My dress randomly doesn't fit?!?! HELP! PROM!?

iomoo

Hey everyone; i'm freaking out. I have a Betsey Johnson dress that I've had for 3 years that I pulled out to wear last month, and it fit great. I tried it on today and now it's too tight!??! WHY?! I haven't gained any weight I'm freaking out!

Help! Why did this happen, how can I change this? I literally weigh and measure the same as I have for the past few months! :/ My prom is on Saturday so I need to be able to fit into it!

I just don't understand, it's not even my waist, it's my bust area, it just does NOT zip! I literally wore it less than a month ago and it was slightly big on me. WTF? HELP!

i wish my clothes didn't fit in my bust area :P oh well, that's what double sided tape's for.

could be water retention? did you intake a lot of sodium/lots of salty foods lately?

my only advice i can think of is avoid salty foods for atleast a whole week before your prom including carbonized drink and other things that make you bloat (for me this include milk D:) and i guess doing cardio doesn't hurt either.

ahh I have a really small bust, I'm just a 32A; but what I mean is, when I try to zip it up, it gets messed up at bust area (so the 32 area).

I didn't take into consideration that I just had some fries.......I've been drinking a lot of water recently though.

I'm going to do some cardio workouts and not eat before I try it on next time. It's this Saturday so I guess I will just have to not eat for 2 days!!!!!!! :/

Guest Kitty07

I hate when that happens! I think it's because you're gaining weight around the side chest area... I can't explain it but I'm having the same problem. Feel the area of skin right beside your underarm.. is there like extra fattiness there?

All my dresses I've bought less than 5 months ago feel tighter around the bust area (size 10B in Australia.. so not big chests or anything lol) If you really need that dress, all I can say is just suck in as much air as you can lol! And get someone to zip it up for you!

I've been eating more in the past months so I know I'm gaining weight but obviously it's just going to the part near my bust. Weird.

Guest kpop-biscuit

okay, so you currently have two solutions :

- bring it to a tailoress (not sure it's how you say it...) to get it fixed, she'll know what to do

-buy a new one in a hurry!

One of my friends had the same problem , hers will be fixed tomorrow morning (hehe our prom is on sunday ! ;) ) it sometimes happens when you make a mistake with it in the washing machine ! :/

hey everyone!

no i don't wear a bra with it!

i don't have the time to bring it to a tailor but thankfully it somehow zipped up today.

except the problem is, it only zips up if i (without help) zip it up in the middle of my bust and then attempt to move it to the side...and it doesn't budge. i think if i zipped it on hte side it would work if someone did it for me but i'm not sure.

advice is still appreciated! i ran a mile today and swam for half an hour in PE, and i've only drank water all day (with mio! haha)

It's probably because you're building more muscle in your back area from swimming or whatever.

nah, i don't usually swim in PE; it just so happened that it was really hot where i live so my teacher let us jump in the pool after running the mile.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Uhhh, I don't think starving yourself is going to help. It sounds like you haven't even had anyone else help you put it on. Try that first.

Archived