[Drama 2012] Dream High 2 드림하이 2

debbieleung

Guest 33ru_mieru

I have rewatched the Episode 16 with complete subs, and though it is a mess, it's not that very dirty as you will watch it live and only soft subs.

Hidden context are actually there. JB purposely prepared Haesung's song and that means they were really together though it was not that very obvious but they are.

Rian's popularity was also somehow caused by Haesung. She maybe used Haesung's composition. Rian's mother thanked Haesung's father for the help of Haesung for Rian.

I like Dream High because of it's concept and not because of the stars. It's hard to find a drama where you can totally relate yourself so it would not be bad if they will have another season. Maybe, they should try casting more actors and less idols and newbies.

However. I don't like the trend in this drama where the characters gave up their dream and found a new dream to pursue their previous dream.

Yes, I totally agree with you on the last line....this is why I still don't quite like it.

Why should a drama about dream high reminds us about reality when we are already in reality and we know how how tough it is to pursue a dream.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest showoff

A lot of you guys are imagining and speculating way too much about what could've happened in order to make this terrible show better for you.  If that's what you have to do, fine, but it just goes to show how truly terrible this show is if fans have to guess/imagine what maybe happened off-screen in order to make the on-screen moments make more sense.

Guest Mychocoheart

Thanks peaches for the recap. I can't bring myself to rewatch the episode with subs but I'm glad I can understand a bit and now I know RA continued her dream to be an actress. I wish they had shown more of that in the drama instead of having her trying so hard to be an idol when it's not her true dream. I didn't care that much about the romance so I really wanted the show to focus more on their dreams and how they achieve them but it just ended up getting too much into a boring love line. Even though I was disappointed with Dream high 2 a part of me still wants a Dream high 3 with new actors and characters and a better writer. The premise is still an interesting one, I just wish it was executed better.

Any way off to watch the much more awesome and bromantic Shut up flower boy band.

Guest meisk

I also hopped that if we ever have a season 3 that would be the sisters but then i started to think that this would not make since because of the time. But i don't remember much so help me out here guys.

DH1 graduation was on 2010/2011 and with their 8 years time skip it was 2018/2019, right?

DH2 begans three years later after the graduation of season so their graduation is 2013/2014, and 8 years later is 2021/2022, right?

So Hyemi sister would have graduated already when HS sister was entering the school...BUT so knows, i did not pay much attention to the time and not even the writers hahahahaha

First of all the timing is not that accurate in this season. If i remember correctly Hyemi and Baekhee's audition was on 2010. Then time jump 8 years it will be 2018. In 2018 Hyemi's sister already in Kirin.

This season, YJ and JB's audition was on 2010.The year already clashed. Unless there's another Kirin. Because other wise DH1 and DH2 must be friends because they audition at the same year..lol

This is so confusing.. :wacko::lol: I know it's gonna be fun to watch the sisters but i doubt they will make it.I'm thankful enough if they make DH3. ^_^

33ru_mieru: omg..u haven't watch DH1? u should watch it.I watched TMTETS too. I know how faithful King Hwon to his Yeon-woo but u know what before that, there's a guy named Samdong who stole our heart with his devotion and love to Hyemi. Samdong and Hyemi's love story is beautiful. :wub: My favorite quote from Samdong: "If u're not there,there's no music". blush.gif

Guest vrosemarie

i was wondering if anyone here knows the name of this song?

The song is called Time Spent Walking Through Memories by Nell. Hope this helps! This is my favorite part of Ep 15. Kind of bittersweet.

JB-ah, I can't wait for your debut!! He looks so much better blond somehow...

Guest Mychocoheart

^ I thought that in DH2, DH1 is just a drama and that's why the timing doesn't matter. The impression I got from Dream High 2 is that Kirin used to be a famous high school so they made a drama loosely based on some of the students that are now famous and that drama was the first season of Dream High. It's the same drama RA was staring in at the beginning and I guess we are left to imagine that Suzy eventually took her role in the drama. So in that sense both DH and DH2 happen at the same time except one is supposed to be a drama and the other one is supposed to be real. So I guess Hyemi, Samdong, Jinguk, Bakhee, Pilsuk, and Jason were once students at Kirin but not necessarily in 2010? Honestly that's the only way I can make sense of it without thinking DH2 is set in an alternate universe.

Guest alga215

I just love how Sora and Ji Yeon became close in this drama.. I love how they exchange tweets.. I'm sure Rian miss Shin Hae Sung.. Love them so much!!

Guest meisk

^ I thought that in DH2, DH1 is just a drama and that's why the timing doesn't matter. The impression I got from Dream High 2 is that Kirin used to be a famous high school so they made a drama loosely based on some of the students that are now famous and that drama was the first season of Dream High. It's the same drama RA was staring in at the beginning and I guess we are left to imagine that Suzy eventually took her role in the drama. So in that sense both DH and DH2 happen at the same time except one is supposed to be a drama and the other one is supposed to be real. So I guess Hyemi, Samdong, Jinguk, Bakhee, Pilsuk, and Jason were once students at Kirin but not necessarily in 2010? Honestly that's the only way I can make sense of it without thinking DH2 is set in an alternate universe.

Hmm...i thought the drama at the beginning was supposed to be Samdong's Documentary. KSH cameo as Samdong because i remember Rian said K Samdong who gives her the pendant not KSH.Since Samdong is a superstar so it makes sense they made a documentary about him. So the drama/documentary that they filmed at the beginning is title "Dream High". Samdong played as himself and Rian played Hyemi's character. That's the only way i can comfort myself about the cameo because the bus/kiss scene is so private between Samdong and Hyemi. How come everyone (the PD) knows about it unless Samdong told them about it, u know for documentary purpose...lol This is so confusing! :wacko: Well, that's just my opinion.

That's why i hated the way the made a cameo scene..like i said many times this season don't have connection with the last season. I know i'm not the only who frustrated with the cameo..especially Suzy/Hyemi's.Her 20 seconds cut on youtube already reached 30 000+ views in less than 48 hours. Fans anticipated her cameo and most of us were disappointed with the outcome. :crazy:

Well,what is done is done.There's nothing we can do. ;) The drama already ended. If there's any JYPE staff who lurking at this thread, i hope u can send my message to JYP..lol.. :P

First of all the timing is not that accurate in this season. If i remember correctly Hyemi and Baekhee's audition was on 2010. Then time jump 8 years it will be 2018. In 2018 Hyemi's sister already in Kirin.

This season, YJ and JB's audition was on 2010.The year already clashed. Unless there's another Kirin. Because other wise DH1 and DH2 must be friends because they audition at the same year..lol

This is so confusing.. :wacko::lol: I know it's gonna be fun to watch the sisters but i doubt they will make it.I'm thankful enough if they make DH3. ^_^

Actually, the time jump in DH1 was 10 years, so Hye Sung (Hye Mi's sister) was there in 2020. DH2 was set 3 years after the DH1 students graduated in 2011. 2010/2011 has to be the year that JB and YJ auditioned, because they all graduated in 2014. 8 years after that would make it 2026 when Hae Pung attended Kirin (we don't know what year she was when she was there. She could be a 1st or 3rd year).

Yeah... they should have factored in the math when they did DH2's timeline.

I somewhat agree with showoff as well. I like DH2 a lot, but there's wayyyy too much that the viewer has to piece together themselves. Even worse when they're crucial plot points.

Ugh. I'm so frustrated with the finale and how the writers chose to end things. I just can't help but think that there was a perfectly good way for all of them to achieve their dreams or at least make their "alternative" dreams not necessary feel like they're settling for what they're doing. Like someone also said, this is supposed to be a drama about that and not about reality. In that respect, I think that the 8 year time jump was wayyy too long. Who's to say that JB didn't get to dance again? The time jump in DH1 gave us a little bit more of the in between story for some of the characters. Like Pil Suk. Yes, she became a kindergarten teacher, but in her classroom, there's an indicator of her success (CDs, posters, music show trophies). I wish that was something like that was added for all the characters in this season's finale.

Also, for a drama that said its focus was on success as a team through friendship, the students really didn't stay in contact like a group of friends should have. You'd think they all would have kept in close contact with each other. It's possible that they have kept in contact with each other by reading through the lines, but this is one of those plot points that I wish was actually executed in the show itself.

I can't help but feel like all of us on here could have written a more uplifting script for the finale instead of what was presented to us. I wish we could tell them to do some webisodes to help fill in the gaps they left in the story.

Anyway, it's been more than a pleasure talking about DH2 with all of you. No matter how the show was, I still liked coming here and reading everyone's opinions of the show and characters. I think I'm going to be in DH2 withdrawal for awhile. Hopefully we'll all come back next year to discuss DH3!

Jiyeon's Day By Day OST Helped Increase Dream High 2's ratings  

20120319_jiyeon_dreamhigh2.jpg

KBS2TV drama Dream High 2’s final episode ratings increased according  AGB Nielsen Media Research. The ratings on last March 20th was recorded  to be 6.6%. This made a good change because all episodes except from the  first one only recorded single digit ratings. As also compared to last  year’s season, it’s 0.9% higher. Although the drama has became draggy  for some, the ending captivated the audience’s hearts.

One of the highlights of the final episode is Ryan’s ending on the  drama. The audience first noticed that Ryan’s character was  insufficiently developed into a passive heroine that’s have been  lovestruck. However,     when she sang “Day by Day” that relates her  feelings of her forgotten dream touched everyone and made them  understand what has become to one of the most like character of the  drama.

”They say that I’m the member of a girl group who’s responsible for  beauty, acting and arrogance. Now I’m standing here on stage to relate  the dreams that even I forgotten. Whether some friends hurt me or we all  messed up, I learned that I should still cherish the memories. Ever  since I am a trainee, a friend always tell me to sing. And now I’ll try  to sing for my dream.”   

Ryan’s words impressed the audience making them give good remarks,  “Jiyeon’s performance tonight is really good,” “That is really  touching,” and “The girl group’s beauty + heart + skills.”

Finally watched the last episode , kinda feeling sad lol. I dont think it was an open ending for the couples i do thing HS and JB got tougether aswell as R and YJ . Even at the ending it showed both couples . Love the fact that Soel and Ui bong got tougether , dont know about anyone else but SW and HS `s best friend make a cute couple aswell and nana and the glasses guy lol .

"Before i sing, i will introduce myself as Rian, i know what  others say about me, among the visuals in girl groups, i have no manners  and poor acting skills. i am used to those words now. i had also  forgotten why i started to sing why am i standing on stage? but i had  met a lot of weird friends especially a friend who says that she wanted  to be a singer although she don’t have the talent, truthfully, i am envy  of her at least she knows clearly about her dream, i had also met another friend,  not walking on a crooked path to protect me, always hurting themselves  first, this friend taught me on how to cherish myself, and.. i have a friend who walked the same path as me since we were trainees, that friend told me to start singing for myself now, i want to sing for my dream, this is my first song that i had composed, jin yoojin helped with the lyrics, the song is , haru haru \ day by day"

-Rian (Dream high 2 last episode)

hi dreamers...

i'm starting to miss you all already, i will write my last thoughts about this drama when i watch the two last episodes with eng sub but i came here to post this translation for Rian's best scene..i was so touched when i read this..so i wanted to share it with you..this is her speech that she said before she singing "haru haru"..i totally love it :wub:

and also this..

338212012.png

Rian: Why did you hide it till now? didn’t you say it was fine already?

JB: it would be the end if i had said it. do you think i can give up ? till now, dancing is everything to me, how can i just give it up one day? no matter is it winning or losing, i have to walk till the end, then only can i move on to a new step.

Rian: you becoming like this, it is all because of me because i dislike you so…….

JB: No it isn’t, it is because of you that i can come this far, thank you … tow years ago, you went to see my debut stage, today’s last performance, i am relieved that you are together with me.. during the starting and ending, because you are with me i had gained a lot of energy, my tenth pair of sneakers, we are the same, sweating and dreaming together you’re more hardworking than me your dream and passion, i know how hardworking you had been and the pain you had gone through, from now on it will be my turn to help cheer you up, sing for yourself

oh god, i'm crying again..:tears:

source : Dream high 2 tumblr (rayoumah) <3

Guest ayumikoshiro

I liked the ending. I also like that they all find new dreams. Someone said they hated how people give up their dreams an wind up doing something else. Well I'm here to tell you that's REALITY. You never know where your life will lead you. Sure JB thought he would be a dancing idol but instead because of life he became a producer. SHS who wanted to be a singer (but she couldn't sing) instead discovered that she had talent and passion as a composer and director. Just because there is something that you want to do with your life right now who knows how that can shape and change into what you might really be doing with your life later on. Nobody abandoned their dreams they all just discovered their true callings. So don't get discouraged if you don't get to be a surgeon like you imagined when you were 10 you have your own life path and who knows where it may lead you stay positive and passionate.

even though I love G-Minor to death, I like how they kept it a bit open ended. They were only 25-27 yrs old max so they don't have to all be happily married, their still young. And we all know how K-pop is if Rain or SHINee actually had GF's would they have the time to spend it together. Rian and SHS are world stars they travel constantly and aren't settled down (that's the impression I got) so they are single independent ladies who don't have the time for a committed relationship RN. It's realistic that they are all friends maybe they'll get together seriously later or not after all how many people marry their high school sweethearts 9which is what they all are). Girls and boys can be just friends even if some of them are flirting with each other like crazy.

[ignore my life lessons part if you wish. It's my inner teacher/counselor coming out]

Guest showoff

Realism was about the last thing you'd find in Dream High 2 throughout the season.  Then we're supposed to accept that half-hearted ending because it's more in-line with reality?  Really?  Again, this is just fan justification for such a terrible show.

I think what happened was the DH2 finale didn't do a great job of showcasing exactly how great their current professions really are. Because of that, a lot of people (myself included, initially) reacted that the students didn't get what they dreamed about. But yes, all of them have really great jobs, but I think they didn't *act* as happy about the jobs as I think viewers expected. Also, I think they waited a little too late in the series to demonstrate the whole "your dreams may change and still be as amazing as your initial dream" idea, which further gives off the impression that they all settled for their current jobs instead of being genuinely happy about what they do.

Rian Run The World =))

Fjh1a.gifvlNYC.gif

DHxPy.gifljM1q.gif

FkY4t.gifnamEe.gif

rjRMU.gif3zpb7.gif

Guest saliii

I think what happened was the DH2 finale didn't do a great job of showcasing exactly how great their current professions really are. Because of that, a lot of people (myself included, initially) reacted that the students didn't get what they dreamed about. But yes, all of them have really great jobs, but I think they didn't *act* as happy about the jobs as I think viewers expected. Also, I think they waited a little too late in the series to demonstrate the whole "your dreams may change and still be as amazing as your initial dream" idea, which further gives off the impression that they all settled for their current jobs instead of being genuinely happy about what they do.

You said it!!! :)

Guest 5UPERB2ST

As scrambled as it was, the drama still got their message across I guess in how everyone changed their dreams and what not. The song at the end really made me miss DH1 though.

The one thing that I really wish they did better though was obviously the goodbye scene with JB and Haesung but it was still decent without a kiss and all the scenes with Yoo Jin knowing that he lost Haesung. They had their moments with the basketball shot missing, him giving up trying to follow JB and becoming an idol for Haesung because there was no use anymore but they really needed to drive it home a little more. It could of made for good tears for the viewers watching IMO if they did it right.

You know I wasn´t at the end because they didn´t got their original dreams I was angry because their journey to the ultimate realization of what they want and what they got didn´t make any sense yeah maybe is reality but how did they get there?

I hate to make comparisons but if someone of you saw Shut Up! Flower Boy Band will know what I meant, in that drama at the end they went different ways and found new dreams even if they don´t know where will them be in the future but it made sense it was a beautiful ending with a great message about dreams and try and error ... just perfect ... but in here I get the message but I get it 16 episodes latter because they just present it as a justification of a crappy plot

Archived