少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

[info] Oricon Daily and Weekly Charts

(Adjusted dates according to debut single release date of 少女時代 / 소녀시대.)

When are the daily charts updated?

The daily sales figures are updated at 7:00pm~ish JST. Note that the Oricon daily chart released on 09/08 (Wednesday) is actually the data for the day before and will be dated 09/07 (Tuesday), and thus the daily chart released on 09/09 (Thursday) is the data for 09/08 (Wednesday), etc.

When are the weekly charts updated?

The weekly sales figures trickle in around 5:00pm~ish JST on Tuesdays. Note that the Oricon weekly chart dated 09/20 (always Monday) is posted on the Oricon website on 09/15 (always Wednesday), and it covers sales from 09/06 (Monday) to 09/12 (Sunday). New Singles / Albums / DVDs are usually released on 09/08 (Wednesday - almost all new releases are on Wednesday). So for the new releases, the first week sales information on the Oricon covers the first 5 days of sales only - from release date 09/08 (Wednesday) to 09/12 (Sunday), and not the first 7 days. The succeeding weekly charts will start to cover 7 days of sales of 09/13 to 09/19, 09/20 to 09/26, etc. (or Monday to Sunday sales).

Why are certain singles / albums / DVDs charted on the daily chart a day before their actual release?

In Japanese music record stores, the new releases generally hit the shelves one day before the actual release date. That's why the new releases, usually released on Wednesday, can always be seen on the daily charts for Tuesday. And sometimes when there are holidays and stuff, new releases hit the shelves even earlier.

Daily Chart: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/

Weekly Chart: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/

Monthly Chart:  http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/m/

Any1 know if there's still first press limited edition can be ordered? Or it's completely out of availability?

Looks like most of the sites I've saw has sold out.... :(

Guest mirabar

47362_432863683469_279528053469_4910879_3526925_n.jpg

[News] ‘SM TOWN LA Performance’ To Be Released In Theaters In 3D

The SM TOWN Live ’10 World Tour in L.A. performance is set to show in cinemas as a 3D movie.

The concert, held on September 9th at the L.A. Staples Center, was filmed by PACE which was founded by ‘Avatar’ director James Cameron and specializes in 3D movie production. Not only will the footage be used in promotions for sponsor Samsung Electronics’ 3D display products, it will also be created into a movie and shown in theaters.

A representative of SM stated, “The movie will probably be released in theaters between the end of this year and the beginning of next year. We believe it will be popular, not only in Korea, but also in China and Southeast Asia.”

Girls’ Generation and BoA have already filmed music videos with PACE, but this will be the first time that a Korean concert has been filmed in 3D. The PACE team and Samsung have already worked with hip-hop group Black Eyed Peas in their Manhattan, New York performance in March.

Source: [star today+DNBN]

Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

I really hope they still will make a dvd from one of the sm concerts >.<

[News] 4Minute, KARA and SNSD will appear in SBS E! TV

4Minute, KARA and Girls' Generation are busy making their promotions in Japan. With that, the three girl groups will make their appearance at SBS E! TV in topic Star Girl Groups Q10 in Japan-Wave. It will reveal the three girl groups' activities at there.

The show will also ask the viewers 3 questions about the girl groups' promotions in Japan which are the things that we do not know.

Source: NATE

Translating + Reporting: 4MINUTE Utau@4-minute.com

Girlgroup WONDERGIRLS is envious of their rival SNSD. On September 4 (Korean time) at the NCsoft AION players' convention in Seattle, WONDERGIRLS agreed to a media interview & shared their thoughts aloud. They yearned to get off like SNSD, & also hoped to perform together with their company's other artistes. -- About how SNSD took a specially charted flight to Los Angeles, WONDERGIRLS appeared a little bummed out.

Sunye: "Not so much dissatisfaction, as it has engendered an aspiration. [We] yearn to perform together with our JYP buddies. All the artistes under our company banner, one after another, putting up a special show for the fans. Seems like a great idea. For us, it can also produce good memories."

Source: Chinese JoongAng Daily

Credit: qoxie @ soompi (TRANS)

shared in: www.wgspectacle.com

wow, really? cant wait to watch it in theater, i hope it will be released in my country T.T, or i can buy the DVD its ok lol

our maknae's pic

f00445514c865fef9a07a.jpg

cre: as tagged

Guest silent_scream

^

^

he is like proposing taeng .. ahh lucky lucky kid !!

but still supppper cute <3

Tsutaya cd rank

127875436002.jpg

cr. tsutaya.co.jp

Tourai DVD rank

http://img714.images...73/26112886.jpg

cr. Chichinhu@ twitter

I really girls to have some rest ~ they working non stop !!

stay healthy.

Oh wow~ It's 4th week already and they're still on Top 5, ranking #2!

@ xx7 Thanks for always updating us with the Oricon ranking!

But the choding pranksters don't change  their ways. At the LA concert backstage one cameraman was trying to  identify the kpop artists, and the girls were trying to scam him telling  him they were f(x)... Then they were sword fighting with the pink light  sabres, shouting audio effects themselves when some sabres' speakers  malfunctioned. The staff had to quarantine the girls away for being too  noisy :)

Haha the whole gang... they're really a bunch of chodings...

Little staff account from the Incheon concert two weeks ago

... Recently I was at the Incheon Hallyu concert...

Usually the other groups are tired and they stay little quiet with tired expressions

But the girls.. they are a riot playing around with each other keke

They were so cute backstage and in the waiting room kekeke

Monkeying around in raincoats kekeke

They really laugh a lot kekeke

--

The  picture of Yoona shooting in an orchard last week was for Innisfree and  it was shot in Japan. Right after coming back to Korea from the Japan  Showcase, Yoona had to fly the next day back again to Japan for the  shoot, prepare and film all night and all day in sweltering heat, then  fly back again to Korea to get ready for Los Angeles. Im choding is  unstoppable!

The staff in Japan added

"Yoona was so  cooperative even in that burning weather heh Out of all the many models I  have experienced for this company she was the best! When I was in Osaka  the Japanese version of Genie was playing everywhere kekeke It made  even myself proud"

Thanks silis for the awesome updates! ♥ I thought the chodings you mentioned was Im Choding and Kim Choding ^^ but turns out to be the whole Soshi gang! LOL! What the?! These girls are unstoppable! Hahaha! Playing with light sabers with matching sound effects! HAHAHAH! So funny just imagining them, what more if we could see it live? Even pretending to be some other group, they are enjoying that kind of stuff huh? I remember they mentioned during RDR promotions that they pretended to be Kara while buying some food, lol and Tiffany pretended to be Jessica during their Mezamashi Mini Live interview. LOL! What a bunch crazy goofball dorky pranksters! roflr.gif

--

They really enjoyed themselves with that raincoat outfit!

Right Taengoo? :P

taeng.gif

taeng2.gif

Guest Joshorty

If it means anything to you guys so far, Genie has already cracked the top 100 at no. 18 in Japan's iTunes. And I mean the main top 100 chart. As for billboard and Oricon (as you guys said above already) we'd have to wait.

And I gotta say the Japanese version is hotter lookin and more catchy sounding. Shame there's no way for us to see it in 3-D though. And man Yoona ... going to be my wife some day :D