and is POSING as some famous Japanese actor, and claiming to be Chinese =_= She made soo many friends and I hate seeing all her friends loving her as a FAKE it irritates me so much, and the more I try to get her to stop it, the more her friends and her think I'm jealous WTH?? *sigh*

Guest Torento <3

do you really think Japanese people CREATED their own fashion? LOL

The majority of the pop fashion in Asia originates from Japan.

I think that the Japanese created JAPANESE fashion, as you just said. Who else would create JAPANESE fashion? Perhaps you meant something else? Like the wording is puzzling. The majority of the crazy stuff in Asia comes from Japan, and the things that are deemed as appropriate in other Asian nations tends to be spread into the youthful mainstream fashion. For example, many fashion magazines from Japan are translated directly into Mandarin in Taiwan.

The knee-high black socks was first popular in Japan, the majority of 'Asian' hairstyles was first popular in Japan (except for many 'Korean' styles), types of high heels etc etc. I'm not saying Japan is any better, just saying the truth. I'm sure some fashion styles came from China and are now popular in Japan, well, maybe... :D

but I am as American as apple pie.

Even though they didn't originate from America? :D

She made soo many friends and I hate seeing all her friends loving her as a FAKE it irritates me so much, and the more I try to get her to stop it, the more her friends and her think I'm jealous WTH?? *sigh*

They think you're jealous for her being loved for something she's NOT? That's pretty whack. :blink:

Even though they didn't originate from America? :D

XD Wow I didn't think of that. :P It's an expression mainly. ;)

Archived