The Goonies

classic 80s movie

TheGooniesSign.jpg

TheGoonies2.jpg

I looked through the forum, and didn't see a thread for this movie, so I thought I would make one to spread the love!

From Interenet Movie Database:

Made: 1985

Summary: Mikey and Brandon Walsh are two brothers whose family is preparing to move due to a new development that is sure to be started unless enough money is raised, which is quite doubtful. But, when Mikey stumbles on a treasure map of the famed "One-Eyed" Willy's hidden fortune, he, his brother, and a few friends set out on a quest to find the riches in hopes to save their homes. The entrance to a cavern is found, but it is located underneath an abandoned restaurant occupied by the Fratelli family, a treacherous group of thieves who attempt to beat the "Goonies" to the treasure.

Characters: (Taken from TheGoonies.Org)

Goonies_castmike.jpg

Sean Astin as Mike Walsh

The Goonie who leads them to find One-Eyed Willie's treasure. Although Mikey suffers from asthma, he continually acts as the group's neverending supply of enthusiasm and spirit. It is his determination to save the Goon Docks that jumpstarts the film.

Goonies_castmouth.jpg

Corey Feldman Playing Mouth

An obnoxious Goonie who tends to be a bit of a trickster. While he is treated as an annoyance often, Mouth is a boy of many talents including being perfectly fluent in Spanish and supposedly other languages.

Goonies_castbrand.jpg

Josh Brolin Playing Brand Walsh

Mikey's older brother who recently failed his driver's license test. A very strong young man, although he comes across as a typical overbearing older brother at first glance, he seems to genuinely care for his brother and the Goon Dock's dire situation.

Goonies_casts.jpg

Martha Plimpton Playing Stef

A friend of Andy is a smart-mouthed, skeptical girl. If not for the age difference she could be perfect foil for Mouth as the two butt heads very often. Although she comes across as something of a smart-alec, she demonstrates that she can be quite compassionate.

Goonies_castdata.jpg

Jonathan Ke Quan (credited: Ke Huy Quan) Playing Data

An inventive Goonie who idolizes James Bond. Although many of his gadgets seem gimmicky and useless at first, they end up saving both the lives of the entire group and Data himself various times.

Goonies_castchunk.jpg

Jeff Cohen Playing Chunk

A fat Goonie who makes up stories and tries to pass them off as true. Although he seems to be the group burden, he comes through for everyone in the end by helping save the Goonies in a dire moment. A scene where Mouth denies Chunk entrance to their meeting unless he does the "Truffle Shuffle", namely lifting up his shirt and jiggling the fat on his body is a fan-favorite.

Goonies_castandy.jpg

Kerri Green Playing Andy

A cheerleader who is dating Brand. Although jumpy and uncertain of the adventure she is swept up in, she often encourages the group. She saves the Goonies with her limited experience with piano from One-Eyed-Willie's most complex trap.

Related Links:

TheGoonies.Org

French Goonies Site

The Goonies Wikipedia

Filming Sites of The Goonies

This movie is definately one of my favorites. I love all of the characters, since they are unique and interesting in their own ways. My favorite parts are:

1. When Mouth "translates" for the Walsh's Hispanic housekeeper. So hilarious!

2. Chunk's 'Truffle Shuffle.'

3. Sloth ^_^

Guest VersusVillain

This is one of my favorite movies! An absolute 80's classic. :D

Ah, I need to watch this again. <3

Guest cutegurl87

This movie was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved every second of it. Chunk and Data are my favorite characters and Josh Brolin is hot as the caring, elder brother.

I love this movie. I never get tired of watching it ^_^ When I was little, my favorite scene was when they were all going down that giant waterslide...Always looked like fun :lol:

Guest KIM_SAYS:

AHAHAHA the truffle shuffle. We watched in my english class a few years ago.

One of the guys tried doing the truffle shuffle.

It was disgusting.

Guest shred

i loved the goonies!!!!

the last time i watched it on fox family ... that was when i just recognized it was sean astin and josh brolin :sweatingbullets:

Guest Ama Vita

i love this movie!! it's so awesome. i remember watching it so many times when i was younger. i wanna watch it again !!

Guest JudY-JudY

I LOVE this movie!!

They always show it on HBO or something like that so I always end up watching it.

Guest soupinmychickenoodle

OH! I remember my teacher showing this movie to us in fourth grade. I loved it. and then I think another teacher showed it a couple years later....but for the life of me I can't remember the plot. something about an adventure in a cave. xD

Guest HeffyEnd

*sloth voice* HEY YOU GUYS!!!

I'll love this movie forever <3

Sean Astin is so hilarious with his lisp because of his braces. And he was.. so.. young.

And Corey Feldman of course. Oddly enough, I have and am planning to buy several of his films..

But he did make some classic 80's movies. ;)

*sloth voice* HEY YOU GUYS!!!

I'll love this movie forever <3

Sean Astin is so hilarious with his lisp because of his braces. And he was.. so.. young.

And Corey Feldman of course. Oddly enough, I have and am planning to buy several of his films..

But he did make some classic 80's movies. ;)

Sean Astin was such a cutie in this movie. When I seen Lord of the Rings, I didn't recognize him as Sam. lol I was like, that's Mikey from the Goonies...but he is so old!?

Corey Feldman was pretty funny in this movie. ^_^ Another good movie he was in during the 80s was "Licensed to Drive" with that other famous Corey, but I forget his last name.

Guest yuans7love

omg i love this movie!!!

funniest part i remember was they were trying to get through an obstacle of things and they were at this huge piano made of bones and the they had to play all the right notes or else they'll fall into a deep hole and a note was B flat and mike said if she plays a wrong note they'll all "be flat" HAHAHAHA

i found that so funny for some reason

Archived