[drama 2010] I Am Legend 나는 전설이다

Guest Q_Park

Guest zzola1003

i think the goaty moustache style of LJH kinnda grow on him, he's hottt!!!

he did look messy and haggard with that in Three Brothers but not in IAL ..

I dun mind spoiler, but I shall wait for the subs to come out... can't wait for that, pls pls hurry :ph34r:

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Q_Park

A short summary of Episode 3:

SPOILERS

Seol-hee tells the judge (I guess) that she wants to get a divorce because she made a mistake in marrying into a family that was too out of her class. The judge tells her that that wasn't really an eligible reason for divorce. Then Ji-wook spews some crap about how he's sorry that lately he has been neglecting his wife because he was too busy with work and that the reason that she wants to get a divorce with him is because he and his mother didn't let her get the blood marrow transplant. They only refused because they were worried about poor Seol-hee's health. Seol-hee can't believe the nonsense that is coming out of his mouth and pleads the judge to please reconsider. There surely must be a reason why Seol-hee so desperately wants a divorce. The judge decides that this case should go to court. 

Su-in finds out that the rest of the band has kind of disbanded and can't get in touch with some of the members. She's in despair and doesn't have any more money to train another group. 

Tae-hyun is working part time at a bar where Seung-hye comes to look for him; she wants to know how he knows Jeon Seol-hee. He says that he doesn't know her and Seung-hye warns him not to get close to her because she's on a divorce case that she's working on and doesn't want to get him involved. 

Su-in and Seol-hee meet up but Su-in can't find the guts to ask her best friend for even more money to train more bands. 

Ji-wook tells Mother Dearest that the case is going to court and she can't believe the nerve of that girl and tells him that she's going to have a talk with her soon.

Hwa-ja tells Seol-hee (after some ridiculously gushy moments with her husband) that Su-in came to Seol-hee that day to ask her for some more money but probably couldn't bring herself to ask her. Seol-hee feels bad because she can't exactly provide funding for the band anymore because of her pending divorce. 

Ran-hee comes to ask Sul-hee for a favor. Let her borrow the group so that she comeback to the music industry. A company asked her to take part in a short documentary that they were doing and when Ran-hee mentioned that she had a band in high school, they were very interested. Seol-hee tells her that she needs to discuss it with the group. 

The group talks. All in favor of helping Ran-hee: Hwa-ja and Sul-hee All against helping Ran-hee: Su-in and other band member whose name I don't know yet. Seol-hee tells Su-in that this is a great chance to help her and the three of them end up agree. The other ajummah can't make it. 

Ran-hee and other man find Tae-hyun and asks him to help create a new song for Ran-hee's comeback. In fact, he should come to the documentary group rehearsal thing to see what the band has to offer. Plus, this is a great way for him to get back on track with his musical career. Ran-hee tells Seol-hee that since she's going to be the vocal; all the rest of the band needs to do is just quietly back her up. 

Ji-wook meets up with Seol-hee and offers her a proposal. He will get a divorce with her if after the divorce Seol-hee lives quietly, so quietly that she might as well be dead. It would be even better if she could move to another country; she doesn't need to be worried about money because he would provide everything. 

At the rehearsal in front of all the cameras, everyone is very nervous except for Ah-reum who looks like a natural. Tae-hyun comes in and notices Su-in and finally Seol-hee. After the practice, they all go to drink and the atmosphere is tense for a while between Su-in and Tae-hyun. Seol-hee patches everything up and all is well for now. Hwa-ja reveals Seol-hee's identity from the past; they both used to be avid fans of Tae-hyun and his band. 

Ji-wook finds out that Seol-hee is going to be on live television, he goes ballistic and yeah...

Mother Dearest comes to find Seol-hee and is shocked at her outfit and whatnot. Seol-hee must have driven Ji-wook to desperation if he even agreed to get a divorce with her. She's even willing to apologize if Seol-hee comes back to the family. Seol-hee tells her that nothing will change her mind and BAM, MD slaps her. Meanwhile, Tae-hyun is watching this all from behind.

It's rehearsal time but nobody is there except for Hwa-ja, Su-in and Ah-reum. Seol-hee tells the band that she probably won't be able to make it anymore. (She's signed the divorce contract already.) Seol-hee goes looking for Ran-hee and Ran-hee tells Seol-hee that the whole documentary thing has been canceled because Ji-wook pulled some strings to have it stopped. 

Furious, Seol-hee goes to look for Ji-wook who is walking out with Seung-hye. Seol-hee tells him that he was so close to getting what he wanted but that all ended when he crushed her dream. She pulls out the contract and rips it into pieces before throwing it in his face. 

- Kyu

Guest Zombie

Thanks Q Park. That make our watching without sub so much easier. :D

Now i am thinking...why did SH tore up the divorce contract?

Guest JaneElliot

@Q_Park Ah, thanks for the summary. I only got to watch half the episode this morning before I had to go to work, and now I'm super excited to finish it when I get home. You're the best! And can I also say, I love your sig - Ara's soooo pretty.

Guest ceceetran

Thank Kyu for the great summary. I am getting drawn into this series so I hope it gets more love. I know that it has some tough competitors but I hope it will pull through. The hubby is really getting on my nerves. He is one selfish prick. The mom is another selfish prick who needs to slap to the face! I haven't watched episode 3 or 4 yet because I am waiting on subtites. Damn it. I wish I knew korean! lols

First of all, I would like to greet *alodia* who's currently in charge of this thread, which looks so much like an "old" one. She did more than an excellent job back then on keeping track of everyone's posts which she had carefully all read and we did share so many good memories in Inju City. ;)

I wasn't looking forward to this drama (nor any other after my disappointment over "Coffee House" - nope I wasn't a JS/SY shipper) because I too expected KSA to kick some a*** in this drama until she annouced leaving the show. :tears: Plus, I find the Tae-Hyun/Seol-Hee couple to a dong-saeng/noona relationship, from their looks and real age, which I dislike and it's gonna be hard for them to convince me otherwise.

However, after reading recaps on dramabeans and giving it a try because of Tarits unnie, I too have come to enjoy this good drama. Just like many of you, I guess. ^_^

Random thought: in episode 2, Ji-Won told Seol-Hee, after she confirmed wanting to divorce, that he shall never let her go until his death. Back then, it sounded like a threat, but I'm thinking that this might turn into a promise, as if he gets in the future to realize his love for her, and will pursue her.

A short summary of Episode 3:

SPOILERS

Furious, Seol-hee goes to look for Ji-wook who is walking out with Seung-hye. Seol-hee tells him that he was so close to getting what he wanted but that all ended when he crushed her dream. She pulls out the contract and rips it into pieces before throwing it in his face. 

- Kyu

Wasn't able to watch the last 10 minutes of episode 3, thus thank you very much, Kyu, for the whole summary and that last spoiler which  caused me to mentally adress Ji-Wok with an "In your face" comment. ^_^:lol:

Guest Q_Park

Everyone is very welcome! It's the least I can do. haha

I'm downloading episode 4 right now; I'm so excited! >< 

I will be back with a short summary of episode 4 later. 

JaneElliot: Thank you! haha I love Jane Eyre too. ;D

bernadette: Thanks for the BTS pictures!! 

- Kyu

Guest Q_Park

Short summary of Episode 4

Spoilers

Hwa-ja calls Seol-hee and Seol-hee tells her not to worry because she’s going to take care of this mess. Ran-hee walks in drunk saying that Seol-hee’s never going to be able to fix this situation. Seol-hee goes to the office to ask the director of the documentary if there is anything that he can do. After she leaves, another worker tells the director that that woman was the famous Lawyer Cha’s wife who has a lot of rumors surrounding her.

After the documentary gets back on track, Tae-hyun comes to look over the band again and barges out. Ran-hee follows and asks him to please train them, just for the time being. Tae-hyun doesn’t know where to start with these bunch of amateur ajummahs. Seol-hee overhears this whole exchange.

The Madonna Band plus two go drinking again. Seol-hee and Su-in half get into anargument with Tae-hyun again. Seol-hee tells him that he probably doesn’t feel like drinking because he already feels full from insulting them this afternoon. He says that it’s good she heard so that he doesn’t need to say it again. She stomps off and after hearing a couple of students bad mouthing Tae-hyun, runs off to defend the Firebirds.

Seung-hye becomes furious when she sees the house in a mess. Seol-hee is walking a drunk Tae-hyun to his home and Seung-hye sees this and becomes suspicious. Surprised to see that Tae-hyun has a son, Seol-hee is pretty cautious and Nu-ri asks her if she’s his dad’s girlfriend. To that, she replies that she’s just a very good fan and will continue to be a fan.

Seol-hee is going around asking workers to please help her give an eyewitness at the divorce court case but no one agrees because they don’t dare go against Old Mistress. At rehearsal, the director keeps focusing on Sul-hee and asks her to try being the vocal. Flustered, Seol-hee refuses but the rest of the group urges her on. Seol-hee totally rocks as the vocal and even the rest ofthe band’s mood seems uplifted. Tae-hyun also takes notice of Seol-hee shining.

Ran-hee is very upset and throws Seol-hee’s bag when she discovers the divorce contract. Enter evil smile. Ran-hee comes in and asks Seol-hee to invite her husband; he must be very supportive. Seol-hee counteracts and says that he’s very busy right now. Oh no, those rumors are false, right? You know the oneabout you and Ji-wook getting a divorce. Ran-hee gloats and Seol-hee admits that she is in the middle of trying to get a divorce. Is Ran-hee satisfied now? Seol-hee guesses that she probably needs to leave now.

Her friends asks her if she really needs to get a divorce. Why doesn’t she just bear with it and go on with her life? Seol-hee says that being rich isn’t anything special. Instead of wearing the most expensive clothes, having a chauffeured car, or going to a special health club, she rather be going to a $10 sauna with her loving husband (like Hwa-ja). Her friends can’t possibly understand what it feels like to be looked at with Ji-wook’s cold eyes and his mother’s belittling tone.

The gang (minus Seol-hee) is in Hwa-ja’s car about to follow Ji-wook because they are suspicious of him having another woman. They end up going to a hotel where they see Ji-wook greet Seung-hye and they go inside. All furious, Hwa-ja calls Seol-hee and Seol-hee is forced to come over. When they reach Ji-wook/Seung-hye’s room, Hwa-ja barges in and attacks Seung-hye by the hair calling her a husband stealing vixen. She stops short when she notices that they are actually having a business meeting with other people. Angry Ji-wook tells Seol-hee that he isnot someone that can so easily be trampled over.

Seung-hye meets up with Tae-hyun one more time to ask him if there is anything going on between him and Seol-hee. There really is nothing and Seung-hye just leaves it at that. As he knows, the court case is tomorrow and Tae-hyun asks her to take it easy on Seol-hee. Hearing this, Seung-hye tells him that now she feels like going even stronger against Seol-hee.

(Okay, I was just a bit confused about the law part but this is what I get from it.) Seol-hee starts by asking her witness about what he thought about thei rmarriage the past couple of years and he tells her that truthfully, it was hard to even call them a married couple anymore. Now Seung-hye starts attacking Seol-hee by  accusing her of bribing the witness and calling her a gold-digger who only married into the family for selfish intentions and both her and Ji-wook throw smug smiles at Seol-hee.

- Kyu

EDIT: OMG! Ratings were high for episode 4!!! Breaking 15% is a huge deal for a 9 o'clock drama. 

14.6% - Nielsen

15% - TNS

Guest gracefulmoonie

Does anyone know the title of the song that Seol Hee sang at the end of episode 4? Thanks.

Thanks so much Q_Park for all the summaries :D

Guest nitrogen123

Wow, thanks so much for the summary of episodes 3 & 4.......it'll keep me going until the subs are out.

Just curious....in Korea....what happens when the courts don't grant you the divorce? Do you have to still live together? Can't you just live separate lives....and not get the "official" divorce?...I know you can't re-marry...but, that's not what she wants anyways, right now.

Guest miniejungle

i just finished watching ep3 and really loving it so far. KJE rocks! i love her rock star outfits more than the elegant wife ones, hahah...

i feel it's a bit fast for the resolute change in her marriage - like the impact wasn't conveyed that deeply, but overall it's a nice drama to watch. and i can't stand the mother in law. Somehow i feel all mother in laws are bad creatures, gosh!!!!

Archived