Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

my friends call me a wannabe korea -___-

i like being chinese.

i just want to learn the language.. so i can communicate w/ shinhwa!! LMFAO.

but yeah i love korean entertainment and the culture.

and i find it cool when other races are into differetn cultures =DD

oh but.. i dont think i realli know any wasians

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ahren

hmmmm...... i think it's kinda flattering... let them be.... d'you guys mean that if i kept saying those "western slangs" then im a wannabe "white" then.....c'mon, all of us here are like that. and besides, who doesn't go gaga over those western stars (hey, this is for those who's saying things like - Gawd, i find it annoying that blah blah's sooo obsessed with -insert asian celeb-) Anyways...dun know any wasians since I'm asian and all my friends are.....

Guest ADORE.you

what bugs me the most is when suddenly outta nowhere someone goes ohh and i'm korean .. and on their folders and stuff they write random korean characters .. its such a bug ! .. i mean seriously lying isn't going to get you anywhere

Guest flipdragn

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Wapanese

lol there they have a description and many of the symptoms of being wapanese. the pic of that kid holding the pocky in that article makes me wanna punch him. he looks exactly like the type of person that is a complete japanophile.

But lemme ask yall sumfin, do you all think Jin the Emcee is a wanksta?

hell no. a wanksta wouldn't even be able get past the first round of freestyle friday or get recognized by the ruff ryders.

Tell me about it, it's funny bcos i'm fine with appreciating and loving other cultures like learning their language and all but saying that they're an asian while they're not are just too overboard. I love k/japanese stuff but i never forget my own culture or wanting to be a korean or japanese.

Guest Juli~<3

most of them are just anime fanatics though..

i dont mind so much because its nice to finally have someone to talk to about asian stuff

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Wapanese

lol there they have a description and many of the symptoms of being wapanese. the pic of that kid holding the pocky in that article makes me wanna punch him. he looks exactly like the type of person that is a complete japanophile.

hell no. a wanksta wouldn't even be able get past the first round of freestyle friday or get recognized by the ruff ryders.

Okay, so how come people who like anime and asian stuff are automatically called "Wasian" but if an asian is into black culture they are not called "wankstas" or "Wanna be black"??

Guest Juli~<3

most of them are just anime fanatics though..

i dont mind so much because its nice to finally have someone to talk to about asian stuff

Guest Tetra

if an asian is into black culture they are not called "wankstas" or "Wanna be black"??

I think they are.

what bugs me the most is when suddenly outta nowhere someone goes ohh and i'm korean .. and on their folders and stuff they write random korean characters .. its such a bug ! .. i mean seriously lying isn't going to get you anywhere

Lying and dishonesty gets me on the good side of authority, a job, and bonuses from school :mellow:

I wouldn't call it lying...it's more like...filtering-the-truth.

Guest dream_weaver

hmm im not asian but im really into the culture. i love my own (jamaican) culture but i find asian culture as a whole fascinating and im never bored when learning things to do with asian culture or listening to asian music. lol i remember last night my cousins were listening to sum jR&B on my fone and didnt even notice it wasnt english, when they did they were like 'its sounds better than english r&b!' i think ive got some new fans of asian music!

P.S one thing i hate is the ones who are into anime and only anime. and all the songs they know are the theme tunes from the shows. they act like they are so into asian culture but its only one aspect of it. argggggh it pisses me off so much cos i got so many of them where i live.

Guest evercute

oh, and asians who try to be a different asian ethnicity. ie, my chinese friend that listens to kpop and drools over female kpop stars. he tries sooo hard to learn korean and uses it on me.

its irritating, but whatever. like someone said, let them have their own interests.

Eh, that's kinda me. LOL. I wouldn't say that it's trying hard to be a different ethnicity though... I mean, trying to learn a language and exposing yourself to other cultures, does that instantly make you a wannabe? :huh: Being a wannabe would probably have to include disliking and denying your own culture.

I love watching/listening to other Asian entertainment, but I wouldn't necessarily want to be that ethnicity. I would want to learn the language though... because knowing different languages is awesome. It doesn't mean that I'd abandon my own ethnicity... I love being Vietnamese too.

Guest celex

sometimes they're annoying. admiring is fine, but suddenly saying that i have __ blood! i mean, if you don't, nothing you can do can change where you came from.

Guest rycekrispies1212

I don't know if I've encountered any... Or at least I don't remember encountering any that were so annoying that I remember them.

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

wait...if you're already asian...does that make you a wannabe asian? O__o cuz I haven't really met any wannabe asians that aren't asian, unless an asian can be a wannabe asian...cuz then I've met a lot. haha.

O.o...i'm confuse...

i'm Viet/Chinese and i love Shinhwa and i love watching Xman and Loveletter cause they are freaking funny, but i don't love it so much to the point where i'll be "i'm Korean.*insert some Korean words*". i would love to learn Korean since it would help when i'm watching Xman and Loveletters and when i'm listening to Korean music.

I've never met anyone who's not Asian but tries to be Asian. :unsure:

Guest Inconnu

Okay, so how come people who like anime and asian stuff are automatically called "Wasian" but if an asian is into black culture they are not called "wankstas" or "Wanna be black"??

You must be kidding me. Asians who try to be black

ARE considered what you say ... 'wankstas'.

If I see some random Asian guy walking around trying

to talk ghetto, I would assume he's a 'wanksta'.

We call them 'WASIAN' for a reason.

Same with the word 'wankstas' or whatever.

Guest mariika

Anyone who tries to be another race gets on my damn nerves.

But that's there business.

Agreed. I can't stand fakes.

I don't understand why people find it sooo amusing to pretend to be from another race. It's cool if you're interested in it, because by all means, every culture is interesting and everyone should try to appreciate cultures and such. But my God: I wish they'd just be themselves T.T;;

My friend thinks he's "Asian on the inside". He says I'm the same too. Whatever. >.>; I'm not Asian AT ALL, nor do I claim to be. So what if I'm interested in Japanese culture? I'm interested in French culture, Spanish culture, MY culture, Greek culture, etc XD It just bothers me when people misjudge and say I'm "a wannabe Asian". I've never wanted to be anything other than who I am.

Archived