[Drama 2010] Coffee House 커피하우스

Guest simplycomplex18

Guest kravi77

Episode 15 ratings from Dramawiki- (Not sure how accurate)

Nationwide: 8.9 (17th)

Seoul: 9.4 (16th)

I'm not sure what to make of them. Most of S.Korea is neutral? Episode 14 had the highest ratings at 10.1/10.6

Episode 8 kiss: 8.7/9.4

Episode 11 kiss: 8.4/8.7

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Coffee_House/Episode_Ratings

Hypothesis: SK doesn't like kisses?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bashful

now I am sad because there is so many scenes of JS and SY. EY seems happy dancing with JW. I hope EY and JS are just ignoring the way they feel about each other because I will be so disappointed if JS ends up with SY. EY and JS come on and being together already how much time are they still going to waste.

Oh hello,new to this forum....so did you all understand Korean?I've wandered over from another forum...where we've been told to stay away while they translate....so with all the cryptic remarks....does DW still like SY?And why.....does everyone ( well,no everyone but you know what I mean?) think EY will still end up with JS?The wedding plans looks pretty detailed and she had put a lot of thought into planning it.Anyway...I am not a JW fan at all but you've have to admit even as a 3rd in a love triangle...he did wait a long time for her,is the PD just going to do the KD ending style and let him give her up graciously.It's not been that sort of drama all along...it would be too cliche if the PD did that.So how (since there has been so much speculation) are they going to pull off a JS/EY ending with SY happy+ tie up the JW and DW loose ends?

Guest calderonbr

I also am a silent reader who thinks the EY/JS shippers have gone over the top.I am neither shipper as I think the writing on some dramas are too audience driven. As for this story maybe JS doesn't need to be with either. He has a lot of baggage and is he really the right person to settle down and have kids? EY is getting to the age to have kids and not to help JS with all his problems. Everyday no matter what the back ground history between them is going to be there. As for JW ok he cheated...but he has been busting his butt to reform...I think not enough background on JW..JS and EY was given in the drama. I in my opinion think when it went hot and heavy between EY and JS the story went downhill...It lost its freshness and lightness. As for the actress PSY she is an excellent drama actress ...loved her in

"Story of Man" I think drama is better suited for her...but that is my opinion. As for episode 15 I thought it was back to the original feeling that made it a pleasure to watch. I didn't hardly watch the last two episodes. I think the PD will give into the loud demand for the EY/JS shippers for ratings...but if it was reality I would feel sorry for both of them...Sometimes what we want and what is best for people isn't the same thing.

I totally agree! I really enjoyed this episode too. It was really funny, and lighthearted.

I did not feel any angst at all.

Guest blackjackVip

why is the rating for this drama so low? :unsure:

compare to other dramas...like Cinderella Unni from what i remembered had like 30+ before, although i wasn't really able to continue watching that...lol

i wonder why those dramas that i continue to watch and never missed any episodes have the lowest ratings...

i think they're really good and deserves higher one. ^_^

Guest cassidee

why is the rating for this drama so low? :unsure:

compare to other dramas...like Cinderella Unni from what i remembered had like 30+ before, although i wasn't really able to continue watching that...lol

i wonder why those dramas that i continue to watch and never missed any episodes have the lowest ratings...

i think they're really good and deserves higher one. ^_^

That´s my question. KJH is a pretty popular actor, PSY is wellknown, too and HEJ is an idol. How can the ratings be so low? The story is quite good and I love the OST. What is the problem, I really don´t get it. 

That´s my question. KJH is a pretty popular actor, PSY is wellknown, too and HEJ is an idol. How can the ratings be so low? The story is quite good and I love the OST. What is the problem, I really don´t get it. 

Just a guess - the name Coffee House is probably the biggest culprit.

Premise about arrogant writer and secretary turned pro might also have not been very inviting. Probably seemed overdone. I think other dramas that still have this boss-employee thing add other twists. Like for example, Wish Upon A Star had all those cute kids. So it added another element to the plot.  Just a guess.

EDIT:

axe, I think the PD said SY will try to get JS & EY together. Maybe in episode 17 or whatever, she'll finally realize that the ring was meant for EY and decide to let her love go and bring them together. But it might not work because Jin Soo will choose to be with her. That's a possibility.

I also don't know why DW is back but perhaps he's there simply to confuse us. Episode 15's preview wasn't really misleading so perhaps it's the same for ep 16.

icelise, exactly. It's like episodes 14 & 15 were written by different people.

Helloooo... Also new to this forum. I am really confuse. But I want JS and and EY to end up together. I like SY though, but since the beginning of the story love revolves between JS and EY. The history of frienship and JS marrying EY's bestfriend... and dying...JS's frustrations and downfall... EY was there for JS all through out. There was a closure though, when JS left Korea and EY accepted JS's reasons. But still it doesn't make sense if they dont end up together. I guess...

I am with you... I noticed that if its a "not so good drama" it has high ratings. But for the "must see drama", ratings are are not as good as expected. No offense... I don't exactly know Korean ratings since I'm not from Korea but I watched several kdrama and I google them up for their ratings. This is the come back drama for KJH, and no doubt about it, He's a good actor.

Premise about arrogant writer and secretary turned pro might also have not been very inviting. Probably seemed overdone.

Well, I do not like that premise----at all. I misread the synops because I thought JS/EY....never would have watched, but will see what tomorrow brings to see if I finish now or in the fall.

What, no one likes the JinSoo-SeungYeon couple? God, they're adorable!

Personally, I felt that it was pretty obvious the two would end up together from the beginning. I didn't realize a lot of people thought it would be JinSoo and EunJeong.

I LOVEDD episode 15. Haha, it was pretty surprising, though--

didn't expect there to be a kiss between the two already.

:P

Fresh and cute- I'm loving it. :D

And, holy crap, Park SiYeon is GORGEOUSS.

She looks so pretty in that red dress in the Cosmopolitan shoot.

Can't wait till tomorrowww!

Guest boraah

What, no one likes the JinSoo-SeungYeon couple? God, they're adorable!

Personally, I felt that it was pretty obvious the two would end up together from the beginning. I didn't realize a lot of people thought it would be JinSoo and EunJeong.

I LOVEDD episode 15. Haha, it was pretty surprising, though--

didn't expect there to be a kiss between the two already.

:P

Fresh and cute- I'm loving it. :D

And, holy crap, Park SiYeon is GORGEOUSS.

She looks so pretty in that red dress in the Cosmopolitan shoot.

Can't wait till tomorrowww!

Well, to be honest... for most of the episodes, it didn't look like were going to end up together. I don't think they will end up together still even after what happened in episode 15.

I LOVED this episode! I think the drama is quite consistent with the character's personalities and the plotline is going pretty smoothly - I was so sure that it was gonna be a EunSoo ending but now I'm not so sure. I do feel bad for DW though - I don't understand his decision to become a manager again just because SY has a boyfriend...how's that going to help him get her?

JinSoo is really warming up to SY and it seems like he's starting to develop feelings.

I know there are a lot of EY/JS shippers but it seems to be more on international fan sites-- to me it doesn't make sense for EY to throw it all away just because JS came back. How can she break off the engagement twice? And she really seems to like JW's parents and they dote on her. It's just not logically a good idea and they both have too much pride to show each other their true feelings. SY on the other hand is the only one who can get JS to break out of his mold while STILL BEING himself.

People keep wondering why the ratings are so low in Korea - that's because only dramas with serious DRAMA have high ratings. Dramas with so many twists and turns that make it seem like you're going to die of angst have high ratings or weekend family dramas that old ladies watch lol. I'm not surprised that this drama doesn't have high ratings but the large international fan base seems to be making up for that.

My mp3 is playing Page One and my thoughts are filled with past EunSoo. Seems like everything's just dream...

Looks like everyone is on the same ship and we are taking a cruise to nowhere lol

I am already mentally prepared to accept anything, even EY marrying JW. She does look happy although I dun think she loves him. But her happy face is enough for me. So if there's another twist at the end with EunSoo being tgt it's a bonus for me.

I think JS will simply tell the truth to JW but he's not going to do anything more. If he adds that he now realizes there's someone else waiting for him then nothing needs to be done at all. The ball is thrown to JW and EY but somehow I am certain EY will not leave JW.

The DC gallery is filled with SY's supporters but scattered among them are some strong EunSoo shippers writing long touching comments. They dun believe it's the end of them. Many questioned the What the PD said during the interview (SY is supposed to be the bridge).

We thought that JW losing the ring could bring some hope but turned out to be letting JS see how happy EY is. And so the whole of ep15 is allow SY to confess in ep16? then what would be the purpose of JW finding out about the ring? Allowing JS to confess his feelings for (SY? EY?). Also a mystery as to what JS read in SY's notebook that made him turned serious. To me everything happens for a reason, no matter how stupid the reason can be lol.

Hiaz I dunno if I can watch this drama again. Too many precious memories of EunSoo in the previous eps.

Edit: News just out that tonight's party is for JW's birthday and for that EY is going to perform a magic show. JS will be present ad witnessing this and it is anticipated this will again bring about feelings of regret regarding the couple.

Guest cassidee

Well, I´ll be honest. I didn´t care for the synopsis the tiniest bit, when I started this drama. It was just and purely because of KJH. You can say, I craved after a new drama from him after Hong Gil Dong. He was brilliant in HGD and he didn´t disappoint me in CH. 

For example the scene after EY came back from her trip and JS sprinted to her office. The way he stared at her, relieve, worry, disbelief, exhaustion, it was all there, he was amazing. Or the way he looks down on SY, when they are preparing for their fakegagement. I´m a SY-shipper myself and yes it´s mean, but I have to laugh every time, I´m watching it. He´s behaving like a 10 year-old brat, lol. 

So, I really didn´t care, what was this drama about and somehow I assumed, everyone would think the same. I guess, I have a Marie-Antoinette-complex....

Guest icelise

Here's my two cents...

I don't really care about JS/SY ending up together at this point. I'm still disturbed that JW and EY are together and will possibly get married. I've heard the arguments saying that JW has "reformed" and that JW's parents dote on EY. I believe that EY deserves better than JW. Does JW respect EY now? Did he really change? Is he no longer threatened by EY's success? After hearing his "secretary fantasy" I can't really be on board the JW/EY ship--I just feel like it's headed for disaster. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

I'll watch this drama to the end. I really hope they are able to fill in some plot holes, but at the same time, I'm not holding my breath.

My mp3 is playing Page One and my thoughts are filled with past EunSoo. Seems like everything's just dream...

Looks like everyone is on the same ship and we are taking a cruise to nowhere lol

I am already mentally prepared to accept anything, even EY marrying JW. She does look happy although I dun think she loves him. But her happy face is enough for me. So if there's another twist at the end with EunSoo being tgt it's a bonus for me.

I think JS will simply tell the truth to JW but he's not going to do anything more. If he adds that he now realizes there's someone else waiting for him then nothing needs to be done at all. The ball is thrown to JW and EY but somehow I am certain EY will not leave JW.

The DC gallery is filled with SY's supporters but scattered among them are some strong EunSoo shippers writing long touching comments. They dun believe it's the end of them. Many questioned the What the PD said during the interview (SY is supposed to be the bridge).

We thought that JW losing the ring could bring some hope but turned out to be letting JS see how happy EY is. And so the whole of ep15 is allow SY to confess in ep16? then what would be the purpose of JW finding out about the ring? Allowing JS to confess his feelings for (SY? EY?). Also a mystery as to what JS read in SY's notebook that made him turned serious. To me everything happens for a reason, no matter how stupid the reason can be lol.

Hiaz I dunno if I can watch this drama again. Too many precious memories of EunSoo in the previous eps.

i was about to bring this up. the PD said we will be seeing JW pushing SY-JS and he also said we will be seeing SY pushing JS-EY...so probably, tonight we will see SY pushing JS to fight for EY.

there's so much mess in this drama because the plot is not solid - it's so obvious they started a drama without an end in mind. I didn't have any problem in Prosecutor Princess because the transition of Hye Ri from Yoon Geumsa-nim to In Woo was beautifully done. Hye Ri was also consistent she doesn't like stalker In Woo, but somehow, it just happened [well, it helped that Hye Ri and In Woo had sparks!].

i would have taken it well too if it will ultimately be JS/SY provided they didn't waste 12 episodes on the passionate, deep love of JS and EY. That's why I can't process JS/SY right now..if this were still episode 8, i would have let go of JS and EY and happily move to JS/SY.

O/T: whoa, this angst reminds me of Boys Over Flowers --- Gu Jun Pyo and Jan Di were apart for around 5 episodes [i think] and Ji Hoo and Jan Di were everywhere together, I was very nervous that the korean version will have a Jan Di-Ji Hoo ending. it got crazy then because Kim Hyun Joong had a solid fan base too. :rolleyes:

i'm still not watching episode 15 until i hear about episode 16. :angry:

Unable to edit my post so bear with me lol.

A pic of EY doing magic (JW must really like roses)...

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=coffeehouse&no=11092&page=1&bbs=

It's amusing that the fans are reading too much into this

Illusion? Trick? Feelings of regrets? Will the illusion be broken and JS steps out?

Just pull out the rabbit...

Archived