Was it wrong for my friends to ditch me?

Girl41831

Sorry if I sound like a drama queen but after today, I don't feel like going back to school.

A week ago one of my friend and I planned to stay after school for tennis for today. Then today I asked another friend to stay with us and she said yeah. So when school was over, we met up and saw the tennis courts empty and went into the orchestra room for a while. Later we looked and saw a lot of people at the tennis courts. We argued whether to go or not because I think there were too many people and it might be too late already. We argued a bit and then both of my friends (one of them just followed the other and joked) turned to me blaming me for not having anything planned when we originally planned for tennis. One of my friend even complains to go to tennis already.

So then I'm like "Fine! Let's go there." And I walked up to the teacher while both just followed. Talked to the teacher and etc. Later after the teacher told us what we can do since there were a lot of people, the one who complained to go to tennis from before said "Let's go back to the orchestra room." That'd be pissed me off! She cleary said she wanted to go out to tennis and now wants to go back in.

10 minutes of being bored on the courts, both of them DITCHED me while I was in a game. They said they waited for me but how was I suppose to know if they wanted me to go?! They even grabbed their backpacks and left me! Later they said sorry and gave me excuses like "I wanted to go to the bathroom really bad cus I'm on my period and later I wanted to go buy something at the vending machine and then A (the other friend) wanted go get a drink of water."

First of all they NEVER told me to go with them. SECOND of all, They took 20min + to; go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, and get something at a vending machine. I was upset cause I was alone and they never came back and when they did I was already gone.

10 minutes of being bored on the courts, both of them DITCHED me while I was in a game. They said they waited for me but how was I suppose to know if they wanted me to go?! They even grabbed their backpacks and left me! Later they said sorry and gave me excuses like "I wanted to go to the bathroom really bad cus I'm on my period and later I wanted to go buy something at the vending machine and then A (the other friend) wanted go get a drink of water."

First of all they NEVER told me to go with them. SECOND of all, They took 20min + to; go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, and get something at a vending machine. I was upset cause I was alone and they never came back and when they did I was already gone.

Were they supposed to leave their backpacks there? lol. I don't get it, since when do people leave to go somewhere and not take their stuff w/ them?

I think you're being overly dramatic. They said sorry, and you know what, 20 minutes isn't really that long when you're enjoying yourself on the court. Maybe you looked like you were enjoying it so much that they didn't want to bug you.

I also have a question, did they just stood on the side and watched you play? Cause that's really inconsiderate on your part. Ohyeah, and they DID come back, they just came back too late. Another question, do you guys not have cellphones or something? Just wondering, since they came back to get you but you were already gone.

^

^ agree. with both, lol. about how you are overreacting and it's nothing to be so upset about...

it's not like it was the nicest thing your friends did, but it's not such a huge deal that you should feel like you don't want to go to school anymore.

you're probably going to experience much worse things done by friends later on in life anyway, this is practically nothing.

let it go, or find people that are nice enough to wait for you all the time. lol

Guest SilkInfused

When 3's a company, things tend to get ugly. You'll have a better time with someone who can be your other-half and have the courtesy to tell you when they're leaving the premises.

Guest mangchilo

You invited them to tennis, but you were the one playing.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Pretty much sounds like they felt ignored by you first, so they figured there was no need to stick around and be bored just watching you play and enjoy yourself for who knows how long.

At any rate, this is definitely not something so serious that it should be making you not want to go back to school! You should all be over this in no time, just watch. And next time, don't invite friends to do things with you and then be the only one who actually gets to do it.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Yeah, I agree with others. On their part, yeah, it was a bit crappy to be gone so long and to not bring it up with you. But on the other hand, what were they supposed to do, interrupt your game? They apologized so just let it go.

Guest brinyblue

LMAO. This is nothing to get angry about. Wait till your friends ditch you at some random mall, when you don't know how to get back home, and have zero credit/cash on you. sleep.gif

Like others have said, you've just got to get over it.

Sorry if it sounds insensitive, but try and step back and look at the situation from a different perspective. You're getting upset about a game of tennis.. seriously.. tennis.

Are you seriously risking your education as well!?!

Be the bigger person and just suck it up and go to school.

If your friends see that you've skipped school because of this one little incident as well how do you think that's gonna make you look?! Sorry but it will seem pathetic.

I think i'm being harsh but fair here.

I'm sorry that you're upset though. Just try to relax and focus your mind on something else. You'll feel better in the morning!

Guest cheerydumdum

i understand 'cause i'd probably be a bit annoyed too if my friends ditched me without letting me know, but you not wanting to go to school is just ridiculous and over-dramatic. 20 minutes really isn't that long. they even said sorry. if they ditched you a lot, then being really upset would make sense, but even then, not wanting to go to school because of something like that would still be ridiculous.

Guest peppermintsugar

I just wanna put it out there real quick, so maybe it'll help you relax a little bit.

Bathroom break + period + friends company: I tend to take longer in the bathroom to do my business when I have a friend to talk to as well, sometimes you just get caught up in conversation/peeing/tampon changing and forget to leave immediately, it's no big deal.

Water: This one's pretty straight forward and short, I'll give you that.

Vending machine: I don't know about anyone else, but vending machines are not only over-priced, but they're throwing WAY too many options at me all at once for me to make a quick decision. I want to make sure that whatever over-priced item I get, it is the RIGHT item. This can take a while.

Twenty minutes of being gone for these things really doesn't seem that long to me, just gotta be honest.

As for not wanting to go back to school, well, sorry? Unless you're eighteen that's not really an option though, is it? Not to mention imagine telling people why you dropped out! "My friend took a really long time to change her tampon and pick a candy bar so I quit!"

Guest Le.Ciel.Nocturne

I really don't want to sound harsh or insensitive, but this is just a bit ridiculous. I have yet to gripe about how my supposed best friend turned everyone against me (ok, truth is that I haven't griped because I realize that it's not a big deal, even if it felt like it at first) , and yet here you are planning to ditch school because your friends 'ditched' you for 20 min?

20 minutes is NOT a long time to do all of that stuff. It takes me a good 5 to 10 minutes just for the washroom thing ('cause you know, I have to wipe down the seat, put toilet paper over it so that I make as little contact with the seat as possible, etc, etc...and if there's a line, then that's going to take just short of forever).

And anyway....didn't you technically ditch your friends? If you were waiting for your friend for ten minutes and did not have anything to do, I'm pretty sure you would have wandered off, too.

If you can't handle this, then I feel sorry for you when the real drama comes in.

Archived