For Asians who were born & grew up outside of Asia or non Asians who grew up in Asia

riribl

Ethnicity: Japanese

Was born and grew up in: Hawaii

Currently living in: Hawaii

Eat rice as your staple food?: Definitely. My rice cooker at home is (usually) never empty, and when it is it's immediately cooking rice again.

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: I'm sure when I eventually leave Hawaii due to a job I probably will be too lazy to clean and cook rice, and will resort to instant noodles or something related LOL.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cinemaonthepark

Ethnicity: Chines

eWas born and grew up in: US

Currently living in: US

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yes

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?

Guest ErikAoki

Ethnicity: Japanese

Was born and grew up in: Brazil

Currently living in: Brazil

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yes, with some other things

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: Bread, spaghetti or noodles.

Guest bellarose

Ethnicity: Chinese

Was born and grew up in: Europe/US

Eat rice as your staple food?: see below

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: see below

When I was at home, we ate rice almost every meal, but I wasn't a big fan. I would only eat like 3/4 of a bowl....unless the food that went with it was strongly flavored...then I would eat way more rice. When I live on my own, I hardly eat rice. I'm more of a pasta/noodle person, and I don't mean just Italian. I like udon, pancit, rice noodles?, etc...idk what the rest are called...but I like them all. I don't think I've had noodles I didn't like yet.

Guest Blissiursa

Ethnicity: British Bengal

Was born and grew up in: UK

Currently living in: UK

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yes, every day. However, sometimes on a weekend we would get chips. Also, noodles, vegetables, etc. 

Guest xDollars

Was born and grew up in: US

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yup, I have it at least once a day. xD

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: If it wasn't rice, it'd definitely be noodles. Any kind.

Guest penguillama

Was born and grew up in: China until I was 6

Eat rice as your staple food?: only because I'm in college and the rice cooker is my best friend. but it's not really my staple food, I just cook rice when I feel uninspired or don't have anything else to make. toss in some veggies, fry with eggs, BAM it's a meal.

Was born and grew up in: China until I was 5

Currently living in: NZ

Eat rice as your staple food?: It might be cos I'm northern Chinese, but I've always found things made from flour (ie noodles etc) more appealing. I can tolerate rice, and do find it a nice complement to dishes in general... But would I be able to eat it 2 times a day 5 days in a row?

No.

I prefer noodles. There are alot of different style of noodles and I'd just be happier eating that.

Yay! Mantou's are great.

I eat them with zacai (pickled veges) and like meat.

Guest kittenparty

Ethnicity: Korean/white

Was born and grew up in: Canada

Currently living in: Canada

Eat rice as your staple food?: not really...I'll occasionally make rice and I eat sushi often enough though

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: pasta or potatoes 

I have a small, cheap rice cooker that I can't leave rice in because it will get burnt/crispy so if I had a better rice cooker that could actually store rice rather than burn it I would probably make and eat rice more often.

Guest monicarr

Ethnicity: Vietnamese

Was born and grew up in: Australia

Currently living in: Australia

Eat rice as your staple food?: Pretty much.. it's either rice or noodles.

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: On the odd day, we might eat fast food (e.g. pizza, burgers, kfc) or pasta ^^ though i actually prefer rice and noodles. i love my asian food :)

Guest C4R0L

[b]Ethnicity[/b]: Chinese

[b]Was born and grew up in[/b]: Canada

[b]Currently living in[/b]: Canada

[b]Eat rice as your staple food?[/b]: My family usually does, and I'll eat like half a bowl, but I prefer noodles :)

[b]If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?[/b]: I usually like noodles over rice :)

Was born and grew up in: born in China, adopted when I was 4 months old and grew up in the Netherlands

Currently living in: the Netherlands

Eat rice as your staple food?: No

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: in the morning bread, in the afternoon bread, and in the evening potatoes

But we eat chinese or japanese food 2 days a week, so I guess rice and noodles come second and third  to potatoes

Guest Maaiissterr

Ethnicity: Hmong

Was born and grew up in: Born in California but grew up in Michigan

Currently living in: Michigan

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yes, even when I go to school I'll pack a bag of rice sometimes. I don't think I could ever go a week without having rice at all.

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?:

Guest xxkukiko

Was born and grew up in: Australia

Currently living in: Australia

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yes, but I prefer other food..like noodles and bread as staple.

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?

Guest Scatter_88mil

Ethnicity: Korean

Was born and grew up in: Born in Korea, moved to New Zealand fairly early on (can't remember when exactly)

Currently living in: New Zealand

Rice as stable food? Mostly, yes.

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food? Usually bread in the morning, noodles for lunch or dinner and rarely, baked potatoes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jdrewprx

Ethnicity:

Cantonese

Was born and grew up in:

California! Socal!

Currently living in:

United Kingdom...

Eat rice as your staple food?:

YESSSSS. I can live off rice...I LOVE RICE!

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?:...who can live without rice!? :-S okay...jokes....hmm veggies, or fish! :x

Guest noodleboii

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yeahh rice is the main food for almost every meal.

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: mainly noodles, pasta or bread

Ethnicity: Malay

Was born and grew up in: Singapore

Currently living in: Singapore

Eat rice as your staple food?: Yeah

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: burgers, fries... mainly fastfood cause i love fastfood!

Guest notyourcupoftea

Eat rice as your staple food?: No

If you don't eat rice, what's your staple food?: I grew up eating rice everyday for dinner, but now I can easily go days without touching it. Also, I don't really eat white rice anymore because I prefer brown rice for the higher nutritional value. I don't like to eat the same food everyday though, so I mix it up with noodles, pasta, bread, quinoa, salads, etc.

Archived