Heart-warming encounters with strangers

Guest The-Entity

When I was in downtown San Francisco three years ago crying at Union Square at night, this old homeless lady came to me and asked why I was crying all by myself. I told her I was stood up and then she also shared her woes with me. Her home was in texas, and apparently, she was disowned by her family, and she started crying when she remembered these strings of events that happened to her.

She also asked for mobey because she was hungry, and I couldn't refuse so I took out a twenty dollar bill and gave it to her, and she only wept more and gave me a very long hug. I felt warm inside, but I don't know whether she was telling me the truth. However, I always thought if people went out of their way for something like this, they must have needed it. I just hope I wasn't wrong that day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Octopus__

I saw a girl drop her credit card so I picked it up and ran after her. She thanked me and walked off really fast. I felt a bit foolish since I had to run a bit but other than that, it felt normal?

Guest miki_chan

I was waiting for public transport, having finished a day of volunteering at a school for the disability.

The day had been terrible in terms of weather, so of course it started to pour bucket loads when I been waiting. Knowing me and my forgetfulness, I forgot to bring an umbrella, so at this point I was drenched. All of a sudden a kind lady who had been across the road, came over and shared her umbrella with me and said "A girl as young as you, shouldn't get sick because of this weather".

And just yesterday, I was at my university for enrollment day. I was sitting in this compulsory lecture for the new students only to see that I forgot to bring paper to write on! I brought pens and everything but no paper.. :sweatingbullets:

Anyways the guy who was sitting next to me, kindly offered some of his own after seeing me get flustered and told me that he had "heaps to spare, anyway" So sweet!

Guest Leopoldine

I had lunch at KFC and I had to wait like five minutes for them to prepare my order. Apparently, it was too long for the man who took my order so he kindly offer me a tiramisu for free ^_^ Too bad I don't like coffee haha.

But thank you mister, that was kind of you !

Guest p1nchmycheeks

I was out of state by myself for an interview. It was during winter and the city was full of snow, and I wasn't adjusting well with the weather.

After my interview, I just wanted to go home right away, but I had to wait for my shuttle driver to pick me up.

Being in a different state, sitting in a dorm room, I felt I wasn't belong to this place at all.

Then one of a nursing students sat down next to me and started asking how I was doing. We had a chat and she told me how she felt like when she first moved to this state. I told her that I was here for an interview and I don't think it was good. She then told me that everything would be okay, and she really hoped that I could make it and she could see me back to the school.

In the end, I didn't make it.

But I will always remember the kind people I encountered during that trip.

Archived