[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Guest vintagepolka

i'm at halfway watching the last ep. I actually liked it(so far..and i'm not gonna finish watching it coz i can't handle my withdrawal symptoms if i finish watching the last ep too soon lol) despite how some of you are saying it's disappointing..

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They dragged out so many unnecessary scenes that the ending felt rushed and confusing. 
So basically, Da Ran is a cheater and Kyung Joon is a drama queen. Who knows what happened to Yoon Jae, who actually loved Da Ran all along. 
I wasn't really for or against Da Ran and Kyung Joon's relationship, but I couldn't help but cringe when Da Ran went completely crazy at the end of ep 15/beginning of ep 16. Her love for Kyung Joon inside of Yoon Jae definitely wasn't healthy. IMO, she fell in love with Kyung Joon partly (or maybe even mostly) because she saw Yoon Jae the way she really wanted him to be.
The two teachers and Choong Shik were a nuisance btw. 
Edit: The drama overall wasn't bad though! I enjoyed most of it, so I'd still recommend this. :]

I haven't watched the last 2 episodes but after reading all your post, seemingly majority of you is disappointed with the ending. I have so much expectation in this drama because the writer is popular in comedy romance stories.
Anyway, I'll share my point of view after I watched it.

Guest gogogobong

guys does anyone know what is the name of the song played in ep 5 around 10:00-12:33, really like that song,thanks in advance! *wink

Guest spiriticon

Having read through the ending posts, I thank my lucky stars I wasn't the only one that felt it was confusing. I thought I'd missed so many clues and subtleties over the last 15 eps.

I don't wanna add more fuel to the fire but I really have to say "oh man. WTF was that?

Whew.

guys does anyone know what is the name of the song played in ep 5 around 10:00-12:33, really like that song,thanks in advance! *wink

same here love the song, its supposed to come out July 27 Full OST nobody know's who sings it and what's the tittle of the song :( so we just have to wait and see :)

After I watched the show I was thinking. Would I love KJ in YJ body, not the way DR did it. If DR loved KJ the person inside YJ WHY OH WHY did she not visit the hospital every day to see KJ, because that is the person whose character she fell in love with. I don't care what you say. You can not only love the mind of that person but start not to care for the looks you see every day and talk to and do things together with. DR did not give her self the time to get attached to KJ's physical body. She and YJ should have visited KJ more often.  But than it is a DRAMA the ending is better than Fashion King what I just watched, 

Shin had the easiest job in the world. 15 episodes of lying in bed asleep. lol

Thanks to 1st episode,we can see his acting.I thought i can see him wake up as KKJ in the final episode.but too bad,no shin in ending

I want to see him play more active roles next time.

Guest ticklemepinkz

darkdragon88

wrote:

»

I absolutely understand everyone's feelings about the ending of this drama. In my opinion it was something that was say...lost in translation from paper to the screen. We know that Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae are twins, they are supposed to look alike. But unfortunately we get two actors who look different. The whole 1 year skip at the end certainly seems like it wasn't enough for Kyung Joon to mature into how Yoon Jae is at his age -but overall they are twins. But the show's ending just fell short for me.<br />

There are a whole lot of other things which people have pointed out, but there are a bunch of those in dramas, so I won't nitpick. I certainly do think things could have been better, but the ending is the most important part to me. All the other episodes though, I still really love how things worked out and the chemistry that happened. This just makes me think of the last time I have seen a

good ending to a drama? I can't remember...

Guest samgirl

although BIG will not be in the list of my all time favorite drama, GOng Yoo's Kyung Jae will definitely be a favorite of all Hong's hero, Cha Dae Wong will have to share his number one spot with kyung Jae ;)

and that is how Yoo is, once he accepted a project he immerse himself and plays the role to the best of his ability, no regrets. i will still pick this drama again if given a choice cause I know i wont I will miss the chemistry of Min jung and Gong Yoo, seriously DATE! okay? hahah they are so beautiful together!

now i hope picks another project soon, watching BIG made me realize how madly i miss him. a movie perhaps? rom com please!

Guest marydewitt

I have no doubt in Gong Yoo acting, in fact, I watch BIG because of him, I am just disappointed in the last episode on how the story wrapped up.

Guest vintagepolka

This is the song some of you have been asking that played in ep 4 of Big when KKJ was in the rain trying to get his stuffs back into the house.

Guest yellowcake

So it's been two days since I watched the BIG finale, and now I'm more at peace with it. My heart tugs every time I come to that scene when Kyung Joon calls out "Gil Da Ran" as Da Ran is walking away from the bus, and that instrumental track comes on. It's so peculiar. Even though I know what's coming, something in my heart stirs every time he calls her name and that music comes in. The slow shot as she turns around, the surprise and anticipation on her face. That shot was just so perfect. :) 
BIGDaRanturningresized.jpg KJtoDR2resized.jpg
Da Ran's growth came later in the series than I would have liked, but I appreciate it all the same. By the end of the series, she was finally able to assert herself and go after what she wanted, without being swayed by external forces. She remained kind and thoughtful to others, but she also respected herself enough to go after what was important to her. She gained confidence, and that's such a wonderful trajectory for our girl. 
Here she is, not letting the love of her life pass her by.BIGDaRanrunningresized.jpg BIGDaRanhand2resized.jpgBIGDaRanlookingatKJ3resized.jpgThe look of pure adoration on her face. Guh. <3 (Of course this shot would have been 100 times better if we had been able to see Kyung Joon gazing back at her, but alas, I must not get negative again...)
Even though I was let down with the finale, BIG will remain a very special drama to me. It's been a year or so since I last watched a drama in its entirety (I previously stuck to reading recaps - less time-consuming, lol), and for some reason, BIG was the one that got me back into watching dramas. I fell so hard that I even started waking up earlier so I could watch episodes live, which for me is a BIG commitment (hah!). Week after week, episode after episode, I fell more and more in love with the characters - endearing, kind Da Ran who is always trying to do what's best for other people, steadfast Kyung Joon who wears his heart on his sleeve, and the loving and warm-hearted Gil family (how I wish we got to spend more time with them). The show is obviously not without its flaws, but I don't regret the time and emotions I invested in it. I hope that the cast is able to retain fond memories of the show as well, and wish them well in their future endeavors. 
Kyung Joon and Da Ran will remain one of my top favorite pairings for a long while. Since I can't stop thinking about them, looks like my mind will be on 10:10 for quite some time. And even as time passes, and I move on to other dramas and begin to let go of BIG, my love for it will remain in my heart, as Choongshik so wisely said. Annyeong, BIG. :) 
BIGep1KJlookingatDRresized1-1.jpgBIGep1KJandDRunderumbrella2resized2.jpgBIGep16KJsmilingatDRresized1-1.jpgBIGKJandDRunderumbrellaresized1.jpg

Archived