★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest xxxKrissKrossxxx

^^Yes YG should have patched things up sooner, but still he's not at fault here. Music Bank are the ones who are acting inappropriately and unprofessionally. Since when do you have to be loyal to ONE station and play by ONE station's rules? That just doesn't happen in the business world, that's not right.

^They just should shake hands and move on, since it would benefit both parties. Put what's in the past in the past and do what's best for both. That's how I see, that's how it should work.

And poo on the BBTV special being on at 5:30am in my timezone... TT_TT I lucked out with the BigBang Show being on at 10:30am so I should be happy. Oh well guess no sleep for me tonight. At least its for a good cause. ^^

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vvipjamie

Screw Mbank~ i only care because i wanna see Big Bang performing a lot, but its alright i guess. Three times a week, is better than nothing.

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

Music Bank has long lost its credibility in my eyes long ago when Lollipop (BB & 2ne1) was topping the chart, but they said because it's only a digital single and so they have to take it out...But the single top the chart for a longg time until 2ne1 debuted.... And then when they implemented the broadcast points or whatever, that's crap! That's like forcing artists to go on KBS shows just to win awards...Sorry, but BB has already proven that they don't need to promote on all three music stations to sale well. As a matter of fact, b/c they RARELY RARELY RARELY goes on shows, their price are Even MORE expensive than other artists. KBS is just digging their own grave...the New PD sucks!

Guest vvipjamie

Big Bang finds further obstacles in the way of their appearance on “Music Bank” [NEWS]

Much debate has been taking place over the past few weeks regarding Big Bang’s appearance on KBS’s “Music Bank,” and although the producer for the show was open to giving Big Bang a comeback stage, recent updates have shown that it isn’t looking good for both parties.

According to information revealed by one broadcast representative, producers of ‘Music Bank’ were reported to have responded negatively to YG Entertainment’s appearance offer. While they previously offered Big Bang a two-track comeback stage, producers were revealed to have changed their stance to one that gave the impression of “If you agree to sing one track, then you can come.”

Regarding the issue, YG Entertainment’s promotion team responded, “Honestly, there has been nothing decided yet. We are continuing to work with ‘Music Bank’ over Big Bang’s appearance.”

Since “Music Bank” operates on a unique music chart system that awards points for broadcast appearances, Big Bang might actually be eliminated from the ‘K-Chart’ itself if they fail to appear on the program.

Ever since SBS aired their extravagant one-hour special on the boys’ comeback, KBS has been cautious of Big Bang’s comeback, especially now that there are talks of “Inkigayo” offering a three track, possible four track, comeback performance.

Fans have been expressing their disappointment over the issue by voicing concerns, such as, “Isn’t this being too hard on them?”

Source: OSEN via Nate

Transltion: AKP

Well there we have it ~~

Guest juang_bb

gahhhddd MuBank is making me so MAD! damn! you know what, i'd rather not have BIGBANG on MuBank ever! why would they take BIGBANG out of the KCHART? just so they dont have to give the award to them? that's so BOGUS! ITS OBVIOUS! BIGBANG HAS SURELY WON 2 WEEKS! and they did it in a very DOMINATING manner that they know they cant john tesh up the scores without losing credibility. now they just eliminate them totally? that's even more john teshed up. THAT'S UNFAIR!!! funny how they were the ones talking about equality and fairness a week ago... so where did all those talk went? and they even want BIGBANG to sing ONE SONG FOR A COMEBACK? 2 songs id understand, but ONE SONG? sorry... just skip MuBank all together. id rather have the boys rest 1 day and appear on just 3 music shows. not their loss.

Guest Michala01

^^

I agree. I rather have them not go on MBank at all. AT ALL. What a bunch of pricks...releasing statements like those just to make Big Bang and YG look like they are some kind of divas. Sorry that they don't need your sh*tty music show to sell records. The PD sounds BITTER.

tumblr_lgqtrh3GWd1qczyuqo1_500.jpg

Guest ooxstacee

OH, KBS KBS KBS. I wish they would be more mature about things. But it's their loss. Big Bang, as a whole, is coming back for the first time in over 2 years and they're asking for YG to let Big Bang perform ONE song for a comeback? Yeah, I don't see why you would do that. If I were MuBank/KBS, I'd just be lenient this one time, just because your ratings would sky rocket then maybe if you still have issues with YGE, then you could do whatever. In my opinion, that's the smartest route around this. But it's whatever. If there isn't any Big Bang on MuBank, it's their loss, not Big Bang's. They're still doing well. And they don't have to worry about not having enough promotions, seeing as how they have an hour long special at BOTH Mnet & SBS. PLUS, Big Bang TV.

But I don't mind not seeing Big Bang on MuBank. They don't have the best sound system, etc. Plus, it's not worth it if they're going to treat artists & companies like this.

Wah, this post is boring.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE HOUR LONG SPECIAL ON MNET!

Guest last_farewell

Music Bank, go on and eliminate them from the chart.

And we'll see how you define fairness.

BIGBANG, rest on friday okay.

Big Bang gearing up for English version of TONIGHT?

20110221_bigbangsnippetofintrostrongheart_main.jpg

With revenue pouring in and TV ratings escalating with each appearance, it’s no surprise that Big Bang seems to have Korea wrapped around their fingers… but it looks like the quintet has already set its eyes on broader horizons.

While watching the Big Bang Show, one eagle-eyed fan noted the following excerpt and clipped the following four-second segment to share with the rest of the Internet. Check it out below:

What particularly stands out about this clip are the words that are coming out of G-Dragon’s mouth: while the song and music video set is clearly for TONIGHT, he raps an English line: “Looking every way, got my senses all in check.”

Considering that this line doesn’t exist in the released Korean version of TONIGHT, this video segment seems to reveal two things: one, an English version of TONIGHT is in order, and two, the music videohas been filmed and will be similar if not nearly identical to the original version released yesterday.

While there’s no surprise that an English version of TONIGHT was likely to be recorded for the group’s upcoming Japanese album this year, fans also speculate whether this track will be used in Big Bang’s hotly rumored debut in the United States.

Remember that YG Entertainment has yet to release any official statements regarding this matter, so stay tuned to allkpop as we wait for more information!

Tip: Zuleyma V.

Video: TheYGcrew

Taken from akp

---

and about the whole KBS thing, i think it's just absolutely ridiculous. there have been other groups who performed multiple songs on MuBank before... they're being so immature right now. YG should've solved this problem sooner, but kbs isn't doing themselves any good. IT'S THEIR LOSS! really, how can you be this unreasonable against a group like Big Bang? what sucks is big bang & VIPs had nothing to do with this fury.gif kbs, kbs, kbs.... and you said you wanted to be fair?! what's so fair about that, big bang would've won hands down on MuBank even without any broadcasting points phew.gif looks like no one will trust you guys anymore soon & it's all your fault

I don't really care much about weekly awards. I only want them getting the award so there will be lulzy encore stages. XD I feel that Big Bang has gone past that stage where awards are necessary to establish them as a group. Though with Music Bank, what irritates me is that they talked about 'fairness' and cast Big Bang boys in a bad light, making it seem like they're being obnoxious and asking for special treatment in their previous press release. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since hey YG might have asked for a better stage.Who knows what really went on during their talks? YG likes his comeback stages to be special.

Now, from what I'm reading, they're asking for Big Bang to just perform 1 track instead of the usual 2. Come on. 2 years 3 months gone, and they don't think Big Bang deserves to get at least the normal treatment for comeback? It's making me mad. Just a little respect is all that's needed. Even younger groups come back with 2 stages these days and BB, who are big sunbaes are only getting one? Right now, the article seems to be more speculation than actual news though so I'm not yet that mad.

I'm fine with their feud or if YG decides to skip this program since it's better for the boys to have at least a day's rest from their busy schedule. If they don't give Big Bang this award, that's their choice. But they just contradicted their fairness stance by taking them out of the rankings if that's what they plan to do. It's pretty obvious that the past week and this week is Big Bang's no matter how they look at it. If they manipulate the broadcast score + viewer preference survey to , then it's no longer a music show award. They've lost credibility for a long time now though when they changed their criteria and kept taking out songs from their ranking list (i.e. OST from SG because it was from a rival network, digital singles, etc.) It's just too bad since KBS Mubank is the only awards show which actually displayed numbers or at least had some semblance of having criteria for awards instead of just giving out awards based on PD's discretion.

It's their loss though. When BB made their 1 hour special, they did give SBS the 5.7% rating, higher than Mubank's ratings and we can definitely say that the ratings is ALL BIG BANG. So, that percentage of the market, is what they would have added to Mubank's (possibly even higher since it was aired in midnight).

EDIT: KVIPs are planning on posting in KBS Mubank's boards to protest on this matter. We'll see how that goes.

Guest juang_bb

here's a better translation of the articles coming out about the issues.

flibbertigibbet@6theory shared and translated this.

Big Bang who had an explosive comeback may not appear on "Music Bank".

A broadcast representative said "YG had contacted Music Bank about having Big Bang appear on the show, but they couldn't reach an agreement. KBS said they wouldn't prepare a comeback stage for Big Bang".

Big Bang's first performance of their new album was on the 27th of last month on "The Big Bang Show" which aired as a special on SBS. This broadcast was a big success on both the ratings and issue front, and proved to be a win-win deal for both YG and SBS.

However broadcast representatives speculate that this broadcast was not well received by KBS and MBC. The broadcasting station's reactions are being shown through Big Bang's comeback stage.

One music industry representative said "Music Bank usually lets other artists perform 2~3 songs on their comeback stage, but they have stated that they wouldn't prepare a comeback stage for Big Bang. Big Bang is a runner for the number 1 spot this week so Music Bank have said that they'd let Big Bang on their show if they'd perform only 1 song. If this isn't a broadcast station abusing their power I don't know what it is".

If Big Bang appears on Music Bank on the 4th, it will be their first comeback broadcast out of the 3 music programs. But only letting them perform the song up for the number 1 spot is not only treatment unfitting of their popularity, but the decision is also being criticized for being unfair for an artist making a comeback after more than 2 years.

On the 24th of last month, after Big Bang released their album they have swept both the online and offline and proved their popularity so it is possible that they would be in the running for the number 1 spot. However if they don't appear on KBS programs, they get 0 broadcast score. GD&TOP and Seungri both didn't appear on KBS programs and were unable to win Music Bank. It's possible that the same thing may happen to Big Bang.

A music industry representative said "Music programs are just a tool for broadcast stations to make artists appear on their variety programs. Broadcast stations threaten artists by not allowing them on music programs if they don't appear on their variety programs, so artists have no choice in the matter. K-pop is starting a new hallyu wave, but if this sort of chronic problem isn't dealt with it is hard for K-pop to develop".

In response to questions about Big Bang's chances of appearing on Music Bank a YG representative said "Their appearance hasn't been confirmed yet. Since it's Big Bang's comeback after a long time so we wanted to provide a lot of chances for fans to see them so we will continually negotiate, but it's a bit of a shame".

http://news.naver.co...&aid=0002125400

so YG is even the one reaching out but KBS is a bunch of immature little kids. i really just want BB to ditch this show and lets watch MuBank lose all their credibility... well, whatever's left of it, that is. :angry:

Guest Michala01

:blink:^^

That translation makes me really hate KBS even more. How immature and just aboslutely ridiculous. Do they think they are winning any fans by treating Big Bang this way.

I feel sorry for artists who are at the mercy of these music shows, luckily for us and Big Bang, they don't need these music shows so they aren't forced to put up with their ridiculous demands.

KBS can go eff itself.

^

^

those translations make me even more upset.... the way they're talking about Big Bang & treating them is just uncalled for. the boys deserve so much better than this! it's BIG BANG. like really? okay, you can have your little feud with YG but don't take it out on the boys. it's just so unnecessary. they're so retarded though, they're really going to treat big bang like this? haha, it makes me laugh at their stupidity. it's like they're asking for their own death or something blink.gif it just really annoys me how they talk about Big Bang as if they don't deserve the best mad.gif god, i can't even put into words how ridiculous this is. GOODBYE KBS, SO LONG, GOOD RIDDANCE! you're going to slowly die away

^thanks for the better translation of the news

what sucks is big bang & VIPs had nothing to do with this

this what makes me upset the most..i'm not really sure

the real reason for this feud but as far as i know

Bigbang & vips are not at fault at all..bc Bigbang was on hiatus last year

so I really don't understand why

Bigbang is treated like this

but whatever i hope this feud will be solved soon

Guest doublehh03

^ gd/top and seungri didn't promote on there. let's continue that trend. gd/top was robbed of a lot of music bank wins b/c of this.

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

Musicbank's PD is being a d***head by only offer BB 1 song for their comeback. They treating Bigbang like a rookie group rather than senior group and sad to see that Bigbang will not be appearing on it since I used to love musicbank because of it scores system where I get to see the points but now :( :( . On another hand I hope that the rumor of inkigayo offering them 4songs for their comeback is not true, not after that 1hour special because of course us ViPZ will love it cuz we get to see our boys more however with non fans, it might gives an impression that BB boys are acting like Divas, cocky and too demanding etc. So I hope YG's promotion team know what they are doing and not ruining BB's image

^thanks for the better translation of the news

this what makes me upset the most..i'm not really sure

the real reason for this feud but as far as i know

Bigbang & vips are not at fault at all..bc Bigbang was on hiatus last year

so I really don't understand why

Bigbang is treated like this

but whatever i hope this feud will be solved soon

i'm not sure, but i know that there were signs of YG & KBS not getting along with 2ne1 not attending gayo & stuff... there was a time when VIPs were upset that Big Bang got pulled into this mess since gtop & seungri weren't performing on MuBank either. i remember reading something about YG doing this over 2ne1, but im not sure. i don't follow up on 2ne1 news so idk, but i think some kVIPs were annoyed over this during gtop & seungri promotions too. 

So, I made a couple gifs from the Tonight MV. Enjoy~ (they can also be found on my tumblr, which is on the gifs)

GDragon-Tonight.gif

big-bang-tonight.gif

Archived