少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest HyperionZ

Where are these from? Are they in NYC already? 

Yeah. I just saw that. And I saw that they aren't gonna be on with Jennifer Lopez. :( Bill Murray is still cool though. I'm not too surprised they're not singing. I'm not a frequent watcher of Letterman but usually with music guests they perform. If they do talk it's something short or they're not gonna perform. 

And yeah it'll be great seeing Kpop live on my tv. *quoted image*

Well the girls are supposed to be mentors though, so that also includes looking after their well being too right? Kinda the point of the show to improve themselves. I just don't like the idea of having them practice when they're sick since they're not trained to do that and aren't training to do that and didn't sign up to train to do that. So that's my only thing and not keeping words too like their word to have privacy and not give it.  So I don't blame them for being upset about things like that. When you're not used to it I'm sure it's frustrating. 

I've never been in a situation like that so I can't possibly  understand it. They are still young. I'm 29 so they're young. I'm at least a decade older then them. They're still growing and learning. Your brain isn't done growing and learning until your early 20's (sorry I forgot the exact age but it's at least between 20-25). And then along with that they already have bad habits that aren't easy to break. Especially to quit smoking and drinking and go cold turkey with no type of supervision or counseling. I haven't seen the whole show yet but so far I haven't seen them get counseling for their drug addictions. I've had grown adults in my family well in their adult years (50 yrs plus) try to quit smoking and failed. My grandmother when she was in her 60's tried to quit and failed. She's not as bad as she used to be (chain smoker) but she still does it. So why does the show think they can make kids go cold turkey on drugs and be successful? I'm not saying they will or won't but it's just difficult I'm sure. 

As for age of 18 and responsibility that's usually when you do. But it also depends on the individual I'm sure. I don't know anything about these guys and their lives except what is revealed on the show. They all have seemed to have rough childhoods and turned to rebelling to cope with whatever their individual situations were growing up and thus got to their bad habits in some way or another. And these bad habits are quite difficult to break. I myself curse. As an adult I of course know the proper situations in which to do so. But if you told me to not curse for a day it'd be very difficult. If I stubbed my toe or broke something etc I'm sure I'd mutter something under my breath. These habits these guys gained over the yrs aren't easy to break. Does the show really think they can break these type of habits in what two-three months? That's just unrealistic honestly.

It took a long time for them to get these habits and I'm sure it'll take a long time to break them.  I do give them props for wanting to try. Everyone. It takes a lot to say that you're doing something that isn't healthy for yourself and you want to change yourself and your environment. It's not easy to do.  And yes it should be. The fact is THEY AREN'T idols. They didn't sign up to be idols. They're regular kids who the show offered a chance to change their bad habits. Not to dance when they're sick and wanting to faint. They did not sign up for that. The show said they would help with their bad habits. How is dancing when they're sick and about to faint and keeping cold medicine from them supposed to help their bad habits of not being on time, not taking school seriously and their drug addictions? 

I got the original thought of the idea of doing the Street Jam and it was a good idea. But to take it so seriously like they're idols is ridiculous. To deny someone medicine when they're sick. What if they had to go to the hospital? I'm not saying he shouldn't not abide by rules. Society has rules you have to follow every day. What I'm saying is these kids didn't sign up to be idols and shouldn't be treated as such. They signed up, as already said, to help break their bad habits and improve their lives and their individual environments.  

He, and anyone else, should be able to leave the show if it is hurting his well being. The point of the show is to help Yonghyun. Not hurt him more. I know for myself if I signed up for something like that and had to go through the same things I would probably want to leave too. I didn't sign up to be an idol or anything like that. I'd like to have some privacy to myself. I'd like to be able to take care of my health when I'm sick. Just because you're on a tv show doesn't mean you don't deserve to be taken care of with your well being. 

Maybe the show, and others watching in the industry, can learn from it. 

Please note I don't blame GG for it because they aren't producers of the show last time I checked. I did originally think SME was behind the show but now I see they only provided the girls part of it so I understand that.  But as their mentors I wish they had said something in their defense. To let them have medicine and privacy. But you can't change what happened. Just hopefully something was learned from it. Even though Yonghyun left I do hope he had a good experience other wise on the show. Even though I haven't seen all of the show yet all the guys seemed to get along well with each other. From reading the situation with that they seemed to look out for each other and have a bond.  So even though something like that happened maybe it brought them closer together as a group and they made life long friends with each other and the girls. That's a great gift to get. 

Convo's here are really a difference in a good way. Even though we disagree there's no name calling or disrespect or anything like that. I never had problems at this other place with Sones, or majority of other fan clubs I'm involved with, but in general and it's nice. :-D I like how people are just cool and calm here. It's still a shock to my brain that I don't have to be in "battle ready!" mode lol.

Wow the girls are #2?! That's great! I still haven't listened to all my "The Boys" cd but what I've heard so far is another nice cd. :) 

And yeah Jessica and DongWook do look cute. She's so short compared to him keke. Ooo a kiss. So first Tiffany got one in "Fame" and now Jessica's turn.  *quoted image*

In regards to the DB staff not giving him medicine when he requested it, I doubt the girls would have known or been told about that kind of stuff. SNSD aren't around for most of their dance practices and other parts of their lives during the week, so unless one of the boys complained and said something to the girls themselves, they would be oblivious to what happens off-air/BTS.

Guest LittlePinky82

In regards to the DB staff not giving him medicine when he requested it, I doubt the girls would have known or been told about that kind of stuff. SNSD aren't around for most of their dance practices and other parts of their lives during the week, so unless one of the boys complained and said something to the girls themselves, they would be oblivious to what happens off-air/BTS.

I dunno.  I think it prob would depend on when this happened and what their relationship was like with their respective mentors at this time and if they felt comfortable enough to vent to them about things with the show. 

I've just checked CBS David Letterman official site. Girl's Generation is marked with (CD, "The Boys"),  That usually means SNSD will have a performance only.  There may not be an interview but never know.  Normally when a guest on Late Night is marked with 'CD' meaning it is only a performance at  end of the show. Let's wait and see.

Anyway, I am not SONE but still like them, I hope they will do good on the show and it will help them and Kpop as a whole in the US. Even it is only a small appearance on US TV.

lolol Bill Murray is the guest.

imagine Murray and Letterman talking to Girl's Generation.

other than being hilarious Murray made that movie Lost in Translation which got criticism for being offensive to Japan

Guest HyperionZ

other than being hilarious Murray made that movie Lost in Translation which got criticism for being offensive to Japan

That would definitely be an interesting meetup there back stage of that show. I don't know if there will be any interview or questions on the show, but behind the scenes, I hope they will be some nice interactions.

Guest LittlePinky82

Ah. Never saw that. Would be interesting to see that interaction. Too bad there's not gonna be an interview :( It's still gonna be fun seeing them on my tv and not a music video. tongue.gif

Guest LittlePinky82

Love the JFK pictures. Who is the guy next to Jessica? He kinda looks like he's still asleep keke. I wonder what people think when they come through and you have big crowds meeting them and such. I wonder if they had a nice fan meet up there. 

Ah. Never saw that. Would be interesting to see that interaction. Too bad there's not gonna be an interview :( It's still gonna be fun seeing them on my tv and not a music video. *quoted image*

Ya no interview. I'm actually a little concerned that SNSD might get bumped. Murray is one of Letterman and Conan's favorite guests (first guest on all 3 of Conan's shows) and sometimes Letterman bumps other guests when he's on.

He has 2 segments though, so the girls should be fine

Guest LittlePinky82

Ya no interview.  I'm actually a little concerned that SNSD might get bumped.  Murray is one of Letterman and Conan's favorite guests (first guest on all 3 of Conan's shows) and sometimes Letterman bumps other guests when he's on.

He has 2 segments though, so the girls should be fine

Yeah I think so too. And remember too that the staff asked GG to be on. So I don't think they would do that to them after asking them to come all the way from Korea just to be bumped. 

Yeah I think so too. And remember too that the staff asked GG to be on. So I don't think they would do that to them after asking them to come all the way from Korea just to be bumped. 

Well they have a music booker whose job it is to ask acts to come on. But you're right they wouldn't bump someone after making them come from Asia.

Letterman is pretty mean tho... I remember once he bumped someone like 3 times lol.

I think you are right however, that would make no sense. That's probably why they just have 2 guests that night instead of the usual 3. I'm pretty sure Letterman is going to go over and slobber on Tiffany after the song though... he loves to do that to the pretty ladies.

Guest LittlePinky82

Well they have a music booker whose job it is to ask acts to come on.  But you're right they wouldn't bump someone after making them come from Asia.

Letterman is pretty mean tho... I remember once he bumped someone like 3 times lol.

I think you are right however, that would make no sense.  That's probably why they just have 2 guests that night instead of the usual 3.  I'm pretty sure Letterman is going to go over and slobber on Tiffany after the song though... he loves to do that to the pretty ladies.

I'd at least not think so lol. But they were invited onto the show. So it would be different if it was the other way around perhaps. I only watch Jimmy Kimmel on Youtube with late night shows. I'm usually studying or getting ready for bed with these shows so I'm not sure how they are. I don't think Letterman would do that though. 

Maybe it just depends with Letterman and personal relationships. He doesn't have one with GG. So I don't see any reason for him too unless it was someone else who was more important to him perhaps or a political figure or something like that. 

Lol yes with Letterman. I generally like him though especially for an older guy. Although, there are better late night talk show hosts I like more (mostly Kimmel and Fallon). 

Oh and I'm generally not a WSJ fan. Still not but I liked their article on the girls. I'd love the Hallyu wave to come here and it'd be fun for it to begin with GG. They're my favorite girl group so I'm biased but I'd love the US to have a Hallyu wave too. It will be fun to see them live on my tv tomorrow night!

I have watched David Letterman Late Night show for years and I know most of non-English spoken guests (or not fluent in English) who come on the show will have their interviews scripted and outlined.  David usually will go easy on them.   In this case, SNSD most likely will do a performance at the end of the show and then David will come out to chat with them for a few words (if so, Fanny and Jessica (if there) will do the talking).  That will be it.  However if they do have an interview with David,  then likely it will be scripted and outlined so that there will be no embarrassment for either side.  Normally 1st guest or 2nd will not stay around after his/their interview(s), therefore, Bill Murray should not be around when SNSD appears.

Unless something unexpected happens, things should go fine.   As a Kpop supporter and a Wonderful, I have none to hate in Kpop and like many Kpop Artists/groups (girl groups most cuz I am a fanboy).  SNSD is one of them I like.

I guess I will have to wait for uploaded clips of their appearances on the 2 big US tv shows.

Guest Tetsuya9

120131 SNSD @ New York City Official Pictures - Facebook

120131smfb.jpg

Girls’ Generation has finally arrived in New York~! ‘Girls ’Generation BUS’ will be running around New York City during the promotion period in the U.S.A.

[from FACEBOOK SMTOWN STAFF]

Credits : facebook.com/girlsgeneration

120131 SMTOWN LIVE in TOKYO SPECIAL EDITION Cover

First Press Limited Edition

120131smtownfpress.jpg

Regular Edition

120131smtownreg.jpg

Credits : S.M.Ent Japan ll Tetsuya [sONEms.net]

120131 Jessica @ KBS Wild Romance OST Part 2 - Perhaps MV HD Download

Preview and Information

x.jpg