Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

Kamsahamnida Azura ssi for posting all the lovely pictures and related informations/news on CJW.

And many thanks to Beary Bear for posting the news with regards to Takuya Kimura's loosing the role to Yutaka....(actually, I was pining for TK to act with CJW since she is more familiar with him and both of their status are equally powerful to attract viewers from both countries....the best of the best!!). Yeah!! With his status as a J-drama king, he must be pretty upset ....it goes to show that CJW is HOT and in great demand even in a foreign land.

Repost news of dior

Credit to Ping at bhjwlove.com

source: http://www.donga.com/pictorial/album_viewe...tain&pic=1010ch

d.jpg

內容大意 譯文 平

亞洲~美貌與才智的交鋒

10日 世界著名化妝品dior宣佈,明年 1月開始發售的化妝品` kebutso' 的新人選,.是好萊塢女星莎朗史東

明年 1月在亞洲單獨公開的 TV CF已經在夏天拍攝了,由`花樣年華' `2046' 的著名監督負責攝影

今年 3月dior的美白系列 ,亞洲代表是韓流明星崔智友 ,現在是好萊塢與韓國美女的美貌交鋒

dior方面 : “40歲年齡的美麗女士,由於是屬於獨立一群, 她的形象較符合要求,是選定莎朗史東的理由"

關於莎朗史東部份略去(有些名稱 我不熟悉)

Brief translation

Asia – Confrontation of beauty and intellect

On 10th October, world famous cosmetics dior announced that from January next year, cosmetics ‘kebutso' will be released, and Hollywood star Sharon Stone will be the new face for this range of cosmetics.

The TV CF that will be opened to the public solely in Asia January next year has already been made in the summer. Famous director of ‘2046’ Wang (not sure if he is Wang Ka Wai) was responsible for doing the photographing of the CF.

In March Hanllyu star Choi Ji Woo was chosen as the dior whitening series’ Asian representative.

Now the pretty women of Hollywood and South Korea have come "face to face" with their pride of beauty and wisdom.

Aspect from dior: "40 year old beautiful women belong to the independent group. Sharon Stone’s image is comparatively suitable to the requirement. This is the reason she is selected.”

P/s: The part about Sharon Stone is left out (some names are not familiar)

Hi HYC......glad to see you!!

Thanks for posting the above article... and your contribution is most appreciated!!! :D

Guest dramalover

Azura,BB,and Hyc.....Thank you for all those

beautiful pictures and updated news of our PRINCESS...Ladies keep up the

good work..Kamsahamnida...smileybow6yp.gif

Guest dramalover

wowowo.... tons of beautiful pix!

thanks AZURA .... you're working so hard! :)

CJW is one of my faves! B)

kellee..welcome to CJW thread..

Enjoy your stay and do visit us often and post your views and

comments about our PRINCESS...

http://www.cjwfc.com

English Translations by Beary Bear

Takuya Kimura refuses to appear in TBS programs after losing role in major production

2005 October 10 - Beijing Sina.com

TBS' Korean-Japanese production, Rondo, starring Yutaka Takenouchi and Choi Ji-Woo which is scheduled to air next year is attracting a lot of attention.

Takyua Kimura who lost the role to Takenouchi has refused to appear in any TBS programs.

According to past records, TBS' Sunday 9:00 PM schedule, Takuya Kimura's Beautiful Life (2000) and Good Luck (2003) have garnered good reviews and ratings over 30%. So by all accounts, Kimura should have led TBS' major production, Rondo. But in July, it was announced that Yutaka Takenouchi will co-star with Choi Ji-Woo instead, sparking the irate of Takuya Kimura.

And Takuya Kimura has been expressing his displeasure over losing the role, and has said that he will not appear in any TBS programs in the future.

Basically, it just talks about Takuya's career reaching stagnation over the past year. His last drama "Engine" managed only 22.4% (low if compared to his other dramas). He was even nominated in the "Golden Strawberry" Award for Worst Acting (I think this is Japan's equivalent of "Golden Raspberry" in the US)

Takuya will next take on a new role of a blind samurai who avenges for his wife, the production to be directed by an acclaimed film-maker, Yoji Yamada. Two of Mr Yamada's works had been nominated for the "Best Foreign language Film" at the Academy Awards.

:lol::lol:

All I can say is "Wow, Princess Ji-woo has worked her charms even on Takuya Kimura." Sometimes, it is a matter of timing, but I'm sure when the opportunity comes, we will get to see a collaboration between Takuya Kimura and Choi Ji-Woo. After all, it was Takuya who invited our princess to SMAPxSMAP twice.

Thanks BB for this interesting news ...

My input ... venturing into big productions like this involves several considerations & one of them is proper timing. Movie & TV drama producers are businessmen & so box office receipts and advertisers are priorities. The type of script/material or screenplay can dictate the actors to play the roles because it could very well affect its artistic & financial success. I surmise that the drama starring Ji Woo & Yutaka Takenouchi must have been tailor-made for them & that the director/producers must have seen the team-up to be viable at this time. Another motivation for the choice may be the "chemistry" between the two. Moviegoers or drama viewers observe this so-called "chemistry" between actors & often use it in judging what movies/dramas to watch. Even movie critics & reviewers suggest that "chemistry" between actors can contribute to the popularity & success of a particular production.

I am a fan of Takuya Kimura & it is my wish that one day I'll get to watch him in a drama or movie with Ji Woo. But this may not be the proper time & also the script may not be appropriate for their tandem ... but there will be an oportune time for them to be in one project with the right material that will demand a more challenging performance. ;)

Thanks BB for this interesting news ...

My input ... venturing into big productions like this involves several considerations & one of them is proper timing. Movie & TV drama producers are businessmen & so box office receipts and advertisers are priorities. The type of script/material or screenplay can dictate the actors to play the roles because it could very well affect its artistic & financial success. I surmise that the drama starring Ji Woo & Yutaka Takenouchi must have been tailor-made for them & that the director/producers must have seen the team-up to be viable at this time. Another motivation for the choice may be the "chemistry" between the two. Moviegoers or drama viewers observe this so-called "chemistry" between actors & often use it in judging what movies/dramas to watch. Even movie critics & reviewers suggest that "chemistry" between actors can contribute to the popularity & success of a particular production.

I am a fan of Takuya Kimura & it is my wish that one day I'll get to watch him in a drama or movie with Ji Woo. But this may not be the proper time & also the script may not be appropriate for their tandem ... but there will be an oportune time for them to be in one project with the right material that will demand a more challenging performance. ;)

Hi ... Just want to add in my thanks to BB for sharing and translating this article on Takuya ... I understand that he is very popular in Japan and did wonder why he was not cast to act with JW in Rondo after watching his short MV with JW in poker cards game. They do have good chemistry too ~~~~~

:lol: Well said, Carmina ..... always enjoy reading your insightful comments .... I hardly watch J-drama but b'cos of the right time slot, 1st time get to watch Kimura's Good luck and then Pride (which just ended today in our local TV). Was impressed with him and to me, he's the equivalent of KSW kind. In the latter, he really oozes charms and sex appeal, and with co-star Yuko, it just makes them the Japanese version of KSW & CJW!!! :lol: I thot it was so romantic when he declares and proposes to Aki at the ice skating ring with all his ice hockey buddies present! Love the way he said his favourite phrase "Maybe" ! And Aki said maybe and then he said Must Be!! It makes me laugh ..... Sorry, off topic, just sharing my personal view ..... :wub:

Guest poisonliz2

Hmmm ............ TQ TQ TQ to all who hve been posting CJW pixs etc etc etc. BB for the translation and updating news which is definitely appreciated and all the pixs from Azura, drama etc etc etc Names not too good in my................. memory ............ just got back from "kampai" so me brain not too good n spelling, english, tenses etc not too good but as long as u guys understand what d hell I'm trying to explain is good enough, I can c a lot of errors in my tenses but me brain not functioning too well so pls ............ hmmm well personal opinion Takuya is still one of my favorite actor. Too bad he did not get the d part as the leading actor. I don't mind d other actor cos he is ok as well. Watch his drama ... etc n he petty good u know. So no coment at zee moment until I watch z drama then I can give comemnt on the acting etc etc.

cccf599.jpg

cccf597.jpg

cccf598.jpg

cccf596.jpg

thanks Azura for sharing these pictures. she looks so beautiful and elegant in the first picture. the following made her looks so innocent and young (not that she's old or anything). lol.

Hi ... Just want to add in my thanks to BB for sharing and translating this article on Takuya ... I understand that he is very popular in Japan and did wonder why he was not cast to act with JW in Rondo after watching his short MV with JW in poker cards game. They do have good chemistry too ~~~~~

:lol: Well said, Carmina ..... always enjoy reading your insightful comments .... I hardly watch J-drama but b'cos of the right time slot, 1st time get to watch Kimura's Good luck and then Pride (which just ended today in our local TV). Was impressed with him and to me, he's the equivalent of KSW kind. In the latter, he really oozes charms and sex appeal, and with co-star Yuko, it just makes them the Japanese version of KSW & CJW!!! :lol: I thot it was so romantic when he declares and proposes to Aki at the ice skating ring with all his ice hockey buddies present! Love the way he said his favourite phrase "Maybe" ! And Aki said maybe and then he said Must Be!! It makes me laugh ..... Sorry, off topic, just sharing my personal view ..... :wub:

Hi Xuexi......Agreed that Carmina gave a good and unbiased comments about the casting of Yutaka Takenouchi and CJW's role in RONDO.

Hey! You must have just finished watching PRIDE doh!!.....and we share the same sentiments on Halu and Aki's portrayal.....simply magnificent and they are the version of KSW + CJW....very well matched!! I watched PRIDE a couple times and must agree that both of them had a good on-screen chemistry too. Kimura Takuya is already an experienced actor and Yuko Takeuchi shot to stardom even before she was casted in Pride.....You should watch her previous dramas....namely Queen of Lunch, Mukodono 2001...her recent drama 2005 ...Grumpy Gene was a bit disappointing but in general quite entertaining. Am currently watching Engine by Kimura......Opps!...gomen nasai....off-topic!!

Carmina dear......

smileytitehug3hh.gif

i just received your sms!! And of course i rush here to see U talking about my latest MAN!! 36_3_7.gif.....

'cos i am awed by his acting ability that spills thru the tube which time i watch his drama.....

but i will not rattle on.....as this thread belong to Jiwoo...

I have not visited this thread for a loong time.....

So here is Jiwoo to greet everybody good morning!! B) B)

CJWCal1.jpg

CJWDec1.jpg

kellee..welcome to CJW thread..

Enjoy your stay and do visit us often and post your views and

comments about our PRINCESS...

Dramalover... thanks! :)

any update 'bout her love life?