❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

source: dcssh

February 19, 2010

Lotte Duty Free's 30th anniversary bulletin Rain will attend the founding ceremony

Date: Mon, February 22nd, 2010 10:30

Venue: Star Avenue, Lotte, Lotte Hotel, etc.

Artists attending: Rain, Ji Sung, Park Yong-ha, Song Seung Heon, Big Bang, Choi Ji Woo

http://kr.lottedfs.com/event/others/201002...Event/index.jsp

lottedfs_30ann1.jpg

*TSH

thanks YEUHOCA for shairng the pictures here.

Looks like the Lotte Event was a success!!

Everyone looks wonderful!

I want to wish Ji Sung a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

3.jpg

sunsetbirthday1.jpg

Hi yooki, gosh, i forgot his special day - I'm so bad. I'm sorry, oppa! I hope you had a grand time spending your bday last month. <_< Wondering if he spent the day with her,huh? Whoaaaaa.......... I'm excited again for his upcoming drama. Can't wait to see it though I'm not into period series. I'm curious & excited to know who will be his leading female partner here. This is highly-anticipated! :D:P

Ji Sung to star in new TV series "Kim Su-ro"

2010030508511079825_2.jpg

Korean actor Ji Sung has been set to star in a 20 billion won blockbuster TV series titled "Kim Su-ro", according to his agency Namoo Actors.

Namoo announced Thursday that the actor has been cast to play the lead role in the upcoming MBC drama, playing the historic figure Kim Su-ro who founded and ruled the state of Geumgwan Gaya in the 5th century.

The traditional epic drama, which will also star noted Korean actors Yoo Oh-sung and Bae Jong-ok, is scheduled to go into shoot on location in China starting this month.

Ji Sung, whose real name is Kwak Tae-gun, debuted in 1999 in the popular campus drama "Kaist" (SBS).

He has since appeared in numerous television dramas, including "All In" (SBS, 2003), "Save the Last Dance for Me" (SBS, 2004) and "Swallow the Sun" (SBS, 2009).

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...030508511079825

Guest yooki

hi willenette!

thanks for sharing this information here.

i guess it's official.

saw a few articles, but nothing seemed for sure...until now.

i also wonder who will be the female lead.

should be interesting with Yoo Oh sung (Jackson - STS) .

I also read that Jun Kwang Ryul (Jang Min ho/Kwan Il Hwan - STS) may also be in the cast.

excited about this one as I enjoy historical dramas as well.

happy weekend!!

hi willenette!

thanks for sharing this information here.

i guess it's official.

saw a few articles, but nothing seemed for sure...until now.

i also wonder who will be the female lead.

should be interesting with Yoo Oh sung (Jackson - STS) .

I also read that Jun Kwang Ryul (Jang Min ho/Kwan Il Hwan - STS) may also be in the cast.

excited about this one as I enjoy historical dramas as well.

happy weekend!!

Hi yooki, actually, after STS I was waiting for another drama from him & here it is......... I'm not really into period series but since JS is in it, no choice, dear! Whoever will be his female partner here is fine with me - Wahhhhh………. his first time to be in a period drama. I’m also curious & excited to know his female leading partner in this historical series. I adore Ji Sung since STLDFM. He’s so manly, HOT & a great actor. I hope this new character will be another breakthrough role for him. Can’t wait for this! :P:lol:

Fever Watch : Ji Sung Takes On Saguek Kim Soo Ro

Ji Sung, from All In and last year’s Swallow the Sun, has been tapped to star in a big-budget historical epic for the first time in his career. Ji will play the title role in Kim Soo Ro, the story of the 5th century founding of the city-state of Geumgwan Gaya. Filming on Kim Soo Ro, also starring Sun co-star Yoo Oh Sung and Bae Jong Ok, will start in China in a couple of weeks.

Ji Sung's Next Project, A Historical Drama?

Huh? Ji Sung? In a historical drama? O_o? I can’t picture it. Not after seeing him in “Swallow the sun” and other dramas he was in. But maybe this is a good thing, for him.

200909300927578544874a1.jpg

Ji Sung to star in MBC historical drama, Kim Soo Ro

Actor Ji Sung has been selected to star in a 20 billion Won blockbuster historical (sageuk) TV drama titled “Kim Soo Ro”, according to his Namoo Actors.

His agency announced on Thursday that the actor will be taking the lead role as the historical figure Kim Soo Ro, who founded and ruled the state of Geumgwan Gaya in the 5th century.

This traditional epic drama will also starred actors Yoo Oh Sun and veteran actress Bae Jong Ok – which will be her first historical drama also. It is set to scheduled for shooting in China later this month.

Ji Sung (real name: Kwak Tae Gun) debuted in 1999 with popular campus drama, Kaist. Since then, he has appeared in numerous TV dramas such as SBS “All In” (2003), “Save the last dance for me” (opposite of Eugene in 2004), and his latest drama with Sung Yuri, “Swallow the sun” aired last year.

Source : DramaFever

Guest yooki

hi willenette!

thanks for sharing the news updates here.

i understand filming sets are being built for this drama.

i'm glad JS will take on this role - it will give him a chance to spread his wings as an actor.

no matter how challenging this role may be for him, i'm sure he will gain much from doing this drama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ji Sung in MBC's Kim Suro

kimsuro10.jpg

Ji Sung (Swallow the Sun) is taking the titular role in MBC’s upcoming drama Kim Suro, as pictured in these newly released stills. He has acted mostly in contemporary dramas such as New Heart and All In, but jumps back two millennia to play the first king of the Kaya nation, who reigned in the 1st century A.D.

In addition to Ji Sung and his co-star Yoo Oh-sung, the drama has added actress Seo Ji-hye (I Love You) and Go Joo-won (OB-GYN) to its cast.

Go Joo-won plays Kim Suro’s rival as his half-brother by a different father; their mother is played by Bae Jong-ok. Seo Ji-hye will play Kaya’s first queen, Heo Hwang-ok; according to Suro’s legend, she was a princess who traveled to Kaya from a far-off kingdom Ayodhya (located in current-day India). Her parents had been told in a dream that a man named Suro was sent by Heaven to found the Kaya state, and were instructed to send their daughter to be the new king’s spouse. Once she had arrived via ship and met Suro, he confirmed that he had also foreseen that his wife would be sent to him.

The drama will air on weekends beginning in late May.

kimsuro8.jpg

credit dramabeansVia Joy News

Guest yooki

Thanks Yeuhoca and Woundedheart for the updates.

Am curious to see how this drama does when it airs in May.

JS Fighting!!

ps: YEUHOCA - I am not able to leave a comment on your blog. Each time I try, it is erased. I do visit your blog often. I'll see if I can figure out why I can't post my comment.

Guest yeuhoca

@ yooki :

sorry, My blog have something wrong .....

but, now I have repaired it .....

you can leave your comment

thanks so much because you often vistit my blog ^^ :wub:

@Woundedheart

thanks for the update

hope you will watch the drama Kim Soo Ro ... :rolleyes:

@Woundedheart

thanks for the update

hope you will watch the drama Kim Soo Ro ... :rolleyes:

surely i will if i got the chance, the most memorable impression i had of Ji Sung was while watching him in a historical drama ^^ i couldnt take my eyes of tv ^^

here are some pix of KS ive found in Baidu Ji Sung looking gorgeous ^^

cb765343101c15279213c61.jpg

8fa936d15f70f80e9b50278.jpg

ed9dd539ff5e7bc53a87ce8.jpg