Do your S/O always walk you to/back from places?

Guest junminnie

Guest junminnie

so here is my situation: (I'm in university so it might be different for everyone)

my ex-bf: Whenever I go over to his place, ALWAYS meets me halfway.

Whenever I go back home, ALWAYS walk me back... to my room. No matter what time it is. 

we live about 15 min apart walking.

the current guy (not yet official, but 99% there)- most times i walk over myself

8/10 times he walked me back, but the other two times he was too tired/ not in a good mood bc he lost his match/ tired

Because of school, we usually hang out till 11-ish or later... and those two times i did have to walk back myself around midnight.

granted... it's on campus... and where i go to school, it's hardly dangerous.. but I am still a little iffy on the issue.

what do you guys think? I think i might be thinking too much into it?

Anyways, do your s/o or just generally guy friends walk you back or to from places?

Guy friends, only if I ask them to, which is hardly ever.

S/O; we have this thing where I'll go to his place to pick him up in the morning and then he'll catch the train with me back to my station. I tell him not to walk me home because it's just too far of a walk for him.

I think for you, you're used to being walked by your ex all the time that you subconsciously expect all other guys after him to do the same.

Just because you're a girl, doesn't mean guys have to walk you home. It's annoying how girls think just cause they're a girl, they're entitled to this treatment, that treatment etc. You can be independent and walk home yourself =)

Guest pockified

Daaaaaaang, 80% not good enough for you? And he seemed to have legit reasons to not walk you home those couple of times. It's not bad, considering the fact that you're not far at all. Call campus security to walk with you if you do get that freaked out about walking back to your dorm. Otherwise, suck it up, arm yourself with pepper spray, and enjoy the cool night air on the way back.

Guest nowayin

I used to be driven home, cause there was no way for me to get home.

Now that I drive, I drive myself back and forth my boyfriend's place, no I don't expect him to follow me home to ensure that I get home safely, nor do I expect him to pick me up anymore unless I ask or he offers.

it's the same way, if my boyfriend and i live within walking distances, I don't expect him to walk me home everyday or all the time.

I suggest don't stay out too late if you're worried about your own safety. Think about the guy too, he has school too and don't you worry about his safety too? Just because he is a guy does not mean it is any less dangerous for him to walk around at night alone.

Guest lightangel

although I agree w/ others that you shouldn't expect a guy to walk u home at all....

but

I think all guys SHOULD walk a girl's home (whether she is his s/o or just a friend)

and wait until she gets in the house before he take off...

lets me explain why,

1. Because its common curtesy.

2. A girl can able to walk home by herself, HOWEVER, if it is like 11 at night....wouldn't it be bad if the girl walk by herself?

Honestly, you'll never know what happen in that short distance that you guys didn't walk the girl's home.

Its a safety reason.

nowayin: "Think about the guy too, he has school too and don't you worry about his safety too? Just because he is a guy does not mean it is any less dangerous for him to walk around at night alone." I agree/disagree w/ you. You're right that it is not any less dangerous for him to walk around at night alone.

But idk....isn't it more dangerous for a girl to walk home alone than a guy at night?

^ But it's ON CAMPUS. She's at school. If anything happens, there's bound to be someone around. You can't expect a guy to walk her home all the time. He does it 8/10 times that's more than enough. He's not a guard, he's an equal.

when my s/o didn't have a car he'd do it..pretty much 100% of the time. unless i forced him not to but sometimes that doesn't work either. he would then take the next bus back home.

it really depends on person. 80%, 70% or 90% doesn't mean he loves u less/more.

to me, 80% is more than enough and personally i think 50% is also good enough, especially if its not dark yet. if its really late then its a different story.

Guest shopaholicx2

all of my guy friends always insist on walking or driving me back home when it's late at night, but even during the day they offer.

Guest lilian21

When I was in college, my boyfriend would almost always walk me back, the times when he didn't were because I probably didn't want him to. I used to walk over to his apartment on my own though, during daylight. I don't think it's necessary for him to walk with you everywhere, but if it's late at night or if you ask him, then he definitely should at least try to.

Guest Nichookapo

What the hell is wrong with you ? Is the guy a human to you or a robot that's just there for whatever you want ?

Honey, get over yourself.

Guest juiceybox

My boyfriend lives next to campus, and he always walks me to the bus stop, which is 10 mins away.. He even insists on walking me to my car when it's parked right across the street! lol :)

Also, for your situation.. I think you're thinking too much into it. However I think that a guy SHOULD walk a girl home or to the bus stop, but they don't HAVE to.. Same thing as x3Jae said above, I think you're just used to your ex walking you back places.

Guest .tianmi.

Boyfriend walks me everywhere, LOL. I guess he's a little overprotective because over the past 2 years, I've been beaten up twice whilst walking home by myself and almost kidnapped. (I'm just one of those people who's always in the wrong place at the wrong time) -- so he usually likes to walk me to my door, to make sure I get there okay. :) Not that I complain, appreciate the company!

I don't think it's compulsory that a guy should walk you back. Of course, they're human too so if they wanna get home quicker to chill out, then so be it. : D But walking home at midnight by yourself.. wow, my boyfriend would actually ring a friend to walk me if he couldn't haha. D: I guess walking short distances at midnight is okay, but if guys leave you to walk 30-40 mins by yourself that late...

Guest prettyLOVEE

Talk to him about it. Try saying stuff like I'm scared to walk by myself alone and see what he does. If he ignores you & doesnt walk you back, then hes a jerk .. :ph34r:

Guest eric-original

It really depends.

If I like the girl and I think there's progress. I'll pretend to walk her home.

Then when she gets out her keys to her door to get in.

I'll RAM OPEN THE FRIGGIN' door and flip side ways BREAKING THE DOOR in half

(I'll never replace the door FOR her), but apologize very nicely.

Then hang the white curtains in front of the door and turn on a candle light and

have some meditation session with her humming random notes. Give her some

punching massage and BAM! Go at it better than Discovery Channel inside out.

Guest starlight_

When I was with my first serious boyfriend, he never ever took me home, even though we didn't live very far away. I never noticed, nor cared. I didn't love him any less because I didn't feel he was obligated to take me home.

But my current S/O takes me home every day and he lives an hour away from me, so he gets home about 1:30 AM nearly every night (he stays until midnight with my mom and I at our house before leaving).

I told him it was more than enough to just take me to the subway, but he would always persist. I feel in this aspect, he's spoiled me so much this past year that I've become dependent on him taking me home and I feel less protected if I ever have to in case he's busy and what not.

I guess I'm lucky to have someone who really enjoys taking me home, entertaining my mom, and then going home. And doesn't get tired of it.

Guest rachilde

I think it's thoughtful to walk a girl home, but it might not be required if you live in a safe environment. I don't think I would read too much into it. Midnight is not very late and there are usually quite a few students walking around at that time at most college campuses. He might think it's a very safe environment, and there's no need to walk you back at that time. I think the story could be different if it was 3 or 4am.

Guest kiss_bunny

My guy friends walk me to my car in the parking lot cuz its too "dangerous" and i might be "attacked". When its getting darker out or is already dark, they'll definitely walk me to my car. I never actually asked them too. But they insist. I mean i appreciate the thought really @_@ I think its pretty sweet XD If the weather is really bad, some of them make me call them when i get home.

Guest yukinohana

I think it's thoughtful to walk a girl home, but it might not be required if you live in a safe environment. I don't think I would read too much into it. Midnight is not very late and there are usually quite a few students walking around at that time at most college campuses. He might think it's a very safe environment, and there's no need to walk you back at that time. I think the story could be different if it was 3 or 4am.

I agree.

I dont expect guys to walk me

in fact, i find it very uncomfortable if they do so

When my boyfriend occasionally walks me to my car,

i think its very sweet. but if he didn't it wouldn't bother me ( my car is uh 10 seconds away haha)

when I was in college and I worked late into the night, i would just take the bus by myself back home

and If the bus already stopped i would ask my then bf to please pick me up.

i think that your boyfriend walking you 8/10 times is already very generous.

i think it's a matter of courtesy and consideration. it also depends where and when.

I wouldn't leave someone walking alone in Compton at midnight.

and to those of you who say it's ok for a guy not to walk her because she's on campus...

well, you really never know what'll happen. i know someone was unfortunately shot on campus (that campus was gated, but criminals do find ways to do whatever they want)

you can't guarantee that there will always be a superman helping the poor victim..

it's safer and considerate to the person if you walk that person back from places. i don't think gender matters; as long as someone is there.

Archived