[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest ngthuhien149

^

It may be different because she might actually fall in love with YooHyun as for Myung Hoon she really just uses and you know, promiscuity is just sort of something that is not featured a lot in Asian dramas and here we are having an antiheroine who sleeps her way to the top ... and it is kind of sad that she will reel in YooHyun also who has been nothing but kind hearted to her. But their loveline seems... a bit different in development. At least based on that preview... she seems more genuine and actually overwhelmed around him.

Hee Joo will blow her cover probably out of concern for Yoo Hyun.

Agree with u about the development I feel the same. I dunno whether she in sincere or not n it is as fast but I can definitely feel the different ^^ so is that a good thing? :lol: I sincerely hope she is more genuine around him.

Anyway is it only me who adore young Yutaka and his mom? They are so beautiful together

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripgal

Just saw the preview, and it really felt different, the way Miri reacted to Yutaka and all.

I dunno, it just felt less pretentious and kinda real? Maybe the pimp told her something and she was reminded of her trashy life and all, and all that wud come back to her. And that evoked her vulnerable side?

Gah, the preview makes me wanna watch it right away!

Guest imogene_af

ripgal - OHMYGAHD. He is so adorable. He looks like a little boy. How can she use him???! haha. But I don't know if I am seeing stuff she seems genuine with him in the latter part of the preview.

Also I like how we are seeing some darkness in Hee Joo finally when she looks on with such jealousy at a baseball game.

The turn of events of ep 5 was expected. The full seduction scheme is in full effect. I'm not really affected by how manipulative she had become, rather i'm looking forward to see her drown in own pool. I can totally sense that she will love Yoohyun later on. Maybe because of him, she will try to find the inner good of herself. But of course, there will probably no light at the end of the tunnel for our Miri.

I thought it was in a summary somewhere before that Y will find her secrets first. But he will accept it and shield her. I wonder if the writer will still put that into effect.

I read that too. Well, I think I read that he will be heartbroken but he also wants to save her? Something to that extent.

her... reactions in Episode 6 with YooHyun... is she serious? I don't even know when she is real or not. OMG. :lol: She seemed genuine. Is she serious?! I need subs.

is she that far off from redemption, though? I don't think she is. I think she will be over her head if she actually ends up killing someone... you think she can go that dark route?

I think next time we should mention in which scene u think Miri is real and fake .Like Ur drinking game LOL .Even today Miri rejected yutaka twice LOL

I still feel she has good side to her don't why like in today episode when she was leaving HJ house the way she was looking back at HJ when she was sleeping.Like in ep 3 when HJ hug Miri when she applied bandage to HJ if u see Miri reaction it was real .This girl changes my mind every second and every episode .

Guest bluemoonlight

@imogene_af: I really hope too that during her scheming of Yuhyun...that she does somehow truly fall in love with him. I guess it would somehow lessen the hurt that people see she's causing him. I mean, she's still a conniving, manipulative b***h, but at least it would show that she actually has a "heart"...I don't know...

@wls2948: It's great that you're optimistic, but for a drama like this...I don't see how it's possible for a happy ending for the both of them. I really believe the beginning of the first ep kinda foreshadowed how this would end...a really sad, tragic ending for Miri.

This ep was WOW...I was totally not expecting the seduction/bed scene so soon for Miri & Myunghoon...but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, she is working him quite quickly now and definitely picked up the pace in her schemes. I don't know about you guys, but I felt uncomfortable watching not the bed scene ironically, but their lovey dovey couple dating scenes...it was just so fake, especially on Miri's part...haha. He seemed to actually be enjoying himself and having a good time, but she was all "show", but I guess that's the point. Even though I wanted more YuRi interactions and it seems like we'll get them in the next ep, it seems so sudden. A little too sudden in fact, one minute she's bedding the boss, then next minute she's wiping crumbs away from the bigger boss' lips...just WOW, she's GOOD! She sees a bigger fish to fry...and she's lightning quick to pounce on that!

This drama has totally got me hooked and I tried persuading my friend to watch it too, so we could spazz, argue, whatever about it, but alas, melodramas are not her thing...

Ep 6 looks so good, can't wait!

Guest ngthuhien149

Why do I feel like only 3 or 4 of us chatting to each other :sweatingbullets: SILENT READERS DO STH NOW xDxD REVEAL YOUR SELF xDxD Ok jk jk

Anyway I love young Yutaka, he is so pretty just like his mom. I love those 2 >< That kid is adorable I just wanna squish him so bad ><

Graveyard Scene

Cr: me

Please take out with CREDIT

Btw can some1 go back n watch the preview n see his face when he hugged Miri, did u see sth or is it only me? :rolleyes:

And there are some scenes when Miri is being fake to Myunghoon n that funny classic dancing music being played, it is like I am watching a play xD I know she is being sad to him but how they use music cracked me up.

I so love scary Yuhyun when he works n hate fool Yuhyun in love xD

Guest wls2948

i see Miri as a victim who is fighting back against life that has given her a raw deal. she still not out of trouble, the pimp is out there looking for her and she knows that. she is desperate to cling on to something and someone who can shield her and that person right now is the boss. either she survives in korea or she gets booted back to japan and goes back to her old life....and she is probably so fearful of being losing whatever little security she has right now she does what she knows and can do to hold on to it at all costs. her seduction of the boss ensures that he will be personally vested in her and shields her when her cover gets blown. she doesn't love the boss, that's for sure.

i am sure heartbreaks awaits miri when she sets out to seduce the big boss and discovers love for the first time in her life. she will hate her past and all the stuff she had done and will run away then time gap,,2 years later, she rebuilds a new life somewhere far away in a small island and yutaka and miri meets again and reunites....aww, my imagination is running away :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

Hi ngthuhien149,

Ha, definitely following along here- though I would disagree for now... I'm not yet convinced Miri likes YH at all... well, at least not beyond the fact that he's more powerful than her boss and she wants to align herself with him quickly. ;)

I'd like to think that for now Miri is thinking with her head, and it's the boys who are thinking with their hearts (and other things!) Let's not forget, although Miri did the deliberate seducing that the boys are the ones who are willing, more than willing, conspirators, so let's not get carried away pointing the finger at Miri, when the boys are getting a good time out of all of this as well!

So far, it's a win-win situation... boys fall in love, Miri secures her position in Korea- it's only in the future, how Miri might break a heart or two as she tries to keep her feet on "both boats" (i.e., date both boys at once) to stay ahead that there is true conflict of interest for the guys.

Now it's mostly HJ who is 'losing'- and I'd like her to show us her stuff and possibly begin counter-plotting! (Not too likely I admit- it's hard to have multiple powerful characters, but we can only hope she gets closer to the heights of her co-stars/characters instead of being just a victim!)

I'm actually liking Miri more now- funnily enough- she's one powerful gal. Before she was just desperate and tearful and disloyal. Now she's in control and truly playing with the feelings of everyone (even HJ- did you see her tears when talking to HJ asking her to cover up for her?). If we're going to have a totally unscrupulous lead anti-heroine then we should have one who's fun, and Miri is getting to be fun! :)

Guest imogene_af

^

nguthien- I SEE something too. I was like who is playing games with who here... either that or Micky just looks like he has one upped someone with just his regular face. :lol:

Because if Yoo Hyun is playing her, I would much like that too.

23330082.jpg

37143938.jpg

He does not seem so naive, I think.

LOL we are the same people posting here... bluemoonlight! welcome to the insanity!

Guest ngthuhien149

^

nguthien- I SEE something too. I was like who is playing games with who here... either that or Micky just looks like he has one upped someone with just his regular face. :lol:

Because if Yoo Hyun is playing her, I would much like that too.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

He does not seem so naive, I think.

LOL we are the same people posting here... bluemoonlight! welcome to the insanity!

Maybe it is just me but Yoohyung's face is more fake than Miri's in that scene (or Yoochun's acting is bad xD I hope not) :sweatingbullets: I would love that but I doubt it happens tho, it is too early, I wonder if the drama is moving with this speed, high chance that later episodes will be all about how Miri has to pay for what she has done.

and yeah we are talking to each other, no1 is going to say sth except us? xD :lol:

Guest imogene_af

Hi ngthuhien149,

Ha, definitely following along here- though I would disagree for now... I'm not yet convinced Miri likes YH at all... well, at least not beyond the fact that he's more powerful than her boss and she wants to align herself with him quickly. ;)

I'd like to think that for now Miri is thinking with her head, and it's the boys who are thinking with their hearts (and other things!) Let's not forget, although Miri did the deliberate seducing that the boys are the ones who are willing, more than willing, conspirators, so let's not get carried away pointing the finger at Miri, when the boys are getting a good time out of all of this as well!

So far, it's a win-win situation... boys fall in love, Miri secures her position in Korea- it's only in the future, how Miri might break a heart or two as she tries to keep her feet on "both boats" (i.e., date both boys at once) to stay ahead that there is true conflict of interest for the guys.

Now it's mostly HJ who is 'losing'- and I'd like her to show us her stuff and possibly begin counter-plotting! (Not too likely I admit- it's hard to have multiple powerful characters, but we can only hope she gets closer to the heights of her co-stars/characters instead of being just a victim!)

I'm actually liking Miri more now- funnily enough- she's one powerful gal. Before she was just desperate and tearful and disloyal. Now she's in control and truly playing with the feelings of everyone (even HJ- did you see her tears when talking to HJ asking her to cover up for her?). If we're going to have a totally unscrupulous lead anti-heroine then we should have one who's fun, and Miri is getting to be fun! :)

THANK YOU for that comment. It is true, the men are the ones willingly falling for her ways. Miri is not sticking a gun to their heads to hook up with her. But I do think it's our stand-offish reaction to female sexuality that made people abhor her. A lot of these roles were given to men, Casonovas like Kim Nam Gil in Bad Guy, Kimura Takuya in Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi who use sexuality as their power but no one really is as disgusted, but with women, there is still a stigma there.

As for her really liking Yoo Hyun to early to tell, but she seemed sincere but then again Miri is such a good actress. You never know which mask she is wearing.

I wonder how Shin Jeong Ah feels about this. This is really all the rumors about her coming to play. Some of which she denied.

Guest bluemoonlight

I think others might be afraid to post...LOL...it seems kinda exclusive (jk)

I  definitely don't think Yuhyun's naive at all, he's probably a more calculating character than Miri...haha, just that he's not so  blatant about it.

My guess is that Yuhyun will obviously know Miri has ulterior motives, but he's so in love (infatuated) with her, that he doesn't really care...and maybe he believes he can truly "win" her over in the end.

And thanks imogene_af for the welcome :)

Guest upamak

That preview only showed his face for a second, maybe he will smile sincerely afterwards. However if he really was being fake, I wonder why? did he find out about Miri's lies? Yutaka is based on morals and principles who does not like lies and does not like to hurt others. He works his way through successfully without hurting anyone..so I doubt it he is trying to hurt her. The only thing I can think of is that he is trying to fix Miri as a person...maybe? let's see what happens in episode 6.

Also I feel like he is using Heejoo to get to Miri..I'm not sure if he is doing it intentionally or just as a blind person in love..some of my guy friends has done this to me before...tried to become closer friends with me since I knew someone they liked...but it wasn't as if they were being evil. But if Yutaka did it intentionally..he sure is a smart boy. Seems like they will start to move Heejoo's story soon from what I saw at the preview at the basketball game ..that glance towards them is probably the beginning of her story.

Guest good123

Medium Quality

Miss Ripley Eps. 05

200 Mb MKV File

msripleye05xvidhanrels.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://hotfile.com/dl/120808009/e5088ad/Ms.Ripley.E05.XviD-HANrel.mkv.html

or

http://www.fileserve.com/file/mu3vuAU/Ms.Ripley.E05.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.easy-share.com/1916048272/Ms.Ripley.E05.XviD-HANrel.mkv

Guest Dangermousie

I don't hate Miri after this episode. In a way, everything is a logical progression of her first lie about her diploma and having to keep it up - since she said that, she had to steal HJ'd diploma for copying, do anything possible with MJ so he won't investigate her too carefully (and as a former street-walker, she's used to using her body as a commodity. This is nothing shamefully new to her, in fact MH at least cares for her, as opposed to her clients). She's using the skills she learned in order to survive in her dark environment in Japan. Going after Yutaka is less directly 'justified' - whether she dates him or not has zip to do with hiding her background. But the thing is, the lies are a slippery slope for her and the more she does wrong, the better rewards she reaps, the more she feels justified in continuing her course - in for a penny, in for a pound, so to speak. Especially since when she tried a new honest start in Korea she got nowhere and even got molested and now she is doing wrong after wrong, she's living well - in a way it's a perverse life lesson to her. She's progressing from desperation to greed to enjoying using her power.

The problem is, she's still thinking in a 'cornered' way, only from moment to moment, likely the way she had to be in Japan to survive - she doesn't make any proper "further ahead' plans. Let's say she now seduces Yoohyun - then what - she can't risk antagonizing MH either, if she has any brains. But if she only sticks with MH, then what - does she want him to marry her and make her rich wifey? Or have a long career at the hotel? Neither seems that easy to accomplish especially with pimp still hanging out there, HJ knowing things, and the fact that any background check by any third party would reveal everything. And she can't transfer jobs because she'd have to do the forgeries again, etc.

The thing is, is Miri doing a horrible thing to people around her? Yes, unquestionably. Is she a horrible person? Ummm, I think that one is a lot more complex. I don't think she enjoys inflicting pain, which would be a hallmark of a truly bad person. She's in her "me against the world" mode and, at least in her head, is doing what she does to survive. Perhaps a better way to describe her would be a damaged person. She's damaged on a very basic level due to her past - it's not just her right/wrong meter that is busted (though she's no sociopath. I am pretty sure she realizes that e.g. seducing MH is wrong, that is why she tries to justify her bad acts, she just ultimately cares more for herself than for morals). I was talking to someone on lj after ep 3, and I mentioned that I think her very sense of self is broken, and I think so still - that is why it is so easy for her to create those endless roles and wear those multiple masks - she's not even sure who she really is, and playacting fills that empty hole in her (and also protects her real self from hurt).

So yeah, I don't hate Miri. I pity her. And I doubt she'd have a happy ending. Especially now that she's just slept with MH for power and profit - when drama heroines are promiscuous, they always get punished (see Bali).

OK, this is really long, I apologize, I got carried away.

Guest chiblimoon

I just started to watch this drama ..  because of Micky :rolleyes: ..

but man oh man .. the first episode is a bit depressing :o 

THANK YOU for that comment. It is true, the men are the ones willingly falling for her ways. Miri is not sticking a gun to their heads to hook up with her. But I do think it's our stand-offish reaction to female sexuality that made people abhor her. A lot of these roles were given to men, Casonovas like Kim Nam Gil in Bad Guy, Kimura Takuya in Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi who use sexuality as their power but no one really is as disgusted, but with women, there is still a stigma there.

As for her really liking Yoo Hyun to early to tell, but she seemed sincere but then again Miri is such a good actress. You never know which mask she is wearing.

I wonder how Shin Jeong Ah feels about this. This is really all the rumors about her coming to play. Some of which she denied.

Yeah I'm getting a sense of that stigma a lot particularly on non-English sites... sigh. And as Dangermousie says, it's still Korea, so sleeping your way to your goals might be dangerously sly and entertaining in a lead male character, but for a lead female might be a sign-post for a tragic ending!

Yikes!

Miri seems to be having fun with MH too from my view, though that's all very likely forgery at this point... but perhaps, like the characters in Infernal Affairs, after awhile Miri is going to get confused about what is fake and what isn't?

EDIT

Dangermousie, I'm with you- Miri needs a strategy and not just be responsive. But to give her her due she's literally, being chased by her past and pressed hard to do something NOW. So she's like a CEO of an in-trouble company- a lot of fire-fighting, and no time to think long term strategy. A common mistake made by those whose lives don't even depend on what they do.

In terms of strategy I admit if I were planning a strategy for Miri, I think sticking to MH is good enough. If Miri got on with MH for another few months without mishap, then she could one day fess up about her past and tell MH about her pimp chasing her and MH would very likely forgive her and take her in and help her (afterall he admits he himself has his own past and he is clearly very besotted by her).

Possibly she'll have to leave her job and just stay a wife to MH since her forged documents can't be kept a secret forever, but if she's just MH's wife, who's going to continue to pursue whether or not she has a degree from Tokyo U?

I think it might be a bit of greed and opportunism that she's trying to jump ship... I mean YH's BEGGING her practically to go out with him, and YH might be more inclined than MH to forgive her since Miri never did lie directly to YH. so perhaps Miri thinks her chances are better with YH? Plus if she was married instead to YH, why then, her future would be very secure indeed.

Still think it's a tactical mistake, specially since she's antagonizing HJ at the same time to do this (she needs to be more observant about the women around her too, not just the men) and HJ has power over her already.

Guest Dangermousie

Miri seems to be having fun with MH too from my view, though that's all very likely forgery at this point... but perhaps, like the characters in Infernal Affairs, after awhile Miri is going to get confused about what is fake and what isn't?

I think she already is. When she's 'in the moment', whether it's with the Japanese PM's daughter, HJ or Myung Hoon, I get the impression she almost makes herself believe what she's saying and pretending to feel - her walls between reality and make-believe are crumbling - probably because she lies more than she is honest, even with herself - she claims it's about getting power but in reality it's about her being scared and never wanting to be hurt or abandoned again, the way she was with her mother, her adopted family etc. If you think about it, every time she gave her affection honestly, she was punished. Her mother left her even as Miri begged, she ended up being adopted into hellish family instead of HJ as result of trying to protect her, we don't know how her adopted family treated her and what she felt about them, but synopsis said she ended up in debt and having to work for the pimp because of them - clearly in her experience, affection ruins you and makes you bound, and everyone who seems to care for you either hurts you or leaves you. No wonder she'd rather playact.

Archived