[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest omgitscrystal

HELP

Any of you download Love Rain HARDSUBBED? :)
I've got all the episodes except for episode 3-5,7-10 :(
Dying to find the left ones.... Help?

Guest prettyoungthing

REVIEW by kpopencarta -  LOVE RAIN Episode No. 20 FINALE

Final Thoughts

Well not quite the ending I expected, but hey happy endings all around right?  Well minus Sun Ho and Mi Ho, but hey minor details.  Personally, I thought the episodes at the end with Hye Jung going crazy about not being able to accept Ha Na were unnecessary and not particularly climactic.  In my mind, rather than that, they should’ve had In Ha and Yoon Hee’s wedding storyline run parallel to her deteriorating condition.  In Ha still would’ve called it off anyway and he still would’ve followed Yoon Hee when she ran off to the US in the middle of the night.  Joon and Ha Na would still end up together as well as they find out about the sacrifice that their parents made.  It also makes Hye Jung’s change in attitude regarding Ha Na less severe after the 1 year time jump. To me, this would’ve been a much more satisfying experience rather than having the story drag like it seemed to for the last few episodes.

I especially did not like that they retracted the whole New York job offer thing for Joon.  In real world time, it was introduced at the end of the last episode and killed off not even 30 minutes later.  That whole scene of theirs at the seaside was definitely unnecessary and didn’t add anything to the story.  All it showed really was that Ha Na really wanted to be with Joon and her mom, which uh is kind of one of the central conflicts in the drama anyway.  It’s fine and all that they want to think about their parents, but your parents already made the sacrifice for you two already by splitting up.  If you’re going to say that it’s not right for you to be together, now that you’ve thought things over and are able to be together, couldn’t you have done that in your earlier soul-searching?  I guess the whole grass-is-green thing comes into play, as does wanting what you can’t have, but still. As least they didn’t flip flop every episode like the characters in “Fashion King”.

What I thought was done very well though was the music and cinematography.  Each OST fit the mood of the scene very well, and I especially enjoyed SNSD’s Tiffany’s song “Because it’s You”.  For me, the soundtrack is a key point in getting me sucked into the drama world and it’s not a coincidence that the dramas that rank highest on my list are also those with the songs that I enjoyed the most.

Posted ImagePosted Image

As I stated in a prior recap, one of the things I was interested in going into the drama was to see how Yoona had progressed as an actress.  I hadn’t seen her prior works where her abilities were raked over the coals so I was curious to see if she’d hold back the rest of the more established actors and actresses.  Based on what I saw though, it seems she made a pretty big leap forward in that regard.  She really couldn’t do much with her role as the wallflower Yoon Hee in the past arc, but I especially enjoyed her portrayal of Ha Na in the present day arc.  Granted, I half feel like she was pretty much being her normal self in most of it, but she showed her range in acting during the more emotional scenes.  I definitely fell in love with her character’s personality and that might be one of the reasons that I was so drawn in by the drama.  Well that and she was ridiculously pretty, especially in the last few episodes, but uh yeah let’s go with the sparkling personality.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The rest of the cast did a remarkable job as well.  Really wish we’d gotten more of Son Eun Seo, but I liked her a lot as past-arc Hye Jung.  Even though I absolutely hated current-arc Hye Jung, I thought that Yu Hye Ri did well by her character. I thought Seo In Guk was a much better Chang Mo than Jeon Sul, if only because the Jeon Sul character was superfluous.  At least both of Kim Shi Hoo’s characters played important roles (past-arc Dong Wook and current-arc Sun Ho).  I especially enjoyed watching Jung Jin Young and Lee Mi Sook’s portrayals of current-arc In Ha and Yoon Hee.  These are definitely two acting veterans who showed the young ones how things should be done.

I thought that this drama did a good job developing the storyline as well as the characters.  Except for the last few episodes, I thought it went at a good pace and you see a good logical progression of Joon and Ha Na’s relationship.  Joon, of course, was the character to change the most as he went from a cold playboy trying to seduce a model with cheesy pickup lines to someone who, uh, seduced a girl with a cheesy proposal?  Okay, maybe he hasn’t changed THAT much, but you definitely see the progress in his relationship with In Ha and Hye Jung because of his interactions with Ha Na.

Posted Image

All in all, I thought that this drama definitely did not deserve the poor ratings that it received, especially when you consider the abomination that was “Fashion King” was getting almost double.  Yes their theme of history repeating itself got kind of annoying at times, but it still provided amusing comparisons for the little things that did differ.  Their continual use of the “love means never having to say you’re sorry” line got on my nerves as well, but as a whole, I still liked this drama.  It definitely served as a calming reprieve from the craziness of “King 2 Hearts“, whose recaps I swear I’ll finish soon.
http://thekpoprage.w...20/#comment-957

Hi Everyone,
Love Rain Episodes 19 - 20 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.
loveRain.jpg
Love Rain Episodes 19-20 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-
URL: darksmurfsub.com...love-rain-2012/
Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project.CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest prettyoungthing

3 Seconds Spoilers

If you intend to watch Love Rain, you’ve been warned. Spoilers galore.

three couplesIn Love Rain, three really is the magic number. Our hero Seo Joon is nicknamed 3-seconds for his ability to get a woman to fall for him in three seconds. (He has several other not-so complimentary nicknames because he’s such a playa, but we won’t go there.)

Seo Joon’s father, Seo In Ha, fell in love with his first love in 3 seconds.

Our oh-so innocent heroine, Jung Ha Na, doesn’t fall in love with Joon in three seconds. But I’m convinced she really should be the one with the 3-seconds moniker. Ha Na gets the ultimate playboy Joon to fall in love with her in three seconds when they meet in Japan.

As a matter of fact, she should probably be called Triple Ha Na. She has three men who fall in love with her–Joon, Joon’s best friend Lee Sun Ho, and her own classmate and best friend, Tae Sung. Ha Na also gets Joon’s trio of employees–Cho Soo (photographer’s assistant), Charles (stylist) and In Sung (cafe worker)–on her side whenever she and Joon argue or break up.

When Joon and Ha Na are in Japan, Ha-Na’s misses him three separate times when trying to get him to return her lost cell phone.

The show features multiple, overlapping love triangles both during the 1970s love story of In Ha and Ha Na’s mother, Yoon Hee, and the modern day love story of Joon and Ha Na.

Heart-warming, heart-breaking and heart-felt. Those all describe the very beautifully done Love Rain.

I could probably pull out more triples. But my three seconds are up.

http://pinkpodster.wordpress.com/2012/06/02/3-seconds-love-rain-spoilers/

Guest prettyoungthing

class="date-header" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; position: relative; font: normal normal bold 14px/normal 'Crimson Text'; color: rgb(63, 63, 63); text-transform: uppercase; min-height: 0px; font-family: serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2012

Review: Love Rain (Episode 5-20)

loverain2.JPG
loverain5.JPGloverain4.JPG
I said last time that I wish they stayed in the 70's setting. Now, I am taking it back. The present is actually more entertaining and enjoyable to watch (except the scenes between the parents). At first, when I saw Jang Geun Suk with his punky look and rude attitude, I was like "Okay, here we go again, looks like we have another You're beautiful here". But I was wrong, in fairness to this drama, though the story is typical, it still has a distinct charm. Thanks to Yoona and Jang Geun Suk's perfect chemistry.       
The 'present' starts just like the usual rom-com Kdrama—love-hate  between the leads, our heroine is dressed up in odd fashion with childish personality (but I think Jang Geun Suk's fashion is more odd, haha), and their never ending encounters.
loverain6.JPG  
loverain50.JPG
Things are not yet interesting on this part. We see Seo Jun constantly complaining and yelling at Ha Na. Let's just have to enjoy the scenery. Just like the past, the present shows a beautiful background, but this time, it's in a winter setting.    
loverain52.JPGloverain7.JPG
Whoa! Diamond snow! It's my first time to hear about diamond snow. Does it really exist? Apparently, there is this myth that if two individuals watch the diamond snow together, they will fall in love and end up together. Yeehee...I always buy stuff like this.    
loverain59.JPG
loverain58.JPGloverain61.JPG
Favorite scene #1
Seo Jun tells Ha Na that he can get a girl in just 3 seconds. He tries his pick up lines to her, but he gets no reaction from Ha Na after counting 1 to 3. Frustrated Seo Jun, "Are you even a girl?!" Haha! Then he asks why girls like the word "first" so much, that when a guy says he's feeling like this for the first time, most girls fall for it. Ha Na then moves closer to him and starts telling him how her mother couldn't get over her first love. "I want to love like that too." She looks at him eye to eye, "One, two, three...Just like that?". Gotcha! He got smitten in 3 seconds just like his father. Haha.  
loverain66.JPGloverain8.JPG
loverain67.JPG
loverain13.JPGloverain12.JPG
Ha Na is an exchange student in Japan. She is studying there with two other Koreans. One is her sunbae Tae Sung. 
loverain15.JPGCrushy #1
Sunbae Tae Sung is like a best friend and brother to Ha Na. He's always there to help and support her. He provides comfort and security. Waah! Boyfriend material!
loverain16.JPG
loverain21.JPGloverain22.JPG
Back in Korea, Seo Jun and Ha Na meet again. He goes to her place to convince her to be his model for a jewelry brand, he explains that the client specifically asks for her. Tae Sung comes in  to talk to Ha Na. Seo Jun stops her, "If you go with him and abandon me again, it's over between us". What?! Are you even together? 
loverain25.JPG
Ha Na's first heartbreak. She asks if it's true that sunbae has a girlfriend. He says the girl is not his girlfriend but someone that has been arranged to marry him since he was little. 
"I liked you a bit for a very long time. I know you think of me as a friend, but I just...It's okay. I can't give up on you right away, but don't worry, I'll be fine."
loverain28.JPGloverain26.JPG
Crushy #2
Sun Ho is Ha Na's new found friend. He's warm, friendly and soft-hearted. He is the exact opposite of Dong Wook, his character in the past. I love you Kim Si Hoo!    
loverain30.JPG
loverain01.JPGloverain02.JPG
Problem #1 
In Ha (Jun's father) and Yoon Hee (Ha Na's mother) meet again and they are not yet totally over each other. Oh dear father, please move on and just cherish the memories of the past.    loverain31.JPG
loverain32.JPGloverain33.JPG
Seo Jun confesses his feelings but Ha Na's confused to what he's saying. He promises to be nice to her starting that day. 
He helps her look for an apartment. He tries hard to control his temper (which is not so him). Good boy!     
loverain34.JPGloverain35.JPG
loverain36.JPG
lr1.JPGlr2.JPG
He has totally fallen for her. Look how he stares at her picture. 

lr3.JPGlr4.JPG
Welcome party for Ha Na. The whole gang (except for Jun) celebrates and they have some drinking session. Jun secretly joins the 'sense game', sees if he and Ha Na think alike. Haha! 
lr01.JPGlr02.JPG
The first kiss. Drunk Ha Na talks to Jun. She says Jun wear nice clothes, has a pretty face, makes a lot of money and an richard simmons so she can't trust him. "What I'm saying is I'm scared...so stop saying I dumped you!" 
He gives her a peck on the lips when she passed out.  
lr03.JPGlr04.JPG
The real first kiss. 
"Don't forget this one. I'm really going to do it. You can back out if you want. 1, 2, 3"
lr06.JPG
They are not officially together yet (even they already kissed haha), but they call and text each other like a real couple.

Jun asked Ha Na to think about it within the week. .     

lr10.JPG
lr11.JPG

Tired from work, Jun rests his back on her. Sweet :)
lr12.JPG
The next day, sunbae came and he's asking her to go back to the garden. Jealous Jun drags her away from sunbae.  
lr13.JPGlr14.JPG
Problem #1.1
After the accident, Yoon Hee realizes how much she cares for In Ha. She decides to accept In Ha in her life again.  
lr15.JPG
Meanwhile, their kids Ha Na and Jun are now officially a couple. Sweeet moments!
lr16.JPGlr19.JPG
lr18.JPG
lr21.JPGlr23.JPG
Problem #1.2
Jun finds out that Ha Na's mom is his dad's first love, the reason of his parents' divorce. 
lr24.JPGlr26.JPG
lr27.JPGlr30.JPG
He asks Ha Na if her mom's happiness is the most important to her. She says yes. After hearing that, he breaks up with her without saying any reason.    
lr33.JPGlr34.JPG
This scene is heartbreaking. She begs him not to break up with her and asks why he's doing this.  
lr35.JPGlr36.JPG
lr37.JPGlr39.JPG
Sunbae to the rescue. Jun keeps ignoring Ha Na. Now, Tae Sung tries to give his shot. 
lr40.JPG
He tells Ha Na that he already broke up with his fiancee. He asks her to be by his side.  
lr42.JPGlr41.JPG
Too late, Ha Na is now in love with Jun and is trying to win him back. 
lr43.JPGlr45.JPG
Jun still refuses to tell her the reason of their break up. Until....
lr46.JPG
Jun finally tells her that Professor Seo is his abeoji. 
lr48.JPGlr49.JPG
lr50.JPGlr51.JPG
The worst— parents decide to get married. Poor Ha Na pretends to be okay with their decision.
lr52.JPG
lr53.JPGlr54.JPG
lr57.JPG
lr58.JPGlr59.JPG
It's his father's birthday, they celebrate together as one family. Awkward. 
lr60.JPG
Problem #2 
Ha Na's mom's vision gets worse and she might go blind completely. Since it's PD Yeon Suk Ho's drama, expect things like this. Remember 'Winter Sonata'? 
lr61.JPG
In Ha finds out about Jun and Ha Na. Yoon Hee worries about her sickness and doesn't want to be  a burden to In Ha. They decide to call off the wedding.     
lr62.JPGlr63.JPG
loverain001.JPG
The kids are back together. She feels sorry for her mom though.   
loverain002.JPGloverain004.JPG
loverain003.JPG
loverain008.JPG
loverain011.JPGloverain12.JPG
Problem #3
Jun's mom learned about their relationship, and is totally against it. 
loverain13.JPGloverain14.JPG
Ha Na is told about her mom's condition.
loverain16.JPG
The parents decide to stay friends. Jun grants his father's request—to have their picture taken by him. 
loverain17.JPG
loverain18.JPGloverain19.JPG
loverain20.JPG
Months later....
Ha Na just got back from the US. Her mom's surgery was successful. She regularly visits Jun's house to water the plants she gave to his mom. I like the happy atmosphere here. Hehe. She tries to be close to Jun's mom even though she doesn't approve of their relationship yet.     
Jun's mom talks to them. She says she was asked if Jun lives with a girl in his studio. Jun tells her not to worry since he doesn't live in the studio. Ha Na says she'll look for another place to stay then.
"Just get married. Just get married before there are false rumors. " Whoa, I didn't expect that to come from her.     
loverain22.JPGloverain27.JPG
The steamy kiss! Yiii! We seldom see a good kiss like this in Kdramas. I think this will be one of my favorite Kdrama kiss scenes. Jang Geun Seuk and Yoona are like real couple. Sweeetest!
loverain23.JPGloverain24.JPG
The proposal. They watch together the video of diamond snow, then he proposes to her. 
"I want to see you change. I want to see us change. I want to watch together. What about you? Will you...marry me?"
Then the song plays..."Sallang sallang sallang deullyeo-oneun bissori. Duguen dugeun duguen dugeun tteollyeo-oneun nae-gaseum..."
loverain28.JPG
The wedding day. Ha Na is in her beautiful wedding dress while Jun wears his white tux. And they lived happily ever after.  
"Sarangeun bicheoreom. Pogeunhaetdeon bomcheoreom. Nareul kkumkkugehae nuni datneun...."
loverain30.JPGloverain31.JPG

Wow, Yoona has improved a lot in acting! I always thought idol singers can't really act and are just overrated. I appreciate Jang Geun Suk's acting but I just didn't like his previous projects (and the characters he played)—You're Beautiful, Marry Stayed Out All Night, You're My Pet. Though his character is not so different from before, he has a different charm here. Maybe because Seo Jun is more sweet than Tae Kyung? I don't know, I only got to like him again after this drama. The last time I adored Jang Geun Suk and was so gaga over him (before Love Rain) was when he played Eun Ho in Hwang Jin-i.
Rating 7/10  
If only they didn't prolong it and not stayed in the same conflict too long, maybe I''ll give 9 or 10. It's better if it's only a 16-episode drama. 
Overall, it has good acting (except for Jun's father), very good cinematography, perfect music, but the plot lacks direction.

Guest mind.love

Hey everyone!

I love reading everyone opinions. And that more people are posting comments about LR.

Its so weird not having new episodes this week. I think I'll do a marathon since I still miss this drama so much.

Guest mind.love

Im going to double post since I can't edit, but I just rewatched episode 20. Did you guys noticed Ha Na's Diamond Snow necklace?! I was wondering the whole time if she actually threw it away. But she didn't!

Guest joseventy

I love this drama soooooo much. Yesterday I watched it all day, in the begining I keep smiling, but then I cry. Only good drama can make viewer smile and cry, right? It's really hurt me to see the ratings, why so little peolpe in Korea watch it. But then, it's their loss, right.

Guest omgitscrystal

Any idea when will the DVD be sold at different countries? I really wanna get it hahaha xD Gonna support this drama as long as I can :)

Guest prettyoungthing

MAY 30, 2012 · 8:51 PM class="entry-title" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; font-weight: inherit; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-size: 28px; line-height: 33px; font-family: Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "
love_rain1.jpg?w=500&h=302Review: Love Rain (사랑비)

synopsis4.jpg?w=500&h=52

In the 1970s Seo in Ha (Jang Geun Suk) and Kim Yoon Hee (Yoona) meet at university and fall in love. However, countless obstacles separate them. Forty years later Seo In Ha’s son, Seo In Joon, falls in love with a young girl. Her name is Jung Ha Na and she is Kim Yoon Hee’s daughter. Will Seo in Joon and Im Yoon Ha be able to surmount all the problems surrounding their relationship or will they have to give under to their parents’ eternal love for each other?

love-rain-03.jpg?w=500

story2.jpg?w=500&h=52

The story line was relatively easy to follow. It was a calm story that advanced quite slowly.  Competing with Fashion King that aired in the same time slot, I think this was a huge weakness. Fashion King, which had a lot higher ratings, advanced very quickly so there was a lot of drama and action that Love Rain was missing. Although I personally liked the slow pace, I admit that I might have been more hooked if it had been faster, and hence more shocking, in the dramatic moments.

The story also had quite a bit of humour and generally it was a feel-good kind of story that made me happy to follow.

acting2.jpg?w=500&h=52

I admit that I started watching this drama because Jang Geun Suk plays the main character. Before watching it I was worried about Yoona’s acting ability as I had only seen her in Cinderella Man. However, Yoona positively surprised me. The chemistry between her and Jang Geun Suk was believable and I think that the cast was great and well chosen.

I do however think that Kim Si Hoo (who plays Lee Dong Wook and Lee Sun Ho) seemed quite awkward in a couple of scenes. But overall everyone did very well.

originality2.jpg?w=500&h=52

I felt like it was the sort of storyline that I had seen a hundred times before. That isn’t all a bad thing but it does take the element of surprise away from the story. Recently I have been surprised by the way k-dramas develop (take Fashion King and The King 2 Hearts as examples) but Love Rain was quite predictable. Yet Love Rain had something that I felt that Fashion King really missed: the characters changed over the course of the story, and what a pleasure it was to see them change.

I also think that the way in which the story was told was quite original and I was impressed with how well the scenes in the 70s were done. When watching the first couple of episodes I really did feel like I was in Korea in the 70s. This gave the drama a lot of believability.

overall2.jpg?w=500&h=52

If you are in the mood for a sweet and cute love story then I definitely recommend this drama!

117.png?w=500&h=250

Archived