[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest szufontana

So! SBS released the script to episode 20~  :wub:   Which means in the script is also the original ending of episode 20 (the ending that would've been if not for the flood in Korea, which cancelled all outdoor scenes).

Someone has translated the last few scenes of the script (the ending, which is really the part that matters hehe), BUT it's in Chinese.  So if you can read Chinese, link to the image of the translated script is here  :)

http://ww1.sinaimg.c...djx3n9icwij.jpg

Credit is in the image.

For those that don't understand Chinese, the gist of it:

- 3 Years Later - (actually the part before this, the YS and Dad showdown, is a bit different too but not going to go into that)

YS paid a visit to the monument, met and had a brief conversation with the President there, YS said they'll not meet again

Ajusshi opened up a restaurant, and the President + bodyguards went there to eat

Sahee paid a visit to YJ's grave (well.. the pot that stores his ashes) and said that she's going to Australia, we see the "Flower Boy on Board" thing Nana made beside the pot

Dahye became a singer in group KARA (lol) after being scouted while working at the coffee shop, sings the song with "Nananana" in it, Nana see this on TV and comments how Dahye should've told her if she was going to use her name in the song LOL

GoKiJoon and ShinEun getting married

Kyunghee happily making food, calls up Nana to tell her and YS to go over to eat

Nana and YS opened up a detective agency, Nana complaining how they always get the boring jobs lol

YS helping out  a kid with getting a cat out of the trees as Nana rides in on a bicycle to find YS to go eat at Kyunhee's, Dahye calls YS and puts in a request to investigate her stalker, then YS sees this bikini girl, hangs up, Nana sees what YS is looking at,  jealousy flares up and uses her signature judo move on YS lol (throwing him over her shoulder)

then ends with YS paying a visit to a client

Wow! Thanks a million for this post.

It makes so much sense to have ended this way instead. A proper closure. If only the rain didn't happen I guess, but oh well, at least now I can imagine how things could have happened. :rolleyes:

Lee Min Ho, O.K. with ‘City hunter’ season 2 if I can show new character as a city hunter

Lee Min Ho (24) became a star over night with a role of ‘Goo Joon Pyo’ of a KBS 2TV drama ‘Boys over flowers’. But getting over night is temporary and its durability was doubtful. A SBS TV drama ‘City hunter’ washed away this doubt. He came to be recognized as an actor who has acting ability as well as his good-looking appearance. Lee Min Ho granted the meaning to the drama by saying that “It was the drama that I can display my potential the most. I had the strong image as an overnight-star but I could reach the title called an actor. This drama expanded the range of acting that I can choose.” ‘City hunter’ based on the original work from Japan was noticed dealing with social issues. It put social issues such as ‘An issue of misusing the charge for a school meals’, ‘Corruption for military supplies’, ‘School tuition of half the sum’ at the front. But the love line that was ambiguous enough to make ‘a rumor that Lee Min Ho became a ghost’ made the viewers feel lacking in the drama. Lee Min Ho admitted that by saying, “I feel lacking in love line in the drama. After having a kiss with Park Min Young, ‘Km Na Na’ and the identity of city hunter was revealed, there was no progress. It was lacking that I said to wait till I finish punishing the 5 people.” “I am sympathized with the emotions of a city hunter, ‘Lee Yoon Seong’ to some degree but I think it might have been possible for him to appeal his emotions with a little bit different way, a way that a grown up can display. And there was a little bit of frustrating aspect that he can’t make her stay next to him by holding after he says to break up with her.” In spite of this, there was a lot in common with Lee Min Ho in the ending part. “I’ve thought that if Lee Min Seong shows bright aspect of his character in the end after experiencing a great pain, the unselfish life of ‘Yoon Seong’ might look selfish. It was similar with what I thought that he drives a car to a city with a lonely looking.” He has ever thought of the ending that he dies. “We couldn’t make the ending that he dies because of the original work. But I imagined with a director that he is shot and comes to have a loss of memory because his death will make the biggest impact. We’ve thought of the ending that he stays in the status without his memory not knowing whether he is dead or not.” Lee Min Ho in the drama is raised by his step-father, Kim Sang Joong (46) who survived from a terror in Ah Woong San in 1983 learned how to survive by himself in wherever it is like a battlefield, or a desert. He acted the role of a city hunter who stands on the side of the weak punishing the 5 people who were involved in a terror in Ah Woong San working in the Blue House as a doctor. How was the life of Lee Yoong Seong who punished 5 people changed? “If I were ‘Yoong Seong’, I would have shaken off his personal history and lived his own life. Wouldn’t he have chosen living an ordinary life being retired from the world?” There’re a lot of opinions that show expectation about ‘City hunter’ season 2 because the ending was obscure. Lee Min Ho admitted that “I don’t know whether there is any plan for season 2 or not but I think I can join it if I can show new character as a city hunter.

credit & copyright: innolife <禁止無故轉載及散佈>

Guest myphim

Lee Min Ho, O.K. with ‘City hunter’ season 2 if I can show new character as a city hunter

In spite of this, there was a lot in common with Lee Min Ho in the ending part. “I’ve thought that if Lee Min Seong shows bright aspect of his character in the end after experiencing a great pain, the unselfish life of ‘Yoon Seong’ might look selfish. It was similar with what I thought that he drives a car to a city with a lonely looking.” He has ever thought of the ending that he dies. “We couldn’t make the ending that he dies because of the original work. But I imagined with a director that he is shot and comes to have a loss of memory because his death will make the biggest impact. We’ve thought of the ending that he stays in the status without his memory not knowing whether he is dead or not.” Lee Min Ho in the drama is raised by his step-father, Kim Sang Joong (46) who survived from a terror in Ah Woong San in 1983 learned how to survive by himself in wherever it is like a battlefield, or a desert. He acted the role of a city hunter who stands on the side of the weak punishing the 5 people who were involved in a terror in Ah Woong San working in the Blue House as a doctor. How was the life of Lee Yoong Seong who punished 5 people changed? “If I were ‘Yoong Seong’, I would have shaken off his personal history and lived his own life. Wouldn’t he have chosen living an ordinary life being retired from the world?” There’re a lot of opinions that show expectation about ‘City hunter’ season 2 because the ending was obscure. Lee Min Ho admitted that “I don’t know whether there is any plan for season 2 or not but I think I can join it if I can show new character as a city hunter.

credit & copyright: innolife <禁止無故轉載及散佈>

Sorry to cut your post.

As long as he is considering it, there is a chance for City Hunter Season 2.

Thank you for the good new.

hi everyone, just want to share my city hunter MV...

All ABout Young Joo - Sae Hee Couple, hope u will like it.. :wub:

[MV] City Hunter - Lee Joon Hyuk | So Goodbye (OST)

Thank you for video. Lovely!

Guest aya2299

im not sure if anyone already posted this but i want to know if anyone knows how to get the iphone sounds that they had in the drama. i thought that it was a cute sound. it was like a little 'blip' sound. im not sure if it was sms tone or a keyboard click sound. anyways just wondering since i want to get that on my iphone. please reply! thanks!!

this is kim nana ringtone

My link

Guest bashful

If you want to see Kim Nana Dance to f(x)'s song Nu Abo, look at this clip

Too bad they cut this part after they announced this in the news site

Other NG clip, 14 minutes long

thank you for the clips........

"City Hunter" : Lee Min-ho's TOP 5 fashion in City Hunter

Starring as Lee Yun-seong, a womanizer who secretly becomes the controversial City Hunter, Lee Min-ho has spelled his charm and magnetized the majority of Korean drama-addicted. His suave attitude, mysterious image, and high sense of fashion have indeed supported "City Hunter" to reach excellent ranks both in Seoul and nationwide for several times.

Here are the TOP 5 Lee Min-ho's fashions during the "City Hunter".

-1-

posterphoto187500.jpg

Black suit, tiny little black tie, perfectly-polished shoes, and white shirt will always do. And if only the owner is Lee Min-ho, who can resists not taking a peek?

-2-

posterphoto187498.jpg

Untidy and neglected hair with a sweaty loose T-shirt definitely depicts a bad-boy. But carrying a gun with that massive size, that's exactly a really BAD-BOY that we adore.

-3-

posterphoto187499.jpg

Combination of PINK pants and long coat? It doesn't always work for guys. Lee Min-ho, he's the total exception. Even if Lee Min-ho wears pink pants completed with pink shirt and carries his pink suitcase with style, it might still have its own unique charm.

-4-

posterphoto187497.jpg

This combination of steel-blue long coat and khaki pants is definitely a great choice of colours to support Lee Min-ho's mellow charisma in this particular scene, where he sadly came to see his mom in secret.

-5-

posterphoto187495.jpg

Black that forcefully represents power, elegance, and mystery is a definite colour for the famous City Hunter. Black leather jacket, black pants, black shoes, and carrying a black gun. What a perfect combination!

Lastly, what do you think of the secret behind Lee Min-ho's stylish fashion?

His perfectly-built body is the answer!

credit: HanCinema

Guest myphim

"City Hunter" : Lee Min-ho's TOP 5 fashion in City Hunter

Starring as Lee Yun-seong, a womanizer who secretly becomes the controversial City Hunter, Lee Min-ho has spelled his charm and magnetized the majority of Korean drama-addicted. His suave attitude, mysterious image, and high sense of fashion have indeed supported "City Hunter" to reach excellent ranks both in Seoul and nationwide for several times.

Here are the TOP 5 Lee Min-ho's fashions during the "City Hunter".

-1-

Black suit, tiny little black tie, perfectly-polished shoes, and white shirt will always do. And if only the owner is Lee Min-ho, who can resists not taking a peek?

-2-

Untidy and neglected hair with a sweaty loose T-shirt definitely depicts a bad-boy. But carrying a gun with that massive size, that's exactly a really BAD-BOY that we adore.

-3-

Combination of PINK pants and long coat? It doesn't always work for guys. Lee Min-ho, he's the total exception. Even if Lee Min-ho wears pink pants completed with pink shirt and carries his pink suitcase with style, it might still have its own unique charm.

-4-

This combination of steel-blue long coat and khaki pants is definitely a great choice of colours to support Lee Min-ho's mellow charisma in this particular scene, where he sadly came to see his mom in secret.

-5-

Black that forcefully represents power, elegance, and mystery is a definite colour for the famous City Hunter. Black leather jacket, black pants, black shoes, and carrying a black gun. What a perfect combination!

Lastly, what do you think of the secret behind Lee Min-ho's stylish fashion?

His perfectly-built body is the answer!

credit: HanCinema

Thank you for this article.

My favorite is Lee Min Ho all in black with his mask on as the City Hunter.

The 'pink pant' is iconic and look so good on Lee Min Ho. He's probably the only one who can pull off that look.

I have a question, does anyone know which OST was this song part of? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B0JkjIPOT_Y <-- It's called Sad Run and it's clearly part of City Hunter, I thought it was in CH OST part 3 but I can't find it... I have all albums of CH OST and cannot find this song, unless somehow I missed it. 

Nvm, got it. It's part of CH OST part 3 -.- but it only shows the 2 songs from Girl's Day, not other instrumental songs from CH. If anyone want it, it's here https://kpopexplorer.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/girls-day-city-hunter-ost-part-3/

Guest Nvy_hearts

Is there a shorter cut ending to this? Some are saying how YS's mom opens back the restaurant and how the president's daugther is a singer ect...but the version I saw, was that YS went to his father's grave and then drove away into the night...

So I just want to know if there's a cut version out there?

^This is the translated script for episode 20 of City Hunter

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/358172-drama-2011-city-hunter-%EC%8B%9C%ED%8B%B0%ED%97%8C%ED%84%B0/page__st__4840

It means the episode was originally going to be like the script, but due to the weather (flood) in South Korea on the filming day, the crew was unable to film so they had to change the ending. There isn't a cut version of the planned ending. 

Guest malicious_

i just finished watching CH and i'm pretty amazed by LMH's acting. actually, i'm amazed with everyone's acting. i was on the edge every episode. pretty sad i'm finished with this drama =(

Guest AiMango

I finished the drama today. Definitely a great drama that I will miss : ) It is unfortunate that they had to take out so many scenes and did not have time to properly film a good ending. I am not one for action, but there was never a dull moment in this drama. Note to those who are just starting out - if you want to pause, pause during the episode not at the end of the episodes.. there are always craaazy cliffhangers! Also, if you are planning to watch it on Viki, turn off the comments.. it really ruins the mood of the drama @__@ haha.

In terms of storyline, I loved it. I actually have not watched many revenge dramas, this one got me hooked though. I loved the controversial themes there were, and how the characters had to deal with them. I love how they incorporated video calling / iPad use in the drama, too. Random, but I had to notice it xD

Some scary moments - during 1 of the protests, 1 of the targets told his henchmen to beat the protesters, even if it was to death. The scene was kind of disturbing to me, I mean, innocent people losing their homes/money seem realistic, but innocent people being beaten up in modern South Korea just seemed a little absurd to me @_@ IDK why they had to film that D= And all those times YS beat up security guards in the various buildings, and also the gas inhaling scene - I'm sure the workers were just trying to do their job.. I kinda felt bad for them lol they were just guarding the place T__T lol anyways..

I'm happy nothing bad happened to the president, I saw him as a good person. I just have 1 question though.. the president DID hesitate in the '83 incident right? he was the one who had a conscience while the other 4 told him they shouldn't save those 21 soldiers? I'd like to know if Da Hye ever finds out if YS is actually her half brother.

The character of YS - I loved him. Not because he was played by Lee Minho, haha, but him as City Hunter - he was very fun to watch. What he had to go through was just very sad to watch - finding out about his past slowly, through many different people. Loving a girl that is always in danger. As Prosecutor KYJ described - he helped people in a way that the law could not.

JP - What a crazyyy character. I disliked him throughout the drama, some of his actions just made no sense to him, and I think the '83 incident just totally messed up his conscience. He's super sneaky though, the fact that he killed all those people even with that broken leg is too crazy. In the end he still showed his love for YS.

NN - TBH I didn't really like her character at the beginning, and her relationship with YS was kind of slow in the beginning. But she grew on me. It's too bad there weren't more romantic scenes after the romance started getting to its highest point. It died down so quick (after the break up).

Oh, and really, why did the have to kill Prosecutor KYJ D: Things were going well with his ex-wife. He had such a strongly ambitious character, although his character got shamed on from his dad. I really wish he stayed alive so him and YS could be bros or something :3

I would not say it was drama of the year(CYHMH would be it for me personally), but City Hunter was definitely worth the watch. Thinking of reading the manga version, although the art is not that attractive haha. If there's season 2 then I can't wait : P

Guest kitkatz23

I finished this drama few weeks ago now and i'm still feeling withdrawal symptoms... I started watching kdramas in 2006, and i think this is the BEST i've seen. It has everything: action, drama, romance & suspense. LOVED IT! I had hoped that the ending between Yoon-Sung & Na-Na was given more of a conclusion...but oh well, i suppose i'm satisfied with the fact that Yoon-Sung didn't die at least.

Guest teardrop_86

I just finished watching CH too! so sad to see it come to an end :tears: but it was an amazing drama with fantastic acting by everyone. I'm sure that this drama will show everyone that Lee Minho is not just a pretty face, he is a fantastic actor. :D

I know most people want to see a season 2, and I would like it too but only if the original cast comes back and it would need a strong storyline because they have lots to live up to with this one. Otherwise I prefer them to end on a high like this and maybe do something like a 2 hour special to "wrap up the ending" and then show how everyone is living after x number of years.

Guest iBeckieee

I finished this drama about two weeks ago. I was so sad when it was over....I still can't believe it is over. This is one of the best dramas I have ever watched and I will miss this so much. The plot was incredible and there couldn't have been a better cast. City Hunter has the whole package for a good drama. It has romance, action, drama, and etc. I have to say Lee Min Ho did a pretty good job and I am glad he was picked for the lead role. I love Park Min Young and her character Kim Na Na. Every episode was like a roller coaster ride for me, it left me in shock and suspense. The ending turned out to be pretty good. The ending was unpredictable and shocking. I could have never thought of it. City Hunter lives on! I just hope that there will be a season 2 :)

Guest lucky21

I've been searching for the orchestra music that's not listed in the ost release, does anyone know it? I'm talking about the music in episode 13 right near the ending before the song "suddenly" is played. The song has a really good harmony which gives me freaken goosebumps but just epic. Ive read that its composed by a man named Oh Joon Sung but no luck on the title.

Also by any chance if anyone also knows the song that's played before this orchestra music (the scene where they are in the car). If not I'm just looking for the music that's played when LYS hesitates and thinks of nana before tryin to save the prosecutors dad.

The search bar is no luck and since there's over 200 pages in this thread I have yet to have any luck

Thanks guys and it was a great drama aside from the ending, even the actual script ending is meh. If they included on more episode I'm sure they would have made it perfect.