[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

OMG! just finished watching episode 14! wahhh! i dont wanna wait couple more days til 15 and 16! its getting intense!!! and I wanna see a preview for 15th episode! ugghh! i hate it when they do that...they just wanna create a bigger suspense! :(:(

Love Rain EP.15 Preview http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/loverain/view/preview/index.html

translation please... :):)

I am glad that Love Rain has only 6 remaining episodes. It is only 20 episodes, not 24 and will end towards the end of May. It will be replaced by the drama "Big of GYoo". I said I am glad because how else will the storyline go if it exceeds more than 20?  I want to see the young lovers happy regardless of whatever circumstance they are in. In Ojakgyo Brothers. the two leads had no blood relation but was like a "family" but they got married at the end. I hope LR will do the same. Make the viewers like me happy and shorten my anticipation. Then I will buy the dvd and rewatch it in comfort and joy at home in my large tv screen!

Those who do not follow this drama like some of my friends who do not include this in the dramas they watch, I tell them they are missing a lot!  How could the PD and writer of Winter Sonata, Spring Waltz, etc. go wrong?  Their projects are all beautiful and LR is another beautiful love story. The OST alone is to die for!

Totally agree with you on that one! I think shorter dramas are better coz if they try to extend it the whole storyline just gets ruined! hehehehehhe! I just hope in the end both couples will be married! doesnt even matter, they aren't even blood related! so why not right? hehehehheh! :):)

I also agree with regards to OST! first time I heard it, I had to download it right away and kept on listening to it :):)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. I think it is time time to stop to be a silent reader.

i had a bad experience on the blog of dramabeans. I intend to defend this great drama but everobody said me is crap, boring vintage, old, yoona bad actress. I alwawys believe dramabeans and girlfriday know how to recognize a good drama; but it's not the case for this great drama.

Love rain is really brillant with a great story, a great cast, a great cinematography (the arri alexa is truly the best camera, all the drama should use it);

I am happy everobody in this forum likes and discuss of this drama.

GETOBA, Pls join us and and hope to hear your views about this drama.

I really like Kpop but not so into Kdrama. In the past I did watched & liked a few Kdramas but Kdrama is still not my cup of tea as it is just too corny.  the last one i watched is Dream High (not into DH 2).  Anyway I really wanted to watch Love Rain as I like Yoona and Jang Keun Suk.  I didn't watch 3 of the 1st 4 episodes but then started to watch eps 5 on til 13th.  So far the script is not particularly out of general Kdrama storylines but the whole drama is fun and joyful to watch even it is sad also. 

Here is my prediction for the ending,

i don't know how the ending will be but it's has already given the viewers a hint.  I think it is on episode 9 or 10 (I can't recall),  the mother (Yoon Hee) kept getting her eyes checked up by doc and was told it was getting worse rapidly.  that's the twist the dircector would probably use for the ending.  In another word, what the story goes is that the mother (Yoon Hee) might get seriously sick and eventually dies.  If that is the right prediction, the young couple would eventually get together and the old couple would be seperated (by the death of Yoon Hee).  Another possible ending would be the old couple don't get married (I can see there will be some troubles for them in the next coming episodes (i don't how many more eps 22 total??)) but will go back to the States together due to Yoon Hee's health issue. As for the young couple will be together due to that reason.

end of rant.

p.s.  I watched til the 13th episode and so my comment above is all based on the storyline til the 13th.

Scenes in EP14 is my hint that the old couple will not get married. They will just give their blessings to the young couple to get married. The parents do not want to let Seo Jun and Hanna to suffer what they have suffered and eventually regret for the rest of their life. LOVE MEANS NEVER HAVING TO SAY SORRY, but they are saying sorry now because of the consequences.

Guest gloria

maybe in ha is not giving up on yoon hee because what hana might have said to him. they showed what hana and in ha talked when they first met. perhaps in ha already knew about yoon hee's sickness...could be that she's dying??

I think this drama is great, no wait, I KNOW its great. However the way its now goint is annoying. Why cant we get the cute stuff like in ep 5 till 8/10? Now, we only see SJ dissing HN with pain in his heart and HN saying its okay with that annoying smile as if she is about to cry (I understand her though) but then she goes after him a minute later. This is repeating the whollllllllleeeeeee time which is kinda a turn off. She has become a stingy lady. Dont be offended , cuz I mean its the fault of the directors. They did everything GREAT WONDERFUL except they went to fast in this SJ/Hana relationship. I couldnt believe her when she told SJ she loves him that much. I was like yeahh right....I couldnt see how she fell in love with him...the kiss and nothing else...

I felt her feelings more when she was in love with her Sunbae. And it would be more wonderful if he was indeed her first love and not only a crush.

Still gonna watch this one cuz its better than some other crappy drama;s like DH2

Thanks for the link to the synopsis.

I was half expecting inha to act that way. The reason for the rush of the wedding could mean two things, he is either supportive of his son or not.

I'm not surprised after reading the preview because he lost and "suffered" for many years when yoonhee left and now that he found her he will not let her go for the second time. Frankly, the first person in inha's life is yoonhee, he didnt seem to really care much about his son based on their relationship. therefore, I expect him to be selfish about his love considering they started years ago and had only met again now. But, maybe that will change soon?

I agree with what SJ said, SJ-HN should have told them from the start, but SJ decided for Hana that its best to break up. Felt that it is probably best for him to tell her and talk to her about it. Although he just wanted to protect her from hurting but why didnt he think of when hana knows? Cause the way I see it, he decided and broke up with her, then when she knows he asked her to decide (but then decided again for her).

I actually think the person who can stop all this is Yoonhee and maybe hana too. Its only if Hana tells her mom about it and if yoonhee knows she will put a stop to this. Yoonhee loves hana. She will not put her happiness first before hana. Because before the minor accident she was determined to not get back with inha.

For knowing causing hurt to the kids, I dont think she will be happy with inha if she finds out that he knew then rushed with the wedding because of that.

Anyway, only time (and a few more episodes) will tell.

I just finished watching episode 14. I haven't decided what I'm feeling about it yet but an someone explain to me or help me understand the honorifics of how HN and SJ addressed they mothers is so different?

Guest Tarits

kat_t - I listen to the OST at home, while driving to work, plays it softly too at work.  I particularly love JGS song. I love his voice. During the confrontation scene with the "b" mom where she splashed water to the other one, I I was muttering to myself, telling the dad - come on - speak up, defend your position, defend your love. Have the b___ls to speak up. Be angry, etc. etc. etc. (Sigh.)  But I guess the writer wanted him to be the meek and softspoken suitor, father and soon to be groom again. If the wedding pushes through is anyone's guess now. But one thing I hope for, this drama should end on a happy note. I am an ahjumma but gosh, when JGS sheds tears, I too sheds tears. When Yoona cries, I too cries. Gosh, what have k dramas done to me?  To us?   6 more episodes to go.  Can the days come quickly please?

are they going to release another ost for new songs that are played in recent episodes?

kat_t - I listen to the OST at home, while driving to work, plays it softly too at work.  I particularly love JGS song. I love his voice. During the confrontation scene with the "b" mom where she splashed water to the other one, I I was muttering to myself, telling the dad - come on - speak up, defend your position, defend your love. Have the b___ls to speak up. Be angry, etc. etc. etc. (Sigh.)  But I guess the writer wanted him to be the meek and softspoken suitor, father and soon to be groom again. If the wedding pushes through is anyone's guess now. But one thing I hope for, this drama should end on a happy note. I am an ahjumma but gosh, when JGS sheds tears, I too sheds tears. When Yoona cries, I too cries. Gosh, what have k dramas done to me?  To us?   6 more episodes to go.  Can the days come quickly please?

hahahhaha! I actually love na yoon kwon's song :) soo catchy! but of course I wouldnt miss JGS's song too! :):) I knoww!! seriously! I was shocked the dad just didnt do anything and let that "b" mom talk and talk! OMG! seriously everytime I see her in the episode, I get soo mad! hahahhahaha! Ohh dont worry about it! I too shed tears! But thats a good thing though, it just proves how well the actors/actress portray their role! I just cant seem to understand why this drama has low ratings though..What is wrong with the others? this drama is indeed well written even the cinematography is so good! oh yes! 6 more episodes to go! OMG!! I cannot wait! I just really hope and pray that the last episode would be something really good. I hate it when the ending is super short, I want an ending that'll make us remember this drama forever and ever! HAHHAHAHHAHA :D

Guest omgitscrystal

Oh sheez, just read the written preview. I can totally understand why Inha is being selfish and not letting in so easily - He has been waiting for Yoonhee for 30 years, this is true love. No wonder he arranged the marriage to be earlier. Ah, like what @p!nk22 says, I also do think YoonHee is the only one who's able to stop the relationship and let Hana have happiness. This woman is so filled with love and generosity, someone who doesn't mind sacrificing her own love for the daughter she loves as much. I think that's why I have so much respect for her.

Hmm, if the story doesn't go this way, I can't really expect another path for it hahaha. Producers, surprise us again with your creativity! :)

so big (gong yoo,suzy) who replaced love rain airing at 4 june (i hope this is false rumour)

that means only 3 weeks more and just 20 eps (not 24 eps)

any info about this,gosh this drama is so good,i think there would be any drama same like this again

i must say jgs and yoona did briliant in this drama,and of course all eyes on yoona

btw yoona appeared in happy together,i wish all cast of love rain appeared in this show

Happy Together - YoonA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uA4gG6zbZlQ

she questioned about kissing scenes with jgs,and she answered that she avoid/doesnt want have scandal

with jgs (well thats better)

Guest Tarits

So episode 15 will be a sad episode? More tears? More heartaches? My heart is saying skip this episode, my brain is saying go and watch it. Ah...  I still say episode 20 come quickly please!!!

Guest ibtissam22

omg i just saw this news on nate they talk about how popular love rain in asia and other contries and it was sold in 12 countries

http://news.nate.com/view/20120511n05028

i translate it in google

http://translate.google.co.ma/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.nate.com%2Fview%2F20120511n05028

Guest barbarale3

If you have a smart phone, then go download the Love Rain App. !! An announcement via the app states that the LR ending is still undecided. Go leave your thoughts!! 1nz042.png

~ I finally finished watching episodes 13 and 14 with English subs . . . and I have watched it several times before posting here . . . it seems that my brain cannot fully comprehend what have happened in these episodes so easily . . . and my heart cannot accept what have happened to my OTP (hu hu hu) . . . until now, it is still aching and my tears welled up in my eyes every time I watched SJ and HN breaking up . . .

~ for the older couple, I am happy that things are going so well for them . . . the beach proposal was nice but the garden proposal coupled with singing, flowers and ring was so romantic . . . I like the present day InHa, he really pursue what he wants and doesn’t back down in all adversity (whether it is HJ or SJ) . . . it seems that all those suppressed emotions from way back then are all coming out now and always wants to be with YH whenever he can be . . . I love watching the two of them walking down the beach, it is such a beautiful scene with the footprints and all – at least this time they are talking . . . but with the way things are going (and reading at the preview of episode 15), the wedding’s gonna push through . . . it seems that InHa is really determined to have YH despite the knowledge of his son in love with Hana . . . but if truth is revealed to YH, I think that she would prefer Hana’s happiness over her own (referring to what she said in episode 6) . . . I just hope that the producers, PD and writer would give us a surprise on what twist on the story (as to what they have done in the past episodes) . . .

~ SJ and HN, this is a cruel fate for both of them . . . being siblings . . . seeing each other on family occasions, hearing about each other lives from time to time, watching each other get to fall in love again (if they ever get to overcome their feelings for each other), get married & have children . . . hmmm, do you think they would be able to get over each other if their parents really get married? For me, I think not. Just think about this – would an apple tree bear an orange fruit? I think SJ is way too much like his father, once he has fallen in love to one person, he will most likely do it his whole life . . . but I think he would not make a mistake of marrying someone he doesn’t love or get married just for spite (as he has experience with both his parents), maybe that’s why he said the I can’t imagine himself loving one person for 30 years ~ which he is likely to do if he is really like his dad – but then again, I don’t think he keep his feelings on hold for long . . . as for Hana – I don’t know how deep is her love for SJ, but considering that he is her first love and her first in almost everything, maybe too she will have a hard time forgetting him . . . but, I think she is much more resilient that SJ that she is willing to be “just” family with him . . . but, with feelings of love and longings for each other, can the two of them really keep away from each other? . . . maybe fate and destiny can intervene, huh? . . . just like in the book “The Alchemist”, everything in the universe connives and points you to the path of your destiny of what your heart truly desires . . . or should

~ HJ – I just hope that she can find forgiveness and peace within her heart

~ Sun Ho – this character is the one I LOVE the most . . . so endearing and a very good friend, too . . . my heart always melts whenever he is on screen and me swooning right after . . . I would just love to have a “listening wall” like him in my room ;) . . . this would really keep me from doing my papers works though . . . as far as his character goes in these 2 episodes, I am a bit afraid that he might really fall in love with Hana . . . I mean, he was really trying very hard to cheer her up . . . ahhh, Sun Ho-shii, just stay the way you are and don’t get yourself involved in the emotional tangles of your 2 chingus . . .

~ MH and JS – hmmm, two would be a nice pair . . . their personalities are contradictory to each other . . . might be 2 pieces of puzzles that might fit . . .

~ overall: the drama still keeps me on my toes, I can’t just get out of the feelings of angst, anticipation, excitement and being enthralled by it every week . . . from the cinematography, to the sceneries, to emotions of the characters, to the great OSTs . . . it seems that my longings for every Monday and Tuesdays are getting more and more bigger that I would wish for the rest of the days to go by swiftly . . .

Guest dramalover12

Love Rain’ to be Exported to Over 12 Countries and Regions Globally 

It was revealed the broadcasting rights to Jang Keun Suk and Yoona’s Love Rain has been sold to twelve different countries and regions including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, the Americas and Europe. Love Rain previously made headlines in Japan after the broadcasting right for the drama was sold even before the drama began airing in Korea. 

Even among the Korean contents available at the content market, MIPTV, which took plast in April in France’s Cannes, Love Rain was the most sought after Korean content.

Regarding its popularity, the drama’s production said, “Following the new that the [broadcasting rights] have been sold in Asia, the Americas and Europe, the actors and the staff are feeling a greater sense of responsibility and working even harder. Please continue to give us your support.”

Credit: enews

I am truly happy that the rating in Korea is not having a major affect on Love Rain being sold internationally. I think someone in few pages back said that KBS and the Love Rain production team already know that the drama was  going to appeal to the international audience more then the  Korean audience. 

This Hye Jeong keeps threatening In Ha that she'd keep Jun away from him.

What the? Jun is an adult with free choice. How can she use Jun like that?

Scriptwriter, can't you think come up with something else aside from Jun?

As if In Ha cares enough about Jun. In Ha's been living in his bubble world

for decades.

Guest jjangsic

Hana is getting so damn annoying. She keeps saying/acting like her mom's happiness is her happiness but she keeps following Jun, acting like doesn't want to break up. If she really wants her mom to be happy, she should just forget Jun and go out with Taesung, who is now ready for her. And like some of people here, I still don't get since when she fells in love with Jun that much? Well, he is the first for her in everything but don't you think that's quite unreasonable? You fell for someone that much, crying a lot for someone because of this reason? and especially it happened in such a short time? Now I think 5% of Korean viewers keep watching this drama because of the older couple, Inha and Yoonhee. Some watching probably because they want to see JGS's excellent acting skill, while some of Yoona fans on Twitter I see can't even bear to watch her weak character anymore, they want strong Hana back, this Hana we're watching is just too pathetic.

I hope they make the happy ending for the older couple, they've waited for each other for such a long time, they have enough reason and deserve to be together.Just my opinion though.

Archived