Official Seohwa/용서/Yongseo Sweet Potato Couple Thread 1 ♥

hazelnutthursdays

Guest Taocniar

As a semi-dedication to our dear couple that we love, I shall attempt a post on some specifics of their Blurry relationship at this current point of time~

Its a long post! Skip if it bores you to tears~~~ :lol:By the way, i love you j2dlee. ^_^

@lovekin perhaps this might answer some of your questions?

As we start of this episode(28) with fresh and vivid memories of the previous (THE :wub:27), we are surprised that Yong has chosen such a method, brutal as it may seem, to test Hyun on her feelings towards him. Also, another important point is that Yong has met his purpose on pulling off such a move. Many posts have described Hyun dishing out the consequences and the price Yong has to pay for his actions, and therefore no need for me to further elaborate.

For his purpose, at face level, we see that Yong wants to know whether Hyun would miss him. As Yong states that "This is the moment, if I stop calling her from now on she’ll be more worried and more think about me", we know that he wants a confirmation of Hyun's feelings for him. As this is a fairly straightforward and seemingly uncomplicated statement, his actions show that it actually holds a deeper and darker meaning to him. He held back, for a month. Keeping his feelings in check and "suppressing himself" from texting her for a whole month. As we backtrack to the episode that we love so much, we can think of so many hundreds of different ways we love that time. However, he should be feeling a rush of absolutely conflicting emotions in the days that follow after the filming. Ranging from Love, Appreciation, Amusement, Wonderment, to Is this for real, What could she mean by this, Can i take what she did as a sign of something more, Perhaps i should confirm the situation before acting rashly.

And hence his purpose is borne. Of course, these are just second guesses based on my own past experience *cough*, do not take it too seriously! Hehe. On to the darker side of his purpose, this time, Yong wants to know Hyun's true purpose for her actions during the birthday period. And this, would require a few pre-pointers that he considered.

Firstly, he knows Hyun has a lack of experience in maintaining a BGR, and expects that her dear SNSD sisters would provide her with input as to how she should go about doing so. Simply, this means that she had suggestions as to what she should do for him, and she picked the ones that she had preference for.

Secondly, he knows that he had confessed to Hyun in a roundabout manner, thru Lovelight, and there was no clear confirmation in the Real world that she has accepted him yet.

Thirdly, quite importantly, he has high hopes that his presents would touch her, move her in a way no other has ever, that she would perhaps, fall for him.

Rash as it may seem, this one month plan is what Yong has thought up of to ensure that Hyun has sufficient time to confirm her own feelings towards him. The MCs have said that 3 days is enough for this kind of action. And I agree! A normal relationship would only require 3 days to a week of ‘no contact’ to establish a view of the feelings the female would have. However, this is no normal relationship between 2 normal people. These are 2 high profile, high achieving, highly motivated, highly dedicated individuals, in a love relationship created on screen. This is the factor that calls for drastic measures to test the waters deep below the surface, where the real emotions are, where the real feelings reside, and where her heart is. Yong has taken a deep dive to search out the real.

While knowing both the consequences and the rewards of his actions, he adamantly carried it out to perfection. He wants to know whether he should invest more of his own heart, in fear of being torn by a false reading into Hyun’s true intentions. He needs a confirmation.

Selfish as it may seem, do think about perhaps, how clouded one’s emotions can be, how confused one can be, how lonely can he be.

It’s not that he couldn’t ask directly, I mean, no one asks, ‘Do you really like me?’ through texts or phonecalls, its just weird right? XD

Results have shown him the light to his terrible month, that he has seen the signs from her that allows him to relax and feel at ease knowing that she has developed real feelings for him too. And here we go, the signs that he took as a gauge for her feelings..

1. She is bothered very Very much by it. This is very obvious. Hahahaha :) Shows it through asking, the 'i am angry at you' face, crossing the arms, stares. etc.

2. She has absolute plans to get back at him for it.

3. She still shows aegyo to him once in awhile.

4. She has showed that she cared about their relationship during this period of high activity for Yong.

Perhaps more? Fill me in~ B)

And next, after we know that his purpose has been fulfilled, Yong knows that he has to pay the price for this precious knowledge. Ah, and he starts his engine full force to try to make her happy, to try and reduce the backlash. However, Hyun has been methodical in dealing out the punishment! She doesn't shy away from it as she has her own purpose towards Yong, after realising what he has done to her. I believe from this point of time onwards, Yong would be pushing onwards to the real with all his effort after the confirmation. 

Seriously, I would like to discuss more on the heavy plan that Hyun has set in motion and the reasons behind it, but then, I have no more time! :( Hahahaha!

As a little side note bonus to those who have read.. Try saying "I’m really touched, really very touched." the way Yong does in his BRI.. It's really fun! Hehe~ :lol:

Guest YongxHyun

As a semi-dedication to our dear couple that we love, I shall attempt a post on some specifics of their Blurry relationship at this current point of time~

Its a long post! Skip if it bores you to tears~~~ :lol:By the way, i love you j2dlee. ^_^

@lovekin perhaps this might answer some of your questions?

As we start of this episode(28) with fresh and vivid memories of the previous (THE :wub:27), we are surprised that Yong has chosen such a method, brutal as it may seem, to test Hyun on her feelings towards him. Also, another important point is that Yong has met his purpose on pulling off such a move. Many posts have described Hyun dishing out the consequences and the price Yong has to pay for his actions, and therefore no need for me to further elaborate.

For his purpose, at face level, we see that Yong wants to know whether Hyun would miss him. As Yong states that "This is the moment, if I stop calling her from now on she’ll be more worried and more think about me", we know that he wants a confirmation of Hyun's feelings for him. As this is a fairly straightforward and seemingly uncomplicated statement, his actions show that it actually holds a deeper and darker meaning to him. He held back, for a month. Keeping his feelings in check and "suppressing himself" from texting her for a whole month. As we backtrack to the episode that we love so much, we can think of so many hundreds of different ways we love that time. However, he should be feeling a rush of absolutely conflicting emotions in the days that follow after the filming. Ranging from Love, Appreciation, Amusement, Wonderment, to Is this for real, What could she mean by this, Can i take what she did as a sign of something more, Perhaps i should confirm the situation before acting rashly.

And hence his purpose is borne. Of course, these are just second guesses based on my own past experience *cough*, do not take it too seriously! Hehe. On to the darker side of his purpose, this time, Yong wants to know Hyun's true purpose for her actions during the birthday period. And this, would require a few pre-pointers that he considered.

Firstly, he knows Hyun has a lack of experience in maintaining a BGR, and expects that her dear SNSD sisters would provide her with input as to how she should go about doing so. Simply, this means that she had suggestions as to what she should do for him, and she picked the ones that she had preference for.

Secondly, he knows that he had confessed to Hyun in a roundabout manner, thru Lovelight, and there was no clear confirmation in the Real world that she has accepted him yet.

Thirdly, quite importantly, he has high hopes that his presents would touch her, move her in a way no other has ever, that she would perhaps, fall for him.

Rash as it may seem, this one month plan is what Yong has thought up of to ensure that Hyun has sufficient time to confirm her own feelings towards him. The MCs have said that 3 days is enough for this kind of action. And I agree! A normal relationship would only require 3 days to a week of ‘no contact’ to establish a view of the feelings the female would have. However, this is no normal relationship between 2 normal people. These are 2 high profile, high achieving, highly motivated, highly dedicated individuals, in a love relationship created on screen. This is the factor that calls for drastic measures to test the waters deep below the surface, where the real emotions are, where the real feelings reside, and where her heart is. Yong has taken a deep dive to search out the real.

While knowing both the consequences and the rewards of his actions, he adamantly carried it out to perfection. He wants to know whether he should invest more of his own heart, in fear of being torn by a false reading into Hyun’s true intentions. He needs a confirmation.

Selfish as it may seem, do think about perhaps, how clouded one’s emotions can be, how confused one can be, how lonely can he be.

It’s not that he couldn’t ask directly, I mean, no one asks, ‘Do you really like me?’ through texts or phonecalls, its just weird right? XD

Results have shown him the light to his terrible month, that he has seen the signs from her that allows him to relax and feel at ease knowing that she has developed real feelings for him too. And here we go, the signs that he took as a gauge for her feelings..

1. She is bothered very Very much by it. This is very obvious. Hahahaha :) Shows it through asking, the 'i am angry at you' face, crossing the arms, stares. etc.

2. She has absolute plans to get back at him for it.

3. She still shows aegyo to him once in awhile.

4. She has showed that she cared about their relationship during this period of high activity for Yong.

Perhaps more? Fill me in~ B)

And next, after we know that his purpose has been fulfilled, Yong knows that he has to pay the price for this precious knowledge. Ah, and he starts his engine full force to try to make her happy, to try and reduce the backlash. However, Hyun has been methodical in dealing out the punishment! She doesn't shy away from it as she has her own purpose towards Yong, after realising what he has done to her. I believe from this point of time onwards, Yong would be pushing onwards to the real with all his effort after the confirmation. 

Seriously, I would like to discuss more on the heavy plan that Hyun has set in motion and the reasons behind it, but then, I have no more time! :( Hahahaha!

As a little side note bonus to those who have read.. Try saying "I’m really touched, really very touched." the way Yong does in his BRI.. It's really fun! Hehe~ :lol:

took a while to read it haha

well, this is why i like this thread so much

i like how everyone is discussing and sharing their opinions ^^

and yes, i totally agree with you

when yong test hyun's feeling, so does it mean he like her?

well, if he doesnt like her, he doesnt have to do so many things

and now, we know that hyun is really mad...so does it mean she like him too?

so...........does it mean they both like each other..? :P

and for the 1 month, see the blackhouse interview that has been cut, yong was really busy preparing for the concert

it was their first concert, and as a leader, he had lots of responsibilites

Guest monie1909

Hmm,about crossing the border of wgm and reality,i believed it had be that way forever for Yongseo,hence thats why we feel that they are more real than others.Like when Yong confessed the lovelight,i believed it too had already cross the wgm boundary for it also should be keep personal between him and Hyun,so this week show is nothing new.The different is the issue is in different light.last week,they were shown as the romantic,sweetest person so we have no problem with it but this week,they were shown as opposite those we start to question wgm pd's take in potraying this two relationship.We re the one that ask for them to be shown as real as possible and i guess we have to accept open heartedly if it not always as beautiful as we hoping for.I think its not an issue what they did imperfectly,it mean they are real and human are far from perfect.Now,we see different side of Hyun and Yong,maybe not so pretty side for some people but for me,i'm just grateful i had been shown this side of them.Because I dont think,we able to see the vulnerable side of any idol in any other tv program because normally its their job to look perfect.It up to us,the fans then to accept their flaws or justified their actions if we want but I wont change anything about wgm pd's concept on Yongseo.I love and accept it the way it is.Good or bad.

Guest slylychee

I totally don't buy the whole "I didn't contact you to make you miss me more" excuse. I believe that if you truly like/care about someone, you can't help but want to be near them - whether that be physical proximity, phone, email, or text. It's involuntary impulse towards friends or lovers - and after more than 6 months together, they should be at least friends? From the context and past epi, it seems like they texted a little bit in the past outside of the show.

Arg! I don't know his motivation for not calling her, but as a girl my mind jumps to 2 conclusions: 1) he doesn't actually care for her and the emotions from the last epi was played up to appease viewers; or 2) he had second thoughts/unsure about what happened last time. Either way, it does not reflect well on him.

On a positive note, at least Hyun seemed to care. All along in this relationship, Yong has been the one to take initiative and Hyun has shown much less interest I think. However, last epi was the first time she did a BIG gesture for him - a kind of "I'm letting you in" sorta move. She was obviously expecting something back and Yong did not come through. I'm glad she noticed and was irritated. If she did not care for him very much, it wouldn't have even occurred to her to be mad. So YAY on that front. As far as if she had the right to expect such a call, I think she does. As stated above, they should at least be considered friends at this point.

If they were just colleagues, Yonghwa would have written the Love Light Rap for her.

They are at least friends - and friends should text, that's what friendship's for, right? I understand why Seohyun is angry, but I also think that the PD stressed the whole thing too much. However, I'm really not worred. At all.

Best regards,

Trent.

I just went to the chinese forum, and over there a DC source said that someone who was working at the black room said that a portion was edited away. According to her, Hyun said: She enquired about Yong from people around him. AND

Yong said: it wasnt his intention not to contact her from the beginning, just that during that period, he has to prepare for concert and was busy with other thngs and hence many a times he miss the opportunity to call, and hence the period of not contacting becomes longer but during this time he knows what Hyun is doing.

来自现场配音红薯饭的后记

据她讲有一部分小黑屋被剪掉了

内容如下:

小黑屋CUT部分,小贤说向容和周围的人打听容和的消息,容和说不是一开始打算不联系的,只是那段时间又是准备演唱会还有很多别的事情要忙,忙起来总是错过打电话的时机,就这么没有联系的时间变长了而已,但是都知道徐贤干什么了

I am not sure whether this is an acceptable reason but knowing how busy their schedules are it is possible that they may not even have time to eat and sleep enuf. So I agree with the point that the PD exaggerated the story abit. :)

About Hyun going to CNBlue´s first concert I think she did, even in the ep when she ask Yong, what `ve you been doing? He asked her "after the concert?", so I assume that they have contact eachother at least during the concert (July 31?).

About CNBlue and SeoHyun episode, are you sure they were filming? o just got together for the make a wish event?

I also  want the confirm that Yong is in Taiwan! hopping for this rumor to be true ^^

And last, don´t you guys feel that after this ep may start a rumor about them being a real couple? I´m quite worried about them, I don´t want them in the middle of a torment! :unsure:

Thank you all guys for everything,this time, especially for your thoughts and deductions. J2Dlee, I have to mention your name, as well as redtulip, and the others gogugmas  who brought translations, Thank you so much!!!. .

This was a real tough episode for us :sweatingbullets:. I spent the day feeling sorry for Hyun, then Yong,hating their fight, and then found favor in Case. I even thought about the possibility that they have been asked to act  for this ep, but then, seeing their faces, specially yong´s, I went like.. nooooooo ^^, but who knows ¬¬.

Sigh... lets wait for next week, I hope we can understand more about this whole bickering ^^

PD: sun_sun thanks in advance ^^

Edit 2 :Taocniar, please share what you have on your mind once you get time, please ^^.

Guest Areli-lktx

To all the ones who wanted to read an interview made to a WGM PD a couple of weeks before uri YongSeo joined WGM (this interview was released on February so WGM PD was probably interviewed on January):

[....]

What was Jung PD's favorite moment during the past two years? She chose the episode of Hwang Jung Eum holding an event for Kim Yong Joon's birthday. Yong Joon, who lived on the 21st floor, went up to his apartment using the elevator, while his girlfriend ran up the stairs, stopping on each floor to reveal a handwritten note when the elevator doors opened. Kim Yong Joon showed tears and many viewers were moved by the event.

hi... do you know in wich episode happened jung eum event to yong joon's birthday??? i want to see it and i can download but i don't know in wich episode is =S!!

Guest YongxHyun

I just went to the chinese forum, and over there a DC source said that someone who was working at the black room said that a portion was edited away. According to her, Hyun said: She enquired about Yong from people around him. AND

Yong said: it wasnt his intention not to contact her from the beginning, just that during that period, he has to prepare for concert and was busy with other thngs and hence many a times he miss the opportunity to call, and hence the period of not contacting becomes longer but during this time he knows what Hyun is doing.

来自现场配音红薯饭的后记

据她讲有一部分小黑屋被剪掉了

内容如下:

小黑屋CUT部分,小贤说向容和周围的人打听容和的消息,容和说不是一开始打算不联系的,只是那段时间又是准备演唱会还有很多别的事情要忙,忙起来总是错过打电话的时机,就这么没有联系的时间变长了而已,但是都知道徐贤干什么了

I am not sure whether this is an acceptable reason but knowing how busy their schedules are it is possible that they may not even have time to eat and sleep enuf. So I agree with the point that the PD exaggerated the story abit. :)

u know yong is trying to say the truth, but MBC cut it....

argggg...

and still..yong is wrong this time ><..no matter how busy you are...still ahve to give a call to hyun since she is so worry about you !!

i forgive you if u go to taiwan today!! :)

no matter what happened in the last episode, the only thing i'm looking forward to is what will yong going to do so that he can redeem himself towards hyun in the future episodes. i want to know how will hyun forgives him. is it through his regretful words or he has secretly planned another event to ask his buin's forgiveness for his simple-mindedness?

anyway this is a screen caps from snsd special of the genie and gee making aired yesterday. you can see clearly that seohyun is wearing the couple ring and butterfly necklace.

e88c65843650a92518ded87e980df6436g.jpg

038b1b181afffcfb5275e8c5d0b2ec4d6g.jpg

3457f55f1c350d41e73cbc30deafc2306g.jpg

credit: kubih

Guest YongxHyun

yea~~ we all know the ending is good

but we are curious how the process is...

what did yong do to gain back his lost goguma points

hyun had her ring on even in the taiwan trip too

and i think if yong really goes to taiwan

I am sure there will be lots of news of them

as there are lots of goguma fans in taiwan

A LOT , really ALOT

Guest baby_bo

来自现场配音红薯饭的后记

据她讲有一部分小黑屋被剪掉了

内容如下:

Oh that made sense now!

thanks for sharing.

I just know there's something far more interesting behind these things :)

But still if you ask me, i wont delete/remove the episode last saturday.

People are just so negative, so anti-ish but from a goguma lover/ girl prespective last saturday's epi is another daebak epi and a turning point full of love :)

REMINDERS AGAIN: the epi was recorded 2 months ago and also, EDITING.. consider editing..

NONE THE LESS.. IM HAPPY!

LET'S BE HAPPY GOGUMA "LOVERS"

AND OH.. those screencaptures of Seohyun wearing the BUTTERFLY NECKLACE and the COUPLE RING.. it's recent very recent.. because tiffany and hyoyeon's hair are blonde already :)

Guest ilovesnowwhite

p!ink22 i agree with you. even though last night's episode was like WHOAH. mind torturing for us, but the consolation is that, look at how loveydovey they were on the bus, or even before they rode on the bus at that horror special that was shoot around AUG 15 2010 right? so i believe they had fix the issue already. and i bet yong won't ever do that AFTER their JAPAN trip (since it was said that the japan trip was so memorable for them)

and since everyone has been discussing about no contacts outside wgm. seriously, they can contact each other without PDs knowing. so its up to them. the

and as i read  translations again i believe this is one hurt seo's feelings the most

Hyun: That day was my birthday and I carefully prepared the rings, but in the end did not wear it.

i know seo will understand if yong did not contacted her for a month(although its not really understandable) but i knoiw she'll try cos she herself is an entertainer who knows how hectic schedules can be. butthe thing is that she did not undertsnad why he didnt wear the rings.since she placed so muich effort in preparing the rings. :((( and it is their couple rings, and she herself is wearing it. :)

as what one goguma had said i think yong is now showing off his rings and all so that he can gain back hyun's trust. after all

its... YONG MIDEOH

Guest blu3bird80

annyong..

ahh.. waited a while bfore posting this time.. before setting of to comment on the recent ep or event let me first give my deepest gratitude to j2dlee.. you are so fast girl.. i know u are tired of hearing this.. keke.. also all my thank to all goguma villagers for all the news and update..

now on to what i think of the recent ep.. i read all of your post and i really2 agree on most of them.. but let remember our motto keep faith..

because i'm a namja let me try to figure out Yo~ong 1st..

i think i get where his coming from, i'm no Boice.. but i guess he's a really transparent person.. we all can see that.. thought he might not say it but he bare all on the last ep.. how can we reject his sincere confession? i know most girl don't understand why he did it.. not contacting Hy~un for a month.. but try looking at it this way.. after that double birthday celebration after saying that Love Light is partly if not fully inspired by Hy~un.. don't u guys think he deserve at least a confirmation from Hy~un if what he was doing for her touch her? i know WGM is a show and in the case of uri couple they really blurred the line between reel and real.. i'm guessing he really did a lot of thinking after that.. i can almost say during Love Light confession he did it because he almost wasn't thinking.. it just came out.. he is really touch by what Hy~un did for him, he felt she change, not knowing if she change because of him or that is who Hy~un is.. by j2dlee translation of that ep, in the beginning he really just wanted to explain the rap part.. but after what Hy~un buin did for him.. he must as felt he owed her the truth.. saying he started writing it when he began WGM, saying the song is written while thinking of her.. don't u think he kind of deserve a Yo~ong where are you? Are you okay? I really, really missed you kind of massage from Hy~un as non direct confirmation from Hy~un too.. i know he is a bit much for dragging it to a month (sorry Yo~ong you really over did it this time).. but i remember looking through CN Blue schedule and July was a really busy month for them.. like he said he didn't do it on purpose right? he a good leader, don't you guy feel that.. if after not receiving a 'reply' from Hy~un he decided it is best he prepare for the concert and just focus on his fan and career.. thinking 'yeah, WGM really play on your emotion, since Hy~un seem okay with me not contacting her, maybe what happen that night is just for the camera.. SAD".. i'm feeling in a way it kill him to not contacting her.. so what he did is a double edge knife, it hurt Hy~un as we can see in the recent ep and it hurt him, but i guess this we'll never know.. but there is I Don't Know Why.. a song i'm guessing he compose during that time.. i was going through the cryptic lyric, i can almost feel the confusion the uncertainties again the indirect confession.. so guy please 'Trust Yo~ong'..

sorry for the long post.. i'm just rambling here.. i be back a bit later to defend wife Hy~un.. keke.. not that she need it of course.. 

let all just have faith okay? i think this issue have been resolve either on screen or off we will find out in the upcoming ep..

Thanks, jdlee, redtulip and everyone else for translations, vids and caps.

On the positive side, this episode does show that they both do care about each other. And as Yong points out, they are closer. Otherwise, we'd never see this range of emotions from Seohyun.

My take is one that many have shared. It's just added 'drama' by the PD. Seohyun possibly is upset with Yong for the silence but I'm guessing editing work etc makes it seem like a majorly huge issue.

From their recent episodes, and also comments by those closest to them, I believe Yong consistently racks up big goguma points from Seohyun. Her SNSD unnies are most protective of her. If Yong hasn't redeemed himself somewhat on this disagreement, plus shown himself to be a person of calibre, would her unnies (was it Tiffany? I'm sorry, I forgot who exactly) ask Hyun recently in their fanmeeting "do you like yong? if you do, I will help you".

Hence, though I'm surprised with how things have played out in this recent episode, I'm neither disappointed with Yong or Seohyun. In fact, I believe it's good they have disagreements and disappointments that they can work through. Both are after all still young and their actions and emotions aren't all that different from many their age. I'm looking forward to the next episode and hoping it'll be worked out in a sweet and unexpected way that's characteristic of both Yong and Hyun.

edit: Oops ... sorry to have topped the page without any goodies to share.

I really love this ep. I love it because Yong reminds me of my husband when we were dating. He and I will go on a nice date and then I won't see/or hear from him for awhile. His reason is always, he has projects to work on and also he has a type A personailty - he doesn't express it. It is always "you know" - I then will have to figure out what is "you know". Also they are going through the "getting to know you" stage. This is also a learning stage. There are alot he/she has to get know later on. So enjoy this and don't get too upset at the two of them, they will go through the "ooops - did I do that" and then they will really have all their focus on each other. Also later on, when they do go out with each other (yes) they have already iron out the problem. So everyone, take a deep breath and kick back and enjoy the two.

Guest desirenhope

Anyways for next week's episode, if Yonghwa didn't fix his "mistake" on time he'll feel the wrath of the other 8 SNSD members as well since they're gonna film backstage for their performance.

My sister thinks I am mad for being so emotionally invested in this couple. But I can't help myself. I am do drawn into them that I wish If i ever do get married one day, I'll want a similar story line minus the 1 month of no contact. :P

Guest heartbreak_warfare22

thanks qwenli for your post. the edited back room interview tells me that during the period that they were not contacting each other, they were worried about each other but refused to take initiative to contact the other person. inquiring to the people around them and still knowing how the other was doing shows how much they care.

on Yong's part, he did not mean to drag the situation for that long. he is the leader of the fast rising band CNBlue and they are going to have their first concert. and the pressure is really high since their tickets was sold out so quickly. the greatest pressure is on him to do well in the concert. and you can see the regret on his face when Seohyun was showing him the TRAX MV pictures.

Seohyun is one of Korea's top idols. but she is still a girl. and she now experienced one of the things a normal girl experiences, getting mad because of a guy. I think she handled the situation well.

I hope that their quarrel ended well because they were okay and close during the horror special, and it was filmed in Aug 17 (I think). they met at the salon at Aug 2 (?) and practiced at MBC a week later, Seohyun was still mad as she was not wearing the couple ring. I think she was still pissed at the preview for next week. we need to know when next week's ep was filmed to determined if they the matter was resolved before the horror special.