[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Guest dramaok

Random Thought: Remember in today's episode when Da-mo's father was complaining to Da-mo's mother about the kimchi jjigae being too salty and the kimchi not tender enough? He asks her how long she cooked it for and she tells him for an hour but she wasn't able to make the kimchi right. I really hope Sa-ran has an opportunity to cook him some kimchi jjigae the right way. haha Perhaps Da-mo's dad will fall for her cooking skills along with personality...

oh ya it's true. i'm sure the pig the count would love the kimchee stew by Sa Ran, but part of me wants Ra Ra in that household and make horrible kimchee stew for him for the rest of his life. :ph34r:

also i feel bad for Ra Ri now. she's not gonna get the kind of love and affection from her husband that Damo seems to think she deserves, but now that Damo has planted the seed of ambition in her she's daydreaming. now she's gonna start to see her 'misfortune' more as she will continue to be disappointed by her king. she was content before but now she's greedy.

I don't know why but for the moment their romance is kinda flat and boring for me...

yeah me too. I kinda think Sa Ran caved in too soon. She should've kept him tormented a little longer. I know he threatened to never come see her again if she didn't agree to the "simple clean" love crap but she should've left and see if he would really keep his words on that one. but then again I guess she was too attracted to him she couldn't say no or take the chance on the no. they are cute together but where do they go from here? they got themselves in a strange no-touch but touching-sometimes kind of complicated "uncomplicated" clean but not-clean-in-dreams kind of weird relationship.

right now, i am mostly intrigued by Soon Deok and Eo San's relationship. He obviously still has lingering feelings or maybe nostalgic attraction toward her. But she's not really making it unclear for him. She's pretty determined not to cross any lines. I want to see Joo Hee and Hwa Ran battle things out too. They were really good together when they were bickering. the power show-down was awesome. the actress who plays Soon Deok (Kim Hye Seon) is more awesome than words too. Her portrayal of maternal sorrow has me heart-broken. i dont' even have kids and i already feel like i'm missing a kid or something. she's so good. i love her. loved her in Dae Jang Geum too. when she was in the cave w/ the little Jang Geum. oMG i want to cry thinking about that.

i hope they show more of the young Eo San and Soon Seok too. they are cuter than cute.

also, i think the ending song is about them. so tragic. so sweet too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen 2 of writer Ims dramas- Dear heaven & Assorted gems. What I really like about her character is that, they discover relatively early that they like each other. From the two dramas, the main characters get a wedding and we also see a wedding bliss a few episodes before the drama ends. No matter the background of the daughter-in-law or Son-in-law, the parents accept them without much trouble.

Similarities between Dear heaven and New tales of Gisaeng(NTOG):

- Many of the characters that appeared in Dear heaven are also in NTOG

-example..Sa Rans step mother was the best friend of Ja Kyung's step mother

Ra Ras grandfather was the love interest of Sa Rans step mother' best friend, her name was Sophie

Ra Ras father(fake father)is the chief of the broadcasting station were Wang Mo worked and he made

Wang mo the morning broadcaster.

- There was a birth secret around Ja Kyung... her real mother was Wang Mos stepmother. Her real father was married at the beginning of the Drama but his wife died because of a car accident and he then got married to Ja Kyungs mother... his first love.

Would this same fate befall Geum Eo San,Jang Joo Hee and Han Soon Duk?

Similarities between Assorted gems and New tales of Gisaeng(NTOG):

- Again some characters from assorted Gems are also in NTOG

-example... Ra Ras fake father is the father of the main actress in Assorted gems

Ra Ras grandmother was the Spinster who Kyle(who is also present in this drama)offered his driving

skills to before he became a monk.

Similarities in all three dramas Assorted gems, dear heaven and NTOG

The main male character is rich.

The female main character are proud and know what they want and are independent.

They are really loved by there in laws

This dramas are dramas that I have seen more than once because they are good. I am anticipating NTOG to belong to one of my favorites

Guest kawaiiyuki

I'm actually really liking rr's grandparents. I wanna see how they go about find their missing granddaughter. Ok not really missing now since grandfather has linked the idea of SR being who they are looking for but still.

I'm also kinda liking head Giaseng duel it out with RR's mom. both very similar in evil-plot master mind-if they can hind it from everyone else they can't seem to hide it from each other.

I have seen 2 of writer Ims dramas- Dear heaven & Assorted gems. What I really like about her character is that, they discover relatively early that they like each other. From the two dramas, the main characters get a wedding and we also see a wedding bliss a few episodes before the drama ends. No matter the background of the daughter-in-law or Son-in-law, the parents accept them without much trouble.

Similarities between Dear heaven and New tales of Gisaeng(NTOG):

- Many of the characters that appeared in Dear heaven are also in NTOG

-example..Sa Rans step mother was the best friend of Ja Kyung's step mother

Ra Ras grandfather was the love interest of Sa Rans step mother' best friend, her name was Sophie

Ra Ras father(fake father)is the chief of the broadcasting station were Wang Mo worked and he made

Wang mo the morning broadcaster.

- There was a birth secret around Ja Kyung... her real mother was Wang Mos stepmother. Her real father was married at the beginning of the Drama but his wife died because of a car accident and he then got married to Ja Kyungs mother... his first love.

Would this same fate befall Geum Eo San,Jang Joo Hee and Han Soon Duk?

Similarities between Assorted gems and New tales of Gisaeng(NTOG):

- Again some characters from assorted Gems are also in NTOG

-example... Ra Ras fake father is the father of the main actress in Assorted gems

Ra Ras grandmother was the Spinster who Kyle(who is also present in this drama)offered his driving

skills to before he became a monk.

Similarities in all three dramas Assorted gems, dear heaven and NTOG

The main male character is rich.

The female main character are proud and know what they want and are independent.

They are really loved by there in laws

This dramas are dramas that I have seen more than once because they are good. I am anticipating NTOG to belong to one of my favorites

Doesn't RR remind you of Ja kyung's evil cousin in Dear Heaven?

Doesn't RR remind you of Ja kyung's evil cousin in Dear Heaven?

Yeah, never thought about that.They are kind of similar. They both annoy me to death :crazy:

CAn anyone tell me where i can find this dear heaven drama With subs!

I wanna watch it. =(

AM-Addiction (You'll habve to register and write a post to be able to get it)or by Dramatomy.com.

Have fun. It is a very nice drama. My opinion B)

I wanna watch it. =(

You're in luck. i happen to know where you can download all episodes of dear heaven with english subs. the subs are a bit crappy but they're better than nothing. trust me. i've looked everywhere for them. plus you can make corrections yourself if you want. it's a really great drama, one of my favs.

http://dramatomy.com/2010/07/korean-drama-dear-heaven-english-subtitles/

Update: E11 & E12

"New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Team Gisaeng @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/2238/posts/5320-new-tales-of-the-gisaeng-2011-viki-softsubs/edit

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The softsub links will be in folders...

MU Folder: "New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=AR7PN5W4

MF Folder: "New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4b6qe3e6u662

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SSSNTOTG.E11.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5X0CJVZN

SSSNTOTG.E12.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5LZHNLF2

Special "Thank You" to dramaok ...

For completing the subbing even when

the ViKi videos are unaccessible. :D

Guest HelloDreamer

Thank you so much Viki subbing team for the subs! =O You guys are fast.

One thing with long dramas is that the relationship sometimes can become alittle boring/flat. I don't want SR to play hard to get too long because then it might become another typical drama where the chasing is like 1/2 the drama already. RR is getting really annoying sometimes...such a typical 2nd lead.

Isn't it better for Damo if he tried making the kimchee himself instead of making SR make it for his parents? Didn't SR said something about if he can make kimchee stew like her, she'll marry him or date him? LOL.

I wanna watch it. =(

AM-Addiction (You'll habve to register and write a post to be able to get it)or by Dramatomy.com.

Have fun. It is a very nice drama. My opinion B)

You're in luck. i happen to know where you can download all episodes of dear heaven with english subs. the subs are a bit crappy but they're better than nothing. trust me. i've looked everywhere for them. plus you can make corrections yourself if you want. it's a really great drama, one of my favs.

http://dramatomy.com/2010/07/korean-drama-dear-heaven-english-subtitles/

"Dear Heaven" released as "Love In Heaven" DVDrip softsubs and videos.

WITHS2 Quality softsubs and videos available for VIA members. :)

WITHS2 Homepage

http://withs2.com/

Look for instructions on joining and accessing the VIA EXTRAS. :):D

@ahoxan and dramaok - thank you for the subs!

In the preview for this week's episode where Da-mo asks his dad whether he should choose a woman based on love or qualifications? By any chance will his father interpret love as Damo's love for a man as Ra-Ra had suggested and qualifications as what he (the father) expects which is a woman? If he thinks like this then Damo's father would tell him to pick qualifications which means Sara won't stand a chance.

Guest mhugh

Isn't it better for Damo if he tried making the kimchee himself instead of making SR make it for his parents? Didn't SR said something about if he can make kimchee stew like her, she'll marry him or date him? LOL.

SR told him that if he does make the kimchee stew like her, then she'll grant his wish, whatever that may be. Now, we all know what his wish will be - something that would make SR now blush instead of angry as before. And if that wish ever comes to fruition, then maybe dramaok and samara34 won't think their romance was so flat and boring. :)

Come on, guys. The sweet and innocent courtship won't last forever, and before we know it the romance will turn sweltering hot and angsty, so let's enjoy these moments while we can. :)

Guest kawaiiyuki

@ahoxan and dramaok - thank you for the subs!

In the preview for this week's episode where Da-mo asks his dad whether he should choose a woman based on love or qualifications? By any chance will his father interpret love as Damo's love for a man as Ra-Ra had suggested and qualifications as what he (the father) expects which is a woman? If he thinks like this then Damo's father would tell him to pick qualifications which means Sara won't stand a chance.

Interesting question but my question is why would DM ask his father that question? Does he have something in mind? Does he want to marry SR and is planing to introduce her offically as his g/f?

Interesting question but my question is why would DM ask his father that question? Does he have something in mind? Does he want to marry SR and is planing to introduce her offically as his g/f?

He wanted to know what his father thinks which mostly likely translates to what he accepts. Saran is the one he loves but she is not "qualified" to be his wife because of her family's social status. Damo is aware of this and that is why he asked his dad that question.

Guest kawaiiyuki

He wanted to know what his father thinks which mostly likely translates to what he accepts. Saran is the one he loves but she is not "qualified" to be his wife because of her family's social status. Damo is aware of this and that is why he asked his dad that question.

I have a feeling that there is more to this question that meets the eyes. I'm pretty sure he knows that because of his family's social status and his fatheir personality someone like SR is not the 'ideal' daughter in law. It seems like he has something else in mind. Does he really want his dad's opinion? Is he asking because he wants to show his mother something or is he asking for the sake of asking? We know that DM only listens to what is being told but doesn't nessacarly do what is wanted of him. That's why he and his father clash all the time. Knowing that he likes SR It's not likely that he will be willing to break things off with her just because his parents (more likely his dad ) wants him too. If he can let his father fire him from his postion at the family company, he's not going let something like objection to a marriage he wants stop him. DM won't think twice to walk out of the house and never go back. He even said it himself that if it was because of his mom and grandmother he won't return from isolation due to talking back at dad (early in the series.)He would have moved out ages ago.

Guest kobe23

Yeah I agree DM's father has no power to stop him from being with her, but SR herself can. Just like her biological mother did to her father 25 years ago, she's probably going to disappear for a while, but hopefully not with a bun in the oven this time around :P

DM and SR will get back together once the mystery unravels, and by then, SR should feel "qualified" to be with DM :D

Guest kawaiiyuki

New Tales of Gisaeng OST Part 2

*quoted image*

Kim Shin Ah - 연정가

download

yay! the beautiful tune sung by Kim Shin Ah is out~ :wub:

Yes the ending theme song! thank you for sharing.

I can't wait for this weekend. DM is back from Hong Kong and rr's grandparents think that SR is their missing granddaughter. How will they uncover the truth?

Guest kawaiiyuki

Yeah I agree DM's father has no power to stop him from being with her, but SR herself can. Just like her biological mother did to her father 25 years ago, she's probably going to disappear for a while, but hopefully not with a bun in the oven this time around :P

DM and SR will get back together once the mystery unravels, and by then, SR should feel "qualified" to be with DM :D

Totally agree and to get to that point we're going to need to go through loads of angst. :P

Archived