Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RLMAO Do they really say that about there penises???

That is funny, everytime me and my sisters see the wankstas they put there heads down and get mad quiet.

One time they said "Yo N-word" and then they saw my sis and looked like they wanted to richard simmons there pants.

Guest ANYOTHERDAY

i think its pathetic when caucasians try to dress or act asian

I used to have a friend that despretley wanted to be asian.

At school, we have a diary that we write down our homework in etc, but she would just print and paste anime pictures of series shes probably never seen, and only knows because i watch them, and buys all those cheapo looking "asian" stickers and sticks it on her diary etc

everyday i would hear.

"Oh my god. I'm meant to be the asian one! you look asian but you're not asian on the inside. I AM THE TRUE ASIAN. it was a mix up ETC."

I just wanted to punch her in the face honestly.

And when we're at the mall together, she would notice EVERY asain guy that walked pass, and then say, "How come all the asian guys look at you, just because you're asian, i look just as good, its because they're racist, why cant they see that i'm just as good as you?!?!"

And because of that, she cried every few weeks because the boy she liked was asian, but never talked to her, and i was close friends with him, so she kept going on and on about how she should be asian and the worlds not fair on her.

AJHAKJSDHJKASHD.

Guest bigfatPANDA

LOL. That's so cute. Aish not NOT a Korean thing. Aigoo is, of course. I think aish is general to all asians. Hah.

Anyways, oh my goodness I know what you mean, but wannabe asian. u___u

I go to fanime con & stuff.. &some of the people there are so stupid wannabe.

All the white people (okay not all, duh) try to act/dress japanese..

they use the word "kawaii" "konnichiwa" & "hai" ALL the time & that's like the ONLY japanese words they know. Urghh~

&they try to dress in a fruitsy/jsf way.. & they fail at it. & they think EVERYONE in Japan dresses thatway. OMG, have you been to Japan? Go there & see how people really dress.

&they like all jrock & worship it. Every jrock band they know is their ABSOLUTE FAV. (uhm.. hello.. how can ALL of them be your favorite.)

Not only that.. they think lolita is the sh-t but know nothing really about it. Like they think every lolita is gothic lolita.. there's way more -o-;

WHOOT. I like to complain about this kind of stuff (:

edit::

@keakulina: OH MY GOSH. Your friend is u_u+ If I were you, I'd want to slap her.

There's wannabe asian on soompi.. that person is pretty well-known too, I would think. I don't want to name-drop or anything.. but that person at least respects the cultures, not only media.. I think, from what I see..

Guest DitziJenni

I used to have a friend that despretley wanted to be asian.

At school, we have a diary that we write down our homework in etc, but she would just print and paste anime pictures of series shes probably never seen, and only knows because i watch them, and buys all those cheapo looking "asian" stickers and sticks it on her diary etc

everyday i would hear.

"Oh my god. I'm meant to be the asian one! you look asian but you're not asian on the inside. I AM THE TRUE ASIAN. it was a mix up ETC."

I just wanted to punch her in the face honestly.

And when we're at the mall together, she would notice EVERY asain guy that walked pass, and then say, "How come all the asian guys look at you, just because you're asian, i look just as good, its because they're racist, why cant they see that i'm just as good as you?!?!"

And because of that, she cried every few weeks because the boy she liked was asian, but never talked to her, and i was close friends with him, so she kept going on and on about how she should be asian and the worlds not fair on her.

AJHAKJSDHJKASHD.

omg i cant breath... no way. omg hahahaha

i think its pathetic when caucasians try to dress or act asian

I can never seem to get a straight answer to this question--but maybe you can explain it to me? How does a Caucasian dress? How does an Asian dress (minus traditional clothing)? And how does a Caucasian dress like an Asian?

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't think every 'Westerner' interested in some part or parts of certain Asian cultures necessarily wants to be Asian. I have Irish blood, and find a lot of similarities in Korean culture--traditional music included--as strange as it might sound. It's possible I have Chinese ancestors, but I never wished to be anything else other than what I am. My own personal culture is diverse (including regularly using words from certain other languages--because I'm used to it). It isn't American, or 'white', or Caucasian. Whatever that is.

My mother travelled all over the place when she was younger--so from her, I learned origami and how to use 'chopsticks', and I've been watching anime since I'm 3 (I'm older than a lot of you)...it doesn't make me feel I can speak Japanese fluently. -__- When I talk, dream, or think, there's more than English in my head. There's a lot of influence from my friends, who are mostly Asian (mostly Korean and Chinese)-- and they have no problems with the way I am. I was 'adopted' by one of my younger Korean girl friends 5 years ago. She calls me ddahl.

As long as someone treats whatever other culture--with respect (and doesn't act like an expert when they aren't)--I don't really understand what the problem is.

Guest bigfatPANDA

I can never seem to get a straight answer to this question--but maybe you can explain it to me? How does a Caucasian dress? How does an Asian dress (minus traditional clothing)? And how does a Caucasian dress like an Asian?

I'm guessing that she means when caucasian's try to dress in japanese street fashion, or fruitsy/lolita..

Guest plumeria

It could be annoying if they go overboard. I think you'll find those kinds who are into JROCK <_< not all but there is quite a few of them.

I've met some people like that and I'm like :huh:

I think there is more black wannabes then there are asian wannabes though :P

Guest cyberfruit

LOL. That's so cute. Aish not NOT a Korean thing. Aigoo is, of course. I think aish is general to all asians. Hah.

Didn't know that o_o.

Guest HKS457

if they can pull it off, then thats perfectly fine with me, but the sad truth is, alot of them cant, especially with their accent. they'll pretty much never get rid of it heeh

look in magazines and in your own experience. compare fob nerds and white nerds. compare the pictures in magazines on people with styles such as emo, skater, causal, ghetto but a different race,culture. u'll find the difference

I think these "wasians" are pathetic.

But I think any race that trys to act another race is dumb.

I mean every individual are entitled to their own freedom, conscious and what not, but i still think its way too pathetic if you don't act your own race

I think wiggers are the perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Guest HKS457

Now fashion is just a universal thing so I don't think just because people wear Japanese street style

they are trying to be asian, that is stupid. :rolleyes:

fashion is not a universal thing, its called japanese street style for a reason, see the word "japanese" in there? good. sure dressed in japanese street style does not equal to a person trying to be asian or whatnot, however the way you dress is your unique way of expressing yourself. if you are not emo like, you wont dress like a emo. if you are not ghetto, your wont ever dress in those style. what does this mean? the non asian that dressed in japanese street style must have a strong appreication in their style or culture and wants to be one with it. a "wannabe" is just a more negative way of saying the same thing

Guest xbamboo

i can't understand why some asians get all defensive when others take an interest in our culture.

even if the other person IS trying to BE asian when they're not,

that's totally up to them & it's definitely a compliment towards us.

sad? pathetic? no pride in their own culture? c'mon, don't be such jerks about it.

that's like saying... "he told me he likes my shirt, that must mean he hates his own clothes."

self-expression is up to the individual. no one should be close-minded enough to judge others for that.

:blink::sweatingbullets:

Guest TrainDriver

Lol. I knowww.

But then most of the wannabe asians I've seen come from the wannabe Japanese people who only like it because of anime.

._o Those are the real annoying ones.

i wouldn't consider them wannabe, but i find that, for example, the majority of caucasian males who have somewat interest in asian culture is through anime and if its the music, it only consists of bands that they have heard through anime. i've never encountered some1 with a deep knowledge yet.

Archived