K-POP Music Fest. Sydney 2011

Guest cerys

You didn't buy tickets? D;

Nope, not yet... I know, i was actually contemplating on if i should go or not.

But now my sis and i are pretty set on going, but we're trying to save up for our overseas trip beginning of next year.

SO WE'RE SEARCHING OUT FOR CHEAP TICKETS LOL

We should meetup on the day or something, if you're free! (: Im meeting up with some mates coming down from Brissie on the 11th, join us if you wanna (:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

less than one week to go....can't wait...am flying in from Perth.

Anyone know the artists flight schedule to Sydney???

Not sure yet, but since their rehearsal is on the 11th, they'll prolly arrive on the morning of the 11th (: PROBABLY. Not sure haha

Hey all~

I might be buying a VIP standing ticket off a friend and the ticket is in a form of a pdf, so I will be printing it.

Will they be checking iDs of some sort to see if I was really the legit buyer of the ticket?

Or I just go there as normal, insert my ticket and watch the awesome concert?

Guest happy go lucky

Nope, not yet... I know, i was actually contemplating on if i should go or not.

But now my sis and i are pretty set on going, but we're trying to save up for our overseas trip beginning of next year.

SO WE'RE SEARCHING OUT FOR CHEAP TICKETS LOL

We should meetup on the day or something, if you're free! (: Im meeting up with some mates coming down from Brissie on the 11th, join us if you wanna (:

Oooo sounds fun! I have an exam on the 10th and MIGHT be busy on the 11th... so I'll get back to you on facebook if I'm free~ otherwise I'll meet up with you on the day for sure.

Hey all~

I might be buying a VIP standing ticket off a friend and the ticket is in a form of a pdf, so I will be printing it.

Will they be checking iDs of some sort to see if I was really the legit buyer of the ticket?

Or I just go there as normal, insert my ticket and watch the awesome concert?

Should be fine - I don't think they will be checking ID. I had my tickets sent in the mail and they don't actually have my name on them... so the PDF probably won't either. Usually the lines are way too long when people are feeding into a stadium/hall so you'll probably just have to scan the ticket and be on your way.

Guest happy go lucky

I have no confirmation but I'm guessing Friday morning... I'm hoping so anyway, because I have Friday off.

Anyone heard any solid details?

Thanks happy go lucky for the reply ^_^

Is there anyway to confirm that my ticket is valid?

The ticket will be e-mailed to me by my friend.

Oooo sounds fun! I have an exam on the 10th and MIGHT be busy on the 11th... so I'll get back to you on facebook if I'm free~ otherwise I'll meet up with you on the day for sure.

Haha aiight, just facebook me. I have an exam on the 9th... my last HSC exam haha goodluck with your exams anyhow! (:

does anyone know what time and what day the groups will be coming? I want to go see them at the airport

I probs will be going too!

friend gave me this news just then that B2ST, SHinee, TVXQ, SNSD and MBLAQ are arriving at 8:20am friday together but not really sure how confirm this is..

http://shinee-ninja.tumblr.com/post/12414380212/breaking-news-b2st-along-with-shinee-snsd-tvxq

Credits to Cherryjia from soshified.

i wonder when the other groups are comming.

Apparently its cos that's the only Asiana flight coming in on that day, and Asiana airlines are one of the sponsors for the event haha. But im not sure yet, i'm gonna be at the airport anyway cos i have friends coming in from Brissie.

After we see the stars (hopefully), we'll probs head for breakfast in the city (my friends have tickets for the rehearsal so they'll be going there later). Ppl are free to join us haha (:

Anyway with the flight, there arent any details on the sydney airport website. But probs will be 11th morning, Asiana airline or Korea air. The only Korea air flights that come in are in the morning so, yeah im just taking a chance to wait there haha.

Anybody else interested? Probs gonna get mobbed by 12 year olds haha

Guest ChemicalXYZ

@antih3r0: i'll probably be at the airport too..but i hope to see all 12 groups. i wonder if they are all arriving on the same day or are some gonna arrive on the 10th and the rest on the 11th. Did u guy buy the rehearsal pass? i thought it was a bit expensive...but i'm not gonna say anything. lol i just want to get some autographs lolz anyways good luck for HSC! Must be distracting...thinking about the kpop concert and studying at the same time lolz

Guest minwOoz_stunnr7

ChemicalXYZ

Did u guy buy the rehearsal pass?

Nah, I thought it was a complete waste of money. And apparently you watch from either silver or bronze so... I'd rather pay for a concert where the artists are putting all their effort in and are all styled and pumped and ready to entertain. Rehearsals are most often half-hearted and the artists don't put as much effort in as the actual performance, if that makes any sense haha. Plus, I doubt they would sign anything since approx 100 + (?) people are going to that too.

I can't wait guys! Despite my qualms of organisation + other logistics, I am still incredibly grateful that this event will be held. Is everyone going to the event JK + the sponsor set up before the event? http://www.kpopmusicfest.com.au/md/

And this was pretty helpful too (http://www.hellokpop.com/2011/11/06/australia-your-guide-to-the-2011-sydney-k-pop-music-fest-in-sydney/)

Especially for me + my friends since we are not from Sydney and will most likely get lost. haha :)

Guest ChemicalXYZ

@minwOoz_stunnr7: yeh i thought it was a bit expensive for the rehearsal too. (but i don't wanna say anything since people have bought it already) ummm day event, i wanted to go.....but i'm thinking whether i should stay outside their hotel or actually going to the event. IF all artist left the hotel heading to the concert venue, i don't have a point waiting outside hotel. so i might as well enjoy myself at the day event. If they haven't left the hotel, i might stay close to the hotel since there might be fewer people waiting outside the hotel (more chance to get anything signed). But then and again...i don't even know where they are staying now anyway and i'm not even sure if they're all going to be staying at the same hotel. Lol lots of unknown atm. But yeh i'm still gonna try my best and see if i can get anything signed.

Guest happy go lucky

Turns out I can't make it to the airport on Friday - got called up for a really important interview for a grad job I'm going for.

I guess we won't be reliving our days of (entirely heterosexual) Lee Minho stalking :( Although I am free all day Sunday so exit stalking is a potential.

@ChemicalXYZ: I strongly recommend AGAINST hotel stalking if you are after a signature, unless you are the only one knowing where they staying. Based on my experiences the artists will never sign for a relatively large group of people as their schedules are really tight with REALLY strict managers. Even if you do end up being the only person knowing where they are staying (unlikely given the scale of things) then you will still need to beg for a signature from their manager(s). Not worth it.

Just go day event, have fun!

Guest ChemicalXYZ

@happy go lucky: really? cuz a few years back when Rain had his concert in Sydney, i helped my friend ask his manager outside the hotel and he ended up getting Rain to sign on her album. Thats why i was hoping something similar would happen. Sigh.... to be honest, this is the only time that this can happen...i am leaving sydney soon and to be honest going close to them in an asian country is impossible so i'm not gonna even bother.

so if i am after a signiture, where do u think would be the best place to get one? apart from the CD shop lolz

Does anyone still interested with Vip standing?

I'm selling 1 VIP standing for 285 negotiable

I need to sell it ASAP

Contact moon_nightvale18@yahoo.com

Thx

Guest happy go lucky

@happy go lucky: really? cuz a few years back when Rain had his concert in Sydney, i helped my friend ask his manager outside the hotel and he ended up getting Rain to sign on her album. Thats why i was hoping something similar would happen. Sigh.... to be honest, this is the only time that this can happen...i am leaving sydney soon and to be honest going close to them in an asian country is impossible so i'm not gonna even bother.

so if i am after a signiture, where do u think would be the best place to get one? apart from the CD shop lolz

Yeah things were different back then... there were fan girls (and boys) but nothing to the scale that there is now. There's probably a few ways to get a signature now... but it's going to have to involve very precise timing or sheer luck. The best chance is when no one else is around... because if there are 20-30 people around, they just don't have time to sign for everyone - and signing for just one person will make people angrier than no one getting a signature at all.

Actually you would probably have pretty good luck in an Asian country... there seems to be a lot more fan-signing type events there, depending where you are obviously. Don't give up hope, try your best... but just don't get your hopes too high. The problem with the current situation is that since there are so many groups coming, there will be fans from all of them all out hunting together, which just makes things hard :(

Guest zoomlo85

hey,

what time does concert start and finish?

when is the best time to get there if you have VIP standing seats?

How about merchandise? balloons etc?

Maybe not such a good idea anyway, not so young for this concert loool only young at heart.

@antih3r0: i'll probably be at the airport too..but i hope to see all 12 groups. i wonder if they are all arriving on the same day or are some gonna arrive on the 10th and the rest on the 11th. Did u guy buy the rehearsal pass? i thought it was a bit expensive...but i'm not gonna say anything. lol i just want to get some autographs lolz anyways good luck for HSC! Must be distracting...thinking about the kpop concert and studying at the same time lolz

Im not sure about them arriving together, but there is a good chance of seeing the majority of them on the 11th. Haha no i didn't buy a rehearsal pass, it was so overpriced! My friends won rehearsal passes though so they're going. And thanks! Nah it wasn't too bad, the distraction only began this week with the event in a few days and such haha

Turns out I can't make it to the airport on Friday - got called up for a really important interview for a grad job I'm going for.

I guess we won't be reliving our days of (entirely heterosexual) Lee Minho stalking :( Although I am free all day Sunday so exit stalking is a potential.

HAHAHA OHH the good ol days hahaha. We were so excited when he came out of the arrival hall hahahaa

And yeah i agree with you on the staying outside the hotel thing. There's always gonna be rumours as to which hotel they're staying at, and it's never the right one. So fans end up jumping from hotel to hotel in a rush, everyone is confused, there's too much frustration and whatever.... hahaha

hey,

what time does concert start and finish?

when is the best time to get there if you have VIP standing seats?

How about merchandise? balloons etc?

Maybe not such a good idea anyway, not so young for this concert loool only young at heart.

Concert is supposedly beginning at 7pm and going to about 10-11pm.

Well JKEnt has organised pre-concert events in the ANZ Stadium Concord (im guessing thats just that massive area outside the stadium) so you could go early for that. And they're also selling merch at this day event (:

Im worried the merch is gonna be expensive.... JKEnt has a knack of jacking prices up :S

Archived