[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest dramaok

Unfortunately, that's not how I see it and I'm just voicing my own impression.   I'm a huge BOF fan and when I watched those scenes in City Hunter, the similarities were just so transparent I can't help but be reminded of BOF.  And the reason for that is pretty obvious, LMH appeared in both dramas.

Dear sheherizade3,

I hope you don't think I was attacking you personally.

I am merely trying to help others understand another point-of-view.

I feel bad seeing all the 'negative' marks under your post.

Please don't get too hurt by them.

I think people are pretty upset about the YS and NN situation (and myself included).

So this might not be the best time to bring up criticism,

However I applaud your effort and I do take in your point.

I just don't think it's completely valid. It's not fair to say City Hunter is not original, because LMH is in both dramas.

So I also had to make my point.

It is very natural for a man to hold a woman by her face when she's hurt.

It happens to me too, on a lucky day.

Peace. ^---^

[ i won't drag out this issue so this is my last point on the matter of BOF vs. City Hunter.

i will let you have the last say. ^^ (also, it hurts my head when i have to think too much ]

@dramaok - wow, thank you for interpretting this - it brought back memories of my "best friend" but now my husband. We were friends in college and when he got accepted for the Master program, he basically told me almost what YS said to Nana. He told me we have to stop being friends and for me to find some else. With the Master program, you either make it or fail and he can't afford to flunk out of this program. The Master program is with a Major private college here in the US. He said there will be time where I won't see or hear from him - lock up in the libary doing papers. Also he has to meet quite often with his professor. He just can't be distracted. He was very blunt with what he said. Guys are like that - talk very honestly and to the fact. Whereas us girl we have the emotion side that usually don't understand. To make the story short, I did not hear or speak with him for over 2 years. When he finally got his Master, I was his first contact, etc.

I cried with Nana but I understand why YS had to do what he had to do. He cannot have distractions on what he needs to do.

awww this is so sweet. thx for sharing. it's a happy ending!

and btw good to see you from "new tales of GHOST" and "Gloria my butt" dramas.

Dear sheherizade3,

I hope you don't think I was attacking you personally.

I am merely trying to help others understand another point-of-view.

I feel bad seeing all the 'negative' marks under your post.

Please don't get too hurt by them.

I think people are pretty upset about the YS and NN situation (and myself included).

So this might not be the best time to bring up criticism,

However I applaud your effort and I do take in your point.

I just don't think it's completely valid. It's not fair to say City Hunter is not original, because LMH is in both dramas.

So I also had to make my point.

It is very natural for a man to hold a woman by her face when she's hurt.

It happens to me too, on a lucky day.

Peace. ^---^

[ i won't drag out this issue so this is my last point on the matter of BOF vs. City Hunter.

i will let you have the last say. ^^ (also, it hurts my head when i have to think too much ]

I am sorry but my impression is that this forum is open to comments regarding the drama and I'm not the only one who've made mention of the writer.  This writer did not do her homework as far as I'm concerned.  I don't like the way the romance or lack of it between YS and Nana were written.  The push and pull attitude of YS towards Nana is just too juvenile and not in keeping with his character.  But if you and the other viewers think that the writer is doing a good job, that's perfectly fine with me.  

Guest chloe.c

I am sorry but my impression is that this forum is open to comments regarding the drama and I'm not the only one who've made mention of the writer.  This writer did not do her homework as far as I'm concerned.  I don't like the way the romance or lack of it between YS and Nana were written.  The push and pull attitude of YS towards Nana is just too juvenile and not in keeping with his character.  But if you and the other viewers think that the writer is doing a good job, that's perfectly fine with me.  

^ I'm not sure if I read all your posts or not...but I think I've only seen you talking about how the scenes are too similar to BOF and are not original. But how does not having original scenes equal to the romance not being written well? If not having original scenes = writer not doing well, then boy. Bad writers everywhere in Korea.

I don't see how there's a problem with BOF and City Hunter having similar scenes? As others said, there are very similar scenes in both dramas that appear in OTHER dramas. Honestly, what drama have we all seen that has their own really original romance scene? Not a lot I don't think. I have seen SOOOOOO many dramas with scenes where the guy is holding the girl and she's injured and blahblahblah holding their face and calling their name.

Even when I saw BOF, the scenes THEY had were not that original either..

Perhaps you are just more concerned about it with this drama because you are a fan of BOF and LMH is in both dramas and you would like to see LMH and PMY have different scenes than LMH and GHS did, esp cuz you enjoyed BOF and the pairing a lot : )

Please don't feel like you can't be open to post what you feel in the forum, cuz Soompi is definitely here for us to do tht. But just like dramaok said, I think people are really upset about NN and YS being apart right now and hearing MORE criticism that they don't agree with probably made it more </3.

We all value everyone's comments for sure : )

I was just re-watching ep 16 with subs and I thought just popped into my mind. Wouldn't it be cute if NN and YS adopted Yoon Shik... not that I want his mom to die (but if she did)? Such a random thought but it seems more likely to happen then NN and YS actually having their own child.. ;x :) Plus, I was thinking that they named him Yoon Shik because 1) it's a cute reference to SKKS or 2) YOON sung / YOON shik.. I hope Yoon Shik is here to stay because it's adorable seeing NN and YS take care of him ..

Guest yaya113

@dramaok - wow, thank you for interpretting this - it brought back memories of my "best friend" but now my husband.  We were friends in college and when he got accepted for the Master program, he basically told me almost what YS said to Nana.  He told me we have to stop being friends and for me to find some else.  With the Master program, you either make it or fail and he can't afford to flunk out of this program.  The Master program is with a Major private college here in the US.  He said there will be time where I won't see or hear from him - lock up in the libary doing papers.  Also he has to meet quite often with his professor.  He just can't be distracted.  He was very blunt with what he said.  Guys are like that - talk very honestly and to the fact.  Whereas us girl we have the emotion side that usually don't understand.  To make the story short, I did not hear or speak with him for over 2 years.  When he finally got his Master, I was his first contact, etc.

I cried with Nana but I understand why YS had to do what he had to do.  He cannot have distractions on what he needs to do.

Yes...I agree with you . Men are like that...So , I also understand why YS  said these things to Nana

IMO, I think that you're missing the point.

The main plot point for City Hunter isn't romance, it's about revenge and how revenge takes a toll on the person enforcing it. Yes, NaNa and YoonSung in the drama is a breath of fresh air and I know they are UNBELIEVABLY/ UNDENIABLY cute together, and I want them to be together in the end SOOO DARN BADLY... but their story isn't the central one.

You mentioned about the push and pull is juvenile, I think it's the complete opposite.

If you love someone SO much that it hurts to be with them because you see who you truly are and you know that you are putting them in danger,... pushing them away is the best way to know that they are going to be safe. And you can't help but commend a girl for sticking with her true feelings and never wavering.

this is a quote from dramabeans to which I wholeheartedly agree with.

"In most other dramas, the reasoning is pretty weak and doesn’t quite support the act, but in this one, Yoon-sung’s all but convinced he’s headed toward death. He knows it would hurt Nana to be left behind loving him, but it’s also for his own sake that he has to keep his distance, because it’s like he feels it would be selfish to be with her now, only to ditch her later. I don’t like them apart and depressed, but I get why they’re doing it."

I believe that YoonSung and NaNa's push and pull relationship is totally justified and not juvenile.

Personally, I think that the writer for this drama is superb because they balance the drama, lighthearted moments, and yes even the romance evenly.

Yup, I am here and enjoying every moment of this drama. I don't have to go around saying "huh" all the time here. Thank you for all your interpretations - it is great to have someone who understand the language.

^ I'm not sure if I read all your posts or not...but I think I've only seen you talking about how the scenes are too similar to BOF and are not original. But how does not having original scenes equal to the romance not being written well? If not having original scenes = writer not doing well, then boy. Bad writers everywhere in Korea.

I don't see how there's a problem with BOF and City Hunter having similar scenes? As others said, there are very similar scenes in both dramas that appear in OTHER dramas. Honestly, what drama have we all seen that has their own really original romance scene? Not a lot I don't think.

Even when I saw BOF, the scenes THEY had were not that original either..

Perhaps you are just more concerned about it with this drama because you are a fan of BOF and LMH is in both dramas and you would like to see LMH and PMY have different scenes than LMH and GHS did, esp cuz you enjoyed BOF and the pairing a lot : )

Please don't feel like you can't be open to post what you feel in the forum, cuz Soompi is definitely here for us to do tht. But just like dramaok said, I think people are really upset about NN and YS being apart right now and hearing MORE criticism that they don't agree with probably made it more </3.

We all value everyone's comments for sure : )

IMO, I think that you're missing the point. 

The main plot point for City Hunter isn't romance, it's about revenge and how revenge takes a toll on the person enforcing it. Yes, NaNa and YoonSung in the drama is a breath of fresh air and I know they are UNBELIEVABLY/ UNDENIABLY cute together, and I want them to be together in the end SOOO DARN BADLY... but their story isn't the central one. 

You mentioned about the push and pull is juvenile, I think it's the complete opposite. 

If you love someone SO much that it hurts to be with them because you see who you truly are and you know that you are putting them in danger,... pushing them away is the best way to know that they are going to be safe. And you can't help but commend a girl for sticking with her true feelings and never wavering. 

this is a quote from dramabeans to which I wholeheartedly agree with.

"In most other dramas, the reasoning is pretty weak and doesn’t quite support the act, but in this one, Yoon-sung’s all but convinced he’s headed toward death. He knows it would hurt Nana to be left behind loving him, but it’s also for his own sake that he has to keep his distance, because it’s like he feels it would be selfish to be with her now, only to ditch her later. I don’t like them apart and depressed, but I get why they’re doing it."

I believe that YoonSung and NaNa's push and pull relationship is totally justified and not juvenile. 

Personally, I think that the writer for this drama is superb because they balance the drama, lighthearted moments, and yes even the romance evenly.

Oh boy, based on the reactions I'm getting with regards to my observations I was not expecting to be drawn into defending what I said.  So I've decided to stick to my personal opinion because I feel that if one is not in agreement, no amount of explanation would suffice.  As I said in my other post, if you're happy with the writer, then I don't see why it would matter whether I am in agreement or not.

346583099.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1310709149&Signature=Rzzc%2FoDvSafsHF9pjIx6POTGoJY%3D

346582971.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1310709344&Signature=xRZpO6nEHPoVBKeEzzJsSqIlpp4%3D

I really admire LMH diff kinds of facial expressions...

Credits to 71ssampak on twitter

_____

Done watching epi 16 with eng sub thanks Viki!  I cried last night watching it raw but i cried even harder now.  Isn't it too much YS to tell KNN to leave you alone? What on earth are you thinking by saying those words to her? Yes KNN is a strong willed and happy person but she's also human. You killed KNN with your words and you can't tell her to fall for another guy.  

Do you think KNN can forgive YJ? Now that KNN will be guarding the President her life is more at risk how can YS take this?

I want to see YS and KNN together again but pls but KNN this time don't fall for just a back hug.biggrin.gif 4 episodes to go City Hunter what are you doing to me? wub.gif 

Lastly @dramaok very well said! 

Guest sunyeon kim

*official picture* [uPDATE]

actually , this is the old already . but just want to upload !

hot leh . love 3 last picture of my yoon sung'ssi . OMG :] damn hot lehhh . aigoo , spazzing hottie stuffs !!

269161_254555161227669_100000195609795_1264635_2183349_n.jpg

268992_254555194560999_100000195609795_1264636_2666324_n.jpg

270792_254555244560994_100000195609795_1264637_3089101_n.jpg

268729_254555274560991_100000195609795_1264639_4012225_n.jpg

270594_254555314560987_100000195609795_1264640_938195_n.jpg

hot leh .  *nosebleed*

and will update old official picture stuff at city hunter official website ! okey ?

shared by: min0o_hyori@soompi.com

source: City Hunter (Official website)

does anyone have the interview on PMY showing both of them having JUDO practise NG and she lay on LMH body??

i think i did saw it .. they are having lots of fun .. but now i can't seen to find it with subbed .. anyone can help me?

thanks

Guest Dipyramidal

Okay, I'm pretty sure the president is YS' real dad.

Remember the ring that Da Hye was wearing? It was probably given to by the president, and YS received another ring from the mom..

I think this is telling us that the biological dad of YS is indeed, the president.

What a strange but unexpected twist.

Guest nana544

awww ep 16 was so good!!! It makes me sad when those mean girls were throwing eggs at Nana and also when YS offer his handkerchief to her and she didn't want it. They love each other so much and it's because of this stupid revenge that YS refuse to love. OMG!!!!!

Guest miniejungle

after reading dramabeans's recaps i really think how the president would find out YS's true identity - is through Nana. She's been promoted to be the president's guard. and I think we will see a reconciliation between YS and Nana by the next 2 episodes and he giving her the ring which she would wear and the president spotted it... :(

how i hate this turn out of event!!!

is it me or CITY HUNTER is getting sadder and sadder he is pushing

NANA away again im dying to know what will happen now its waiting

time and guess what will happen at the END!! iono how i will like it!!

hopefully a happy ending!!! eliminating the 2 last guys is hard especially

the 4th one man!! what do we do!!!

"City Hunter" Lee Min-ho coldly breaks up with Park Min-yeong

credits to hancinema.net

photo182283.jpg

Last night's epi was so painful and we feel the pain of KNN.  I don't want to cry anymore i hope no more tears on the remaining 4 episodes. 

I really admire LMH and PMY and they compliment each other! wub.gif