Kojic Whitening Soap

Guest jellobeans

Guest jellobeans

Is it effective?
Hello! So I ordered a bar of kojic whitening soap, after reading through the likas papaya soap thread. This is what it looks like:

41fLbsm8evL.jpg

The ingredients include "Kojic Acid" and I was wondering if this is too harmful? I asked my mom and she flipped out at me about acid sounding dangerous, and cause my skin to become terrible, and why do I want to be pale anywayy~ But she doesn't understand, because she's already pale and uses whitening creams herself. -_- Anyway, back on topic. (Disclaimer: Nothing wrong with being tan, I just like myself better light :))

This soap is supposed to whiten your skin faster than Likas and help to fade acne scars/blemishes. Has anyone tried it? Also, I read somewhere that you're supposed to massage it onto your skin and leave it there for 10~20 seconds before washing it off. The first time use should be a regular wash because of how strong the ingredients are, and that it might sting a bit. If anyone can better inform/help me it'd be greatly appreciated! B)

Guest MeiHearts

meh~ i don't think it was that great. and the texture of the soap bar becomes really nasty and slimy the more that you use it. i'm not sure if it made me lighter or not so tehre wasn't a dramatic difference. make sure to moisturize a lot afterwards

Well I use a Kojic Acid soap everyday to shower... I've used it for a few months already. I would say it works, cause when I have stopped using it, I notice parts of my body looking darker again, but when I use the soap they seem to look lighter. But honestly it doesn't do a dramatic change, but I still think it's good to keep your skin looking light/pale. The one I use is by Kojie San, don't know what's the difference about the Diana Stalder soaps.

• 4 months later...
Guest Rachel901

I think it works, I used it for about a month or two and noticed my uneven spots and scars lightening, but it didn't lighten my skin too much all over. The Kojic soap exfoliated my skin really well and caused some peeling, but the glutathione soap seemed to be the more effective skin whitener I was about a half shade lighter when the bar ran out. Southgain on ebay reccomended using the kojic acid soap first, then using the glutathione, it worked for me, but I slacked off a little on sun protection, so I tanned again.  I am now trying the licorice soap, I have only used it for a few days, so I can't really tell if it is working. Plus I am pretty tan to begin with and I tan very easily, so it may take longer to work on me.

Guest jellobeans

WHOA I completely forgot about this thread! Thanks for all the helpful incite everyone. ^^ I actually ordered the soap a couple months ago and it was really working for me! It also helped with my acne. At first it stings a bit, but after a few uses it doesn't sting anymore, and just feels like regular soap. I agree that the bar gets really slimy after use though, and it runs out quick. I'm not using it anymore sadly because my mom got extra paranoid and scolded at me because I was getting so pale, can you believe that?? She said that it's unhealthy and to stop using it because my skin will get bumpy.. well.. now it's bumpy with acne. D: I'll probably start using it again once I move out bahaha. I'm tan now because I've stopped using it, but it definitely works! ^^

Archived