Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

Guest polabola

^^ it's true, the ACET essay comes only when you are wait listed. We had a talk by Ms. Queena Lee Chua herself a few weeks ago hehehehe. She told us that the math part of the entrance exams is bloody hell 0_0

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cpopbaby19

^^ he isn't. Xavierans don't have a hard time entering Ateneo since both schools are run by the same people heeheh...chambahan lang yan siguro.

I lot of people from our school (ICA) don't like to take the UA&P nor the CSB test because taking those tests are insulting for them. They treat those schools as unprestigious and low rate schools....but I'm still taking UA&P since I need tons of back up. I don't know where luck brings me heheheheh. I better start reviewing my english! thanks for the advice ^_^

Yeah, UA&P is too expensive, but their facilities are well kept and the ratio of teachers to students is like 1 to 5. My sister who went to UA&P on an educational plan brags about their CR that never runs out of toilet paper and is complete with classical music LOL

ahaha, yeah. that's what i've heard. lucky ppl!! TT_TT;

i just realized that getting into a good highschool counts until i was applying for college! >O<;

Yeah, UA&P is the most expensive university in the country. I'm not applying there since it's too expensive and I'm not planning on taking up business. XD I don't think UA&P and CSB are unprestigious though.. >.>

In Ateneo, do they really read the essay? Some people told me that they only read it when you're wait listed....?

I'm done with my Ateneo and DLSU applications. I'm getting one from Miriam and UST, too. I was planning on applying to CSB but it's too expensive.

--

Anyway, how's the college life like in the universities? Like, w/c schools have more upperclass students and stuff like that? XD

^LMAO. YOU'D DEFINITELY PASS IN MIRIAM!

i think i messed up the test there and still passed. not saying that the school doesnt have standards but.. yeah, i guess the test is still easy. hehehe..

but the teachers here are really good! my history and english prof is really really good. haha

well.. ateneo, dlsu and ua&p has more upperclass students. big time schools yun eh. but once in a while you see upper class people in other unis too. ^^;

and in my case, i see upperclass people~ XD haha but yeah, you can deal with them. unless you'll be unfriendly to them. :)

Guest 15;;1/2

I'm currently a senior at MCHS and I don't wanna study in MC next year anymore but my parents want me to apply anyway. XD Which has more upper class students, ADMU or DLSU? XD The tuition is more expensive in DLSU, I think.. My friend told me that there are more upper class students in CSB. haha

Guest cpopbaby19

^ahaha.

i have few friends that's from MCHS!

if you think you want more upper class students, maybe go to admu (neighbors) XD

but yeah, every school has it..

Guest cpopbaby19

^many say in embassies. i think you can apply in law firms too. but in MC they say that IS students there are mostly flight stewardess... but my prof said they discourage IS students to apply for tht job. and yeah, you can always go to law school. XD

Guest neinsager

polabola, really? don't they use that to determine which english block they're going to put the applicant in?

yeah the math part almost killed me. most the questions weren't really unreasonable for high school students (but in my case they were because i didnt know trigonometry that time). nevertheless it was difficult because of the time constraint. you're supposed to allot only 1 minute per question. mas maikli pa nga yata. some of the applicants were already checking their answers while i was still halfway through it. that's why they put me in basic math first. i did well in the diagnostic test though so i went up to regular. but anyway, once you get in and take math subjects in ateneo, you will get used to it and find the acet questions pretty average.

15;;1/2, were you talking about international studies in miriam or interdisciplinary studies in ateneo?

Guest 15;;1/2

^Interdisciplinary Studies in Ateneo ^^;

I was browsing through Atenista.net the other day and I read somewhere that AB Communications is one of the hardest courses in Ateneo. Umm..what are the other difficult courses in Ateneo? ..?

Guest neinsager

15;;1/2, reallly? comm is that tough pala. if you ask me about the tough programs in ateneo, hmmm... i'll include in my list management-honors, physics, chemistry and philosophy. management-honors because they get the toughest teachers and are graded by the curve. physics and chemistry because they live in the lab. and philosophy because regular philo is hard enough and they have to put up with more of it.

anyway, interdisciplinary studies. i think it depends on your track and your interests. a lot of them go to law school. my brother worked (as tech support) with someone who finished that degree. it's very flexible.

Guest 15;;1/2

In my app form, my first choice is AB Comm, 2nd is AB IS. Originally, I wanted to major in English Lit but I wasn't sure if it would suit me well... >.>;;

Guest cpopbaby19

^aww.. i heard Eng Lit is kinda boring! TT_____TT; im actually thinking of that one too.. but yeah, didnt pick it. X_X and ended up with IS.. haha

and i think there's Development Studies in Ateneo, which is a track of IS.

Guest neinsager

^^ yah its hard to take a course that you are not sure about. it's a 4-year commitment that you have to do some reflection and self-searching for before you jump in. i would assume that you've done that. were you there on the last day of the submission of acet forms? the line was LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! for some reason a lot of people don't submit their app forms until the very last day. happens every year. but this year, the line went all the way to the caf.

^yah, maybe the IS dept offers a dev stud track. but actually development studies is a different program altogether. they even have their own department. i think it's one of the most underrated courses in ateneo.

i'm studying at UST (BS Pharmacy) at the moment. I wanted to go to UP Manila but unfortunately, I failed. I'm hoping to transfer there though. i don't like the system they have at UST. though the tuition fee is lower than admu and dlsu, there are lot of things you have to pay for. but in order to transfer, i need an average of 2 XD

as for the entrance exams, i rank it as:

hardest-easiest:

1- UP

2- DLSU

3 - UST

I didn't take ADMU because it's too far, but i've heard from people that it's harder than UP esp. since they have 2 math tests, i think? and time pressure is a big problem :D

Guest 15;;1/2

Yeah, I heard that there were so many people during the deadline of ACET forms. I passed mine a week before the deadline and my exams is on Sept 17. I think I'm not that prepared yet! -____-;; Yes, I think ACET is the hardest exam.

Guest cpopbaby19

^^ yah its hard to take a course that you are not sure about. it's a 4-year commitment that you have to do some reflection and self-searching for before you jump in. i would assume that you've done that. were you there on the last day of the submission of acet forms? the line was LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! for some reason a lot of people don't submit their app forms until the very last day. happens every year. but this year, the line went all the way to the caf.

^yah, maybe the IS dept offers a dev stud track. but actually development studies is a different program altogether. they even have their own department. i think it's one of the most underrated courses in ateneo.

^haha, good thing when i took acet last year my tita passed my forms! and she said there arent that much ppl in the registrar. LOLS. if i can remember, i passed my app form last aug. 3 05. XD hahahaa

Yeah, I heard that there were so many people during the deadline of ACET forms. I passed mine a week before the deadline and my exams is on Sept 17. I think I'm not that prepared yet! -____-;; Yes, I think ACET is the hardest exam.

^haha yeah, my classmate who's sister is taking admu passed her app form on the deadline! and she said there was aloooot of ppl!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anyeong_aki

hi there!! I'm from Cagayan de Oro City (Mindanao)

studying @ MPSC, Mindanao Polytechnic State College . .

taking up computer engineering . . currently 5th yr student and hoping to graduate . . . hehehe college is difficult yet fun . . .

what do you wanna do after you graduate from college? think about it and look up for a course that will help you make those things you plan to do after college!! You should take up a course that you really like . .

Guest yanshimkim

Sorry for the extremely late reply... I haven't been on Soompi in months. ^^;;

oohohhh you're from uprhs!!!!! my blockmate used to go there too! what batch are you from? he's from '02 i think.. :huh:

I'm from Batch '04. But I might know him. ^^

Ohh.. lol. but.. where is Uprhs? is it around manila/qc? not familiar with the school. :/

UPRHS is in Bay, Laguna, but politically we're under Los Banos (because we're under UPLB). ^^

Are there any Nursing students here? ^^;;

Guest tjadl6386

Good luck to those taking there College Entrance Exams.

I just graduated from DLSU the last term. College life was hectic and fun. One wild but satisfying ride.

Archived