Where do you get your fashion/beauty inspiration from?

vena.cava

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mainly get mine from fashion models - off the runway.

I love how simple and subtle, yet chic and edgy their outfits look. Some models for reference are Frida Gustavsson, Monika "Jac" Jagaciak, Josephine Skriver, Ginta Lapina, Cara Delevingne, etc….

Guest Yishi_x

There are a few Asian blogs that I follow like extrapetite and metallic paws who take really nice photos of their outfits. I also like to look at online store photos like yesstyle and would like to get hold of Asian magazines but it's much harder to do so in the UK. But at the end of the day, I don't really follow fashion trends and if I'm in a store and I see something that catches my eye, then I will just try to imagine what I could team that item up with from my existing clothing and whether or not it'll actually look good on me...since not everything that looks nice on a Photoshopped model will look good on me!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I also get alot of my fashion inspiration from K-dramas! The female actors are always dressed so nice ><

another thing that has a huge impact on how i dress is Tumblr lol I follow a ton of fashion blogs on there and there are so many nice photos of really cool outfits that I like to try out and manipulate to fit my style.

Guest Vagabond.

My style icons are Zooey Deschannel, Emily Browning, Florence Welch and Emma Watson. Sometimes, I like draw inspiration from magazines such as Vivi and Ray.

Guest rachilde

I'm mostly inspired by the gamine look, which at times translates into a very minimalist look as it incorporates menswear sensibilities and tailoring. I like the super stream-lined, no-fuss, undone but done look, and I'm not a big fan of anything too feminine or sexy. Bloggers: vanillascented, deadfleurette, carolinesmode. Movies: French New Wave films, Wong Kar Wai movies. Celebrities: Bardot, Hepburn (Audrey and Katherine), Jeanne Damas, Anna Karina, Alexa Chung, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jane Birkin.

andro_milla_std.jpg

dkny8.jpg

dkny9.jpg

evu_jean_seberg_09.jpg

IMGP0203.JPG

img5156122.jpg

Of course, part of me is also really into grunge, punk, and goth but usually that translates more in terms of material (a patent leather skirt, for example, or a plaid flannel shirt) instead of going all out. Stylistically inspiring movies: Trainspotting, The Crow, Sid & Nancy. Inspiring television shows: Sherlock and Nana. Artists: Nirvana, Bauhaus, The Sex Pistols, Courtney Love, The Runaways.

irene.jpg

andrew-scott-moriarty-bbc-sherlock-reichenbach-fall.jpg

936full-trainspotting-screenshot.jpg

Sid-Nancy-gary-oldman-4056802-597-1024.jpg

brandon-lee-the-crow.jpg

Guest sallyen

From the people I see in real life.

I look for people with the same body type as me and if I think it looks cute, I'd try to go after similar items.

I think the internet, lookbook is great, but most of the models/people are tall, slim and that's not really how I look like.

So I find it difficult to trust some of the pictures and also hard to decide if I can pull it off.

• 1 month later...
Guest kfashionplus

I'm a magazine addict so my personal style has been defined by what I see on those glossy pages. But I also go to polyvore and tumblr for inspiration. tumblyvore.tumblr.com actually has both, you should check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived