If you notice someone staring at you, do you stare back?

Lincecum

Guest fantasymage

In most situations, since I would be in a country where staring is rude, I would glare at them. There is no reason to make extended eye contact except for conversation or presentation or the like.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest touchofpink

With me, I just look away. I find it awkward and rude to stare...and stare...and stare then glare.

My friend, whom is Mexican, told me that staring in their country is considered a good thing; a compliment.

If I seem them stare, I stare back for a few seconds, then say... What??

But that's usually for a dude though.

For a chick I stare back but instead of 'what??' I say.. How ya doin. ;)

Guest SunshinyRice.

I think it's rude sometimes for someone to stare at you, but if I do catch someone staring at me, I would definitely stare back to try to figure out a reason why they're staring. :blink:

Guest iammrskwon

yes i do stare back at someone who stares at me but i don't stare for so long. when i stare at someone, i stare at them with a straight face. haha! idk. i just do. it's like i'm only looking at you without any reason at all.

Guest xDollars

I find it awkward to stare back. o:

Usually I'd look around to see if they're actually staring at me or something around me and then I look at them for a second.

If they keep staring, I'd look away and pretend I didn't notice the staring.

I would keep looking back every couple seconds/minutes just to see if they were still there too. xD

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

Always. I rely on public transportation so there's A LOT of weird people who apparently have staring issues. Well, in this city in general.

It's even more awkward when people who sit across you or people who sit all the way on the other side tilt their heads and stare at you. I just stare at them longer and kind of give them a dirty look until they feel uncomfortable.

Guest Chocolate_Truffle

If someone keeps starring at me for a long time (and they aren't flirting) I usually give them a dirty look.

Guest greentambourine1

uhm, sometimes,, if I feel like staring.. but when I'm just walking along the street.. and guys are staring at me,.. I don't usually stare back, and I'm not looking straight to the eyes..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PinkWaffles

I hate it when I think someone is looking at me and waving; I wave back only to find out it wasn't me after all T___T;

I don't ever stare back because it's awkward.  I might glance and smile but, that's it.

Guest _unnie_24_

I don't know if it's just me.. but asian girls tend to stare at me when i dress slightly fancy. Particularly chinese girls. I just avoid eye contact even though i can feel it and see it from the corner of my eye ><"

Its annoying because I can not walk down a hallway without anyone staring at me(well in my little mind). So usually I glance down at what I am wearing then look back at them. Sometimes I act annoyed or smile at the person looking. I can not wink, I did try it once, but my mom asked me if I had something in my eye. Instead, I use my patented 'STONE IDOL GLARE'. Works everyother time!

Archived