Guest simpleandpink

Guest simpleandpink

Shonen-Ai [boy's Love] Manga I'm sure some of you have heard of it image

----
All images/info in this post are courtesy of Amazon.com image

IPB Image
Only the Ring Finger Knows [Volume 1]
Release Date: August 25, 2004 by DMP [Digital Manga Publishing]
QUOTEAt Wataru Fujii's high school, it's all the rage to wear paired rings with the girl you love. Wataru wears one though he is single, and one day inadvertently discovers that his ring pairs up with that of tall, handsome, and smart Yuichi Kazuki, the senior classman idolized by the entire school. Though Kazuki has a reputation for being kind to all, when dealing with Wataru, he is strangely harsh. Their paired rings somehow draw them together and the two alternately clash and attract, as they must sort out their budding feelings for each other.

IPB Image
Only the Ring Finger Knows [Volume 2]
Release Date: July 5, 2006 by DMP
QUOTEYuichi, who has just been accepted into an extremely prestigious national university, has planned a vacation for his exam-ridden boyfriend, Wataru. Looking to raise money for the trip, Yuichi agrees to a short-term job with his college senior Asaka, whose cool attitude and mature personality makes for an uncanny resemblance to Yuichi himself. Taking a liking to Wataru, Asaka makes no effort to hide his interest and advances. How long will Yuichi be able to contain his frustration and jealousy?!

IPB Image
Only the Ring Finger Knows [Volume 3: The Ring Finger Falls Silent]
Release Date: October 25, 2006 by DMP
QUOTEAfter all the studying he did for his exams, sacrificing time with his boyfriend Yuichi, Wataru gets a measly C-average on his summer prep test. Yuichi's college classmate Asaka offers to tutor him, and he eagerly accepts. Wataru finds Asaka's cool beauty and attitude strikingly similar to that of Yuichi's, and subconsciously becomes vulnerable to his advances. For the first time in their relationship, Yuichi becomes enraged. Will they be able to overcome this new obstacle?!

IPB Image
Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Lonely Ring Finger [Novel]
Release Date: March 15, 2006 by DMP
QUOTEIt's the ultimate expression of love to wear matching rings with your significant other, showing the world that you are a couple. High school student, Wataru Fujii, also wears one even though he is single. When he accidentally switches rings with a popular and handsome senior, Yuichi Kazuki, they discover that their rings pair up! Since that moment, Kazuki - who is known for being kind to all - becomes strangely harsh to Wataru. They alternate between hot and cold, as in between clashes they begin to sort their feelings for one another. Are Wataru and Kazuki the worst of enemies or are they actually soulmates?
----

Anyhow, I'm EXTREMELY excited about Volume 2! I had heard there were more stories [from reading on the DMP Forums] and now I'm excited that they're being released here >_< I'm a sucker for complicated love stories image

As for the novel, I didn't even know that existed or I would have bought it before image I read on Amazon that it elaborates more on the story. Sadly, I can't find it in any bookstores near me, so I'll probably have to order it online image

BTW: If you haven't read this, but are interested in BL manga, then this is a MUST-READ. [seriously, this was my first BL manga before I got into it x_x]

So, is anyone else excited like me? image I tend to go crazy for things I REALLY like! image

• 1 month later...
Guest chibi_chibit

lolz i read the novel ... but it was only vol2 T^T vol 1 and 3 will have to wait~

the drawings are just so amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Star*Eun Ji

omg omg omg omg!~...

r u serious that theres a novel!!!!!

is it translated in English?!?!!? WAHHAHA i so wanna read it..

i wonder if volume 3 is out in my bookstore, soooo gonna buy it!!

y'know this manga is awsome BL fan shud read it..

thanks

Guest aqua2003

I have never read this manga but from just seeing the pictures and reading the summaries I guess I will give it a chance. It looks good and as the other posts stated the art work is very well done.

• 2 months later...
Guest marvey1214

i've read the novel already but not the manga. its ok, the plot is soso.... but its still good toiread at. but the characters are so cute. one more feminine than the other so that you wont be cofused on their roles as lovers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Malice_Kaiser

I didn't know there were more volumes! I've got the first one, it's really beautiful. I'm going to have to check Borders now to see if they carry the other volumes (READ: probably not.)

• 4 months later...
Guest yokemun

my friend recommended me this book...

is really nice...

not too much of "interaction" eheheh...

the story is really good...

never quite expected it to be that way...

the drawing is really good...

Kazuki's really hott!!!!

highly recommend this!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Wynter

This was my first BL manga as well! It's actually really sweet and nice... love the art as well! I love Hotaru Odagiri's work. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Anri Lin

Oh wow, this was the FIRST yaoi/shotacon manga I read too!

I didn't even know that it was popular enough to have its own Soompi thread here, LMAO.

There is a 2nd and 3rd volume?! WHOATHEHECK!

Just goes to show how I've never kept in touch with my yaoi/shotacon-fan side, haha =P

Guest crazyworld

I own the first volume in novel. It's the worse nor is it the best, but you can say that it is worth reading if you're a yaoi type of person...seriously.

Archived