clubbing in korea - disappointment

Guest Gaesekke1

Guest Gaesekke1

I went to clubbing for the first time last night (NB2 in Hongdae) and let me just say it was a huge disappointment. Most girls don't even grind and when you try to go behind them and grind, they will give you a dirty look and avoid you.  Most fob girls are like this as I have witnessed and are so stuck up and most don't even want guys coming up to them. They all tend to dance within their own group of girls or just nod their heads to the music with slight movements. The foreign ones are more laid back and down to grind and get their groove on. The atmosphere is completely different compared to that of American clubs, so I wasn't really feeling it. Are most native Korean guys/girls unfamiliar of grinding or something? Also, people really do lack manner. They will just blow smoke right in front of your face not even thinking about going to the back to smoke without having to spread second-hand smoking. What a disappointment

Guest BukAlan

all the girls in hongdae are like that. they go to dance, not to hook up with guys.  if you want to grind on a girl, go to itaewon.

Guest KplSoju

I went to clubbing for the first time last night (NB2 in Hongdae) and let me just say it was a huge disappointment. Most girls don't even grind and when you try to go behind them and grind, they will give you a dirty look and avoid you.  Most fob girls are like this as I have witnessed and are so stuck up and most don't even want guys coming up to them. They all tend to dance within their own group of girls or just nod their heads to the music with slight movements. The foreign ones are more laid back and down to grind and get their groove on. The atmosphere is completely different compared to that of American clubs, so I wasn't really feeling it. Are most native Korean guys/girls unfamiliar of grinding or something? Also, people really do lack manner. They will just blow smoke right in front of your face not even thinking about going to the back to smoke without having to spread second-hand smoking. What a disappointment

lol so you've been posting on this forum for weeks all about clubbing and the only reason you go is to grind on random girls? >_> awkward. Girls avoid guys like that in the club because it's mad creepy. Why would a girl want some guy she can't even see rubbing his junk on her butt? If you want to dance with someone why not go up to her introduce yourself and ask her to dance like a man instead of attacking her from behind and grinding your junk on her like a creeper?

Guest ubjustin

Most girls don't even grind and when you try to go behind them and grind, they will give you a dirty look and avoid you.  

HAHA!

This sounds EXACTLY like the first time I went clubbing in Korea (such a long time ago).  Quite the culture shock hehe

So basically this is how it breaks down.  In the states you can dance/grind with a girl at the club and it can mean nothing.  Just a dance.  Just having a good time.  In Korea, that's never the case.  It's not "just dancing" here.  Dancing/grinding leads to making out in the club, which usually leads to taking the girl back to your place... or you might get more drinks outside the club and then take her back to your place.  

The way I see it (and probably how most Korean dudes see it), if you can dance/grind with a Korean girl in the club, you're halfway there buddy!   

and yeah there are girls who come just looking to dance and not hook up.  they usually dance in a circle with their girl friends and won't ever give you the time of day.     

If you want a more American experience, I suggest you hit up Itaewon or the smaller clubs in Hongdae like Ska2, Saab, and S Club.  Foreigners get in for free btw, so make sure you bring your passport.

Guest ubjustin

Helios (despite what BukAlan said in your other post) is the most American place I can think of.  They never play kpop (which is why I like it there) and they play mostly hiphop and r&b.  The atmosphere is like your every day American bar with a dance floor.  The dresscode is pretty loose (just don't wear flip-flops).    

Thursday night is ladies night where chicks drink for free.  You might wanna check it out then.  Plenty of girls loosened up by the liquor.  And if you really wanna grind, the black girls are usually down for that.  

Also some general info, if you wanna hit on Korean girls (in itaewon, hongdae, gangnam, or wherever), I highly suggest you play the gyopo card (I'm assuming you're a gyopo).  The girls will be a lot more receptive if they find out you're from migook.  It's like a step up from regular korean dudes and step down from white dudes.    

Guest Gaesekke1

Helios (despite what BukAlan said in your other post) is the most American place I can think of.  They never play kpop (which is why I like it there) and they play mostly hiphop and r&b.  The atmosphere is like your every day American bar with a dance floor.  The dresscode is pretty loose (just don't wear flip-flops).    

Thursday night is ladies night where chicks drink for free.  You might wanna check it out then.  Plenty of girls loosened up by the liquor.  And if you really wanna grind, the black girls are usually down for that.  

Also some general info, if you wanna hit on Korean girls (in itaewon, hongdae, gangnam, or wherever), I highly suggest you play the gyopo card (I'm assuming you're a gyopo).  The girls will be a lot more receptive if they find out you're from migook.  It's like a step up from regular korean dudes and step down from white dudes.    

How do I play the gyopo card loll ?

Guest ubjustin

How do I play the gyopo card loll ?

introduce yourself.  talk to them in broken/accented korean.  they might think it's cute.  tell em you're just visiting and you wanna make some friends while you're here.  approaching and grinding from behind will not fly here.  and you better lay your game on thick because the hotter the girl is, there are hundred other horny dudes tryna pick her up.

if you're looking to just dance/grind and have fun, go to itaewon.

if you're looking to actually pick up and hook up with korean chicks, you'd be better off in Hongdae/Gangnam/Apgu.  Korean chicks in Itaewon are usually there to meet white dudes.

Yeah, if your trying to grind, go to Itaewon. Haha, I have been to Helios and I think its ok, its very much

like here in the US. That was the first bar/club we went to . The waiters were cute :) HAHA . If your a foreigner,

I'm not saying ALL of the girls in Itaewon are like this ... but majority... are looking for a foreigner ...

and yep ... you can sorta guess where this is going so yep :)

Most girls don't even grind and when you try to go behind them and grind, they will give you a dirty look and avoid you.

Um .. this goes for a lot of girls, even the ones in the states. Haha!! We go to have fun and dance.. LOL.

Too funny. Sorry but I would do the same too, give em space man, but if they like you, they won't stop you and if they stop you, move on, just sayin :)

Guest cfcong

if you were expecting something like the States, boy were you wrong.

the moment you came to korea and to see how society runs should have given you a clue as to its conservative background.

although it may be modern city, kissing in public (might get yelled at by a grandpa or grandma), too revealing clothes and etc.

grinding is another thing that generally korean girls dont do unless they really like you.

also just starting to grind with a girl would be considered very aggressive on a first-approach.

Guest jiwoneex3

Hahaha, clubbing is definitely different than it is in the states, especially if you're from NYC like I am.

My first clubbing experience there was eh. The music was good. But damn, the people there could not dance (and the guys and girls do separate from each other), and I'm guessing they weren't strict with a dress code. Some people dressed wayyyyyy too casual for a club.

Guest asianpanthers

problems?

1) went alone

2) probably not enough game

3) you're super young

4) your response to stabbing a girl's butt with your half chub is going to lead to something...it's not like the world described by the boy from super bad where chicks want to see our situation.

it's not that korean girls are prude. i club with a lot of guys that will meet tons of chicks in one night, could probably convince a lot of them to swallow their lougies if they asked, and pretty much do whatever.

and whoever said it's easier to hook up if you're white / gyopo is dead wrong. i'll assume that this is based on experience, and yes, there are def. chicks who try to hook up with foreigners, but it's kind of like the guys back home who have yellow fever. i'm not going to delve into that one much further

but i hide the fact that i'm a foreigner. most girls aren't really into the gyopo boy thing. i'd say gyopo girls are into gyopos, and korean girls are more likely to be into korean guys. =/

but....yeah i don't know why you struck out in hongdae. lol should have gone to naked or coccoon...i mean after fixing the 4 bullets above...can't fix being young, but by fix it, i mean lie about your age when you meet girls.

Guest ubjustin

and whoever said it's easier to hook up if you're white / gyopo is dead wrong. i'll assume that this is based on experience, and yes, there are def. chicks who try to hook up with foreigners, but it's kind of like the guys back home who have yellow fever. i'm not going to delve into that one much further

you just contradicted yourself

Guest Gaesekke1

problems?

1) went alone

2) probably not enough game

3) you're super young

4) your response to stabbing a girl's butt with your half chub is going to lead to something...it's not like the world described by the boy from super bad where chicks want to see our situation.

it's not that korean girls are prude. i club with a lot of guys that will meet tons of chicks in one night, could probably convince a lot of them to swallow their lougies if they asked, and pretty much do whatever.

but i hide the fact that i'm a foreigner. most girls aren't really into the gyopo boy thing. i'd say gyopo girls are into gyopos, and korean girls are more likely to be into korean guys. =/

but....yeah i don't know why you struck out in hongdae. lol should have gone to naked or coccoon...i mean after fixing the 4 bullets above...can't fix being young, but by fix it, i mean lie about your age when you meet girls.

I am 20 years old in Korean age, would that be considered young? But I do have a problem of looking younger than my age (People say I look like i'm in high school 1st grade -__-)  Also, is coccoon better than the NB club? If so, what ways? Better club to try to meet girls, etc? Better music? Please give me tips, thank you.

Guest ubjustin

I am 20 years old in Korean age, would that be considered young? But I do have a problem of looking younger than my age (People say I look like i'm in high school 1st grade -__-)  Also, is coccoon better than the NB club? If so, what ways? Better club to try to meet girls, etc? Better music? Please give me tips, thank you.

there are definitely a lot more people around your age at hongdae.  Cocoon especially has LOTS of young chicks (at least the times I went there) that look like they're fresh out of high school.  That place also gets mega packed on the weekend and there's usually a line.  The music (imo) is awful.  Too much house/elec and kpop.  I'm not a big fan of the confusing layout either.  It made a lot more sense back when it was Catch Light.  Drinks are relatively cheap there, which is nice.

If you don't care about music and wanna be around lots of youngins, you'll probably have a good time there.    

Guest Gaesekke1

there are definitely a lot more people around your age at hongdae.  Cocoon especially has LOTS of young chicks (at least the times I went there) that look like they're fresh out of high school.  That place also gets mega packed on the weekend and there's usually a line.  The music (imo) is awful.  Too much house/elec and kpop.  I'm not a big fan of the confusing layout either.  It made a lot more sense back when it was Catch Light.  Drinks are relatively cheap there, which is nice.

If you don't care about music and wanna be around lots of youngins, you'll probably have a good time there.    

is there actual dancing going on, unlike NB? -__-

Guest ubjustin

you're not gonna get the best of both worlds.

if you just want some NSA grinding, go to itaewon

if you wanna pick up korean chicks, go to hongdae

Guest Gaesekke1

you're not gonna get the best of both worlds.

if you just want some NSA grinding, go to itaewon

if you wanna pick up korean chicks, go to hongdae

Would you say it's difficult to pick up korean chicks in Hongdae? I've tried two times and they never worked. Plus, I have an outgoing personality and let me just say I always started off, asking if they want to "dance". But they always gave me a dirty look and tried to avoid me. No Swag. 

Guest asianpanthers

you just contradicted yourself

no. it's like...if i have a skin problem that like 0.00005% of girls are really into, i can still get laid. but i'm saying, your odds are lower

Archived