Typing Korean on AIM...

esskeigh

I haven't used AIM since 1.47, but from my understanding back then you can't type korean or hangul letters because it doesn't support unicode. Perhaps, try changing the regional codepage of AIM with Microsoft AppLocale into Korean but I can't gurantee anything..

Guest aznfishyfart

ya....u cant type in korean on aim im pretty sure....

if u really wanna type in korean make all ur friend change to MSN lol

Guest xjools

I can type & read Korean on AIM perfectly fine :mellow:

Go to your regional settings and set the languages to Korean.

If that doesn't work, right click on the typing box (in AIM) and click on New Font. Pick a Korean font and try typing it. It should work O_O

I can type & read Korean on AIM perfectly fine :mellow:

Go to your regional settings and set the languages to Korean.

If that doesn't work, right click on the typing box (in AIM) and click on New Font. Pick a Korean font and try typing it. It should work O_O

K if you changed regional settings and it works then the switching codepages thru Applocale should work as well. (It basically is the same thing, only it does it on a per program basis)

Guest sweet_pai

I think you'll be able to type whatevers with the NEW aim as in triton. Older versions of aim won't work.

Guest stellabella

so if you COULD see those korean characters that you typed on AIM, would that mean that other people can see them too? or would they just see the characters as ???? instead? =/ can someone clarify this for me please?

Yeah, just because you can see the actualy letters doesn't mean the other party will see it as well.

so if you COULD see those korean characters that you typed on AIM, would that mean that other people can see them too? or would they just see the characters as ???? instead? =/ can someone clarify this for me please?

They would see ??? on their screen if their regional coding for either the AIM or Windows as a whole wasn't in Korean. Thus, they'd have to do the same things you did to get it to appear (unless it was already done). You can safely assume when your talking to people in Korea that they'd see it perfectly :\

I think you'll be able to type whatevers with the NEW aim as in triton. Older versions of aim won't work.

After doing a quick search, I believe Triton supports unicode. Again, other people have to use Triton or have their regional coding in Korean for them to see Korean

Guest kyung won

uhm easy

go download and install NJStar communicator

its a typing program that supports chinese, japanese, and korean

and it works with old versions if aim as well

Archived