RUGBY

Guest Caroline :)

Guest Caroline :)

ralph lauren's new line!!!
SO WHO HAS BEEN TO RUGBY??!!

i think the stores located only i New York and Georgetown (in washington DC)....

it's AMAZING!! lol

Guest chibifry

Rugby, Ralph Lauren’s new store, caters to the college set. Perfectly timed with the current preppy trend, Rugby’s in-store design and merchandise are similar to other Ralph Lauren lines, yet the prices, fit and stylelines of the clothing have been tweaked for a younger customer. Sweaters are shrunken, skirts are shorter and pants have lower waistlines and sexier cuts. Rugby’s only location to date is Boston’s Newbury Street, a haven for college kids in the area. There are plans to open stores in Chapel Hill, NC, Charlottesville VA, and East Hampton, NY, as well.

2004(rugby).jpg

Harbus: What is the inspiration for the new Rugby brand?

David Lauren: Polo has been around for over 30 years and we have created a lot of brands. Our brands are very aspirational and in a lot cases very expensive. With the Rugby brand, we want to create a line that is a little bit edgier and more affordable, that enables Ralph Lauren to grow in a new way. The Rugby brand clothing is just something that you want to wear and keep. It's not something that is going to be gone in a week or a month. It's something you can keep your whole life. It's timeless classic with an edge.

http://www.harbus.org/media/storage/paper3...=www.harbus.org

For those who were wondering :D

California

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palo Alto • 369 Stanford Shopping Center • Opening Late June 2006

Connecticut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Canaan • 115 Elm Street • 203.966.2035

Hours: Sun 12-5, Mon-Sat 10-6

Washington D.C.

D.C. • Georgetown • 1065 Wisconsin Avenue • 202.298.5928

Massachusetts

Boston • 342 Newbury Street • 617.247.2801

Hours: Sun 12-6, Mon-Thurs 11-7, Fri-Sat 11-8

North Carolina

Chapel Hill • 135 East Franklin Street • 919.942.8763

Hours: Sun 12-5, Mon-Sat 11-7

New York

New York • 99 University Place • 212.677.1895

Hours: Sun 12-7, Mon-Sat 11-8

Virginia

Charlottesville • Barracks Road Shopping Center • 1123 Emmet Street • 434.295.3641

Hours: Sun 12-5, Mon-Sat 10-8

Washington

Seattle • University Village • 4618 26th Avenue NE • Opening August 2006

Guest crackednut

Rugby, Ralph Lauren’s new store, caters to the college set.

Hah!! Which college set are they talking about? The rich ones apparantly.

Boston location is on Newbury St...and that area is expensive shopping, extremely so.

But it does have such a nice British/preppy look to it...but no doubt a wallet burner.

Guest Sarah.

That store looks so cute. I've heard about it but it's too bad there isn't Rugby in Oregon. If there are close-ups on the clothing, please share.

-Sarah.

Guest crackednut

strangely enough...someone told me that although its rugby clothing...they had pictures up of football(soccer) players in the store :lol:

don't know this for sure, but that would just be hilarious

Guest xCINDERELLA

ahh i recently fell in love with ralph lauren...

i'd better save up till i go on my next shopping trip to new york!

Guest flyaway

Ooh, they're opening one at Stanford...

haha wooot! 5 minute drive

altho i doubt i can afford anything there

Archived