Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Maybe because I have been through it once, I feel less emotional about the casting of Joo Won's leading lady now.

If I say I am not disappointed, I would be lying but strangely I feel less agitated than I thought I would. Perhaps when Nodame Cantabile was announced, Yoona's name was already mentioned as a possible cast so it didn't come as a shock. Perhaps my focus now is on Joo Won doing well and taking something valuable from this role. Perhaps, I have faith in our boy's ability to turn lemon into lemonade. Perhaps, I worry less about rating now than the growth of Joo Won.

I have been watching various dramas and many have left me cold while a select few held me to the last episode. I have grown to admire some bona fide actors and when I searched more information on their filmography, I realized that most have their ups and downs, failures as well as successes and I supposed co-stars who were excellent and co-stars who weren't. I also came across actresses who were "condemned" by viewers for their bad acting so much that I wondered how they survived and continue despite such harsh criticisms. Amazingly, they improved and proved their naysayers wrong. I do not know Yoona except that she is a member of SNSD and appeared in 1N2D. I have watched her a bit in Love Rain and do not think much of her acting ability but who is to say she can never make it. I do not know if she can improved by leaps and bounds in time for Nodame Cantabile but I hope she will try her hardest and put her heart and soul to it. Nothing irks me more than people who are complacent in their fame and do not try. I see many popular actors who somehow get by with no passion for acting(at least not to Joo Won's level) and who are just content at their current level. Lastly, I hope Joo Won can bring the best out of his leading lady by his warmth and encouragement.

TOMOKO NINOMIYA COMMENTS ON THE CASTING FOR UPCOMING KOREAN REMAKE OF “NODAME CANTABILE”

tumblr_inline_n8cf6qyMwF1qaqdgw.jpg

After previous reports of being considered for the female lead for upcoming drama “Nodame Cantabile,” Girls’ Generation’s Yoona is revealed to be in the final steps of accepting the offer.

However, since the report of Yoona’s casting broke out, netizens have been voicing their opinion over the miscast, doubting Yoona’s ability to follow Ueno Juri’s infamous role. The miscasting controversy reached Tomoko Ninomiya, the author of the popular comic book who released a statement saying that she is not involved in the casting of the Korean drama. 

The statement came after previous reports claimed that the producers of the upcoming Korean remake revealed that they are awaiting final confirmation from the author herself with regards to the casting.

If confirmed, Yoona will be playing the role of Noda Megumi or Nodame originally played by Ueno Juri in the Japanese drama and will be acting alongside Joowoon, Baek Yoonshik and TINY-G’s Dohee. 

“Nodame Cantabile” is the Korean remake of the popular comic book and drama in Japan, scheduled to air on KBS this October.

Source: TF, http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/91044401968/tomoko-ninomiya-comments-on-the-casting-for-upcoming

Sometimes I find it annoying, mostly I am just surprised or shocked at how netizens get all worked up. I am referring to commentators on Dramabeans.

Firstly, I never had issue with my favorite dramas or movies being remade or adapted. My approach is always of curiosity before I see the product. And depending on the outcome, I either dismiss it as a poor attempt or I marvel at how well it has been adapted or even taken on a new angle. Of course it could end up anywhere in between. But why get so upset when your favorite drama is going to be remade?

Secondly, I don't know when it started but Joo Won is garnering more and more haters on Dramabeans. I don't mean girlfriday or javabeans who both like him enough but the commentators there. When I don't like an actor, I don't go out to seek him and pour hate on him. These people must have a lot of time on their hands. Even though the latest news is on the casting of Yoona, they don't miss the opportunity to repeat their hate comments on Joo Won.

Don't get me wrong, I am not frustrated with them but I am more interested to know why there is an increase of such people. I am guessing that as Joo Won overshadow more of his peers and get more recognition for his talent, not in terms of popularity(in his case) but being known as having serious acting chops, there will be more haters like this. People who genuinely don't get his acting and therefore disagree on his talent or people who feel he got more recognition than their bias.

When I watched the episode of Life Log where this gif is from.. I cannot help but feel so bad. And honestly, what I thought was, "Can someone give him Manuka honey!!! Good for colds. Anyone??? Just pure honey is okay... Awwwww..." Motherly-instinct kicking in. :D

3745427969_2af80032_viewimageM-10_zps4de
fr JW DC/cr as tagged

@mrdimples i'm as astounded as you are on how an actor could have so much haters. Usually idols have a lot of haters, due to the large fanbase, mixed age group which consists of more youngsters (thus immature mindset), jealousy on awards matters during weekly shows, etc.

But come to think of it, Joowon is getting these kind of things too. He's receiving awards for his recognition, he's headlining news due to his constant work, and he's gaining more fans. Other actors may not headline news as much for they didnt take up project after project, preferring to be on hiatus for some months before choosing another project. So i guess this is where the haters come from.

The fans are proud of their actor's popularity, but when they did not receive acting awards, they start to feel jealous to the one who did manage to win and go "he's not even really good" or "he's just faking it". And these thoughts pile up to something nastier. So instead of admitting their bias needs better projects or improvement, the resort the the easiest method available: bashing. JEALOUSY spurs ANGER, anger spurs HATE. As their bias actor go on hiatus and they got nothing better to do, they start to spur hate on our innocent, talented actor.

I'm not sure if Joowon is the kind of person who is affected by hate comments. I need to refer back to his interviews and see if he mentioned something like this. I hope he's the type to take something positive out of those comments to improve himself and his acting skills.

Just read on Baidu forum that filming for RM has already started. Uri cutie is in same team with Yoo Jae-Suk and Lee Kwang-Soo. Another guest Hong Suk-Chun (who has a cameo appearance in FK) joins another team with Kim Jong-Kook and Haha while the 3rd team is made up of Song Ji-Hyo, Gary and Ji Suk-Jin.

OMG... cutie in same team with Kwang-Soo X_X #-o [-O< but lucky there's YJS :)) :D

JooWon with Altar Boyz members as 'Altar Men' at one of AB member's wedding ^^
Sooo handsome in black Ts!!! :x :x :x

10491185_885987488083465_794634252604812

10422315_885987438083470_410786705384214

10492203_885987441416803_437987925847413

10406874_885987478083466_233641673570649

1610762_885987444750136_5086374443196190

10306625_885987498083464_446526068021786

credit: as tagged via JooWon-Indonesia

hmm..remember this pic???

10453344_881827505166130_579741534139520

from Kim Dong Hyun's facebook. ^^