Recommended Books!

Guest Yoyo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we're supposed to 'review' books we like and want to recommend..but I'm not very good at it, so I'll just say that I really liked this book--the movie 'Hugo' was based on it.  Haven't seen it yet, though.  The book was different--and could be good for little kids--or bigger ones (I'm the kind of 'adult' that reads a lot of kid's books--if it catches my eye, I don't care what age it's meant for--I want to read it...)  The author also did the illustrations.  I didn't really want to put it down.

512v1u0kluL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Invention-Hugo-Cabret-Brian-Selznick/dp/0439813786

jennylin said: ”Pride and Prejudice“ is my best love, I love the spirit in the story, also, I like Jane Austine, she is my hero even in my childhood and my topic theme about the thesis in the college is "talking about jane austine"is there anybody like Jane same as me?

Guest Krrypton

”Pride and Prejudice“ is my best love' date=' I love the spirit in the story, also, I like Jane Austine, she is my hero even in my childhood and my topic theme about the thesis in the college is "talking about jane austine"is there anybody like Jane same as me?[/quote']

yeah me too. Jane austen's novels are just so good to read . Pride abd prejudice is just great. Have you read her other books?

Guest Krrypton

jennylin said:

”Pride and Prejudice“ is my best love, I love the spirit in the story, also, I like Jane Austine, she is my hero even in my childhood and my topic theme about the thesis in the college is "talking about jane austine"is there anybody like Jane same as me?

I love Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice. I've only read Pride and Prejudice, but I've seen the film adaptation of all her novels. I really want to read Persuasion soon.

Yeah i've also not read persuasion. I am hoping to read it soon. I've read the others like northanger abbey, emma etc. Have you?

Guest Krrypton

i would recommend one of my all time favourites- wuthering heights. The story is really something. But sad.! Almost made me cry T_T

chandamitamazumdar said:

cutiek028

wrote:

»

jennylin said:<br />

”Pride and Prejudice“ is my best love, I love the spirit in the story, also, I like Jane Austine, she is my hero even in my childhood and my topic theme about the thesis in the college is "talking about jane austine"is there anybody like Jane same as me?<br />

<br />

<br />

I love Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice. I've only read Pride and Prejudice, but I've seen the film adaptation of all her novels. I really want to read Persuasion soon.

Guest hostileheart

TITLE: Ash.
AUTHOR: Malinda Lo.
WHY YOU'RE RECOMMENDING IT:
This book is, quite simply put, enchanting. "Ash" is a lesbian retelling of the classic Cinderella, and in summary: a young girl named Aisling, but who is called Ash, gets a stepmother and stepsisters; they abuse her and treat her terribly, and she wishes to be taken away by fairies. She meets a fairy who is a very large part of her life and who wishes to take her away, but Ash falls in love with a young huntress named Kaisa. It is about Ash's choice: to leave, to join the fairy folk, what she had wished for for such a long time, or to try and fight for her love and Kaisa. I really loved this book. I used to read TONS, but I had gotten where I didn't do much of it anymore, but "Ash" pulled me out of that rut. It was that good. It was something that was actually engaging and fascinating, and something that I could just totally immerse myself in. Malinda Lo's world-building is also superb: she incorporates magic into this world, and has such an interesting history for her book, for their world. It also helps that her prose is absolutely beautiful.

Ash is inspiring. It's beautiful. It made me love Ash and Kaisa; it's about, in a way, human nature and love and how we all deal with the world. It's just...a really good book.

Guest fiffif toofeefee

New Book

Hello,my name is Ionut,
I have just published my first book.It's a small book about life and how difficult it is sometimes but you never need tosurrender.It is just the first one from a series and it is small because i wanted to see first if people will like it and that would encourage me to write more and better.The second one is gonna be a bigger and more interesting book that will make you see that in life you can change your luck and have success in everything.This is the link to my book and i hope you will like it even dough it is just a small part of what is to come:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CD447W8

Guest annmer

TITLE: For One More Day
AUTHOR: Mitch Albom * ALL OF HIS BOOKS ARE GOOD BTW
WHY YOU'RE RECOMMENDING IT: All his books are super inspirational and easy to read. I love them! :) 

• 3 months later...
Guest soleil4177

For fantasy fans, I recommend A Song of Fire and Ice by George RR Martin.If you want inspiration, Paulo Coelho's books. My first love was The Alchemist. 

Guest andthenthe

TITLE: Vampire Academy
AUTHOR: Richelle Mead
WHY YOU'RE RECOMMENDING IT: This series is literally my favorite book series ever. I know a book about vampires already sounds so "Twilight-y" but this series isn't about the cliche vampires everybody reads books and watch movies about. This book and the series that goes with it is really unique and interesting, and just really good.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Austen for the way she criticizes society in her time . I loved Pride and Prejudice but not only . Most of her books are almost as good ( now reading Emma) . But also the Bronte sisters are amazing . I have read Jane Eyre and i can definitely say it is my favourite classic romance book . I also have other books by them but i haven't gotten round to reading any .

I am a fan of historical romance as i have said before and authors that i would recommend are Judith McNaught , Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood . There are others ( PM me if you want more recommendations ) but from these authors i have read most of their books and believe me they don't disappoint .

Archived