[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest mind.love

Guys, what is a chance we might get a Seo Jun and Ha Na wedding at the end??

I keep watching the market place scene. They are so cute and sweet!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest taranutan

This is the first drama that makes me wake up at 5am to watch it fresh with sub. Sigh. Anyway... some random thoughts:

As sakki said above, Joon is a different person in this ep -- a bit jarring if you asked me, not enough buildup. So much giving from him -- notice the detail of him bringing a cup of tea to his mom, and his softer treatment of his assistants.

The couple looked really haggard in that lake fog scene. The producer must had made them wake up at 4am to film it :-(

Hana and Joon going to the parents on each other's behalf is a little reminiscent of The Gift of the Magi.

Guest Asianatic

This is the first drama that makes me wake up at 5am to watch it fresh with sub. Sigh. Anyway... some random thoughts:

As sakki said above, Joon is a different person in this ep -- a bit jarring if you asked me, not enough buildup. So much giving from him -- notice the detail of him bringing a cup of tea to his mom, and his softer treatment of his assistants.

The couple looked really haggard in that lake fog scene. The producer must had made them wake up at 4am to film it :-(

Hana and Joon going to the parents on each other's behalf is a little reminiscent of The Gift of the Magi.

I guess  now he has Hana, he's feeling expansive and generous. Also his father's sacrifice is making him unconsciously nicer? He always felt abandoned by his Dad's fixation on his first love and blamed him for his mother 's unhappiness and bitterness.....but now his Dad has made this great gesture .....the inner child in him is for the first time feeling cared for ?  I never liked how he treated his assistants....I am glad he's becoming more sensitive. 

My fav' part of a drama is the romantic part...that's why I was one of the few ones who enjoyed the angst so much but once.......the couple come together...It's the end for me......I go looking for another drama. Can someone recommend another intensely romantic drama? 

About JGS and Yoona looking exhausted at the fog/lake scene.....It makes sense for the story.....Things are weighing heavily on their mind....So it was smart maybe to do the shoot so early. I like JGS without too much embellishments. He's got such a nice unique face but sometimes they dress him OTT. 

Guest prettyoungthing

I love how Hana & Joon give each other that look and stare with so much TLC - Tender, Loving, Care :wub: If you observe clearly, despite their smiles, the eyes still got that certain sadness, always at the state of tearing but not quite. I love that the PD chose this direction as opposed to dramas where tears are almost always overflowing. In Love Rain, the characters, are as much as they could HOLD THEIR TEARS. Its much more painful for me.

201205220757777176_1.jpg

Guest Asianatic

Isn't it annoying that IH and HJ have been divorced for 10 years but she still behaves like she owns him? He needs to stop it. I think he probably feels bad and guilty so he keeps putting up with her behavior. He's just to nice for his own good. I think once he knows about YH's blindness he'll finally wake up and be more assertive. He's just so passive and lets things happen. It's almost funny how she drops in on IH and YH like they are best friends. 

Guest Tarits

tessieroo - I cracked when you tagged the bad mom as "botox pinkberry".  Your tag is 100% accurate!  Only 3 episodes to go!!!!

~ hmmmm, someone posted (i don't know who) where's the place that Seo Joon and Hana went to, i read it yesterday in an article that it's in Hongcheon, in the province of Gangwon-do (that's also where the beach scenes are - Mansang seaside) ^_^ hmmm, that's probably a mountain resort they went to (just like that little prince french village in sega)

Sorry for cutting your post ...

... so am I!

~ yeah, it's ok . . . at least we agree on this he he he :D

~ hopefully, writer-nim will develop more Joon's character in order to transcend into adulthood in this remaining episodes . . . oh, i almost forgot - i also hope that the witch mother will be exposed on what wrong doings that she may have done in the past and to her soon, then if redemption to her comes she can accept her son's relationship with Hana

Asianic ~ this is off-topic: have you tried some older dramas like Beautiful Days? . . . anyway, i agree that the writer-nim is just letting HJ bully In Ha just like she always does. i hope this would change tomorrow . . . i mean that is enough to put up fro more that ten years already . . . he should learn from Hana - STAND UP and answer back to HJ please

I love how Hana & Joon give each other that look and stare with so much TLC - Tender, Loving, Care :wub: If you observe clearly, despite their smiles, the eyes still got that certain sadness, always at the state of tearing but not quite. I love that the PD chose this direction as opposed to dramas where tears are almost always overflowing. In Love Rain, the characters, are as much as they could HOLD THEIR TEARS. Its much more painful for me.

*quoted image*

~ emotionally, it is much more painful indeed not to let your tears fall . . . you feel this heart crunching, cannot breath thing when you're holding all the feelings inside . . . that's why psychologically-wise, for me, i would advise to let all the hurt, love, sadness, happiness they feel pour out in terms of tears, shouting or punching a sandbag in order to relieved the stress :lol:

Just another whim to add this:

Who'll Stop The Rain by CCR

Thanks everyone for the links, pics, and spoilers....thanks cococrust, lyra_brillantez, prettyoungthing, semi-fly for the information..sorry to the people I forgot....but thank you for taking the time and making the drama so interesting to watch! :P

I managed to finish Ep. 17 just now and well....all I can think of is...ay......I have so much things to say and so much worries about the series that I don't even know how to start.

I really hope that Joon stays with Hana through thick and thin because he tried so hard to make Hana go to him and now that she does, I really hope he isn't the one to want to let go in the end because of everything he sees. As for Hana, I hope she does the same, she said that it was hard for her to make a decision on things and since now that she did make a decision, I hope she stays with it. I really want to see this couple work through the problems and not run away every time things go bad. Yes, love isn't everything, especially at the expense of everyone else. But, as much as I feel sooooo sorry for the older couple, they seem to want their children to go together. If that is the case, I really want Joon and Hana to stay together or it would be a waste of energy for their parents to give up their love for them.

I really love the older couple too. I'm biased and love the younger couple more. I feel that the older couple, again, really doesn't need to marry each other to be together...I mean they could be really close friends for each other...yes, they can't kiss or hold hands, but hugging isn't bad. If they get together, then the younger couple will marry other people and not be happy and keep thinking about their first love, it would just mean that the cycle doesn't end. At least now, for IH, his son is starting to understand him and not hate him any more.

I really like Hana with straight hair and Joon with his hair not tied up. It looks nice on them.

I really don't like Joon's mother......I really really really hope she loves her son enough to let him be happy. All she ever did was put blame on him for her bad marriage and always tries to control everyone around her. She needs to just let go of IH and her son and maybe go with the guy that likes her.

Ep. 17 was so cute!! All the lovey dovey scenes in one episode! I just wish it stays like that till the end.

Just three more episodes to go and well, the ride for Joon and Hana will not go swell for them, I just hope they don't give up on each other. How come I keep feeling they will break up and go back together like a few years later? I really hope that doesn't happen. Too painful....

Guest ladymoon

201205221136369560.jpg

cre: as tagged

I enjoy ep 17 so much!!! They're so sweet and romantic. I can see from Jun's eyes that he loves Hana so much and so does Hana. Their back hug, holding hands, conversations.... :wub:

2 obstacles for Jun & Hana now is Yoonhee's blindness and Hyejung -_- Jun knew about Yoonhee's illness, Hana and Inha will find out soon. On the other hand, Hyejung forces Jun to marry Miho. Does she really want her son to be miserable like his dad? OMG!! This woman is really hopeless <_<

Hana cries in the ep 18 preview, please don't make the young couple break up once again. Now it's time for them to face reality and become stronger. 5 episodes of their broken hearts and tears were too enough for me :tears: there are only 3 more episodes, I hope the PD and writer will give us a satisfied ending :P

Guest jdkk09

Those of you with really good memories, can you remember what the significance of the rain was?  I tried looking for it earlier in the thread and couldn't find it.  

I remember in an early episode with Joon and Hana when he told her he didn't like the rain and hated getting wet.  

In this episode at the runaway place, when it starts to rain, Hana said it's raining let's go in.  And Joon said no I want to stay here.  

JGS is a great hugger.  He puts his whole being into the hug.  There was a few times I wanted Hana to just give him a kiss, cause he was so sweet in this episode.

I don't think Joon will give in to the pressure from Miho or his mother.  I feel like the rest of the drama will deal with how Joon and Hana work together through the difficulties.  Something Inha and Yoonhee weren't able to do in the 70's.

Again very beautiful scenes to look at.  Thanks to you all for you posts.

Those of you with really good memories, can you remember what the significance of the rain was?  I tried looking for it earlier in the thread and couldn't find it.  

I remember in an early episode with Joon and Hana when he told her he didn't like the rain and hated getting wet.  

In this episode at the runaway place, when it starts to rain, Hana said it's raining let's go in.  And Joon said no I want to stay here.  

Sorry to cut your post ... I can't remember the significance but I think it is on episode 8.

Guest Trafford3Devil

I think I know where the plot is leading to now...  

For everything to be resolved ultimately it's not going to be Yoon-hee, JooNa or Hye-jung that dies but In-ha.  If not death then maybe an epic sacrifice like giving his eyes to Yoon-hee.  It'll take something of this magnitude for Joon to heal his scars as well.

The man couldn't let go of his love for 30 years and even now it's killing him to let Yoon-hee go but he doesn't really show it.  Like Yoon-hee said he's an introvert, it's difficult for him to express his emotions.  I think we got a tiny insight when we saw his untidy apartment.  He's bottling so much emotion, it just has to be released...

Guest eeldeerlove

patiently waiting for the english sub. :)

That control freak mom of Seo Joon is getting on my nerves. I really can't understand why In Ha is so very submissive all these years.

Guest caryl97

i can't help but think that love rain has a lot of korean viewers. i know that the ratings are low which means that there are less people who watch it but whenever it broadcasts, it will always trend or be the most searched term in korean websites. there's got to be a reason why it is trending and that's because a lot more koreans are watching more than what we imagined when we look at the ratings

just stating my opinion though, besides, tv is not the only mean to watch shows and i don't think everyone has the time to watch tv, instead, they watch live streams on phones or if they are really busy, might just watch it later on online websites.. once again, just stating my opinion :))))

back to the drama.... lovey dovey moments are back and i'm really touched by the scene when hana wore the ring on joon's finger. looking at their eyes, it's like they are making their vows to be together no matter what happens... 

anticipating for tonight's ep and very glad to see hana standing up and being brave to fight for the person she love... 

Fellow Love Rain fans, Ep 18 starting soon!!! 10pm KST 

Link here http://goo.gl/tRIvs

*quoted image*

~ thanks for the link of live recaps

~ COUNTDOWN to EPISODE 18

caryl97 ~ you are correct though . . . tv now is not the only means to watch TV shows and in a wired country like Korea, you can watch your shows while riding the bus or train home

Archived