Can you recommend some books for me?

ParappaRappa

Based on ones that I've liked
These days, I've found some books that I loved

Which is really rare, because for years I just hated reading books and everything

But I guess it's just because I just never found the right books for me, haha

So, I was wondering if anybody had some recommendations for books based off the ones I've really enjoyed?

I just recently finished Room by Emma Donoghue. I absolutely LOVED this book to bits and pieces. I only picked it up since I was trying to slack off during math class and figured I'd prefer reading than paying attention :sweatingbullets: But I got so into this book that I would feel kind of devastated once class ended...and once the book ended, I was happy yet so sad because I had such an amazing time reading that book! The book is about a five-year-old boy named Jack who was born and has been living in a place he calls "Room" his entire life. Room is his world; he doesn't know what outside world is at all. It's told from his perspective. It's a very good book, I recommend it to anyone!

Before Room, I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon which I also liked. Not loved, but I liked it enough to have a generally good time reading it (which is very rare for me with books, haha) It's about a 15-year-old boy with Asperger's syndrome and the book is kind of his little mystery case of finding out who killed the dog in the night-time. But there's lots more to this book like family problems and such. Also the things he deals with when he doesn't understand others and their actions due to his autism. This book is also told from his perspective.

I also really liked the Chicken Soup For the Soul books.

So, I'm starting to think I kind of like books told from children's perspectives? And that see the world in a different kind of way. Honestly, after reading Room I just almost felt like my life had changed a little bit. I loved that book so, so much!!!

And then I think I always enjoy reading short stories about inspirational things that can help you through hard times.

If anyone could recommend books they think I'd enjoy, I'd really appreciate it!!

Archived