Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest strawberry_yum

Umm.. anime characters dont look asian to me at all, they look like caucasian people with the big eyes, blonde crazy hair and body. Besides, its none of your business if someone "wants" to be asian.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idks like one of my friend is like learning to speak japanese even if he isnt asian

i dont find it annoying

but i think he should stick with his own culture

ps i've been said to stop acting japanese by one person

but i dont think i'm that japanese just cuz my hairstyle ( i have bangs and a bit of orangish blonde hair)

i'm chinese btw

What's wrong with him learning to speak Japanese? :blink:

That's like me learning to speak English and someone telling me to stick to my own culture.

idks like one of my friend is like learning to speak japanese even if he isnt asian

i dont find it annoying

but i dont think i'm that japanese just cuz my hairstyle ( i have bangs and a bit of orangish blonde hair)

i'm chinese btw

This post is so ignorant. Wow.

I studied Japanese, and even went to High School in Japan for one year to study there. Not because I think I'm Japanese, nor do I want to be. It's called broadening your horizons and not just living within some preconceived notion of "nationality" or "culture", there's more to the world than that.

Guest Miss Vivienne

I wonder why this thread was never closed. People are just posting stupid and ignorant comments without even putting a second thought into what they're saying at all. It's stupid. If you want Americans or the media to accept Asians more, why don't you first accept them?

Sheesh.

Guest yumidoma

i dont find it annoying

i'm chinese btw

:o:blink:

Just because, someone prefers Asian music over their own...

or wants to learn abt Asian culture...and history

and lately, even prefer Asian fashion....

doesn't make them wanna be Asian.. <_<

there is absolutely nothing wrong, learning about other cultures.. The world needs to be more aware of the Culture and community they live are around.. this way one will be able to understand and respect, an individual's way of living..

Ppl tell me I am wanna be Korean... (btw I am Asian, Nepalese)

and I'm like so wat... if i m wanna be korean or japanese or Asian...

If I choose to learn and explore new culture... why do you have to take the headache...?? none of ur business..

*closed minded ppl* :crazy:

OMGSH you know who annoys me? That girl name "Magibon" from youtube. She' caucasian, who is a japanese-wannabe! In real life she can't even speak japanese! I can't believe she gets a lot of views just for making 20 sec vids & saying only 1 sentence in Japanese. weird...

Lol. Sorry, but Magibon is Japanese. She just has a bad lisp. Must be the teeth.

I hate it when white people who go by stupid Japanese names like "RyuTokohomo" or crap like that. Like they know Japanese.

"It's Japanese for WarriorDragon!!! I swear it!"

Guest GreenTeaLeaves

....if this was a thread about Asians wanting to be any other race, this would have been closed 78 pages ago. -_-

To many people in this thread: Get off your high horse. Not everyone who is interested in Asian culture wants to throw away their heritage and become Asian. There are those out there, yes, but have an opened mind....not every Asian who dyes their hair, or wears circle lenses, or listens to English language music wants to be white. Much the same thing, yeah?

My $0.02.

Please, someone close this thread, because this dead horse has been rotting in the road of Soompi for far too long.

*slinks away* I'm gonna be e-lynched for this post. :ph34r:

Guest teukiechul

I'm more stunned by the fact that she gets many views from just staring at the freakin' camera for even more than a minute. >>;; I kinda like the videos that make a little fun of her. ^^;

i love the video where shimmycocopuffs take the mick out of her ^^

ahah, he's adorable!

Guest melOng-xP

i just find it quite amusing and pathetic that

people would reject their own culture when

they have their own. there is this one girl at

my school that i find quite... frustrating to

talk to. she claims shes 3/4 korean, and yet

i can not see any resemblance of any asian

background in her. when she first came to

our school, she told me she was indian.....

before she met big bang that is. ever since

she was introduced to their music, she fell

in love with them (which i was happy about,

since big bang was becoming more popular)

but now she claims kwon jiyong is her husband

(which isn't so bad i guess) and says she

deserves him better because she is more

korean... funny thing is, IM 100% KOREAN.

Guest Kawakji

....if this was a thread about Asians wanting to be any other race, this would have been closed 78 pages ago. -_-

To many people in this thread: Get off your high horse. Not everyone who is interested in Asian culture wants to throw away their heritage and become Asian. There are those out there, yes, but have an opened mind....not every Asian who dyes their hair, or wears circle lenses, or listens to English language music wants to be white. Much the same thing, yeah?

My $0.02.

Please, someone close this thread, because this dead horse has been rotting in the road of Soompi for far too long.

*slinks away* I'm gonna be e-lynched for this post. :ph34r:

I think everyone gets your point, but... I get the feeling this thread is gauged more towards the people who go overboard with it. >_>

Particularly annoying. I haven't met any wasians (maybe one... not quite sure though. He is obsessed with Jrock and Japanese, but not sure if he is to the point of wapanese or wasian *yet*)

Like, nothing wrong with learning the language but,

Please. Don't say. "Oh, that is soo kawaii!"

If you want to put Japanese/Korean/Chinese in your speech, please say it in a whole sentence.

Guest Torento <3

I don't think they are 'wannabee' Asians, just anime/manga obsessed fanboys mainly.

Anyways, almost all of my friends are Japanese, but I practically hate all music that comes from there and I have no interest in anime nor manga.

Who cares anyways? Let the kids have their fun, they aren't causing any problems. Whites, blacks, Asians, I don't care, as long as everyone plays safely :)

But yes, I like the double-standards that seem to be quite evident and accepted here. I suppose I should go and post a thread about Asians trying to be white and black to prove my point?

^I only have asian music on my playlist. My favourites are only asian celebrities and groups. And people.

But of course, I'm proud of who I am, and I will not forget my own :lol:

I don't think that's the best argument ever for those that think like me >_>

Yeah I´m like this too ... O.o

I almost only like asian music and only I only have interest in the asian music/acting industry ~ But I´m west asian myself. But I´m still proud of where I come from - I like being a Kurd ^o^ ~

^So I agree on this. But I also agree on the fact that some people can get pretty annoying sometimes... :sweatingbullets: - I think that whatever race you are - be it asian, caucasion or african american....you would still think it pretty annoying when someone tries to become like you...but that´s just my opinion :)

Anywuz I have a question for you...when you say "non-asian" do West/north/etc. asia fall under the category too? Or do you mean caucasian? Sorry ~ I´m just curious....nothing to do with myself though lolz :lol:

But then again, only listening to Asian music isn't broadening your horizons at all. It's exactly the same as just listening to chart music or whatever.

Guest FooFooRuk

I don't think they are 'wannabee' Asians, just anime/manga obsessed fanboys mainly.

Anyways, almost all of my friends are Japanese, but I practically hate all music that comes from there and I have no interest in anime nor manga.

Who cares anyways? Let the kids have their fun, they aren't causing any problems. Whites, blacks, Asians, I don't care, as long as everyone plays safely :)

But yes, I like the double-standards that seem to be quite evident and accepted here. I suppose I should go and post a thread about Asians trying to be white and black to prove my point?

agree with you about the double standards : ) i bet that soompi is full of the same people. -_-

seriously ... i hardly see much of other groups complain when "US ASIANS" act like their "race" as much as asians complain about "wasians" . we're all humans, we have the freedom to be whatever we want as long as we're not harming anyone, alot of asians don't like the culture we are born into soooo why can't others choose their cultures? we are free to reject ours. race really has no significance or exist......WHO CARES!!!

Guest airyoomph*

depends on the situation.

i have a friend who tries to know all about the asian entertainment and only hangs out with asians.

its bugs me sometimes because he tries so hard yet all the asians are annoyed by him.

then he tries to be mexican too, wtf? dont try too hard. just be yourself.

i have a couple friends that are starting to get into that wannabe phase, and one of em is gettin kinda annoying about it by trying to sound cute by turning his L's into R's... as for me, ive always been i guess a fan of the asian culture (im half white and half mexican). it is quite annoying when i come across people that are desperately trying to be/look asian. like others have stated before, people should just be themselves =/

Guest cosmicbeat.

I have a couple of friends that are Wasians.

Sometimes they make me want to punch them in the face because it gets so annoying.

But meh , gotta live with it. They're pretty nice friends.

Guest Torento <3

agree with you about the double standards : ) i bet that soompi is full of the same people. -_-

seriously ... i hardly see much of other groups complain when "US ASIANS" act like their "race" as much as asians complain about "wasians" . we're all humans, we have the freedom to be whatever we want as long as we're not harming anyone, alot of asians don't like the culture we are born into soooo why can't others choose their cultures? we are free to reject ours. race really has no significance or exist......WHO CARES!!!

If this thread continues, I will carry it out and see what happens.

It's only fair, right?

Guest standing ovation

I really don't care. It's other people's tastes and what other people want to be. I just can't stand people being fake, like claiming to be a part of a different nationality.

Archived