[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Hi everyone :)

I'm glad to know the ratings have increased even though slightly is also good news. The story is getting better and better but can foresee in the coming episodes, more obstacles for Hana and Seojun's love life.

By the way lindt_cho, may I know the reason why Yoona turn you off?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prettyoungthing

Yoona Impresses with Her Improved Acting Skills in ‘Love Rain’

Yoona has been impressing with not only her incredible good looks, but also with her portrayal of two different characters in “Love Rain”. Now a third of the way through just her third drama, Yoona’s improved acting skills have been catching the eyes of critics.

Kim Yoonhee, the 70s college student, and Jung Hana, the bright and quirky present day girl, are polar opposites. The former is calm and deliberate, the latter cute and cheerful. As Yoon Ga-ee of OSEN writes of Yoona’s acting, “She doesn’t just put her pretty visuals forth. She has been capturing the screen with rich emotions and polished expressions. Viewers’ eyes can only be kind towards this ‘actress’ Yoona.” In her scenes as Kim Yoonhee, Yoona plays her character very calmly and exhibits her feelings with subtle facial expressions and movement that draw the audience into the serene setting that director Yoon Sukho has created.

The transition to the present day allowed Yoona to showcase her skills even more with the younger character, Jung Hana. Yoona’s natural exuberance flows freely through Hana, but her ability to effectively portray a wide range of emotions has improved dramatically. Choi Inkyung of Review Star says of Yoona, “Her laughing and crying, which was only pretty before, has certainly changed. She drew tears from viewers when she cried giving up on her first love, senior Taesung (Kim Youngkwang), and made viewers laugh with her awkward and funny body movements in front of the camera.” Indeed, Yoona is able to take the audience on an emotional roller coaster through her nuanced portrayal of Hana. She makes sure that a fully developed and deep character with many sides is shown. In the latest episode, Choi Inkyung says Yoona was prettier than ever, continuing, “Of course, it could have been her pretty clothes and makeup, but more than anything, her facial expressions and ever improving acting were the biggest reasons behind it. After always having carried the ‘idol origin’ label, Yoona is completely immersed in her character and has now become ‘Hana’ herself.”

“Love Rain” is Yoona’s third drama after “You Are My Destiny” and “Cinderella Man”. Even though she is a veteran singer in Girls’ Generation, she is still considered a rookie as an actress. Yoona’s improvement has come as a bit of a surprise for critics, not because it wasn’t possible, but because she improved in her acting while at the same time performing all around the world in Girls’ Generation. She has taken the criticism from her previous acting experiences and used it to become even better, practicing hard at every opportunity. Yoon Ga-ee writes, “The speed at which her acting is improving is blinding. She has matured to the point where you want to ask, ‘When did her acting get so good?’ The criticism that trailed behind her during ‘Cinderella Man’ is now nowhere to be found.”

Yoona has met the challenge of playing two different roles in the same drama. Perhaps the most impressive part of Yoona’s acting is the fact that she is breaking free of the “idol-actor” stereotype and showing that she can be considered simply as an actress rather than as an idol who also acts. The future is bright for actress Yoona.

Sources: OSEN via Nate, Review Star, KBS

Written by: MoonSoshi9@soshified

Edited by: SeraphKY@soshified

[interview] SNSD’s Yoona: There is A Lot I Can Learn from Jang Keun Suk

What’s the reason that only Jang Keun Suk became to the top Hallyu Star?

SNSD’s Yoona told us Jang Keun Suk’s excellent fans managing secret. Both Yoona and Jang Keun Suk are now leading in the drama “Love Rain”. Yoona said that to work with Jang Keun Suk there is a lot she can learn from him.

There are always lots of fans at Love Rain shooting site. Since the leading actors are Hallyu Star Jang Keun Suk and SNSD’s Yoona, so this is reasonable. If you say there is something different compare to other shooting site then that is there are not only Korean fans but also fans from Japan, China etc.. Since both of them are popular stars, so fans are just like influx.

Sometimes the fans can cause trouble of shooting. Even when they were shooting in Hokkaido, there were lots of fans. So people really felt the sensation of Jang Keun Suk and Yoona.

During a recent interview, Yoona said: “Jang Keun Suk always nicely says hi to the fans. Sometimes he talked to them, joking with them. He has extraordinary fan service.” When the shooting start, every actor will be in a sensitive state. Even fans are at the shooting site. Most of time they only can watch from distance, maybe only see the top of a few heads, not even mention to meet them. If the shooting schedule is tight, actors have to concentrate on acting, so is hard to think of their fans under that situation. But Jang Keun Suk is an exception; he will say hi to the fans and use his special way to comfort fans that come from faraway. Sometimes he would do shuffle dance to warm up the atmosphere on site.

Yoona said: “When I am waiting for shooting, I will stay in my car and read script, but Jang Keun Suk will take time to chat with fans, to express his thankfulness. He cares for his fans very much. After seeing this, I thought a lot, and I learnt a lot.”

Jang Keun Suk is always being grateful to his fans as they made him to become “Asia Prince”. He never forgets that if there is no fan no “Geunjang” this fact. He is an excellent Hallyu Star.

Guest DorkDork

Hey guys, if you follow http://twitter.com/LoveRainTV on twitter, they do updates in English. They are the Yoon's color production team. They just tweeted

"The first Love Rain Making film will be revealed three hours later! sarangbi.kr"

Guest omgitscrystal

Second time posting in this thread! ;) Happy that it's moving at a constant speed.

So, I've been really busy with my school work and didn't have time to watch Love Rain! Haha, but luckily, yesterday, I found time and watched from episode 4-6 and continued with the 2 latest episodes today.

I am glad that now Yoona and Jang Geun Suk and brought into the present time and everything seems to move faster - which is a good thing because then we'll have more people watching this show! I really want the ratings to increase because the show is getting better.

Okay, now onto my thoughts for the "present" time in the drama. Whoa, I got to say that Yoona's acting skills improved tremendously. I've read about Yoona being criticized by her bad acting but nah, that was in the past. I think for the past few episodes, Yoona did a great job as Ha Na. She managed to make me like the character and I feel really attached to Ha Na right now. She's always so bubbly, so cheerful, still innocent like Yoon Hee. Jang Geun Suk as Seo Joon. Lol, this bad richard simmons yet charming guy geez. Even though I hate the way he treats Ha Na sometimes, I love it when he "accidentally" thinks of her hahaha.

They're really cute, gosh. I absolutely love the chemistry between Yoona and Jang Geun Suk ;) It's just so real you know? I don't know how to describe it. Just watched the preview for episode 9 and I really can't wait for the next two episodes + subs to come out. I need to see them together, I need to know what will happen between them in the future. Since there are 20 episodes (right?), I don't' believe that they're relationship in the drama would go so smoothly.

Moving on the Yoon Hee and In Ha. I really loved the part with In Ha found Yoon Hee on the streets. Plus she was holding a yellow umbrella :') It's really sad that even though In Ha managed to found Yoon Hee and wanted them to be together again, Yoon Hee said no, since she was ill and didn't want In Ha to know and make him worried. How unselfish love can be right?

All in all, this show is getting really better. I told my friend who gave up in episode 1 because she couldn't stand the pace of the drama that she should continue and persevere on because when she get to the Hana/SeoJoon Era she'll know that it was worth the wait.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Wednesday/Thursday should come quicker because that's when the subs would be released right? Dang. I wanna see more interaction between them and I wanna see them kiss in episode 9. :w00t:

Guest DorkDork

Photos from KONJIAM RESORT. That is where Yoonhee lives and work.

http://blog.naver.com/konjiamblog?Redirect=Log&logNo=100156348741

Guest prettyoungthing

564327857.png

564326519.png

REVIEW Episode 1-4 excerpt by undrama

Now let’s talk about the characters:

As rare as it is I actually enjoyed all of them.

In Ha is so mysterious you can’t not love him. His character is torn between his love for Yeon Hee and his friendship with Dong Wook. Even if he chooses his friends at first and realize that it was coward of him he is still brave enough to confess his love and try to make it work. Like what it is never too late. Jang geun Suk is perfect in this role. It was nice to see him in a different role than “You’re beautiful”. The way he showed his character’s torment and at the same time love was really well done.

This is where I realize that sometimes I really miss real actors that are not afraid to give their all in their performance and are not just here for their gorgeous faces.

Yon Hee is the perfect stereotype of a girl in love stories: pretty but shy, she doesn’t like the attention and is always surrounded by her two friends. She is in love with someone but she does not know how to make things happen. Yet she is a strong character. She knows what she want and even if she did wrong will try to fix it without giving up everything. This is really human and realistic.

So far I was impressed by Yoona’s acting. I know she is good at acting (she was such a brat in 9ends 2outs) but I felt like she improved. Plus this type of role mature, elegant and calm suits her well.

In Ha friends: This is what I call real friends ! They think of each other, try to suppress their feelings for the other’s sakes, they argue, they make up, they try to understand before being completely mad (okay maybe not Hye Jung). They are friends before anything else.

The chemistry between Yoona and Jang Geun Suk is far from being perfect thought. Both of them are so focused on how to deliver their feeling and show the viewers a romantic scene that they negliged the fact that they have to deliver feelings together to everyone.

So far I had a good time watching this drama. it is well written and follow a structured path. Being a fan of the movie “Love Story” I was more than happy to see the references about it.

REVIEWS/COMMENTS :wub:

Franimal says:

April 21, 2012 at 12:08 am

yoona’s progression in acting is apparent. there has never been, and will never be, a time when the girls have not progessed. when you have the work ethic that the girls have, there is always means of improving. her roles are drastically different within the same drama, but i am more impressed with 1970′s yoona. it is much more difficult to effectively portray a less extroverted person. when you are asked to be outrageous, it is simpler. it is harder to pull of the subtle movements and undertones of an introvert. that is the part of yoona’s acting i am most impressed with. she had natural beauty from birth, but she now has natural acting from her hard work!!!

Guest mirabar

I really really love this drama. The scenes are so beautiful shot T-T. Not only in the 70s but in the modern era as well. It may be not as beautiful but the camerawork is rlly, rlly great and intresting in my opinion. And the plot! I had my doubts at the beginning but now we all know, that the slow pace at the start was to give the viewers the feeling of the 70s, only to be totally crushed by the modern era. And I love the plot itself. You know most dramas are dragging the plot a lot but here it all feels so natural. Like how seo Yoon falls in love with Hana. Eventhough he has a difficult background regarding stuff like love, he can admit quite fast to himself that he likes her and even chased after her. Or that Hana found out about Taesungs finance so soon. Or how Yoon Hee already met In Ha. I hope they keep this ind of storytelling and wont be pressured by the ratings and mess up the whole thing :)

Regarding the acting...

I rlly believed Yoona would improve her acting but she exceeded my expectation, so great! I love her character. She is so naturally cuet <3

JGS, just wanna hit you sometimes you surely know how to be an richard simmons. Dellivering great as always :)!

anyone knows the song that play when seo joon and hana looked at diamond snow for the first time and seo joon take pic of hana,the song didnt appear

in ost i think,thx

btw i am missing or something,at what scene/eps did joon knew hana name

didnt joon asked in japan ,hana refuse to answer instead joon called her rurururu

but at latest eps he already knew the name

Guest barbarale3

Based on the viewing statistics, I must say that many people are missing out on such a great-cute-loving drama! I suggest for people to give Love Rain a chance. The drama has got me addicted ever since episode 5.

On another note, JGS and Yoona are doing a great job at portraying the characters! I love them on the small screen together! <3

Hi everyone :)

I'm glad to know the ratings have increased even though slightly is also good news. The story is getting better and better but can foresee in the coming episodes, more obstacles for Hana and Seojun's love life.

By the way lindt_cho, may I know the reason why Yoona turn you off?

Nothing against her personally.. Just read lots of bad reviews on her acting and recently there are too many idols coming to act in dramas and doing not-so-great job, so when I found out she'll be the lead on Love Rain with JGS, I was so disappointed that I waited until last week to watch the very 1st ep :)

But I should say that she has improved a lot! and I'm nicely surprise by her natural acting now. Much better than Yuri and Jessica.. 

JGS and Yoona look great together and are doing a great job! Cant wait for next episodes  :) Hope the writer nim will end this drama well too.. it'll be suck if we dont have a great ending.. 

Synopsis Summary for Episode 9 of Love Rain

Joon finds Ha Na, and wants her to move to the white garden, and confesses his heart to her. But his self-esteem suffered because of the ambiguous answer from Ha Na. He who is angry leaves like this. After a while, Ha Na comes to the white garden carrying luggage.

The two persons start a life of living together yet it’s not, and under the ambiguous emotions, they kiss.

In Ha learned that Yoon Hee’s husband has died long ago, and begins to actively contact with him, but Yoon Hee keeps refusing.

cr: asian-drama.org

Guest prettyoungthing

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Jang Geun Suk Clutch Hands Together in First Date Scene for “Love Rain” by: thunderstix on Apr 20, 2012

05c8ffd9450ab5b8f3d5c8eee5259c13_large.jpg

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Jang Geun Suk clutched hands together in their first date scene for the upcoming episode of KBS drama “Love Rain.”

In the latest still cuts released for “Love Rain,” the two lovebirds are seen holding hands together, making a huge step forward in their relationship. Jang Geun Suk shed his tough personality and looks at YoonA in love, as YoonA drops her head feeling shy at the intimate moment.

Netizens commented, “Jang Geun Suk and YoonA are the best drama couple this year,” “They should date in real life,” and “I want to see their kiss scene asap.”

Meanwhile, the last preview of “Love Rain” showed Jang Geun Suk and YoonA finally lock lips, hinting at the quickly developing love line between the two stars.

‘Love Rain’ Jang Keun Suk & SNSD's Yoona Kiss Scene? Yoona Falls for Jang Keun Suk’s Push and Pull Tactic! KBS ‘Love Rain’ drew a kissing scene between Jang Keun Suk and Yoona.

15186-love-rain-jang-keun-suk-yoona-kiss-scene-yoona-falls-for-jang-keun-suk.jpg

KBS ‘Love Rain’ preview drew a kissing scene between Jang Keun Suk and Yoona.

KBS ‘Love Rain’ episode 8 aired on April 17 showed Jang Keun Suk and Yoona rapidly became closer begins to draw out their love line.

In the meantime Jang Keun Suk hid his feelings and through his devilish spiteful remarks has played with her heart. In episode 7 Suh Joon tells Hana, “If you go with him again and leave me then it’s really over,” and yet she still goes with Tae Sung which leave Sun Joon in fit of jealousy.

However in episode 8 Jang Keun Suk tells Yoona, “Once it’s over it’s done. So let’s end here, and begin from the beginning again!” giving a reset proposal.

“From now on I will treat you well. I think I like you!” and suddenly confesses his feeling. Jang Keun Suk persistently tells her, “The reason I’m telling you to start over is because I’m beginning to like you. Even after meeting again I like you.”

Jang Keun Suk even says romantic words that, “I’m not sure why but until I know clearly I’m going to have you stay next to me.” This was enough to knock down Yoona’s throbbing heart.

A production staff member of ‘Love Rain’ from Yoon’s Color shared, “From episode 8 Suh Joon’s romantic words have begun to move Yoona’s heart. Please anticipate Jang Keun Suk who will stir the hearts of all female fans.

Internet users have commented, “I really enjoy ‘Love Rain.’ Jang Keun Suk’s words not only stir the heart of Yoona but also the viewers as well,” and “Is there a kiss scene in ‘Love Rain’ today? I’m so excited about their love line to begin!”

‘Love Rain’ next ninth episode is to air on April 23 at 9:55PM KST.

A lot of people comment that Seo Joon is like HTK from You’re Beautiful, but why do I feel that he is more like Domyouji from Hana Yori Dango? So far, I think Seo Joon has some characteristics from both characters, however,I find Domyouji and HTK more interesting. Maybe when I see more of Seo Joon I will change my mind.

I like the umbrella scenes. In the 70s era, In Ha makes sure that Yoon Hee does not get wet while in the modern era, despite Seo Joon saying he will treat Ha Na well, he told Ha Na that it is ok for her clothes to get wet. Hilarious. This boy definitely does not know how to treat a girl well. I also find him very cute when he praised himself after he told Ha Na that he will help her search for a job and room. His heart was beating so fast and he is so happy with his performance ( looking cool in front of Ha Na).

I saw the pic of them kissing and I was wondering does that mean that they are going to start dating soon? That seems a bit fast. It is very obvious Seo Joon is smitten and really likes her. But what about Ha Na?

When did she fall in love? Seo Joon really has not done anything really nice to her. We can see that she does show that she has some feelings for him. She almost allowed him to kiss her during the famous 3 sec scene if the assistant did not interrupt. She waited in the hotel for Seo Joon and got really upset when he was talking mean things about her behind her back. She agreed to be his model and went to look for Seo Joon even though Seo Joon refused to take her calls. But when did she start to see him differently? She was so upset when she knows that his senior has a girlfriend.

A lot of people comment that Seo Joon is like HTK from You’re Beautiful, but why do I feel that he is more like Domyouji from Hana Yori Dango? So far, I think Seo Joon has some characteristics from both characters, however,I find Domyouji and HTK more interesting. Maybe when I see more of Seo Joon I will change my mind.

I like the umbrella scenes. In the 70s era, In Ha makes sure that Yoon Hee does not get wet while in the modern era, despite Seo Joon saying he will treat Ha Na well, he told Ha Na that it is ok for her clothes to get wet. Hilarious. This boy definitely does not know how to treat a girl well. I also find him very cute when he praised himself after he told Ha Na that he will help her search for a job and room. His heart was beating so fast and he is so happy with his performance ( looking cool in front of Ha Na).

I saw the pic of them kissing and I was wondering does that mean that they are going to start dating soon? That seems a bit fast. It is very obvious Seo Joon is smitten and really likes her. But what about Ha Na?

When did she fall in love? Seo Joon really has not done anything really nice to her. We can see that she does show that she has some feelings for him. She almost allowed him to kiss her during the famous 3 sec scene if the assistant did not interrupt. She waited in the hotel for Seo Joon and got really upset when he was talking mean things about her behind her back. She agreed to be his model and went to look for Seo Joon even though Seo Joon refused to take her calls. But when did she start to see him differently? She was so upset when she knows that his senior has a girlfriend.

I love the scene when he's praising himself too... :D

he so cute... acting so cool in front of her, yet his heart is beating so fast XD

yep, like you said, I think Hana also has a feelings towards Jun. like in ep8, when Jun said he has something to tell her and she said like "i know what you want to say. you want me to forget what you said yesterday right? i already forget about it" but she said it in hesitantly... and when she saw Miho hugs him, something definitely strike her.... ^_^

arghhhh.... our Jun-Hana couple so freaking cute ^^

@DorkDork - thanks so much for all the BTS vids!  w00t.gif

@prettyoungthing - thanks for all the lovely pics and articles.  biggrin.gif

I don't think Ha Na knows how she feels about him yet, she might be curious but I think that's all right now. It's been 3 months since they met in Japan and he's been thinking about her the whole time. (when he comes home and his Mom is there, he goes up to his room and says something about it being 3 months already) I love that he's the one who fell first and that he openly tells her pretty quickly too. tongue.gif But on her side, I'm not sure yet. 

I was also one of those who doubted Yoona's acting but my love of the backdrop in the first 4 episodes got me interested enough to watch. And I fully admit she's doing a really good job, even the tiny reactions shown on her face are great. She's come a long ways. So for those who aren't watching this because they think her acting is terrible, they're really missing a good drama. AND they're missing watching Yoona progress and become much better. (I'm really impressed with her right now) Lee Mi-Sook and Jung Jin-Young are simply amazing as the older main OTP. 

I found this video with the English lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2h-6C3xE0w

I love this song! wub.gif

Archived